Desperation

By Wings_of_Fate

Desperation is a state of despair, one that results in rash and extreme behaviour. It is what we resort to i... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
Epilogue

25

7.8K 243 37
By Wings_of_Fate

Chapter twenty five: Separate

1.18.1945

A bright light shone in her face as she lay there, still as a feather. It continued to get brighter and brighter until it was almost painfully bright.

"Oh my dear girl..." A rough wise voice said softly from the white light. Hermione's brows furrowed, she opened her eyes to see Dumbledore standing there. Tears started welling up in her eyes as she figured out what had just happened and where she was. Tears flooded down her cheeks and she choked back a sob.

"Am I dead?" Hermione asked wiping away a stray tear.

"Oh no Miss Granger you are in Limbo." Dumbledore replied looking down gravely at her, but that answer didn't give Hermione any peace at all.

"Limbo?" She asked confused, she had only heard of that term from ancient books about death.

"Limbo is a state of being that exists between life and death. Limbo comes to being inside a person's mind making it both real and unreal at the same time. Its appearance is different for each person who visits it, some Limbo experiences involve loved ones or acquaintances and that is the reason I am here Miss Granger." Dumbledore explained watching the girl thoughtfully. "It's your choice whether you'd like to live or not."

"But I want to professor, I want to see Tom again I want to change him."

"And he wants you back too Miss Granger, but you must wake up wake-"

There was a crackle of thunder and a flash of blinding white light.

•••

"WAKE UP"

Hermione jolted awake she groaned in pain, her body felt achy everywhere. As soon as she had opened her eyes she saw Tom's relief expression, he looked absolutely horrendous. His hair was sticking up in abnormal places and his hands were covered in blood...her blood. Underneath his eyes were dark bags, they were blood shot. He was holding onto her hand with such a tight grip like he thought she would vanish.

"Who's done THIS to you!" Tom yelled, his expression curling into a well known one. He was furious his eyes flashed red as something popped into his mind.

"No Tom don't...please" Hermione whispered squeezing his hand but winced when pain shot up her arm. His expression softened a bit but he was still clearly angry.

"I want to kill whoever had done this to you..." Tom whispered sending a shiver through Hermione. He meant it and she knew that, his expression was glazed over and his eyes unfocused.

"Tom you don't have to be like this, violence won't change anything...please Tom don't do anything...for me please?"

He stayed quiet for a moment, Hermione could tell he was thinking. "Fine, next time you have no say in what I do. I only do what I do in order to protect you." He replied slowly reaching out to her and stroking her cheek. Hermione shivered slightly at his soft touch, goose bumps arousing on her skin.

"Where...where'd you find me anyways?" She asked feeling slightly dazed.

Tom smiled softly stroking her cheek again. "In the females washroom." He replied leaning down lower. Knowing what was about to happen Hermione shut her eyes, she felt his breath on her lips before he pulled away. Someone cleared their throat startling Hermione, her eyes flew open and her face flushed as Alastair stood their his arms crossed and his lips in a flat line.

"Prince." Tom greeted, his cold façade on. Alastair stared at him for a second before glancing down at Tom's bloodied hands and shirt.

"I see that the curse has affected you as well." Alastair said staring at Hermione now, she felt almost guilty under his gaze.

"What do you mean he was affected? That's my blood on his shirt right...right?" Hermione asked looking up at Tom, watching as his jaw clenched as he glared at Alastair. Then it suddenly hit her, she remembered that the bond had some kind of effect where if one of them got hurt it'd hurt the other as well. She stared at Tom in horror. "I'm so sorry!" She apologised rubbing at her eyes again as tears poured down, feeling extremely overwhelmed.

"See what you have down Prince." Tom growled lowly at the dark haired young man. He pressed Hermione against his side protectively and looked down at her. "If I haven't had felt the pain, you would've...you would've..."

"Dead." Hermione finished sniffing. Tom's hold on her tightened and he whispered something that sounded like 'never'.

"Why are you here Prince? What is the point of your visit." Tom asked.

"I wanted to check on Hermione, she's my friend and as jealous as you might get your not the only one that cares about her health." Alastair replied. "May I speak to you in private Hermione?" He asked now turning towards her. Tom scowled not liking his presence being ignored.

She nodded, but Tom refused to let her go his grip tighten on her. "Tom...please." She pleaded looking up into his stormy eyes. He glared at her for a second before sighing in defeat, leaving the room and leaving the two alone.

Once the door was shut, Alastair ran up to Hermione and enveloped her into a tight hug. "Thank merlin your okay, I almost had a heart attack that day I saw you all bloody." He whispered.

"I'm fine now, that's all that matters." She replied smiling up at him.

"Yes that's all. Anyways I've come here to also tell you that I've brewed the antidote for the bond you and Riddle have."

Hermione nodded and let him explain the effects of the potion. "Do you have it on you?" She asked. She knew that the bond made Tom and her closer, but by her getting hurt she was hurting him too.

"Yes, it might taste a little off good luck." Alastair said handing her the dark purple potion. She took the vile from his hand and unscrewed the top, before taking a whiff, scrunching up her nose she chugged the whole thing down and gagged at the disgusting taste.

A weird feeling flushed throughout her body, she no longer felt another presence in her she felt alone. A urge to puke took over her, she collapsed on her knees and dry heaved. Tears started welling up into her eyes, they were the symptoms Alastair had warned her about. By tearing Tom soul from her own, she was going through some kind of withdrawal.

Alastair rubbed her back and helped Hermione sit down onto the medical bed. She heard a crash and coughing from behind the medical room's door, immediately she knew that was Tom because she heard his voice saying some kind of spell. The door to the med room flung opened and Tom stalked in looking furious and disheveled at the same time.

Before she could say anything his wand was out and he aimed it straight at Alastair. "AVADA-"

"Flipendo!" A deep voice yelled from behind him, the jinx hint Tom on the arm send him and his wand flying to the side. Draco stood their looking frantic and fearful.

He ran up to where Hermione and Alastair were. "Are you ok?" He asked Hermione, his cocky behaviour long gone. But she wasn't listening to him, she was watching as Tom stood up staring at her, something flashed in his eyes hurt. "Hermione?" Draco questioned.

"I'm fine." She whispered still staring at Tom, he stood there his fists clenched.

While Hermione was busy staring at Tom, Draco glanced at Alastair nodding his head in approval.

His lip curled up a bit into a smirk, his grey eyes glinted maliciously.

All according to plan.

Hur hur hur Draco what are you planning?¿ ANYWAYS thanks for reading and please remember to vote or comment!

Next update will probably be next Friday!

-Wings_Of_Fate

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.7K 33
Amy Riddle - your average Heir of Slytherin. Last year, she was given the task of befriending Harry Potter. This year, after going through drama, dea...
11.1K 350 14
3rd Book in the Trilogy of Tomione (Abraxas Malfoy POV) Tom Riddle is not the only one whos future is forever changed when a mysterious runaway from...
194K 5.2K 23
Hermione Granger just wasn't herself anymore. But maybe, with the help of her old friend and a little bit of time-travel, she could stop that from ha...
3.5M 145K 62
COMPLETE; don't read if you want fluffy, out-of-character tom. 18+ In 1926, Grindelwald is captured for the first time by Newt Scamander, making his...