The Colorful Tragedies of You...

By stac-cath-o

"we are made up by tragedies, me and you." More

The Colorful Tragedies Of You and I (A Jack and Finn Harries Fanfiction)
One: Finn meets Sydney
Two: The Tragedy
Three: The Aftermath of the Carcrash
Four: An Invitation
Five: Welcome to the Inn Between
Six: Ghost Town
Seven: Big Announcement
Nine: Tea, Movies & Falling In Love
Ten: A Singing Ghost
Eleven: Words of Ghostly Encouragement
Twelve: Jack and Sydney
Thirteen: High Hopes
Fourteen: Concepts of Possibilities
Fifteen: The Curveball

Eight: Jack meets Sydney

242 11 4
By stac-cath-o

Chapter Eight

Jack's POV

"Jaaaaaack!"

"What?"

"Rise and shiiiiine!"

"No."

"Get your lazy bum off your duvet, Jackson."

"Go. Away. Emmy."

"WAKE UP JACK! GOD DAMMIT!"

I groan. I open my eyes, slightly gasping since my sister's face is so close to mine I could smell her breathing.

Which, to be honest, doesn't smell so good, If I do say so myself.

"Emmy, get out of our room!," I complain. "You aren't suppose to be here. Off limits remember?"

Emmy gasps,"Unbelievable. Are you being an asshole or you just suddenly forgot what happened?"

"Finny, can you tell her to get out of my freaking room?," I shout.

Emmy sighs,"One good night's sleep and you already have a memory gap."

"Gaps are my specialty,"I point out. "Cause...you know, Jack's gap."

I lightly laugh at my own joke. Emmy sighs again and hits me with one of my pillows.

"Jack! Finn's funeral remember? How could you freaking forget?,"she reminds me, slapping me with my pillow every each word she says.

"What funeral? Finn's not--oh..." The sudden realization hitting me right in the face.

"Exactly. How could you forget?," Emmy's words slapping me mentally.

How could I possibly forget my brother's death?

What. A. Brother. You. Are. Stupid. Jack.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

Emmy bites her lower lips and lets out a breath I think she was holding ,"Just get dress. We're leaving in twenty minutes."

She gets off my bed and walks over to the door, taking another look at me she says,"Is Sydney coming?"

I gulp. "I don't know. Who cares anyway?," I grumpily ask.

"Jack, you can't blame her for Finn's death," Emmy tells me.

I sigh, "Just get dress, Emmy. Please."

Emmy sighs. Then, without another glance, leaves the room. Leaving me with my thoughts.

****

****

****

"I'm so sorry."

"Condolence."

"You guys are strong kids."

These words are all I hear. I just give them a small smile.

We just planned to have a small funeral to avoid media exposure and such but I feel like it was still not small enough.

"What does Sydney look like?,"Emmy asks me.

"I don't know, Em."

"Then how are we going to know if she's here?"

"I don't know. We'll figure something out."

"Call her then."

"Later. Not now."

"Did she tell you what she was wearing?"

"Emmy! ," I whispershouted. "Who cares if she's coming or not? This funeral is only for Finn's loved ones."

Emmy crosses her arms on her chest. " I care," she says defensively. "And for the record, I think Finn did love Sydney. Even if it was only for a few hours."

I just bite my lip. I sigh,"Okay, sis, you win. I'll call Sydney later."

"No. Now. Call her now."

"Who's Sydney?"

My eyes widen. I turn around and saw Caspar. Yes, Caspar Lee in a tuxedo.

A. Tuxedo.

I was just wearing a black button down in my brother's funeral while Caspar Lee was wearing a freaking tuxedo.

"I didn't have anything to wear," Caspar reasons out. "I was stuck with this," he gestures to the tux.

"I...um...it's alright," I tell him.

I should've worn a tuxedo.

"So," he joins his hands together. "Who's Sydney?," he asks.

"No one," I tell him, waving my hand like it will make the subject go away.

"She's a girl Finn met before he died," Emmy says.

Bloody Hell.

"Really?," Caspar asks her. "So you're brother, Finn, died...because of...love?"

Emmy tilts her head," Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"Emmy, really?,"I ask her. "You're making Finn look like as if he's a daffodil."

"Both of you are daffodils," she points out.

"Emmy, what's happening?,"I ask her confused. "Why are acting like this?"

She looks off at a distance, I turn to where she was looking.

A girl about my age was standing there. She had long brown wavy hair and pale skin. Something tells me it must be Syd-

"I-I hate flowers and love unicorns,"Emmy says, all of a sudden.

Me and Caspar exchange glances. Something's not right here.

Something's off with Emmy.

Finn's P.O.V.

"I-I hate flowers and love unicorns," Emmy says.

I face-palmed myself.

"Lucy? What did you do to my sister?,"I ask Lucy, who so happen to have entered Emmy's body.

"Her body's still processing her conscience," Lucy tells me.

"Why did you have to enter her body?,"I ask her.

"What? I just wanted to point out that you're a daffodil 'cause you died for love," she tells me.

I sigh,"Exactly. A small, little, thing to point out for you to enter my sister's body."

"Touchè."

"Em? Are you alright?," Jack asks Emmy while Caspar was just awkwardly standing there, in his tuxedo.

I actually laughed my head off when I saw what he was wearing.

Emmy blinks," Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

Caspar just shrugs while Jack looks at something at a distance.

When I turn my head to where he was looking, my heart stopped.

Sydney.

"And... there she goes," Lucy started singing. "There she goes again, racing through my brain, and I just can't contaaiiin this feeling that remains"

Rolling my eyes, I started singing along too. What can I do? It was a catchy song and Lucy's voice was surpringly so...hypnotizing."There she goes. There she goes again. Pulsing through my vein-

Lucy then interrupts me," Yeah, only you don't have a pulse so that's not even possible."

I glare at her,"Whatever."

Lucy chuckles, "So Finnegan, what's your decision?"

"I'll just talk to Sydney later."

That was one topic I've been trying to avoid the whole time.

"Why not now?,"Lucy pouts.

"Because, Campbell, we're in my funeral, so you should respect my decision in doing this here. Plus, we're kind of surrounded by lots and lots of people. I would rather prefer a private place," I explain.

"Jack, you love the girl. I know you can't stand talking to her. So why can't you just...talk to her?," Lucy asks.

"I love her, that's the point. I don't want to scare her. I'd be hurt to see her look so scared when she sees me."

"When did you become so practical & reasonable?"

"Since the very day I died."

*

*

*

*

During the funeral, I controlled myself from grabbing all of their shoulders and letting know that I was still here, just not visible.

When Jack said his speech, Lucy had to hold my arm to control me from hugging Jack right there on the spot.

Alas, the time has come for me to be buried.

My family walks over to where my casket is. My mom begins her weeping while Emmy, Dad & Jack were fighting with their own tears.

I never expected that I'd be the first one to leave.

I've always pictured myself as the last one left of the family. The one who'll end up alone, just waiting for his life to end.

And now I see what I pictured only it isn't me but my family.

As they lowered my casket and began putting dirt on it, I looked away

I couldn't do this. The guilt was beginning to pour all over me. I can't stand seeing my family cry because of me, I just can't.

Which leads me into wondering...Is Sydney crying too?

I want to see her cry. I know I'm being selfish but the fact that my death caused her some emotions, even though it is sadness, makes me feel a lot more better. It gave me hope that I wasn't the only one feeling that way. But of course, I'd feel bad for 'causing her sadness too.

I search for her but there was no sign of the brown-haired girl.

Where'd she go?

The funeral ends. I look at Jack. I guess Sydney could wait later.

This is for her anyway.

I turn to Lucy,"So...I'll just clear my mind and he'll see me? That simple? ," I ask her.

She nods,"Yes. Now go and make me proud."

I smirk and head over to Jack, who was talking to a girl.

A girl who happens to be Sydney.

.

.

.

.

Jack's P.O.V.

As the funeral ends, I glance at her.

She stands behind two tall men at the back. Something tells me she's hiding from someone but who?

I walk to her. She looks up and catches my eyes. And I know now why my brother loved her.

She was absolutely breath taking.

The first time I saw her, I didn't realize how beautiful she was but that was from a distance.

Up close, I couldn't help but just admire her.

Her lips were red as a rose and her hair was tied up in a bun. She gives the slightest of a smile. I smile back. I walk closer and so does she.

I take out a hand for her to shake,"Jack Harries. Nice to meet you! You must be Sydney?"

Oh God. Why did I take a hand to shake? Emmy said girls hated hand shakes.

Please just let that be a theory. Please.

To my pleasure, she shooks my hand. Her hand is warm and soft and as soon as she removes it, my breath hitches.

Why am I longing for her touch?

Stop it Jack. Stop.

"Sydney Olivers," she tells me. "Nice to meet you too."

There's an awkward silence between us. I don't know what to say. I pictured this moment a few times and it always happened with me telling her, blaming her for my brother's death.

I couldn't do it now.

"So...what's your plan with the blog?," Sydney asks.

I consider her question for a moment and as I think of a reply, she apologizes.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that," she says. "I'm sorry for being nosy."

"Don't be," I tell her, grinning. "It's not being nosy. It's being curios of something. But I'm afraid my explanation's too long. Do you mind for a cup of tea?"

----------

Author's note:

Hello there awesome people of the universe! :)

I'm so sorry it took me MONTHS to update this. School's been an ass so I was forced to hold this story for a while. I'm sorry I didn't warn you guys :(

But hey I'm back so my updating will be by week now :) maybe even 2 updates each week :) :)

I'll make it up to you soon!

Get ready for the next chapter btw! :)

ily all mwa mwa

-Jane*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 2.6K 20
"We talked about making it I'm sorry that you never made it And it pains me just to hear you have to say it You knew the game and played it It kills...
3.8K 66 16
"we made a promise, remember?"
391K 23.9K 41
We were enemies by birth. We were in love by choice. [trigger warning for like three chapters]
3.6K 120 43
Guardians, Nightmares, and Death. Oh my! Don't fret about what the title may imply. There's no need to fear snow here: all's perfectly fine! Oh, and...