Ten: A Singing Ghost

listen to "Hey Jude by The Beatles while listening to this.

happy reading :)

----------

Chapter Ten

Finn's POV

"Bye," Sydneys says, smiling at Jack. "And thanks for the movie by the way."

Jack smiles back," You're welcome. Do me a favor to not mention anything to anyone about my "emotional time"."

Sydney chuckles," Okay. Well, see ya, Jackson."

"Don't call me that! ," Jack mockingly complains.

Sydney lightly laughs," Whatever. Bye...Jack."

Sydney waves goodbye and Jack watches as she walks away, just like how I did when we first met, before all hell broke loose, when I just let the most wonderful girl in the world slip away from me.

Jack closes the door when Sydney was already out of sight.

He brushes his hands through his hair then sighs.

"Oh Finn...if only you were here."

I bite my lip and place my hand on his shoulder, "I'm coming to the rescue."

Lucy laughs while Jack just stands there, unknown of our presence.

____________

"C'mon. Why nooot?," I whined.

"Stop being an annoying little kid and drop your stupid idea," Lucy says firmly.

"Lucy," I began. She looks at me, raising an eyebrow, waiting for my explanation. "Look, my brother needs me, desperately needs me. And if you just give a chance then maybe I could help him out."

"No. And that's final," Lucy tells me, crossing her arms round her chest. "This conversation is over."

"When I don't want to appear to someone, you complain. I want to appear to someone, you complain." I block her way as she tries to move past me.

She glares at me, "Correction: When you don't want to appear to Sydney, I complain. When you want to appear to Jack, then I'm really gonna complain."

"Why?," I ask her. "What's your deal with Jack?"

"This mission is suppose to be about Sydney."

"This is about Sydney. I know they love each other, I just know it. And what if Jack is the one that can save her?," I argue, slightly confident that Lucy will finally give up.

"Then why don't you just appear to Sydney? And, in case you didn't notice, I'm your guardian here."

Boy, was I wrong.

"I do notice. And as a guardian, you should be guiding me to the right way, which is appearing to Jack. And as a guy, I think Jack should make the first move."

Lucy sighs, "Really? Then why is it you didn't want to appear to Sydney because you think you might scare her away. Don't you think that'll happen to Jack, too."

"Nah, Jack can handle it," I tell her, grinning evilly.

__________

Jack's POV

I've never been so infatuated with a person before.

As I brushed my teeth, as I took a shower, my mind had only one person, which was Sydney.

How could one person that I believed was the reason why my brother died be the one I instantly fall in love with? How could hate change to love so fast?