Three: The Aftermath of the Carcrash

Chapter 3

Finn's POV

I open my eyes and see an unfamiliar place in front of me. And I have only two questions in my mind right now.

What is this place? And how did I get here?

Clouds surround me everywhere and I wonder if I'm still dreaming or am I having hallucinations.

"Finn Harries?"

I jump when I look at my side. A middle-aged man looks at me and winks. Creepy.

He takes out a hand for me to shake,"Peter. St. Peter."

I furrow my eyebrows. Why the freaking hell is St. Peter beside me.

Maybe I am dreaming.

"No, you are not dreaming," St. Peter tells me and my eyes widen. He just laughs.

I reluctantly shake his hand, "I assume you know my name, since you can read my mind, I figured..well."

"As a matter of fact I do, Finnegan," he says withdrawing his hand from mine

I glare at him, "Please don't call me that. I assume you know that I hate that name."

"Yes, I do know you hate that name and I can call you whatever I want,"he tells me. "Finnegan," he adds, making his point.

He's really trying to hit a nerve, eh? Normally, I would give someone who annoys me a piece of my mind but he's St. Peter, I have to be polite.

Who knows, he might drop me off to eternal damnation in any second.

"That's actually a pretty good idea," he says, reading my mind again. Damn it. "But I obey orders, I don't make them so awww."

I ignore his irritating statement and ask the question I've been dying to know the minute I opened my eyes,"Where am I?"

He just looks at me then clears her throat,"You don't remember anything?"

I shook my head. The last thing that I remember is saying goodbye to Sydney... Sydney. Sweet, beautiful, iridescent Sydney.

St. Peter's words immediately interrupts me from my thoughts.

"Carcrash? Two trucks hitting your car? You dying? None of that?," he asks.

Suddenly images of the truck hitting me flash through my mind. The carcrash. So if St. Peter is beside me then...

"I'M DEAD?!," I yell. No, no, this cannot be happening. I can't be dead. I had my whole life planned out. I can't be dead.

His eyes widen at my sudden raise of voice but then he frowns and stays quiet.

"I'm sorry, Sir, I mean St. Peter. But please tell me I'm not dead. This is all just a dream...and then I'm going to wake up. This is all in my head-

He shakes his head and bitterly laughs,"Finnegan, if this-I'm just all in your head then so is that Sydney girl."

"How do you know about Sydney?,"I ask too quickly.

He raises his hand,"Of course I know about Sydney. He with a capital H tells me everything about almost everyone. I guard the gates of Heaven...

I gulp when images of Sydney appear in my mind. I'm not even listening to St. Peter anymore. All I could think about was Sydney. The way she smiles, laughs. The way her touch sends this adrenaline feeling through my veins but...I won't be able to feel that anymore. I'm dead. Numb, like a cold rock.

Lifeless.

And then I imagine Jack finding out I'm dead. Emmy, Mum, Dad. I can't be dead. I need to be not dead. I have to be there for them. I need to be alive again. I don't want them to cry, to suffer over my death.