Wild Rogues (third in lone wo...

By conleyswifey

She's on the run... They have to have her... because with twins she'll have twice the protection, twice the s... More

Wild Rogues
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

41.8K 1.9K 118
By conleyswifey

Chapter Eighteen

                "What is your mommy's favorite dinner?" Julian asked Tanner as the two of them stood side by side in the empty kitchen and stared at the cabinets.

                "Sloppy Joes!" Tanner exclaimed with a bounce.  

                Julian frowned and looked down at the boy doubtfully, "Are you sure that's your mommy's favorite or is it Tanner's favorite?" he questioned, tweaking the boys tiny nose gently.

                Tanner laughed and ran away from him before leaping up into a stool, "My favorite!"

                Julian laughed as he leaned against the counter and crossed his arms over his chest, "What's your mommy's favorite then?"

                Tanner made a big show of shrugging, "I dunno."

                Shaking his head, Julian glanced out the window at the men finishing up their workday. There really wasn't much to do most days during the winter months and they'd all be leaving before four. Julian wanted to make tonight special for Abbey. He wanted to cook her favorite meal, focus on her happiness, show her that not only would Marcus and he protect her and satisfy her sexually but that they also genuinely cared about her happiness.

                He was sure that Marcus would grumble about Julian bothering him while he had alone time with Abbey but he wanted to know what her favorite meal was so Marcus would have to get over it.

                (Marcus?)

                Several long seconds passed before Marcus replied, (What do you want?)

                (I need you to ask Abbey a question for me.)

                (Needy, that's what you are,) Marcus laughed. Julian realized his brother and Abbey must be having a good time because the gruff, normally grumpy man seemed to be quite cheerful. (We're standing beside the truck waiting on Audrey to get out of school... what do you want me to ask?)

                (I need to know what Abbey's favorite meal for dinner is.)

                There was a pause and then Marcus was back, (She said she doesn't care what you make for dinner.)

                (That's not what I told you to ask.)

                (Hold the fuck on then you pain in the ass and I'll ask again!) There was the brother that Julian knew and loved. Julian rolled his eyes and waited on Marcus to speak again. (She said she doesn't know.)

                (Doesn't know? How can the woman not know?)

                (I don't know, genius. You're the smart brother, remember? And I'm not about to question her about it anymore because she's tearing up over here. You've made her cry.. or made me make her cry. Good job!)

                Guilt tore at Julian, (How did I do that?!)

                (I don't know but buy her a necklace,) Marcus chuckled quietly. (She loves necklaces.)

                Julian didn't take the time to try to figure out what his brother was talking about. Instead he closed the link and sighed, "Guess what, Tanner?"

                "What?" Tanner asked as he tried to balance an apple on his head.

                Julian snatched the apple with a smile and took a bite, "We're having sloppy joes."

***

                Abbey stared down at her plate full of sloppy joes and corn and fought back tears.

                "Dammit, Julian, leave her alone," Marcus growled slamming back his chair and yanking open the refrigerator door with much more force than was necessary.

                "I just asked her what her favorite meal was!" Julian exclaimed defensively.

                "And I done told you earlier that that questions makes her cry," Marcus grumbled, flopping back down in his chair. "I think your blood flow was limited in the birth canal, big brother."

                Abbey snorted with laughter despite her tears and smiled gratefully at Julian as he handed her a napkin to wipe her eyes with before taking her hand, "Abbey, what's wrong?"

                Abbey was grateful that the kids had already finished their meal and gone because she couldn't have spoken so openly if they'd been here. It wasn't in Abbey's nature to be open about her problems simply because she'd never before had anyone interested in listening to them. But she did now. She had two strong, able men who wanted to take care of her.

                "I don't know what my favorite meal is."

                "How is that?" Julian asked with a shake of his head.

                "Joseph never cared what I liked. It was what he wanted or it was nothing and most times with the lack of money laying around to spend on groceries, nothing was exactly what we ate. Since we've been here the children have had more real meals than I'd been able to give them in years."

                "Stupid bastard," Marcus growled. "I should have killed him slower."

                Abbey winced at the reminder of just what Marcus was capable of and laid her hands on the table, "For ten years Joseph ruled everything in my life."

                "Well he ain't ruling it anymore," Marcus stated before stuffing his mouth full of his fifth sloppy joe sandwich.

                Julian slid his seat closer to hers and smoothed a stray strand of hair from Abbey's face, "You have to have some idea what you like the most, Abbey."

                Abbey knew this was ridiculous. Her tears and so much drama over dinner but it wasn't just dinner that Abbey was thinking of. She was thinking of the fact that she had no idea who she was or what she liked in any area of her life.

                She couldn't tell them her favorite dinner, her favorite dessert, heck she couldn't even tell them how she liked her eggs the best. Abbey had no idea what she liked to do for fun other than spending time with her children—fun was something she hadn't been allowed to have in ten long years. She had no idea what her favorite past time would be, what kind of music she would like the best or what types of movies she preferred. She didn't know what sexual position was the most pleasurable for her or how she liked to be kissed. She knew nothing about who she was after spending so much time as nothing but a battered wife and a struggling mother......

                .....and she hadn't realized she'd said all that out loud until Marcus's growl filled the kitchen.

 He grabbed her by the hips, hoisted her onto his lap and pressed his lips to hers in a motion that was achingly tender, "Do you like that?" he whispered against her mouth, "Or this..." he deepened the kiss, nipping at her lips and tracing the line of her bottom lip with his tongue. "Or maybe this..." Marcus mouth became more demanding and Abbey's head reeled as she parted her lips and allowed him access. His tongue warred with her own, seeking dominance which Abbey was happy to give.

                She was putty in her mate's arms as he caressed her back, moving his hands down until he was cupping her ass in them and squeezing. Abbey felt wetness slick her panties as she ground herself into him, craving so much more contact than what their clothes would allow.

                They were both panting as Marcus pulled away, "That one," Abbey's voice was breathless with passion. "I like that one."

                "That's one mystery solved then," Marcus grunted before sliding her from his lap and placing her back in her chair.

                Abbey blushed as she glanced at Julian. She was certain he'd be angry or jealous at seeing her and Marcus in such an embrace but instead he looked pleased... and hungry for something other than what was on his plate.

                "Don't you worry, Abbey," Julian tenderly kissed her cheek. "He is gone and your life is your own now. Marcus and I will so what we can to help you."

                "I like that kiss too," Abbey whispered and Julian just smiled.

***

                Abbey went to her room alone that night, despite the grumbling from Marcus and the wanting gazes from Julian. She had things she wanted to think about tonight.

                Abbey knew the kids were sleeping soundly and she smiled as she remembered the way they had both needed Julian and Marcus to help tuck them in. Abbey knew that she was going to accept the brother's as mates but she wasn't going to tell them that tonight. Tonight she was going to focus on her.

                Sitting cross-legged on the bed, Abbey opened up the notebook she had gotten from Julian and pulled the pencil from behind her ear. She opened Julian's laptop and went to a website that even she knew had nearly every song imaginable.

                She settled down for a long music session determined to learn at least one thing about herself tonight.

***

                Julian walked into Abbey's room around two in the morning with Marcus on his heels. The brother's couldn't sleep. They'd even tried shifting and running to burn off some energy and convince sleep to come but it hadn't worked. They needed to be curled up to their mate in order to feel enough peace to let sleep come.

                Julian knew that Abbey had no real idea how much they needed her. It wasn't only sexual, they needed her mere presence around them. They needed her scent to be filling their nostrils and her body in reach of their arms at all times. They needed their ears to be full of her voice and her laughter.

                Marcus laughed quietly, "What in the world is she fuckin' doing?"

                "Sleeping," Julian shrugged.       

                The light was on, the laptop was open and there was a notebook and pen lying on the keyboard. Abbey, however, was no longer seeing any of that as she was sprawled on her side with her cheek smashed against her arm and drool dripping from her lip and onto the bed.

                "She's perfect," Julian whispered.

                "And ours," Marcus agreed.

                The brother's shared a look of contentment before walking toward the bed. Julian removed the laptop, shutting it and setting it on the bedside table. Marcus picked up the notebook and frowned as he read over it, flipping pages as his scanned them.

                "Marcus, you shouldn't do that," Julian scolded quietly. If she wants us to know what she wrote she'll tell us."

                "I think you'll want to see this," Marcus assured him. He flipped back to the first page and held the notebook out. Julian took it despite knowing he shouldn't.

                Scribbled down was three columns labeled 'Like', 'Okay', 'Don't Like'. Under them Abbey had listed tons of songs.

                "It would seem our mate is a country music fan," Marcus grinned.

                Julian flipped the page and found more lists. Foods she wanted to try, websites with clothes that she liked, flowers she thought were prettiest. Julian shook his head. How had she not known any of this before? It was as if Joseph had kept the poor woman in a box and not allowed her to experience anything in life.

                Julian tossed the notebook on top of the laptop, took the pencil from behind Abbey's ear and turned her on the bed, pulling back the covers. Marcus flipped off the bedroom light and the two men curled up into the bed on either side of Abbey, wrapping her up between their bodies as if she were in a cocoon.

                Julian breathed in the summer rain scent of her and buried his nose in the back of her neck, while Marcus pressed tender kisses to her brow. Abbey groaned in her sleep and snuggled into them but did not wake.

                Julian didn't care. His wolf was finally contended and it wasn't long before sleep was claiming him as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.3K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
8K 129 4
When 23 Year old, Alisha Watson saves a homeless man, she doesn't expect to start falling for the cold, mysterious man. But can she expect those feel...
931K 22.6K 41
While moonlighting as a stripper, Emery Jones' mundane life takes a twisted and seductive turn when she finds herself relentlessly pursued by reclusi...
3.2M 133K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...