A Friend's Protection | A FNa...

By FantasyStarFox

~inspired by the song "Break My Mind" by DAGames~ "When one life, meets another life, something will be born"... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 The Beginning Of Good And Bad
Chapter 2 Encounter of Three Small Freddys
Chapter 3 Saved By The Chime
Chapter 4 The Bear Named Goldmare
Chapter 5 Traitor
Goldmare's Theme
Chapter 6 An Act Of Kindness Can Sometimes Hurt
A/N
Chapter 7 Death Is Not The Answer
A/N Foxeh Plush
Chapter 8 Tiny Troublesome Traps
Sketch of Goldmare and Plushtrap
Chapter 9 A Chat With The Trap
My First Year Anniversary On Wattpad
What Do We Have Here?
I Got Tagged
Chapter 10 Nightmares Inside Nightmares
Chapter 11 Fredbear Joins The Game
Chapter 12 Dark Side of Goldmare
Sorry To Say...
Thank You!
Happy Table
Important Discovery
Chapter 13 Get Ready For Nightmare
Introducing...Me
Chapter 14 No Remorse part 1
Chapter 14 No Remorse part 2
400 Followers!
Chapter 14 Part 3 preview
Chapter 14 No Remorse part 3
A Person I Know
Leaving...
Chapter 15 Finally, No More Nightmares...Right?
Chapter 17 The End: Live and Learn
One Last Author's Note

Chapter 16 We Fall and Die

420 12 9
By FantasyStarFox

Goldmare's P.O.V

Two days had passed, and there was still no sign of Fredbear, or Nightmare, or any of those repulsive, despicable monsters. But what Jack, Plushtrap, nor I ever known was there was still a nightmare lingering in the household. One without claws, or fangs, or menacing eyes that pierce into the ones of innocent people. No. That nightmare wasn't anywhere close to resembling one of them. But what he was and what he did, I will never forget it. He better not either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack and I sat criss-cross on the end of his bed, facing his small television. A purple figure came on screen and cracked a joke, causing the tall white figure to groan in disgust. I surely wasn't making any sense of it, but when I looked over and saw Jack with a gleam in his eye and huge grin on his face, I couldn't help but watch it with him. That still didn't stop me from being confused.

"So, tell me again what this show is about." I turned to Jack and gestured to the images on the screen.

He let out an irritated sigh. That may be because I asked him this question about four times already. "It's called Steven Universe. It's a show about these gem things from space. They have to protect Earth and Steven."

I let out a fake, understanding 'oh' noise when I still really didn't understand it. "You mean to tell me that these fantasy-like creatures just showed up one day into this boy's life and they vowed to protect him? That's not logical in any way!"

"Oh please," we turned our heads to the left. Plushtrap was standing on the floor, a blue stuffed bunny in front of him and a pink one with a yellow ribbon on its ear behind him. He was punching the blue stuffed bunny in the face and performing dodge movements
like it was actually punching back. "I wouldn't start talking about that not being logical, Goldmare. That's exactly what you did." He hit the blue stuffed bunny in the muzzle and watched it fall back on the floor with a look of pure pride.

"Yeah, Goldmare, you showed yourself to me one day and promised to protect me. You're just like a crystal gem!"
Jack put a finger on his chin and looked up at the ceiling, "but which one is mostly like you?"

"Probably Pearl. Goldmare is pretty snobby and controlling. She always thinks she's right, too." Plushtrap called out while pretending to make out with the purple stuffed bunny. Jack started laughing.

I glared at him and clenched my fists, "why don't you shut your mouth before I come over there and rip the head off your precious girlfriend?"

Plushtrap jumped up and wrapped his small single digit width arms around the pink bunny in protection. I snickered amused. "Hey, Goldmare?" Jack asked quietly, catching me off guard. I turned to him. "Yes?"

"Are you coming with me to my party at Fredbear's?" He gazed up at me with emerald, pleading eyes that begged me for my acquaintance.

I felt my bear ears droop down. "Sorry, darling. I can't really show myself to society. Chaos could break loose if people saw me."

"Oh..." Jack looked down. The so called Steven Universe show's episode ended so there was nothing to distract Jack's disappointment with. I thought for a moment, then smiled. "But you know what?" —Jack lifted up his head and raised an eyebrow— "you don't need me to go with you. Those nightmares won't harm you ever again, so you don't have to be afraid anymore. You'll do just fine independently. Besides, your uncle will be there, along with other pedestrians. You have absolutely nothing to fear."

"Well, if you say so." Jack said as he stared out the window. A car pulled into the driveway. The driver side door swung open and out came a man. He was a bit bulky and his hair was turning a grey color. He had on a dark suit and a deep red tie. Carrying a brown suitcase, he whistled and swung his keys on his fingers and walked towards the front door. I knew who it was, but of course I couldn't show any sign that I did. Jack doesn't know the truth about me. And he never will. Or at least, that's what I thought.

"It's Uncle Tom!" Jack beamed and jumped out of bed. I chuckled at his enthusiasm. "Easy now, Tiger. Those wounds of yours are almost done healing, you don't want to keep disturbing the heal process. Now go on and see our-y-your uncle." I quickly corrected myself.

Jack didn't notice, unless, he was really good at hiding that he did notice. The boy ran out of the bedroom. You could hear the excited conversation between the two. I smiled to myself, memories of me being with Uncle Tom playing in my mind.

*************

"Japan, huh? So that's where you're off to next?" I asked, being 11 around the time. Uncle Tom, who was much younger looking back then, and I looked over the map of the world. He smiled and nodded. "Japan to set up a business over there," he stated proudly like I was some manager of the head company, "I'm planning on visiting most of Asia afterward, though."

"I want to come! Mom and Dad always traveled! That's what I want to do, too."

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "One of these days you will go from airplane to airplane, and from country to country, but you have your own responsibility now. You're going to be a big sister. You have to show your little brother a good demeanor. You had to protect him from any harm, much like I did. Chloe, I want you to remember something."

"What is it?" I asked, looking up at home with dark brown eyes of a childhood innocence.

"I want you to tell your brothers this one day: you live and learn."

"Live and learn? What does that have to do with wanting to travel and being there for my little brother?"

"Well that's something you'll have to find out on your own. Trust me, you'll figure out the meaning to it someday."

***********

"...go with him to Fredbear's." I snapped out of my flashback as Plushtrap's voice came in. I let out a him and looked down. Plushtrap stood on the floor and looked up at me. "What do you think?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, Plushtrap, I wasn't paying attention. Repeat that."

"I said, do you think one of us should go with Jack? Maybe it'll give off some tension the kid has."

"If you really think that's a good idea then you go with him. I already told you that I'm not capable of doing such things. Who knows what'll happen if I'm seen walking around in public. A girl with bear ears, a purple eye, an empty eye socket, and fangs isn't something you see everyday."

"Yeah, yeah I get it."

Jack rushed into the room. "I'm getting ready to leave for my party, Goldmare. When I get back we can finishing the rest of the first season of Steven Universe!"

I chuckled. "Well you won't be alone. Plushtrap will be going with you. You'll have a great time now that you aren't afraid of the Nightmares. You'll do just fine."

Jack picked up Plushtrap and placed him on his shoulder. He grinned and gave a quick nod. He began heading out the doorway, then stopped in his tracks. Jack turned around and pulled me into a hug. "I love you, Goldmare." His voice muffled in my lavender blazer. I felt tears well up in my eyes. Goldmare. Not Chloe. But Goldmare.
I hugged him back and told him I loved him too. There was a part of me that didn't want to let him go. But he pushed himself away and ran out the door. I watched him get into Uncle Tom's car from the window and smiled, but it turned into a scowl when I saw a red car pull up, and Kevin hopped inside it.

Who knew that car was filled with unintentional murderers?

************

I lied back on the bed, pondering about things to extinguish my boredom. It has been roughly an hour since Jack left to go to Fredbear's, and it was already getting tiring of sitting in silence. I know I say I don't like him, but I almost with that Plushtrap was here to keep me company. Almost.
I sighed. During it, I heard the cream of a door. I jolted upward, my eye feeling like it was going black. I stared at the closet door to see Foxy's head peeking out of it. His amber eyes met mine.

"Aye, lassie." He said urgently.

"I swear if you don't retreat to that closet and turn back into a stuffed animal you will be smashed into a thousand pieces!" I barked harshly.

"N-no! Listen t' me, lassie. There be somethin' I gotta tell ye."

"You can just save it you mutt. How dare you try speaking to me after the pain you caused Jack. How do you even live knowing that you strike fear into a little boy's heart? Does that fact being your circuits and servos sparks of joy? I pity you Nightmares. I really do if that's the way you think you should spend your afterlife."

"Shut yer damn trap fer a minute and listen t' me! Jack is goin' t' be in some serious danger."

"Danger? He's out of arms reach from the likes of you goons. How could he be in any danger?"

"Just because the lad isn't in our reach, he's still in Fredbear's. I overheard the conversation in the nightmare realm. Freddy and Fredbear were discussin' an attack."

"An attack? Oh please, there are like a million people in that restaurant. He can't just show up and start clawing the hell out of Jack."

"He don't need to. He doesn't need t' active in order t' harm Jack. I have a feelin' he's got a plan. A plan t' get rid o' Jack fer good."

"Indeed he does." A deep voice cut in from behind. I turned around. In all his menacing glory was Nightmare. "Just wait until it all unfolds."

Plushtrap's P.O.V

It was surprising how no one even hardly noticed me talking to Jack. His uncle was outside talking on his cellular device, and his brother and his brother's four friends were at a table on the opposite side of the building. They paid no attention to us like the other snot nosed brats running around the place. They were too busy being maniacs to be bothered with a plush toy talking to a human being.

"You're doin' a great job here kid," I told him and leaned against a soda cup, "you're holding up just fine it seems. Goldmare was right when she said you'd finally be ready to face your fear."

Jack folded his arms on the table and placed his chin on them so we were at eye to eye level. "I've had to face my fear multiple times this week. Hopefully now we three can live in peace forever and ever with no more nightmares."

"You got that right. Goldmare and I will be around for ya. Even when your 21 and take that first sip of that juice for adult drinking stuff."

Jack giggled and looked in the direction of the table his brother was sitting at. Him and his four friends walked over with huge smirks on their faces. They all had on some black hoodie with a type of logo on it. I froze up and tried not to move my eyes, only focusing on Jack. When he got over, I heard a loud slam, which was probably someone's fist hitting the table.

"Hey, squirt. Not crying and hiding under the table this time I see." Kevin remarked harshly, causing his gang to snicker. I could see Jack trembling slightly. I wanted to snap at them, but I couldn't move, I couldn't show I was alive.

"I-I'm not scared of this place anymore," Jack paused and gulped, "they're nothing but animatronics. Dumb metal robots. They've got nothing against me."

"Oh really?" Kevin sneered. "Let's see about that."

I watched as Kevin and one of his friends lifted up Jack. He started thrashing lightly telling them to let him go repeatedly. If I had a heart, it would have been racing. They carried him somewhere, it gave me a chance to stand up and look where they were. Jack was struggling to break free out of the teens' grip. He tried kicking his legs but they wouldn't let him go. I quickly hopped off the table and ran toward them, dodging feet and crawling under tables.

I tripped over a plastic party. Using my arms to heave myself up, I got a chance to gaze upon Kevin and his friends lifting Jack up right near Fredbear's, the animatronic version on stage, mouth. He started screaming for them to stop and go put him down.

"Let me go, Kevin! This isn't funny! Put me down! Please put me down! G-Goldmare! Plushtrap!"

The teenagers still ignored him. "Hear that guys he want to go higher." The lifted Jack up closer near Fredbear's mouth that was repeatedly moving up and down from when he talked. I tried getting back up to run, but the party hat I tripped over ripped my leg open. Some cotton fell out and I couldn't run. I had no way of helping him. Until she showed up.

I turned as the front door whipped open. It was Goldmare. She was wearing a purple hoodie and put up the good so her bear ears wouldn't show. I followed her eyes to the stage. Her jaw dropped and she sprinted over to Jack, swooping down to pick me up in the process. We were nearly there....and then it happened.

They put Jack up so close that his head was in Fredbear's mouth. You could hear his cries and screaming echoing throughout the metal. Then, what happened next was the worst thing I ever had to experience. With a loud crunch, Fredbear's metal jaws bite on to Jack's skull. Blood poured out from his head and on to the floor, getting all over the teenagers too. Kevin and his friends froze and gasped in shock. One of them ditched them, hitting Goldmare's shoulder as he passed by frantically.

Jack's screaming and crying stopped, and the screaming from the people inside the restaurant started. I could only stare in horror as Jack's body dangled from Fredbear's mouth, until Fredbear opened it again. Kevin caught Jack and stared at him in horror. One of his friends tried touching Jack, but Kevin flinched away. "Get away from him!" He snapped.

Goldmare force her way through the crowd to Kevin. She grabbed Jack from him, leaving Kevin stunned. Her hood fell down, revealing her bear ears. She cradled Jack, and I watched him from her shoulder. Blood was still pouring out from his head and he wasn't responding when she called out his name. Tears streamed down Goldmare's. She dropped to her knees and hugged him.

"I failed to protect you..." She whimpered and sobbed as she held on to the dead corpse, blood getting all over her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219 21 9
FNaF AU The town of Hurricane, located in the US, was always peaceful. Friendly neighbours, blossoming nature, nothing could go wrong. This town had...
3.5K 150 12
Welcome to Fredbear's Family Diner, a place for the whole family to have fun! At least, that's what Spring Bonnie and Fredbear had been programmed to...
5.2K 202 36
...She spun around, but there was nothing- Just the broken and empty pizzeria. Dread smothered her, and all she wanted to do was to run, so she turne...
552 7 13
This is a collab with my good irl friend, Cypris!! We made this together! * Evan's life consists of crying, hiding, and hugging his best friend F...