Hidden Seekers *On Hold*

By simmcha1

I'm not going to lie, getting dreams like these aren't normal. Who else goes to bed every night and watches m... More

1)The red head comedian
2)Suspicion
3)Prank me
4)Danger
5)To dream
6)cafeteria rumble
7)The March
9)Mistaken
10)Recalling memories
11) Revealed
12)The Dance
14)A Winter Wonderland
15)Hypnotism
16)How Friends Should Be
17)The Willow Tree
18)Serenaded
19)First impressions
20)Why?
21)His eyes
22)The Only One
23)Falling
24) Figure this

8)Disguise

861 15 4
By simmcha1

The song for this chapter is "We are young" by Fun.

.......................................

I sat up groaning, the sunlight from the open window shining right into my eyes. I don't know why Chloe makes it her life mission to wake me up in the mornings. Would be that bad if I slept in and missed school? Hey, maybe then I'd learn my lesson and wake up on time. Actually, I'd be lying to myself if I said that I'd ever learn my lesson from sleeping in. It's just so awesome; sleep deprivation is just to sad nowadays. Every morning Chloe wakes me up in a new way. Yesterday she poured a bucket of ice water all over me! At least she was nice enough to take off the blanket first. I had to run to catch up with her screaming self so I could tackle her and get her soaked in ice water to. The day before that, she blasted the song " Meant to live" by Switchfoot in my ear.

She learned her lesson when she tried to tickle me, lets just say that she had to wear sunglasses the whole day to cover her plump black eye. I swear I didn't mean to, she just surprised me! Anyways, now I'm left sitting in my bed with the blanket over my head, cowering from the sunlight.

When I first woke up, the first thing I did was screech " Ah, the sun!!" Chloe had run into my room scowling from me interrupting her breakfast.

"What are you, a vampire?" Chloe sat down at the foot of my bed lightly nudging me to get out, and in her words " face the world." I think the world can hold off just for a little longer.

"Duh, how else do you explain my sickly pale skin. Gosh, Chloe, dense much? " I yanked the blanket back over my head and collapsed back into bed.

"Ary, not to burst your bubble, but you have tan skin." Chloe spoke up from wherever she was in the room. I couldn't tell where because my face was literally in the pillow. I pulled the blanket down for asecond to give her "a look" and say,

"That's beside the point." I then fell back in to my land of slumber.

"Ary, we have to get to school in fifteen minutes....make that fourteen." Chloe grumbled tiredly.

I sighed and hopped out of my comfy bed, lightly wobbling, from my legs still being asleep. I skipped a shower because I had the night before and instead, ran to the breakfast table and stole Chloe's remaining waffle. I yelped when I saw her making a beeline for me angrily. Quickly, I sped to my room and slammed the door.

"Aria, that is not fair! Get back here you witch!" Chloe Shrieked and pounded her fist against the door."

Laughing, I walked to my closet and found a pair of high waisted white jean shorts that stopped mid thigh and knee length socks that had different shades of purple stripes. I slipped on my Edd Hardy laceless sneakers and a long sleeve white shirt with a giant smiley face on the front. I put on my grey beanie that had a black flower sketched on the side. Then, I saw it, my favorite bracelet; a charm bracelet my best friend, Cameron gave me before I left. I snapped it on and walked out my bedroom door. Slinging my back-back over my shoulder, I made my way to my next class. A plan for later forming in my head...

 I had to help out the senior class with their play today. I haven't acted since I was in eighth grade. I used to be in plays every year, for years. But I stopped because even though I loved it, I had to focus on my piano, no matter how much it hurt me. I went to a very demanding school back in my home town and homework was keeping me up late. When I was in plays, all of my grades slipped. I would be at rehearsals for a few hours everyday. And piano took up the rest of my time afterward, so when I finally got home to do my homework, I would be up to like two in the morning trying to finish everything. Then I'd have to wake up at six and start all over again. From lack of sleep, I would constantly fall asleep in class and I had no time for my friends. My parents finally made me pick; piano or theatre. I love the theatre and it would always be a home to me. But music was the future I wanted to take. And that's how I got my scholarship here in the first place so I think that I made the right decision.

But, I'm not sure if I'm still good at acting, so I want to see if I can fool a class fool of pros. Imagine how cool it would be if I could succeed!

During Geography, I had to keep myself from lunging at the door. I was practically shaking from excitement. I Tapped on my desk in anticipation, the time just seemed to go by so slowly. I had idea after idea forming in my head, keeping me from focusing throughout class.

"Are you alright, your acting a little weirder than usual." Alexis leaned in, softly brushing against me. I felt his cool breath fan across my exposed neck, sending goosebumps down my spine as he leaned in.

I looked back to my work. "Yah. Fine. Just exited.." I mumbled, blushing. I didn't realize that I was that noticeably exited. He probably thinks that I'm crazy. But why do I care so much? It's not like he's my friend or anything, he's just some person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I put on my best poker face and took a deep breath. Swarms of butter flies were flying around my stomach, forming clusters and knots that I couldn'y shake off. Gently, I opened the door to the senior class drama room, revealing a chaotic mess. Kids were yelling back in fourth across the room and white paper planes were flying around. I saw blue chairs knocked over and red coca cola cans lying on the ground.

A shrill whistle shrieked from behind me spontaniously. I turned around to face an African American woman with her hands in the air. She has orange dyed hair in an afro, and a silver tiara in her hair. Her purple shirt had series of aqua and black buttons. She had on a long black skirt and black high heeled boots. Everyone in the class froze and hurriedly picked up everything. They sat down in their seats and innocently looked up toward the teacher.

"We have a guest, class. This young lady will be helping our class with our production. I will give you a few moments to get to know her." She waved her hand toward me then shook my hand and clapped me on the back.

"And I'm Miss Roxanne. Have fun. I'll start rehearsal in ten minutes." Miss Roxanne smiled kindly and walked off to her desk and left me with a herd of seniors.

One extremely tall brunette stood up and shook my hand. Her deep blue tanktop sat beneath a gray shrug, skinny jeans covered her long legs.

"Hi! My name is Lilly. What's yours?" She greeted me happily.

I quickly remembered the name I came up with, "Hey, my names Piper. Piper Hastings." I smoothly lied, smiling broadly. My eyed landed on an empty desk in the very center of the room, the other desks crowded sloppily around it, but that desk remained pefectly straight. It had no gum stuck to the top, and no stains faded on the front. Calmly, I made my way to the the desk, ignoring the questioning glances that I recieved. I sat down, plopping my feat up on to the top part of the desk.

I heard a small gasp behind me when my foot touched the desk, some specks of dirt fell off my shoes, smudging into the nearly spotless desk.

Lily aproached me again and stood akwardly beside me, her arms stiffly crossed.

"So how old are you, Piper?" Lilly sweetly asked.

"I'm sixteen." I shortly responded.

"Oh, so is this your first year here?" Lily seemed to try to continue our dying conversation, something that I found nice of her.

"Yah, in fact, I enrolled just yesterday." I let my shoulders drop and swept some hair that was falling in my eyes, away from my face.

"Where are you from then? I don't think I've seen you around town."

"I moved here from New York City." Sighing, I took out my sketch book and began to sketch. I felt stares making holes in my back. That prickly feeling of being the center of attention began. I tried to ignore it, so I just kept my head down and put my earphones in and turned on the song " Pardon Me" By He is We. I heard the door creak open but forced myself not to look up to see who was there. It turned out that I wouldn't have to because someone yanked my earphone out of my ear. I turned around glaring at who ever stood there.

"Do you mind?" I scoffed, pushing my hair out of my face, again. I looked up to see a tall senior boy with sun kissed skin and golden curly hair. His teal eyes scowling at me in two slits.

"Yah, I do mind, your in my seat!" He sneered at me rudly.

"So go find another seat!" I insisted while attempting to inch further into his seat to annoy him.

"No, I have had that seat for three years since I started at this school. That is my seat, I'm not gonna' stop sitting there because of a stupid freak!" He yelled.

I met his eyes and snarled,

"Excuse me, but who the hell do you think you are calling me a freak? You don't even know me! Don't you dare just barge in here and call me a freak, and did you really think telling me your life story would make me move? Well think again!" I slammed my fist on the table, took my earphone back and went back to drawing. I just tuned him, figuring that nothing will get through his thick head, and it worked. That is, until he pulled my earphone out, again.

"Who the hell are you?" He stood there aggravated.

"Daniella." I replied back before I could even think and instantly regretted it. I really should have said Piper...

"I thought you said your name was Piper?" Someone yelled out. I shrugged calmly, while on the inside I was trying to think of an excuse.

"I did say my name was Piper." I nodded and went back to my sketch.

"But you just said your name is Daniella." The guy in front of me said.

"Yes, yes I did." I nodded again and tried to go back to my drawing, but everyone was making it hard.

"Well, which is it?" Some girl that I don't know asked from behind me.

"Which is what?" I asked, amused from everyone's reactions.

"Which is your name?" The guy in front of me shouted. .

I nodded understandingly, " Neither," I answered cooley, trying to hold back from laughing. Slowly, I took out my earphones for the last time ans stood up. "My name isn't Piper, nor Daniella," I answered honestly.

"I lied about my names. I just wanted to see if I could make you guys believe me. Sorry for lying. I just wanted to see if I could still be able to act. Honestly, don't hate me or take it personally, it was just to see if I could still act. My real name is Aria. I'm a sophomore. I'm Skye's younger sister." I stood up and explained, a tight knot at the pit of my stomach. Everyone gasped in shock, but they didn't look mad. One girl muttered under her breath,

"That's the exact same thing Carter did when he joined the drama class. Just for different reasons."

I guess that explains why they weren't mad, just surprised. I sort of want to see who this Carter guy is now. Miss Roxanne seemed to get over it first and clapped her hands.

"Well, since you like to act so much and obviously have the same ideas, why don't you and Carter act out scene sixteen from the script for the play ' Hazardous love'." I turned around to see the guy from before walking to the script box.

"So your Carter. Hmm" I noted and ran to the box. When I first opened the script and flipped to the scene that we were going to act out, I scanned it thoroughly. I almost choked when reading the lines and raised my hand in the air for Miss Roxanne to see.

"Umm, this is a kissing scene." I stuttered, not really understanding whether she expected us to kiss or not.

"Yes it is, your not a child anymore. Highschool plays have kissing scenes." Miss Roxanne called out from her desk,

"Now go. I want to see your acting abilities."

I numbly walked to the center of the stage. I haven't really kissed anyone since well, I wont focus on that right now. Carter smirked,

" Got a problem with kissing?" He teased.

I shook my head " no" and shuffled to the center of the stage. Mentally preparing myself for a huge shock to my system soon.

FAN!!!!

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 488 25
I look at him with bewilderment. Emotion floods through me as he looks at me with boredom lacing his eyes. His entire body is calm as he leans agains...
1.4K 159 27
My hand slaps against my mouth as I try to shut myself up. Don't make too much noise...or he'll hear you. A vehicle's door opens then slams shut...
157K 4K 47
you are once a normal girl who loves to play with your friends and you always enjoyed them until your friends decided to back stabbed you and your on...
2.1K 493 19
ONC 2024: In college, it was a case of wrong place/wrong time. Eight years later, they have a second chance. But will they take the leap? ___ Prompt...