In Love With My Best Friend |...

بواسطة HeyyToTheNahh

Lauren Jauregui became friends with five weird yet amazing girls. Camila, her best friend, keeps on giving he... المزيد

Chapter 1: New Faces
Chapter 2: It's Normal, It's Not
Chapter 3: Hangouts
Chapter 4: Tell Me
Chapter 5: Via Text?
Chapter 6: Now
Chapter 7: It Isn't That Easy
Chapter 8: So Close Yet so Far
Chapter 9: The New Girl
Chapter 10: Not as crazy as it was with her
Chapter 11: Trust is Everything
Chapter 12: Do You Even Realize You're Too Late?
Chapter 13: Be Careful
Chapter 14: A Certain Look That Gave Everything Away
Chapter 15: Everything Happens For A Reason
Chapter 16: Almost Losing You Is Enough
Chapter 17: Car Rides Are My Favorite
Chapter 18: The Plan
Chapter 19: Lying Under The Stars
Chapter 20: Ocean Green
Chapter 21: The Reality Of The Myth
Epilogue
Sequel now up!

Chapter 22: Our Story Never Ends

7.5K 171 125
بواسطة HeyyToTheNahh

"I can't believe we just graduated..."

Camila and the girls were huddled around a circle. Their school graduation program has just ended and students were saying their goodbyes to everyone. The girls' parents were around here somewhere, chatting among themselves. Graduation caps were all over the floor, previously tossed at the end of the program.

"Ally!" Dinah shouted as soon as she saw the short girl emerge from a crowd of students. She stopped in front of them huffing, "I'm sorry I couldn't make it," she apologized. She really did try her best to come in time but her mentor wouldn't let her go because they were busy at the school. Normani rubbed the shorter girl's back, "Don't worry Ally. What's important is that you're here now." Lauren joined in, "It's better late than never." Camila clapped her hands like a little child, "Group hug!" Everyone laughed and crushed each other in a tight hug.

"So what are your plans for college?" Ally asked, being in the mindset of planning ahead. And college. Lauren was the first to answer. "I'm gonna take up fine arts." Her face lit up when she mentioned her course. Everyone knows Lauren's passion for art and photography. Camila piped up next, "I actually wanna take up psychology. I've always been interested on how the human brain works. I wanna know the activity on the brain when the person is happy, sad, angry, confused.." She looked over to her girlfriend, "in love." She leaned over to kiss Lauren on the cheek which elicited a dark blush on either side of her face. She pulled back and she had a wide smile on her face. "I want to finally know how Lauren still blushes like an idiot when I kiss her on the cheek even though I've done it a million times already." Camila has a smirk on her face, the other girls awwwwwed at her adorableness while Lauren had a playful glare sent to Camila. "I hate you." Lauren crossed her arms over her chest. Camila laughed and apologized. She went over to Lauren and engaged her signature koala hug. "I'm sorry, I was just kidding!" Lauren pouted, which Camila found utterly adorable. She leaned over to kiss her on the cheek but instead of her lips  meeting Lauren's cheek, it met soft warm plump lips. Lauren laughed when she saw Camila's face. Camila playfully slapped her on the arm. "Lauren!" Camila was still hanging on to Lauren. "I'm sorry babe, I can't help it." She pecked Camila on the lips, "Better?" Camila's pout was replaced by a smile. She nuzzled her face to Lauren's neck, still hanging on. Lauren was effortlessly carrying her, probably because she's been doing it for a year now. "What about you, Mani?" Lauren asked as she soothed Camila's hair.

"Actually, Dinah and I are gonna pursue performing arts together." Lauren kinked a brow. Normani blushed and quickly ducks her head down, but Lauren already saw the tint on the girl's cheek. Dinah, on the other hand, was oblivious. Lauren didn't want to push Normani at the moment because you know what? She wants this day to be serene. Lauren went on another topic, but not too far fetched.

"Camz and I are gonna be renting a flat instead of staying at the school's dorm." She started. "Her parents were actually the ones who suggested it because they want to make sure that I'm always with Camila, and they don't like the dorms. They actually picked the flat themselves." Lauren filled in some information. She ruffled Camila's hair and kissed the crown of her head. Camila giggled.

Ally's face lit up and she made the most adorable sound ever. "Awwww Laur that's so sweet!" Lauren nodded and repositioned Camila slightly, feeling the girl slip a bit from her grip. Dinah had a big smile on her face. "I think Mila's parents are hardcore Camren shippers." she thought out loud. Lauren raised a brow at Dinah, Ally did too as well. Dinah shrugged. "They're obviously trying to keep you two together. I'm gonna have to appoint them as my co-captains for the ship."

Dinah saw two guys emerge from a crowd of students. Dalton and Charles were all smiles. They dashed towards the group of girls. "Hey guys!" They greeted simultaneously. Dalton saw the situation Lauren was in. "I could take that koala back to the forest, you know?" He proposed. Lauren just laughed and kissed the crown of Camila's head. "I would love to send this koala back but she's my koala now, and nothing separates the koala from its tree." Dalton raised his hands up in defeat. "If you wanna get stuck with that baboon, that's fine with me." Camila repositioned herself in Lauren's arms so that he could see the boy. She playfully glared at him. "First I was a koala, now you call me a baboon.. You should get your eyes checked. I'm a perfectly situated koala right now, not a baboon attempting to bear hug a tree." Camila defended herself and went back to her previous position.

Lauren just shook her head in amusement. Camila planted soft kisses on the green eyed girl's neck then to her jawline. Their parents were coming so she placed the koala back down to the ground, eliciting a groan from the said koala. Mike, Lauren's dad, was the first to greet them. "So how does it feel to graduate?" he said in a cheery voice.

"It's like my long dead body has finally reincarnated itself knowing that I finally graduated and passed a hellish place called high school. I'm happy but also terrified of new things in college. It's like stepping into a new battlefield.." Dinah answered. Mike laughed because he actually knows the pain these girls and guys in front of him are going through and are gonna go through. "I feel you."

Alejandro was approaching them with a wide proud smile on his face. "Congratulations everyone!" the girls and guys said their sincere thank yous. "We're gonna have a party at our place to celebrate your graduation! Now let's go, we don't wanna keep the Mikeinator here waiting." Alejandro patted Mike's back, both letting out a roaring laugh.

~~~~~~~

"I want everyone's attention, please." Alejandro said as he stood up, a glass of wine in one hand and a spoon on the other.

"Today marks the day of our children's graduation. We know they've been through a lot and they've stuck by each other through thick and thin. They have undoubtedly supported each other and helped each other in times of need. They passed high school's heavy trials and tribulations. They've been through so much. So, as a gift to them, we shall all toast to good health, life, success, and let's not forget," Alejandro faced Camila and Lauren, tilting his glass up a bit. "To love." A proud smile was grazing his face. Charles stood up and held his glass up. "To all those things Mr. Cabello stated!" Everyone in the room laughed. Eventually everyone joined them, and ultimately said: "To love!"

Multiple sounds of glass clashing lightly with each other could be heard throughout the big room. Lauren and Camila excused themselves from the others. Camila dragged Lauren to her room and out into the balcony, giving them a great view of the bright night sky. They leaned over the railing and were lost in their own individual thoughts. Lauren was the first to break the silence.

"You remember the day where I asked you to be my girlfriend?"

Camila tilted her head to the side and faced Lauren. "Of course, it was the best day of my life." Camila searched for Lauren's hand and squeezed it gently. The taller girl smiled and looked up at the night sky. "I actually wasn't finished."

Camila felt herself smile. She looked up as well and just let herself be lost by the stars. She hummed, signaling Lauren to continue.

"Even though the stars are pretty awesome to talk about, I've always wanted to tell you the tale of the sun and the moon."

"The sun and the moon were very different bodies, but at the same time, they were one. The moon was in love with the sun so she kept chasing him. But fate being the way it is, kept them from meeting each other; knowing each other. A long time passed until the moon was able to reach the sun. The people below them watched in awe as they kissed, filling the earth with darkness but along with it came the feeling of love. It was blissful to the both of them. After the kiss, the eclipse, the once lonely moon now felt like she has a purpose. And so she accompanied the stars during the night, filling the dark sky with a bit of light; a bit of hope. Little did everyone know this bit of light that beautifully emanated from the moon was that of the sun, watching and guiding the moon all this time. He gave the moon her meaning, her purpose."

Lauren cupped Camila's hand. "You are the sun to my moon, Camz." Camila felt herself get lost in Lauren's green pools.

"I was lost and without purpose for a while and when I met you, you suddenly gave me meaning. I kept chasing you, no matter what happened I still kept chasing you because I knew you were worth it. A lot of time has passed, the stupid game of fate didn't stop me. So when we finally had middle ground to step in, we clicked. We met in the middle and saw everyone the beauty of our relationship."

"You completed me, Camz. I couldn't be myself if I didn't meet you. You gave me a purpose to live and love. You gave my once hollow interior a thick meaning. You helped me become me, Camz. You don't credit yourself enough for that. And I wanna thank you, for everything."

Camila held Lauren's gaze. She felt a tear escape her eye. One dropped. Two. Three.. Five. Tears were now flowing freely out of her tear ducts. Lauren cupped her cheeks and wiped off the tears with her thumb. "Don't cry Camz." She leaned their foreheads together. She lets out a sigh of relief when Camila's cries calmed down. She looked lovingly at the big brown eyes in front of her, giving her that special look she only gave to her.

"The story of the sun and moon ends there Camz, but our story never ends.."

Lauren kissed Camila's nose, the shorter girl scrunching it in response. Camila looked at her with glossy eyes. "Promise me you'll be with me throughout our story?" Camila held out her pinky finger in a pinky promise. Lauren laughed and linked her pinky with Camila's.

"Promise."

"We'll overcome everything, thick or thin?"

"Promise."

They both set their hands down and went back to admiring the sky. They say in comfortable silence. Lauren was the first to speak up.

"You know Camz. Our story will be and is still going to be the best story ever, the one that would live through centuries."

"Promise?" Camila held her pinky back up again. Lauren linked it with hers and kissed it.

"Promise."

A/N:

Heyooo this is the last chapter for this book! I'm so glad how this book turned out and maybe I'll make a sequel???

If there are some grammatical errors please ignore it.. It's 2am :) in the morning :)

If this book gets positive feedback while I plan the sequel, I'll post the sequel here. Let's just see how far this book can go.

Tune in for the epilogue tomorrow or maybe the next day.. or maybe the next.. who knows ;)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...
223K 5K 44
their world was built on sex, love and lies. she came with an intoxication that wasn't seen before, consuming her and demanding her. Lauren seemed t...
90.6K 2.1K 24
School starts up again and Camila, Dinah, Ally, and Normani are four best friends. They meet a new girl Lauren Jauregui and Camila really thinks she'...
2.3M 51.2K 70
What happens when Camila Cabello meets her celebrity crush Lauren Jauregui?