Falling Walls (III)

Bởi EliesaL

Lisa and Tom have found their way together. They are looking at the future, Tom convincing Lisa that his past... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Preview: My One Who Got Away

Chapter 6

2.6K 194 9
Bởi EliesaL

Tom had slept for over five hours. If I wouldn't wake him, he'd probably not be able to sleep at night. But first, I needed to check on the kids. They had made their way outside, where they were playing at the pool with some of the staff, drinking fancy looking fruit juices.

Back in the bedroom, I watched Tom sleep for a while. Even in his sleep I could tell that he would feel better, with the rash on his face gone. He had gone mad, earlier, but now he was that sexy man again, the man I could trust and rely on. So badly had I wished to be the same for him. When I gently stroked over his cheek, his lips formed to a slight, content smile. Tom sighed before he turned to lie on his other side. Without thinking, in a momentum, I stripped off my clothes, all the way down to my sky blue underwear. Hoping for the desired effect, I carefully kneeled on the bed, crawling slowly over Tom.

"Time to wake up, Tommy," I whispered in his ear, sliding my body over his.

"Hmm?" was all Tom responded while his eyes remained closed. I wanted to feel him so badly. I inhaled deeply to take him in, but it was not enough. I needed to feel him. Carefully, I slid up Tom's shirt, freeing his bare chest. His scars, which were so familiar now, exposed. When I ran my fingers over them, Tom shrugged, opening a slit of his eyes. His warm hand covered my fingers, leading them up to his mouth, where they were greeted by a kiss. My body followed my hand, sliding over Tom's chest, our naked skins touching. Tom's eyes were closed again. His hands running blindly over my warm body. A smile adorned his face, as the smooth tips of his fingers slid over my hip.

"I love being woken up like this," Tom murmured under heavier breaths. He does love me! Slowly, his deep blue eyes opened, looking back at me with content affection. "You are just so beautiful," Tom produced in pure astonishment, when suddenly he rolled around, so I no longer lay on top, but next to him. I protested, but my words disappeared under Tom's stuttering apologies, while pushing himself up. "What time is it? - I got to get that contract out. - Sorry, Engel. I'll be finished in a few hours."

"Tom," I almost shouted to drown his monologue. "Lie down!" That gained me some attention.

"I'm sorry, Lisa." Tom apologised again, running his long fingers over my cheek, and down my neck. "I wanted our time here to be perfect."

"It is, Tom."

"Yeah, right. Darling. Why don't you get yourself a massage organised or go to the pool. I'll just finish a few things, then I'll join you." His fingers ran further south, over my bra, tracing the rim of each cup. Not leaving his eyes, I climbed back on top of him, unable to hide a stupid grin on my face. "Oh, Engel!" Tom struggled.

"You're going to stay here with me Tommy," I whispered in his ear while nibbling on his earlobe.

"Tommy?" Tom was obviously surprised by my giving him a new nickname. "No one's ever called me that before.

"Sorry, Tom. Not manly enough?"

"I love it from you. You know that you have me completely wrapped around your finger, don't you?"

"Do I?"

To my contentment, Tom had stopped his attempts to getting out of bed.

"Completely." Tom's fingers were now circling playfully around my navel.

"Only you could get me distracted from work."

"Well, it's good then that everything is done," I replied, shrugging my shoulders while trying in vain to suppress a satisfied grin.

"What do you mean?" The fingers on my tummy stopped in their tracks, his eyes pierced mine questioningly. Casually, I continued to stroke through his unruly hair.

"Well!" I challenged him, opening my bra in the back, not leaving my eyes off his. Inspecting my naked breasts like he had never seen them before, he grabbed them in both his hands, thrusting out: "You drive me insane, Lisa. Gosh, I love you so much." Tom lifted himself up, meeting me on my level, sealing our lips with a deep, intense kiss, a kiss that said more than words could.

"I logged into your computer," I blurted out when our lips parted.

"I don't care." Tom's lips were sealing mine again. He thought I was confessing. Pushing him gently back, I corrected him, while pulling his shirt over his head.

"I revised the contract and completed the other documents in your inbox."

Now that caught his attention. Like he was hit by a lightning bolt, his body pulled back. Intensely, he looked at me.

"You did what?"

I shrug my shoulders while a whimsical smile crept involuntarily over my face. After all, I was a little bit proud of what I'd achieved, but then, I was unsure how Tom would really feel about it. He wouldn't admit that I overstepped a line, but what to expect, I wasn't sure. For a while, we were both completely still, just looking at each other. In all my insecurity, I focused on the anticipating, wider spreading smile on my face, biting on the inside of my cheeks to stop it. Wrinkles formed on Tom's forehead as he studied my face closer.

"Are you serious?" he dug deeper. I couldn't let go of the hold my teeth had on my cheeks, so all I did was nod while my face tensed further. Damn. He looked so good without his shirt on!

"What exactly have you done?" Tom pursued. With his head tilted to the side, he reminded me of a puppy dog, waiting for his treat.

Looking at his cute expression, my grin got too wide and the skin between my teeth slowly slipped out, while my nostrils expanded in an attempt to prevent a complete, obvious smile. I wanted to do Tom, us, a favour, and felt anticipation for his reaction; like I did for Christmas when I was a girl. But maybe I should take the situation more seriously, I thought. After all, I logged into Tom's account, his business account, the account of Tom Mayer and answered his emails. I didn't just answer an invitation for a birthday party addressed to him. No, I completed contracts in his name. Maybe it was the cognac, maybe it was my personality. I mean, I did have a habit of overstepping privacy in relationships. When opening my ex-husband Peter's letters, I used to excuse my snooping with my suspicions due to his addictions. But was this really any different?

"I logged into your computer and answered your mails while you were sleeping," I repeated, waiting nervously for Tom's reaction. The wrinkles on his forehead reappeared as his questioning gaze prompted me for more information. "I wanted to help you. So I completed the contract and answered your mails. You're free. Surprise?" Insecurity had taken hold of me. Where was his reaction? Tom was still studying me intensely, the wrinkles on his forehead now accompanied by raised eyebrows.

"And how did that go, Lisa?" I couldn't place his tone.

"Quite complicated, but I think I got my head around it," I answered as confidently as I could.

"You actually understood that contract?" I had expected a lot of different reactions, anger, joy, but an actual interrogation hadn't been one of them.

"Well, no. But I called the lawyer in Sydney. He helped me." And he was still staring at me, the blinking of his eyes being the only movement.

"Don't worry," I added to break the silence. "I'll cover the cost."

The wrinkles on his forehead finally disappeared, and then Tom burst out in laughter.

"What's so funny?" Now, I was completely irritated.

"You're funny, Lisa," Tom blurted out under loud laughter. He laughed so much that tears filled his eyes.

"I'm glad I'm amusing you." As happy as I was that Tom was laughing about it all, I was getting a little annoyed. After all, I was sitting there half naked, with the initial intention of impressing Tom - in any way. Slightly disappointed, I picked up my bra, slipping the straps over my shoulders.

"Don't put that back on!" Tom's hand stopped mine from closing the bra in the back. "You're the only person in this world who can really make me laugh. You, and those two beautiful kids of yours." The smile on Tom's face faded. In this familiar way, he combed my hair out of my face. His head came closer. When his forehead came to a rest against mine, our noses touched. I could feel his breath all the way down to my breasts.

"I want to adopt Sam and Emma. I want us all to carry the same name. Your choice which one. I want to be a part of you and your family."

I was speechless, didn't know what to say.

"Tom, I...,"

"No, Lisa," Tom interrupted me. "It's fine. I know that it's probably too much for you, and for the kids. And that's fine, really. But I want you to know."

I loved him so much. A feeling of pure warmth, affection and security swept through me. "I want that too, Tom. I want that so much," I exclaimed under tears. My hands embraced his cheeks, holding him in place while my lips found their way from his mouth over his tickling stubbles, marking every inch of his beautiful face. Tom's lips returned the kisses, smudging my wet, salty tears all over our faces. When our lips finally found each other, our kiss deepened. Our tongues swirling around each other, sending sweet tingles to the core of my body. Tom's bare chest pressed against my breasts, pushing me gently backwards. I felt his body vibrating, shaking against mine, as his hands caressed my face, my head and back, striping off those light blue undies, then his own ones, and as our breathing got heavier, Tom's legs rubbed rhythmically along mine, making me feel him along every inch of my body.

"I love you, Engelchen," Tom commenced anew once he caught back his breath, while stroking the wet, teary hair out of my face. "I don't just call you that, you know? You are my angel. Since I met you, everything has changed. Life makes sense with you. You are my life. Lisa, no one has ever cared if I was tired, about my deadlines, about my feelings. I didn't care myself." A shy smile hushed over his face. "I was so nervous coming here. I wanted it to be perfect. And when I realised I wasn't able to get everything done in time, I didn't know what else to do."

"I care, Tom. I always will." With pleasure, I let my fingers run over the short, bristle beard stubble around his mouth. "If we're in this together, Tom, then you'll need to let me help you. I quite enjoyed that today. It was challenging. I like challenges."

"I know you do," Tom told me in between kisses to my neck, while he was stroking through my hair. With each touch of his lips he gently sucked on the sweaty skin, slightly moving his tongue along the opening of his mouth. "I would have called the lawyer as well. You know, I have not ever met anyone as smart, strong, affectionate and beautiful as you. Thank you for today, Lisa, and for everything else. Thank you for being mine."

"Thank you for being mine," I gave back the compliment to him. I wished I could have said something more romantic, something more meaningful.

"I'm so sorry for being so brisk. I didn't mean to yell at Sam." Tom seemed shattered about his behaviour earlier that day. "I promised myself to never speak to you or the kids that way. I love you, I respect you and I'm going to place the world at your feet."

"We'll have arguments, Tom, and get through tough times. We just have to believe in us."

"We will, Engel." Then, suddenly, Tom rolled around, sat up straight and announced, "We should go out, Lisa. Let's find the kids and go. But first I need to apologise to them."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

66.6K 1.7K 19
A destiny-like love story between two lovers always melt one's heart.It always ended up with a happy marriage,a house with kids running around and of...
172 120 47
Their relationship started since they were 4 and 8 years old. They were for sure attracted to each other. But they were unaware about that at that te...
66.4K 3K 35
❝If life can remove somebody you never dreamed of, it can replace them with someone you never dreamt of having.❞ In which a widowed mother and son di...
55 0 13
Lucy meets a lady in the course of destiny, the young lady for whom her husband fell. A lady who was supposed to be her worst enemy turns out to be a...