Second Chance Point

Galing kay twelveohone

If torn between pleasing yourself and pleasing others, what would you choose? Between Thomas Torres and Kiefe... Higit pa

Introduction & Prologue
1: The Return
2A: Meeting
2B: The Meeting
3: Regrets
4: Thomoment
5: Jump Ball
7: Wave 2!
Edited 7: Wave 2
8: On A Red Day
9: Lo! Defensa!
10: Double Dribble
11: Point Guard Lover Chef?!?
12: Break Ups
13: Where are you?
14: Thomas's Assist
15: Fair Play
16: What Happened After Breakfast?
17: Sam's Turn
18: Torn
19: Steal
20: Winning and Losing
21: Choices
22: Brothers
23: Fixing and Breaking
24: The Royal Squire
25: Wrong Movie
26: The Sequel
27: Breaking The Ice
28: Our Borrowed Time
29: Unsung Hero
30: One Last Cry
31: Estranged

6: Comparisons

3.8K 26 8
Galing kay twelveohone

5: Comparisons

Sam's POV

It's Saturday and I don't have classes. Less than 4 weeks before the opening of the UAAP season so I was asked to report to ABS-CBN Sports' office for the orientation about the schedule of games.

JC told me to take the LRT then the cab to go to ABS-CBN because traffic is just unbearable due to some weekend road reblockings.

It's already 3 pm when the meeting was adjourned. I approached Kuya Boom Gonzales to say bye. Kuya Boom is very close to the Tengs. JC and I consider ourselves as adopted children of Tito Alvin and Tita Susan. Since everyone in our immediate family is already out of the country, the Tengs serve as our guardians.

Sam: Kuya Boom, I'm going.

Boom: Let me walk you outside.

We started walking towards the lobby.

Boom: You want me to drop you by the LRT station? Cabs are becoming unsafe nowadays.

Sam: No need Kuya. Stop treating me like a baby. I'm all grown-up!

I said then I grinned which made him laugh.

Boom: You're still little Sam. JC and Jeron asked me to look after you 'cause according to them you have no sense of direction.

The nerve of my brother to say that but my best friend. Huhu. My Jeron, oh Jeron.

Sam: Hahaha. You shouldn't believe those guys.

We continued chatting for a while when...

*Marimba*

Kief *blue heart emoji*

Sam: Wait lang Kuya ah. Si Kiefer.

He grinned.

Sam: Hey Phenom, miss me?

Kief: What's taking you long?

Sam: Where you at? Don't tell me that you're waiting for me at my unit? I'm sorry. Waaaait. I told you naman na wala ako dyan ah? Are you that old to forget that?!?

Kief: Low blow! Iwan kita dyan eh. The girl infront of me pa naman right now is hot.

Where in the world is this guy?!?

Sam: Where? Waaaait! Iwan, whaaaaat?!?

I looked at Kuya Boom. He was pointing to someone.

There I saw Kiefer Ravena, holding a bouquet of pink Tulips, walking towards us.

Sam: You are the meanest ever.

I heard him laugh from the other line. I ended his call.

Boom: Now everything's clear to me. Kaya pala ayaw magpahatid. Haha.

Sam: No, I didn't know that he's here.

In a second or less, nasa tabi ko na si Kiefer. Bilis ah.

Kief: Boom! What's up?

Boom: I'm doing good, Kief. You're picking my little Sam up?

Kief: Who's Sam? Is she hot?

I glared at Kief then I poked his rib that made him jerk. Kuya Boom laughed at us.

Boom: Too cheesy. I'll leave you too. I have to go back to the conference hall. You're safe now Sam, right?

Kief nodded. I shook my head. Kuya Boom laughed.

Sam: Thank you Kuya ah. Sorry sa abala.

I was about to hug Kuya Boom goodbye but..

Kief: Ehem. Ehem. Ehem.

He tried to block but I insisted on hugging my Kuya Boom.

Boom: You guys take care and be happy, okay?

Before Kuya Boom left, he whispered something to me

Boom: it's not mind over heart or the other way around. mind and heart equally.

He tapped my shoulder and left.

I was about to walk away from Kiefer when he suddenly grabbed my hand.

Kief: Hi Miss! I'm Kiefer Isaac Ravena. Wanna go out with me?

He winked at me.

Sam: Oh. Sorry but I'm taken.

HAHAHA. He was so shocked he dropped the bouquet. Thanks to my reflexes my bouquet was saved. Whew!

Sam: Call me assuming or whatever but I really think this is mine. Thank you Kieffy.

Kief: Nah, that's for Anne Curtis. Did you see her? I wonder where her dressing room is.

I threw him his bouquet back. Good thing, sanay siya sa gulatan. The nerve of that guy!

Kief: Uy, selos!

He grinned like he has won an award or something.

YES I AM! Anne Curtis is my ultimate girl crush. She's pretty, sexy and her charisma! Oh, I'll do everything just to have that! And, her boyfriend. Erwaaaaan! I would love to have a chef as my boyfriend. love you, Anne!

Sam: Yes I am. Anne Curtis is my girl crush tapos aagawin mo. I hate you.

He placed his arm on my shoulders. I tried to remove it but he keeps on placing it back.

Kief: Hey, show some mercy to my bouquet. I bought it for you but you keep on throwing it away. It hurts.

He placed his free hand on his chest. In all fairness to this guy, his continous flopping on the court has really paid off.

Sam: Arte arte mo kasi. Ang pa-chicks mo pa!

Kief: Wow ah. Ako pa? Sino kaya sa atin?

I raised my eyebrow.

Kief: Sabi ko nga eh. My fault! It was my fault. Sorry Sam.

He said while smiling so I smiled back.

Sam: Apology accepted! Oh, saan tayo?

I got the bouquet since I have no bag with me. My phone and money are all in my pocket.

Kief: Wherever you want. Don't tell me anywhere. You choose. You'll be treating me, right?

Sam: On me? Bye Kief. I'm going home.

He pouted. No effect on me, Kief. No effect.

Kief: I picked you up. I should have just spent time with my siblings. *sigh* This is too much.

He placed his hand on his chest. Best actor award for Kiefer Ravena!

Sam: Eh di doon ka na. Madali akong kausap.

He grinned and poked my side. I skipped away from him.

Kief: Haha. Jelly jelly Sam.

Sam: You wanna bring me to Taft? Have dinner with us. I'm planning to cook Adobo for dinner. JC's request actually.

He smiled at me. Actually, I seldom treat people and believe me I have my reasons.

Kief: Sobrang kuripot mo lang talaga.

Haha. That's kinda true.

Sam: Haha. Hindi kaya! Ano, will you come with me?

Kief: I would love too but before that Dani asked me to ask you to pick a new dress for her.

Sam: I would love to! Let's go to SM North and I'll pick a new dress for her. So what's with Dani and her new dress?

We got a cab that will bring us to SM North which shouldn't be that far away from here.

Kief: I hate the fact that my baby sister's already dating.

Sam: You're overprotecting her. She's big enough. Trust her. She'll be fine.

Kief: I trust her but I don't trust those guys. I swear I'll kill the guy who would dare hurt my sister.

Sam: Trust her choices. And believe me no matter how we want to protect our loved ones from getting hurt, we can't keep them away from pain. We can't control everything.

Kief held my hand.

Kief: I guess you're right. No doubt, JC feels the same. You have no idea how many suitors JC, Jeron and Jeric (Teng) had to push away from you.

Sam: Those three are just good for nothing. Please don't push Dani's suitors away from her. What if without you knowing it you pushed the right man away?

Kief: If he's the right one for my sister, he won't let himself be threatened by whoever or whatever. Not even fate.

Sam: You do have a point but how would you know that something's right when you haven't tried the wrong one yet?

Kief: I don't know. You will just feel it.

Sam: That's deep so where did that come from?

He faced me.

Kief: You wouldn't wanna know.

I raised my right eyebrow.

Sam: Have you found the right girl for you? I mean if you already did, why stick with me? I can handle myself.

Kief: I think I found her and I am holding her hand right now.

He gripped my hand gently. My heart starts to beat fast. Is Kief serious?

I gripped his hand back. I'm totally lost. Kief is the kind of guy I really want to be with but something's telling me that he is not the guy who I should be with.

Kief: What's the matter? I mean no pressure. Just tell me when you're ready. I can wait forever.

Nothing but silence after his confession or whatever you call it.

Few more minutes and we arrived at our destination, SM North!

Kief never let go of my hand.

Sam: Kief, we're in a public place. Are you sure that you wanna hold my hand?

Kief: Ayaw mo ba?

Sam: No, not really but it's public. Thomas and I..

He didn't let me finish my sentence.

Kief: I'm Kiefer Ravena and not Thomas Torres. If he can't show you off to the public well I can and I will. There are a lot of guys wanting to hold your hand like this but I am the fortunate one holding it.

He smiled at me and again gently gripped my hand.

Kief: You have no idea how I would love to tell the world that I am dating you.

I had goosebumps after his little speech. Kief never fails to make me feel wanted. He never fails to make me feel special. You gotta admit, you want your guy to do the same.

We continued walking towards the Forever 21 boutique. Where would you find a nice dress other than this store, right?

"Hey! That's Kiefer Ravena oh!"

"Aaaaaah! Kiefer!"

Kiefer drew a lot of attention. Girls and gays started to attack us. Yes, attack. They asked for pictures and autographs like Kief is some kind of a superstar. Well, Kief is really famous specially now that he's on his last playing year.

It's not that I am not used to situations like this. Believe me, I had worse.

Kief let go of my hand and mouthed the words "sorry. wait lang talaga." I nodded.

I think about 10 individuals and 4 groups already asked for a picture with him.

Then a group of high school girls approached Kief. All of them wants to be included in the picture so one of them approached me.

"Ate pwede po bang ikaw ang kumuha ng picture? Thank you."

She handed me her digicam and didn't wait for my response. Can you just imagine me holding my bouquet with my left hand and a digicam on my right?

I looked at Kief and he's just staring at me. A hint of apology is evident on his face. I smiled at him and nodded.

Sam: Okay, one two three. Smile!

"Isa pa po!!!"

"KUYA, WACKY"

I was about to take another picture of them when someone hold my hand.

Kief: Sam, let's go. Sorry girls, we need to go. See you on our game. Thank you.

"Awwwww."

"Kuya, last one na talaga."

The girls look so disappointed. I felt bad for them.

Sam: C'mon, Kief. Don't be such a killjoy. Just one last shot. Is that okay with you, girls?

They were shocked. They were just looking at me like whoa and weird cause I find them funny.

Kief obliged. One last wacky shot and we're done.

I handed them back their cam and Kief immediately grabbed me by my waist. Mawawala ba ako, Kief?

"Thank you Ate at Kuya Kief!"

We smiled at them and started walking. There was silence until..

Kief: I'm sorry.

Sam: Sorry for what?

Kief: I know na hassle sayo yung kanina. Ginawa ka pang photographer. I was really annoyed.

I patted his head like a puppy.

Sam: Crazy. It's okay. Like I'm not used to that? One fan called me Jeron's PA by mistake.

Kief: Srsly? What did you do?

Sam: I was about to let it pass thinking that Jeron didn't hear it but he did. He laughed so hard that also made me laugh. We were like crazy penguins. The fan was so embarrased. I think he said sorry five times.

Kief: How can you be that nice?

Btw, Kief already let go of me. Completely. We are just walking side by side.

Sam: I just place myself on their shoes.

And we finally reached Forever 21! I swear my eyes grew big when I saw their new arrivals.

Sam: Kief, can you hold this for a while?

I handed him my bouquet and started looking for a nice dress for Dani. Kief silently followed.

I scanned through several racks but I can't find a perfect dress for Dani. All that I can see are dresses for me.

Kief: Sam, matagal pa ba yan?

Okay, note to self: never drag Kiefer to shopping.

When Thomas and I were still together, Tho never complained about shopping. Not once. He would just take a seat wherever possible and patiently wait for me.

No doubt, Tho is my ideal guy. WAIT? What did I just say? Scratch that. Pretend like you didn't read anything! C'mon, scroll down.

Sam: Una ka na sa Taft. I have to pick the best dress for Dani.

I'm really annoyed at Kief at this moment. I will never understand boys.

I tried looking for some more clothes but whenever I see Kief's annoyed face through my peripheral vision, I can't help but get pissed.

I fished my phone from my pocket

To: Dani *blue heart emoji*

Dear, can you just meet me tomorrow at Shang? Your brother is pissing me off today. Let's go shopping. Love yow!

I didn't bother wait for Dani's reply. I faced Kief.

Sam: So where do you wanna go?

I said in my calmest voice possible.

Kief: How about Dani's...

I didn't let him finish his sentence.

Sam: I texted her already. I'll just meet her tomorrow. C'mon Kief, let's not spoil this day. Cheer up. Sorry for dragging you into this. I swear never bring you to shopping again.

He nodded and turned his back on me. He placed his left hand on his nape and started walking away from me. Okay Samantha,breathe in breathe out. Calm down.

He looked back and saw me just staring at him. He started walking back to me, still expresionless.

Kief: Uy, tara na.

Sam: Oh masakit ba yang batok mo? Ikaw pa na-high blood? Nakakaloka ka, Kiefer.

I shook my hand and walked away from him. He catched up and walked beside me. I got my bouquet from him then his right hand reached for my left hand. Silence. An uncomfortable one.

We are heading towards the Sky Garden when his phone rung.

Kief: Good afternoon, coach!

It's Coach Bo, bakit kaya? Did he skip practice for me? Oh please no.

Kief: I'm at SM North with my girl.

I blushed upon hearing the words 'my girl.' I think he saw that so he winked at me then smiled at me. Okay, I'm becoming too flirty. Galit ka sa kanya, Samantha. Galit.

Kief: Ngayon na? Can I bring her home first? *long pause* But coach.. Is that too urgent? *longer pause* Okay, I get it.

Then he hung up.

Sam: Did you skip practice?

Kief: No just an emergency meeting. Let me bring you home first.

Sam: No, I can manage. Go ahead.

Kief: I'll text my driver first.

Okay, that driver is Thirdy. He never called his real driver, my driver.

We were walking when he suddenly stopped at Starbucks.

Kief: Take a seat. Babawi muna ako sayo while we're still waiting for my driver.

I gladly obliged. All this walking made me tired.

Few more minutes and he's out with a two cups of frappe and two flatbreads. He sat across me.

Sam: Please tell me that it's the flatbread with pesto and chicken.

Kief: It is.

Sam: Oh my Kief. I love you.

He looked at me with his eyes ever wide. Did I say something wrong? I smiled at him then he shrugged.

Kief: I never thought an 'I love you' from you would sound that good. Thomas is really one lucky guy.

I almost gave myself the ultimate facepalm. WRONG CHOICE OF WORDS.

Kief: But I do get the point that it is not what you really mean.

Sam: Kief..

He smiled at me, a weak one.

Kief: I get it but please consider everything.

He started slicing both breads. Another awkward silence. Silence was never awkward with Thomas.

Kief: I expected something more for this day.

Sam: I expected none for this day but just so you know, I really appreciate the effort Kief.

Kief: You deserve something more, Sam. I wanna be the guy you would wanna be with.

He looked right into my eyes.

Sam: You're really fun to be with, Kief. Believe me. I couldn't ask for more. You will always be next to Jeron, you know that.

Kief: I don't wanna be next to Jeron. I wanna replace Thomas in your heart, Sam.

He shook his head.

Kief: There I said it. Sam, I really really like you.

Sam: Kief..

He gripped my hand.

Kief: Please give me a chance. Please give your heart another chance. Let me have this second chance point.

Right at this moment is when I just want the ground to open up and eat me alive.

Then his phone rung... Just what I needed.

Kief: it's Mom.

His mom? I nodded.

Kief: Mom, asan ka na po? *pause* Starbucks Sky Garden po. *pause* Yes, we'll wait for you. *pause*

He hung up and smiled at me. Oh please don't bring that topic back.

Kief: Pahatid na lang kita sa kanya ah. Hayaan mo na yung traffic. I just want you safe.

My eyes grew wide in disbelief. Si Tita Mozzy pa? Huh, kakahiya.

Sam: No need. Too much hassle for tita.

Kief: Believe me, she likes you so much that she won't even bother.

Sam: Eh, how about you?

Kief: I'll just take a cab going to Ateneo.

Sam: You can ask her to bring you first. I'm not in a rush din naman.

Kief: We need no spies.

He then gave me the most amusing face ever.

Sam: Remind me to tell you that the next time you set foot on Taft.

Kief: Kidding. Hindi na. Magpahinga ka na. Masyado ng mahaba ang araw na 'to for you.

Then I saw Tita Mozzy.

Sam: Ayan na pala si Tita eh.

We stood up to greet Tita Mozzy.

Mozzy: It's nice to see you again, Sam.

Sam: Naku tita, nakakahiya naman po sa inyo. I swear, I can take care of myself.

Mozzy: Hija naman. Parang ka namang iba sa amin.

Kief placed his arm around my shoulders.

Kief: Ma, I'll just take the cab. Take care of Sam and, please, don't scare her.

Tita held my hand and pulled me towards her.

Mozzy: Oh Kiefer Isaac. I won't scare her. I will just warn her.

My heart beat fast upon hearing the word warn. Ano ba 'tong pinasok ko? Huhu. Heeeelp! Mommy, Daddy!

Mozzy: Just kidding hija.

She grinned at me.

Kiefer: Ma, I'm going. You know coach Bo! Take care.

Mozzy: Go ahead.

Kief: Sam, I'll just call you later.

I nodded and tita and I started walking away. I saw Kief waving so I waved back. Ayoko namang magmukha siyang baliw doon.

I followed Tita so she's really bring me home. Note to self: Tell Mommy about this.

Tita started the car and drove. No one is talking. The classical music playing on the radio is all that can be heard.

Mozzy: Sam, I know you since you were a baby and I have seen how you and Kief grew up but I never thought that my son would love you this much.

I don't know how to answer. Kief and I never really spoke anything about our real feelings for each other.

Mozzy: Hija, what do you think of Kiefer?

Sam: Kief's a nice guy, tita. You and Tito Bong raised him well. I swear I don't know how life would be without him.

Mozzy: Do you like him?

Why is she interrogating me? Huhu.

Sam: Yes tita. What's not to like about Kiefer? He's like a brother to me.

Mozzy: I guess he already told you the story of his biggest regret in life.

Yah, that story.

Sam: Mm..

Mozzy: Sam, he's really serious with you. He dated a lot of girls before and I know that you know that but he never gave anyone of those girls a bouquet ever.

She looked at my lap where Kief's bouquet is sitting on.

Mozzy: You and JC are like my own children and I will forever love Sophia and Clyde. Samantha, hija, can I ask you one thing?

Here it goes....

Mozzy: Don't hurt my son.

Okay, these two are putting too much pressure on me.

Mozzy: But I'm not asking you to love him. I know that love is not something that you can impose on people.

Sam: Tita...

Mozzy: If you don't love him, tell him. Ngayon pa lang sabihin mo na. Please don't give my son a false hope. I won't feel bad. Ngayon pa lang tapatin mo na siya hanggang mababaw pa lang yung sugat na maiiwan sa kanya.

I just want the ground to open up and swallow me.

Mozzy: Pero kung may kahit konting pag-asa siya. Even a little bit, Sam. Please don't be scared to fall in love again and give my son a chance. Don't deprive yourself or Kiefer the happiness that you both deserve.

Sam: Tita, I don't want to hurt Kiefer myself. I know that I can tell you this. Tita, I really don't know. I am just confused right now.

Mozzy: I understand hija. You don't have to rush. Think about everything.

The rest of the drive is nothing but the usual conversation. No one opened the topic about Kief again.

We stopped in front of my tower.

Sam: tita, why don't you stop over and have coffee?

Mozzy: No need. I'm Kiefer's driver, remember? I'll go pick my boys up.

Sam: Thank you, tita!

She waved at me with her ever warm smile then I closed the door.

I entered the elevator with my mind preoccupied with what happened today.

Kiefer and his confession. Tita Mozzy's don't hurt my son speech. Ugh.

ANO BA TALAGA 'TONG PINASOK KO?!?

I can still go back to Singapore and run away from all the drama here in Manila. Yes, I can do that.

I'm considering my other options until I hear the elevator ding.

I'm on my floor.

I went straight to my unit and there I saw JC, Jeron, Hanna, Nica and Thomas with a bottle of wine in front of them. Yeah, red wine. That's how lame our group is.

JC: Oh, what brought you home early?

Nica: We ordered pizza for dinner. We thought you'd be home late.

I ignored them. JC and Nica are like my mom and dad, even worse.

I grabbed the wine glass infront of JC, left the bouquet there and went straight to the balcony.

I NEED A LOT OF AIR. Kief's a good guy. Why don't I give us a chance? No, that's impossible.

I was about to take a sip of my wine when someone took it away from me.

I looked at him but he drank everything.

"Have you forgotten your allergy? Wanna die?"

I hugged him.

Sam: I asked the ground to swallow me alive twice today. Please, don't push me away.

And he didn't. He hugged me back and started caressing my hair.

"Mants, what's wrong?"

I didn't bother answer. The warmth of his embrace brought me back to sanity. I guess I know why I can't give Kiefer a chance and it's because of this man.

His broad arms around me make me feel safe. His hands gently caressing my hair assures me that everything will be alright.

I was about to pull myself away but he didn't allow me.

Thomas: Just 10 more seconds, please?

Thomas: 10.

9.

8.

7.

6.

5.

4.

3.

2.

1"

He counted then pulled ourselves away.

Thomas: What did Kiefer do to you?

I looked at him.

It's not about what Kiefer did. It's about what Kief didn't.

Because no matter what happens,

Kiefer Ravena can't be you.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

First of all, thank you for reading my story. I really hope that you enjoyed this chapter.

Sorry that it took me long to update. I'm almost done with the supposed to be Chapter 6 when I felt like it's boring so I erased it and started another one.

Again, this story is written out of my imagination. No scene happened in real life.

I wanna hear your thoughts, comment, vote or reach me through my social networking sites.

A thousand plus reads. Thank you talaga. I love you all. May God bless you and till my next update!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

710K 12.2K 113
joeybirlem added you by username joeybirlem is typing... { completed}
301K 5.2K 36
I made a newt x reader, so thought I'd do a Thomas one too:) enjoy x Mature/sexual themes x Most impressive rankings 1-#mazerunner 1-#thomas 1-#glade
10.2K 191 48
~|Charge|~ Thomas "It's like my soul demands for you, for everything about you." Linnea's life before the Glade was almost worse than the Glade was...
1.7K 21 14
,,i broke what you gave me, but you kept giving more- -and im sorry for taking, but i keep wanting more'' ,,humpty'' - mitski ... oneshots :3 REQUEST...