Breathe

By maradelle96

Julia, a senior in high school, is starting to lose faith and hope in life. She gets bullied daily and no one... More

About it
Chatper 1-The Fight
Chapter 2-Principles Office
Chapter 3-Twitter
Chapter 4-Direct Message
Chapter 6- Caring
Chapter 7-Secret Code
Chapter 8-Tweets
Chapter9- Mall
Chapter 10- Dream
Chapter 11- Defending
Chapter 12- Visiting
Chapter 13- Saving
Chapter 14- Changes
Chapter 15- 32F
Chapter 16- Surprises
Chapter 17- Perfect
Chapter 18- Don't Go
Chapter 19- Hospital
Chapter 20- Excuses
Chapter 21- Princess
Chapter 22- Secret
Chapter 23- Trust Me
Chapter 24- A Letter
Chapter25- Support
Chapter 26- Nightmare
Chapter 27- Promise Me
Chapter 28- Reasons
Chapter 29- Welcome Back
Chapter 30- Fight For Me
Chapter 31- Airport
Lost

Chapter 5- Change

39.9K 753 98
By maradelle96

I had just about everything packed when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I said calmly, hoping it wasnt my mom. My door slowly cracked open and my stepdads head peaked in.

"Hey, babygirl." His voice was sincere.

"Oh, hey." I was slightly taken back at his tone, it was so soft. I took a seat at the end of my bed, knowing he wanted to talk about something. "Im sorry about how I talked to my mom." I admitted, even though I wasn't sorry, not one bit.

"Thats over with, kiddo." He came in and closed the door. Stepping closer to me, he pulled up my desk chair in front of me. "What did you want to tell me earlier?"

"Its really nothing." I spoke, slightly surprised he even remembered about me telling him something.

"I want to know, Julia." He gave me a soft small smile. I, then, told him about Niall and about all that seemed to be planning out. I realized, that as I talked, I was smiling. He seemed to be into the story as I came to an end. "Let me give you my number, anything else happens, let me know! I'll even take you to go see the kid." He smiled.

"Thanks, Marc." I smiled widely as he opened his arms for a hug.

Shortly after the talk he and I had, my dad pulled into the driveway. Dragging my things down the stairs and in my dads car, he and my mom were talking. My mom shared with him about my fights and about how I had been acting lately. Marc helped me with the heavy things I had. About an hour of bashing on me, my mom was done. "Take your child." She spat as I fought to avoid eye contact with her.

I sat in the passager seat as my dad drove, never leaving his eyes off the road. The trip was silent until I got an alert on my phone.

"Direct Message from @NiallHoran: I got you a ticket if you're up for the party! How's Floor?"

A smile soon tugged on my lips as I read the message from Niall.

"Who's that?" My dad spoke as he took a quick glance at my phone screen.

"Nothing." I smiled as I went to reply to him.

"Thats really sweet, Niall! But thats okay. I dont want to impose." Which wasn't a lie. I had no idea why he was being so nice to me.

"I've been meaning to tell you, you're moving to a different school.." My dad said in a matter of fact way. Normally, anyone would be upset about such change, but me? I had no friends to lose.

Agreeing with him so easily, he smiled and carried on his way to paying attention to the road. Traveling about two more hours, we finally pulled into a large driveway. My eyes were glued on the huge house that we slowly pulled up to.

"This is your house?" I said in shock and amazement.

"Yup.." He said proudly. "Come on, I'll help you with your bags."

He showed me to my new room. The walls were pink, the ceiling was high, and the bathroom was huge. He had 6 rooms and 7 bathrooms along with a movie room.

"So, this is where my child support went to." I teased as I sent down my things in my room.

He left out a soft chuckle, "Your mother didn't tell you?" he seemed overly shocked.

"She doesn't tell me anything." I giggled as I sat on the bed.

"I own stocks, the good ones." He winked "I also work a lot, so sadly, you'll be here alone a lot." His smile faded somewhat, "Whenever I go on traveling business, you can come." His lips soon tugged back into a toothy smile.

Living with my dad was way different from living with my mom. Without all the moving and change, I almost forgot to check my phone, but when I did.

"Direct Message from @NiallHoran: You're not imposing! I promise. Next Friday dont make any plans."

Before replying, I made sure that my dad would be okay with it. Sharing with him all the details that lead up to how Niall asked me to go to the concert, my dad was iffy.

"I'll be dropping you off and picking you up.." His tone went serious.

"Of course! I wouldn't want it any other way." I smiled as the excitement grew inside of me. I'm going to go to a One Direction concert! My emotions were jumping off the wall. I couldn't believe that someone like me could be so lucky.

"Now, go watch up. You have school tomorrow."

"School? But I have OSS for another 8 days?" I spoke, confused.

"I got to pull some strings at your new school." He sounded proud and sure of himself.

"With a parents approval, its a yes." I managed to dm him back, just in time for dinner.

The next morning went beyond slow, as I got ready for the first day of my new and hopefully better school. I slid on some dark blue skinny jeans, a light green shirt that went off the shoulders, and my white vans. My hair, being long, stayed down but I knew later on it would be in a bun. Walking down to my fathers den, where he told me to meet him, he was finishing up some work on the computer.

"I'm all ready for hell." I smiled, showing off my freshly brushed teeth.

"Very funny! Try not to hit anyone." He teased with a chuckle as he stood up, grabbing his keys. "Today, Im dropping you off and picking you up, but pay attention to where everything is because you're driving tomorrow." He said with a smirk.

"Me? Driving?" I was taken back at such responsiblity.

"Yeah, you know how, right?" He joked, or at least I hope he was.

"Yeah, I just don't have a car." I laughed.

"Now you do." He tossed me a set of car keys as we reached the front door.

After being dropped off, I read my paper of my class list. First, American Government. I was pretty happy with my schedule for the most part. Making sure I wasn't late on my first day, I was the first one in the class. The teacher looked at me with a confusing look.

"And you are?" He said, curving in his eye brows.

"Oh, hi! I'm Julia, I'm new here." I smiled, handing him my class list as he hinted to wanting to see it.

"Well, Julia, I'm Mr. Smith." He flashed me a smile. He seemed to be one of the cool teachers, but strangely enough, he was attractive. Call me weird for thinking such ways about a teacher, but I mean, come on.. I'm sure you have that one teacher you just want to-- "You can have a seat in the front," he cut off my thoughts as he pointed to a desk that faced his. "class starts in less than five minutes." He added before turning his back to continue to write on the white board.

Half way through the day, it was lunch. Being new, I didn't know anyone, therefore, I sat alone. Nothing new, of course. As I was taking a bite into my apple, a friendly looking girl came over and sat at my empty table.

"Am I at your table?" I said as I finished chewing, "Do you need me to move?" I gathered my things.

"No, that's okay!" She smiled, "I'm Hannah."

"Oh, I'm Julia." I relaxed my body as I continued to talk with her.

Hannah is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She told me all about the school and even showed me to my next class after lunch. Towards the end of the day, I saw her again.

"Hey, Julia!" She called out, catching my attention. I wasn't used to people wanting to talk to me. I know, its sad.

"Hey, Hannah! How was your day?"

"Great! Yours?" She smiled, but before I could answer she had another question ready, "Do you need a ride home?"

"No, I'm good, my dad is gonna come get me, since I don't know the streets just yet. Thank you anyways!" I smiled as her faded.

"Completely understandable! Well, I'll see you tomorrow, then." She flashed one last smile before continuing on to the student parking lot.

*So, not much happened this chapter. Its just like a.... crap.

I promise, the next chapter will be far more better than this one! Who knows, maybe I'll just skip to Friday? Yeah?

I hope you guys like this! I'm sure some of you are getting bored with it, but just hang out for one more chapter and I promise you that it will get better! I'll get Niall, REALLY into it. Some more drama will be coming up.

Soooo, do you have that one hot teacher at your school? I have like.. Two.

Anyways, thank you again for all the feedback and reads! It means so much to me!

I love you! ~Mara *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104 4 31
Rosie is 18 years old and she lives in Ireland. She loves singing and playing guitar. She is crazy about a band called one direction and has a celebr...
37.5K 908 39
Morgan has had a very bad life from being bullied to her parents being murdered. But what happens when she gives some directions that will change her...
2.8K 77 22
(ONE DIRECTION - NIALL HORAN) Victoria goes to visit her cousin in England. He used to be like a big brother to her, but they haven't spoken in nine...
532 35 12
Supposed bad boy Harry Styles is keen set on getting with Niall's girlfriends roommate after being pushed into showing up at their house party. Kenda...