dissolve. nh

By ridicuIed

dissolve is a story about niall horan, professional boxer and popular player, who seems to have his eye on s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
epilogue

Chapter 30

5.1K 118 85
By ridicuIed

About halfway home, my phone began to ring in the silence of the car. I unlocked it, pressing it to my ear and chiming a hello to the mystery caller. “Hello, Bleu Rochester?”

“This is she.” I said, it almost coming out as a question. Niall reached out to turn down the radio.

“This is Mariam Hoster from the Grainer Street Café. I interviewed you.” I recognized her name the moment she said it, so a ‘yeah, okay’ stumbled from my mouth before she began speaking again. “Listen, you are probably one of the best applicants we’ve ever had for this job, and we would love to have you work for us.”

The Grainer Street Café was quite famous among the locals in this town, and it was indeed more high class. “Oh, I would be honored.”

“Fantastic. Can you start Wednesday? We need you to come in Monday and Tuesday for training.”

“Yes, that’s fine.” I said, and she mumbled her thanks and goodbyes before hanging up. I stared at the phone in disbelief for a second, finally speaking. “I got the job.” I said. 

“Where is it?” He didn’t sound too happy, but I wasn’t going to jump to conclusions.

“At Grainer Street Café.”

His eyes got wide and he raised his eyebrows. “Okay.” He said finally, checking over his shoulder so that he could switch lanes.

“Okay?” I asked, my brow furrowing.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Well, you don’t sound too enthused that I got a job.”

He pursed his lips, his sunglasses shielding his expression from me. “Well, that’s because I’m not.”

I’m not going to lie, I was a bit offended. “What? Why?” I asked, and he shrugged.

“I’m just…not.”

“Oh, well that’s an amazing excuse.”

“It’s not an excuse, it’s a reason.”

“The difference?”

“I mean what I said.”

I just stared. 

“Hm. Well, you can keep your panties in a twist because I start Wednesday.”

I saw him tense as I turned in my seat, crossing my arms over my chest. He didn’t respond, because there was nothing he could say. “Why do you even need a job?” He asked, his voice low and rigid, his knuckles turning white.

“Because I might lose my house!” My voice had rising three octaves in my obvious anger, and my tone suggested that he was dumb as dirt.

“What?” He spat, finally looking at me. I’d forgotten I hadn’t told him.

“Oops.” I breathed, and he nodded his head.

“Yeah, oops. What the hell do you mean you might lose your house?”

“Well, not anymore.”

“Bleu…” He warned, and I huffed a sigh.

“I was late on a payment, and it’s been a little tight around the house. But it’s nothing to worry about.”

“Damn straight it’s not, because I wouldn’t let that happen.”

His words were final, but I’d had enough of his ‘Macho-Man’ attitude. “What the hell would you have done?” I spat, and he raised his voice over mine before I could finish.

“I would’ve taken you in! Or paid for it! Or done anything to keep you off the fucking streets!”

I blushed at his first offer, but again I could not keep my mouth shut. “I don’t need you to take care of me.” I mumbled, running a hand through my hair. It got dead silent for a few moments, and then his hand hit the steering wheel.

“Dammit, Bleu! When are you going to realize that I will always take care of you, even if you don’t need me?”

I was blushing furiously, gritting my teeth and trying not to retort something because I knew I’d regret it later.

“Stop trying to be my superhero.” I muttered, turning my head to look out the window. 

Two hours later we pulled into my driveway, the tension not ceasing but at least the anger was gone…mostly. I grabbed my backpack out of the backseat, meeting Niall around the front. I stopped short, my eyes meeting his as he lifted the sunglasses on his head, a frown evident on his face. Neither of us said anything, and it was starting to scare me--until he pulled me into his chest. Again, he said nothing, only wrapped his arms tight around me and rested his chin on my head. I sighed in relief, sinking into his warmth and closing my eyes, breathing him in. I still didn’t like the fact that he thought he could run my life for me, but I could understand why he said the things that he did. And it was touching, I was just upset. 

He brought me out of my thoughts when he took a deep breath, still holding onto me. “Thank you for being there.” He said, and I cleared my throat.

“Of course.” My voice was quiet, his yelling coming back to me. I broke away suddenly, an expression flashing across his features, but it was gone, his mask of anger back in place. “I’m going to go inside. Thank you for taking me.” I said, backing away slowly and letting his hands drop down to his sides. He only nodded, sliding his glasses down again and turning away, not even a glance behind him as he got in his car and drove away. I didn’t want to admit it, but the lack of reaction hurt.

Darren's POV

I slammed the door to my apartment, running a hand over my face in frustration and stress. There was so much bullshit going on right now, and I just didn’t want to deal with it. With my forehead rested against the door, I hadn’t realized that she was here until her wary, quite-frankly annoying voice chimed, “Darren, Baby? What’s wrong?”

I whirled around, seeing the blonde-haired beauty staring worriedly at me. “I didn’t know you were here, Tammy.” I sighed, and she pulled the short, skimpy robe she had on around her shoulders.

“Well, I wanted to surprise you, since Ben lost the fight.”

I narrowed my gaze, not really wanting to talk about this…especially not with her. I only shrugged, playing it off. That was the least of my worries, really.

“That’s not why you’re here.” I stated, and she blushed.

“I wanted to see you.” Her voice was quiet as I approached her, her eyes roaming my body. A smirk hinted at my features.

“I know why you’re here.” I said, tilting her chin up to meet my eyes. Fear was evident in hers, something I’d seen ever since I’d known her. I liked it. 

“Darren--” She whimpered, and I shook my head. “No, no, don’t be like that, Baby. It’ll be fun this time, promise.” I said, and her mouth moved but no words came out. “I understand that Bleu showed you just what I told you she would, yes?” I asked, turning her head to the side to examine the prominent bruising on the side of her face.

Tammy’s eyes squinted into a glare, a frown forming on her face and she pushed me away. I laughed, but she did not think this was funny.

“She’s a bitch. I don’t know what you ever saw in her.” She spat, crossing her arms over her chest. 

I slammed her into the wall, growling lowly because no one talked about Bleu like that. “Don’t you dare say anything against Bleu, you whore.”

Her eyes had grown wide in horror because she knew what was coming.

“I don’t blame her for beating the shit out of you. Of course, I’m going after her, but you deserved what you got.”

I nudged her thighs apart with my knee, her head turning away from my face. “I told you not to touch her, and you disobeyed me.” I grumbled, undoing my belt buckle with one hand as I held hers above her head with the other.

“No, no please--” She begged, but  ignored her, attaching my teeth to her neck and sucking hard.

“I’ll do what you want, please--”

“Shut up!” I yelled, reaching down to yank off the barrier between us and leaving her bare. She was crying now, tears streaming down her face.

“You’re sick!” She screamed, and I just laughed, nodding my head.

“I know, Babe.” 

Niall's POV

I flipped on the lights to the gym, leaving most of them off but the far corner illuminated. Sighing, I walked over to where the punching bags and jump ropes were, tossing down my bag and reaching to pull my shirt over my head. I needed to let out some stress, and this was the only way I knew how. Everything felt like it was coming down on me, and I couldn’t talk about it with anyone. Especially not Bleu. 

After I’d hauled off my shirt and kicked off my trainers, I reached for my gloves. I took a seat on a stack of mats, pulling them on and tightening the straps before I stood again, thoughts racing through my mind. Everything from last week and those events, up to the fight with Bleu that had happened just this afternoon. God, I hated fighting with her, but she was so damned stubborn. And she just didn’t know how far I’d go-how far I was going-just to be sure that she was safe. All of the time. And it was no easy task. 

I slammed my fist into the side of the bag, the pleasure canceling out the pain. His face flashed through my mind, behind my eyes as I squeezed them shut, pounding the bag again. How he smirked when he gave me the offer…and the consequence if I refused. I grabbed the bag, kneeing the bottom before I slammed my fist into it over and over. I remembered the aching feeling of betrayal as I accepted, making a deal with the devil himself. 

I fought this imaginary person until I ached and sweat poured off of my body, but I went onto the speed bag, putting my hands up before I began to work with that. I puffed out my timed breaths, everything else becoming blurry as I focused on just this. It felt like before, when I angry and alone and I didn’t have someone. Someone like Bleu. I was astonished at how she actually came to like me, and how I found myself needing her…the first time I’d ever really needed something and not just wanted it. And that’s why I would do anything to protect her. 

I stopped my workout, breathing harshly and near exhaustion as I grabbed my water bottle, swigging on it when my phone started ringing. It was around eleven-who would be calling this late? I didn’t recognize the caller ID, but I answered it anyway, trying to get my breathing under control. “Hello?” I gulped down more water, waiting for the static to clear on the other line.

“Did you do it?” His raspy voice spoke on the other end, and I froze. My head pounded and my heartbeat sped up, my breathing finally slowing down.

“No. I haven’t.” I spoke low and short, no room for protest. He breathed out a heavy sigh, and I tightened my grip on the phone.

“You have a deadline, boy.”

I gritted my teeth against the obvious anger I had for the man, trying to keep myself under control. “I know. I’ll get it done tonight.” I said.

“Good.“ He stated, and he hung up without another word. 

I pulled the jeans and t-shirt out of my bag, stripping down and tugging on the clothes. I laced up my boots, grabbing a jumper and putting that on before throwing everything else into the gym bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I pulled my hood up and over my head, leaving the gym and locking the doors. I pulled open my backseat, checking to make sure that I had everything before I made my way over to where he told me to go. I did. 

        ---

I pulled into the alleyway, hiding the Range before I climbed out, ducking my face and shoving my hands into my pockets. I jogged out of the little cove, appearing on the busy streets of downtown Mullingar, blending into the traffic crowding the sidewalks and slowing my pace. It was quite crowded for a small town on a Sunday night, but at least it gave me enough cover. It was only when I made my left turn that the people thinned out, slowly fading to nothing the further I went. I took a deep breath, barreling down the street until I was in front of an abandoned building, worn from rust and weather. I banged a fist on the closed entrance, and then it swung open, revealing a busty blonde that looked all too familiar. 

She gave me a vicious smile, all sultry and dark, but I turned down the invitation. “Hi, Niall. Nice seeing you without that girl on your arm.” Tammy spat, and I only glared, stepping in the door that she had wide open.

It was a wonder she wasn’t freezing right now from her lack of clothing, but I figured he’d made her wear it. She led me down the narrow hallway, and even in the dim lighting I could see all of the bruises on her arms.

“Tammy, did it happen again?” I didn’t like the girl, but no woman deserved to be treated like that.

She whirled around, fear and anger swimming in her eyes as she glared. “It’s none of your business, and don’t act like you care.” She snapped, turning her back again before she strutted down the length of the hall. We reached a door positioned at the end, and she grasped the knob before pushing it open and holding it so that I could step inside. I was attacked with the smell of smoke and sex, and I held my breath before breathing in and out through my mouth. My eyes roamed the room, landing on just who I expected to be here. 

Darren, Burk, and Hank were all seated, women hanging all over each of them. Tammy brushed past me before sinking down onto Darren, who didn’t hesitate to give me a malevolent grin before burying his face into her neck. I just locked my eyes onto the big shot, my boots thudding on the floor as I clomped toward him. I fished the thing out of my pocket before I pulled it out, throwing it on the small table in front of him. I set my jaw, and he smiled at me.

“Well, if it isn’t the man of the hour.” Hank stated, putting the cigarette to his lips and dragging.

“Mm. It’s there.” I nodded my head to the bag, shoving my hands into my pockets and tilting my chin up just slightly.

“Oh, don’t be like that, Niall. Join us.” Darren slurred, pulling his lips from Tammy’s skin. She looked genuinely fearful, and the strain was taking it’s toll on me to be in the same room with the boy that caused Bleu so much grief.

“No thanks. I’m just here to get the job done and leave.” I said, my eyes not leaving Hank.

The room got eerily silent, and I could feel the pain in my jaws from how hard I was clenching them.

“Very well. But Niall-” He said as I turned to leave, and I froze again, closing my eyes just briefly. “I have one more job for you.”

“No. You said this was the last one.”

He had leaned forward to crush his cigarette in the ashtray, and now he looked at me through washed out green eyes, faded and hard from the years of his…occupation.

“Do I need to remind you just exactly why you’re doing this?” He asked, and I turned my head, fighting the anger.

“No. I’m reminded every damn day.” I growled, blinking before turning my gaze back to his face. “What is it you want?” I asked, unprepared for his answer.

“Now, this is the biggest yet. It doesn’t require much work, just a bit of persuasion, but I’m sure you can do it. At least, she’ll listen to you.”

“Get on with it.” I said, my heart sinking because he sounded so smug.

“I want to meet her.” He said, a glint in his eye.

My heart dropped and the anger crashed over my entire being like a tidal wave. “No! Absolutely not.”

The girls jumped as my voice boomed through the room, even Darren looking a bit startled.

“Now, don’t act like that. You don’t even know what I have planned.”

“I don’t care, you’re not getting anywhere near her.” I ground out, and he frowned.

“Boy, I was around her longer than you ever thought I was.”

His voice was deeper and louder than mine, causing the other two to look down at the ground. I just held my ground, too pissed to care what he might do to me. We stared at each other for a bit until he visibly relaxed, sinking into the couch again.

“Now, what I was going to say. I’m having a party, a dinner party, a ball, if you will-”

“I won’t.” I interrupted, but he ignored it.

“And I would like for you to be there. My treat for all the…errands you’ve run for me. Invite her, I want to see how she turned out.”

“After you put her through hell?” I spat, and he glared.

“I didn’t do a thing to your precious Bleu.”

“No you had your little minions do it for you.”

“Niall, stop.” He demanded, and I looked down at the carpet.

“It’s a formal event, and by that, I mean the whole shebang. Its at the house, you know where it is, on the 26th. Bring her, and it’ll all be over.” He stated, and I nodded my head tightly once. I turned on my heel, striding for the door. 

Bleu's POV

I was woken up to a very loud banging on my front door, and it snapped me out of a horrible dream. I checked the clock, wondering who the hell would want to come to my house at three in the morning. But I got up, because they were persistent and it sounded urgent. I put on my slippers, rubbing my eyes as I walked down the hall and into the foyer. I unlocked the door, pulling it open to reveal a very angry, anxious looking Niall. He just stood there, staring at me with this pleading look that scared me so bad because I had no idea what was wrong.

“Niall? What’s wrong?” He breathed deeply, bracing himself with a hand on either side of the doorway.

“Can I come in?”

“O-Of course.” I stammered, holding the door open wider and letting him inside. 

We sat on my couch, his elbows on his knees and his back slumped over. He just stared straight ahead, and I curled up on the other side, my t-shirt covering most of my body. I was looking at him, trying to judge if he was okay or not. Right as I opened my mouth to say something, he beat me to it.

“Bleu, can I please stay the night?” I shut my mouth, furrowing my brow.

“What? Why?”

His gaze snapped to me, and he looked so vulnerable and I hated it, and so I just nodded my head, unable to stop the words from stumbling out of my mouth. “Yes. Yeah, you can, of course. Just, why, Niall?”

“First, just hold me. Please. I can’t-” He took a deep breath, looking away from me and I was so worried he might be at a breaking point, for what I didn’t know. “I can’t do this. Not without you right now.”

He was confusing me, but I couldn’t get a word in.

“And I don’t want you to hate me for what I’ve done.”

“Done what?” I asked, scooting down the couch and putting my small hands on his broad back, and he sucked in a breath.

“Everything. My past, and what I’m doing now. It’s so dangerous for you, and I pray to God that you don’t have something done to you because I’m so selfish.” “Niall, you’re scaring me.” “I know, Baby, and I’m sorry. But I do it to protect you.”

“Do what, Niall?” He was being so vague, but he finally met my gaze.

“I’ll tell you soon. But I just need to feel you tonight.” He said, and I nodded. I stood up, grabbing his hands and leading him to my bedroom, our breathing the only sound in the dark house.

I helped him with his shirt once we stood in the middle of the bedroom, pulling it over his arms before dropping it on the floor, my hands finding his chiseled abdomen. My trembling fingers reached for his belt buckle, and though I couldn’t see him, I knew he was staring intently down at me. He shucked his jeans, kicking off his boots in the process as I left him, climbing into my big bed and waiting for him to climb in. Slowly he made his way, and I wrapped myself around him, holding his close to me as we lay on our sides. His hands rested on my waist while I arms wrapped tightly around his shoulders, my heart aching at the broken sound of his breathing.

“Thank you, Bleu.” he spoke in the dark, his voice stronger then I thought.

“Just go to sleep, Baby. I’ll be here when you wake up.” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 11.2K 36
Ellie Wilson was never a fan of One Direction, so when Harry Styles walked into the book store she worked nights at, she didn't think twice. When she...
162K 5.4K 16
[Book 2 of the MY GIRL Trilogy] Harry and Thea return to Holmes Chapel after a storm destroyed their treehouse. When they meet again this time, Harry...
611K 37.2K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
304K 7.3K 46
He was forbidden to ever be happy, because of what he was. She had no idea of the boy with curly brown hair and electric green eyes who watched her...