Chapter 22

Niall's POV

We pulled up to the restaurant and I swung into a spot as close to the door as I could get. I was doing well just to keep both of my hands on the wheel as I drove, but my eyes were another thing. When I helped her out of the car, I shut the door and stepped up on the curb where she was waiting for me. I slid my arm behind her, walking by her side. I couldn’t resist resting my hand on her arse again, cupping it lightly and chuckling as she gasped, trying to swat my touch away.

“Don’t fight it, baby, or it’ll just be worse.” I said, and she huffed as I opened the door for her. “Alright, close your eyes.” I whispered in her ear, smirking when she visibly shuddered.

“Why?”

“Just do it.” I said, squeezing where my hand was rested again. She complied, setting her mouth in a thin line. “Alright, I’ll lead you.” I said, trailing my fingers down the smooth skin of her arm as I led her through the restaurant, glancing back to make sure she wasn’t peeking. As we rounded the corner and the crows saw us, I held a finger to my lips, shushing them. They nodded, a few chuckles passing through them. 

“Alright, open up.” I said, situating myself behind her. She opened her eyes, and when she saw everyone, she took a step back into me, and I could picture the surprise on her face.

“What?” She breathed, and then I thought she was going to loose it when Nicole stepped out. “Nicole!” She squealed, right as Nicole screeched,

“Bleu!” Bleu was rushed by the taller girl, squeezed before she could take more than two steps. “Oh, God, it’s only been like a week and I’ve missed you so much.” Nicole said, and I smiled.

“I know!”

“Dammit, my mascara is running.” Nicole pulled away, wiping a thumb underneath her eye. Bleu laughed, a loud, pretty laugh that made me smile before helping Nicole clean up. Liam caught my eye, tipping his head up in acknowledgement before he made his way over, returning my handshake and clapping me on the back.  When we pulled away, the girls were giggling like crazy, whispering to each other. Nicole’s eyes flicked to Liam before she leaned in, whispering something that sent them into another fit of laughter.

I looked at Liam the same time he looked at me, listing our eyebrows as he blew out a breath. “Your idea, man.” He said, and I shook my head. 

“Hey, guys.” I heard Bleu’s tinkling voice say, and when I turned she was hugging Nixon. He smiled his friendly smile at her when he pulled away, then turned to talk to Ethan. Good. He knew she was mine. After she’d made her rounds, we found our seats beside Liam and Nicole, settling in until the waiter came. It was buzzing with conversation, so loud that I could hardly hear what Liam was saying and we had to lean around the two girls sitting between us. My arm was slung over the back of Bleu’s chair, and she was turned around, facing Nicole, who was right beside her. “I really like your dress.” Bleu said, rubbing the material between her fingers.

“Yeah, me too.” Liam said, stopping mid sentence to wink at Nicole, who blushed and giggled when she caught Bleu’s eye. I heard Bleu’s deep laugh, her real one that made me smile even though nothing was funny. I tore my gaze away from her, listening to Liam tell me about something with his car. 

Absentmindedly, though I’d have done it anyways, my hand trailed up, brushing the hair away from Bleu’s back and exposing the tanned skin there. The pads of my fingers started to rub across it lightly, just over the edge of the tank top, smiling when I felt goose bumps rise. “Yeah, I’m sure if you go to Bobby he’ll help you find some parts.” I said, offering up my mechanic.

Bleu’s voice stuttered over a word, and Nicole raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure you’re alright, Bleu?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” She said, and jumped back into whatever they’d been talking about. I was smirking, knowing just what I was doing to her, when I felt her hand on my knee, her thumb slowly rubbing back and forth over my jeans. I felt myself still, only focusing on that one touch.