dissolve. nh

By ridicuIed

dissolve is a story about niall horan, professional boxer and popular player, who seems to have his eye on s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
epilogue

Chapter 8

6.2K 174 38
By ridicuIed

We were back at my flat, getting ready for tonight. I'd locked myself in the bathroom after turning on my stereo and blaring music, not wanting to hear anything Nicole had to say to me. Something about 'giving Niall a fair chance' or that 'maybe Liam was right' because all of what he said was bullshit.

It didn't justify Niall's actions, and honestly I don't think anything ever could. But I pushed all of that to the back of my mind, looked at myself in the mirror, took a deep breath, and sucked it up like I always have.

I swept the mascara over my lashes, finishing off my makeup before pulling the straps of my dress up and over my shoulders. The music from my stereo suddenly cut off, the door stopped vibrating, and a soft knock sounded through the wood. I sighed, turning around in the cramped space, and pulled the door open, faced with Nicole's tentative smile.

"Hey." She said softly, and I blew out a breath.

"Hey." Her eyes cast down as she spoke.

"Look, I'm sorry if I said something to hurt you before. Honestly, you've never been one to lie, even if you are dramatic, so if Niall did something to you and you don't like him, then I'm not going to try and stick up for him. But... just remember that you're beautiful, so any boy is going to be attracted to you. Don't let what Darren did to you get in the way." She said, at the end her eyes snapped up to mine, blazing with a sudden fierceness that it made me remember why she was my best friend in the first place.

She reached out her arms and pulled me into her chest, stroking my hair as I inhaled her sweet scent.

"Thanks, Nicole." I said, and it was muffled by her skin.

"It's no problem, babe, really. I'm here for you, promise." She said, and I pulled away. We smiled at each other, and she held out her pinky. I snagged it with mine, and we giggled like we were seven years old again.

We both finished getting ready when a horn honked from outside, signaling Liam's arrival. He volunteered to be the designated driver tonight, and neither me nor Nicole were going to protest that. The only thing I was worried about was them getting friendly and leaving me in the club. Alone.

When we got there, the party was in full swing at ten o'clock, bass thumping through the place and bright lights flashing colors that would make the rainbow hide in shame. Bodies swayed together to the music, eyes closing and swallowing any sanity you'd walk in there with. The breath whooshed out of me as I scanned the room, the humidity eating away at my skin, pressing my hair to my neck and back as I pushed through the crowd.

Nicole and Liam were behind me, her fingers clutching the fabric of my dress as I parted the crowd. We got to a particularly crowded section, and Liam, sensing my struggle, moved to the front, guiding me through by my shoulder. I caught a glimpse of his face in the roving lights, and it wasn't a wonder why people were parting like the red sea.

The music was intoxicating, ranging from sick beats to steady, slow rhythm's. Liam escorted us to the bar, standing behind Nicole and I as we ordered drinks. Nicole shot me a quite impressed look before leaning up to his ear, hand resting on his shoulder. His large one gripped her waist as she spoke to him, his mouth twitching. I couldn't hear what they were saying over the song, and it was difficult enough trying to order my drink.

By the fourth time the bartender yelled 'WHAT?', I was just plain tired of it so I climbed up on the risen platform of the bar and leaned in, screaming out my order. He grinned at me, nodding and turning to grab the alcohol to mix my drink, right in front of my eyes.

When I'd turned around, Nicole was leaning against the bar, looking flustered. She noticed me turned back around, and her eyebrows lifted into her bangs, jutting her thumb at Liam's back over her shoulder. I looked in his direction, noticing as he 'bro-hugged' a smiling man and withdrew before doing the same to another. A red-head leaned in to his ear, eyes flicking over to Nicole and I as a smirk touched his features. Liam let out a loud laugh, eyes closing before shaking his head. He leaned in to the red-heads ear, shouting what sounded like 'My...Nicole...and that's Bleu!'.

My ears perked up, but I reached for my drink, trying not to sound like I was eavesdropping. The bartender shook his head as I tried to pay him, pushing my fist away.

"SATURDAY NIGHT! LADIES GET FREE DRINKS!" He said, gesturing over his shoulder at a sign that indeed insisted on 'Free drinks for the ladies' before using the rag on his shoulder to mop up the soaked counter in front of him. I shrugged, sticking the straw in my mouth before turning back to Nicole.

Unlucky for me, she was pressing herself to Liam's side as she sipped her own drink, nodding as the same man introduced himself to her. She glanced at me, and surprised to find me paying attention to them, hauled me by my arm around to her other side.

"BLEU! THIS IS NIXON!" She shouted, and I nodded at him, extending my hand. His mouth twitched at the corners and his eyes flicked to Liam before taking my hand in his own warm one. This guy looked strangely familiar now that I was seeing his face, gruff and defined yet holding a trace of childishness. He was handsome, almost seeming fit to be a Burberry model in the right line, his jawbone chiseled to perfection.

"Hello, Bleu!" He said, leaning into my ear to speak. He wasn't too close, just friendly, and I smiled at him, appreciating the kindness.

"Hello! Have I seen you before?" I asked, and he grinned at Liam, suddenly breaking out into a loud, deep laugh.

"I don't know, love! Maybe!" He said, winking to the other guys. They introduced themselves to me as Vic and Ethan, both burly looking men, bigger than both Liam and Nixon, and looking as if they could crush both of them.

Soon we all jumped into conversation, and I was doing alright, laughing at Vic's corny jokes and Ethan rolling his eyes at every one, all of us cracking smiles if not chuckling. It was when I'd taken a sip of drink that my heart almost exploded as Nixon asked Liam if he'd been training with Niall at all at the gym. My eyes grew wide and I sputtered, Nicole looking over and clapping me on the back as everyone's gaze turned on me.

"Y-you fight too, Liam?" I asked, clutching my drink in my free hand as I coughed once more. He nodded, setting his jaw.

"I told you I knew Niall."

"You didn't say you fought!" Nicole stated, shocked at the news herself. He shrugged, looking toward the men, whose eyes were still trained on me.

"You never asked hun." He retaliated, and Nicole dropped it because his voice was dangerously low.

"So, you know Niall?" Nixon asked, his green eyes darkening under the red lights. I had a feeling he already knew the answer as I nodded my head, grumbling,

"Yeah, I know him." I said, and he smirked.

"Oooh, so this is Bleu?!" Ethan exclaimed, which earned his a smack in the back of his blonde head from Vic.

"Duh, man!" Liam said, and Ethan shrugged, rubbing his head lightly.

"That hurt." He told Vic, whose eyes danced with a playful viciousness.

"Wasn't supposed to feel good." He growled, and Nixon laughed.

"Alright, guys, cut it out. You're scaring the ladies." He said, nodding toward Nicole and I. Nicole's eyes were blown even wider than normal, and she nodded when he gestured at us. I shrugged though, blinking lazily.

"Doesn't really bother me. I grew up around boxing." I said, and Nixon looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Really?"

"Yeah, my dad was a boxer, and he used to fight on weekends." I said, and his expression showed impression. He nodded at Liam's, who let out a low breath as his eyes darkened, tugging Nicole closer.

"Shall we dance?" Nicole asked, breaking the silence that had settled over us. Liam nodded, and she grabbed his hand and mine, tugging us toward the sea of thumping bodies.

We found ourselves swimming through the crowd, falling into step immediately. I closed my eyes, letting the warmth of the alcohol and the song take me away. I peaked to find Nicole grinding herself on Liam, and I turned away, leaving them to it. I threw my hands up in the air, following everyone else in the room, my hips swaying back and forth as strangers brushed up against me. My middle finger pointed toward the ceiling, wishing I could shove it anyone's face who'd ever hurt me.

I felt hands on my hips, and my eyes snapped open because they felt so foreign that it scared me. I whirled around, faced with the dark smile of one of the most gorgeous strangers I think I'd ever seen.

"Well don't you look, hot, eh?" He asked, the Irish accent think with lack of sobriety. I gasped outwardly, clutching my drink in my hand and holding myself steady on his shoulder.

"Um, who are you?" I asked him, leaning my face away as he got closer and closer...

"Gage. And what might your name be, babe?" He asked, using the back of his finger to stroke my cheek. I grimaced, though I tried to hide it, and jerked my face away. Something about this guy rubbed me the wrong way.

"Bleu. Um, can I help you?" I asked, and he smiled a sick smile, swaying us back and forth, no where close to the beat of the music.

"Yeah, come with me." He said, his voice deepening, become harsh and rough. He pulled away, gripping my wrist far to tightly and tugging me behind him.

"Hey!" I yelled, trying to wrestle him away. He was too strong, for me, at least, and it was no use. I looked backward, desperately searching the crowd for someone, anyone, Liam, Nixon, Vic, Ethan....Niall. Anyone.

He successfully pulled me to a quieter part of the club, slamming me up against the wall so hard that I saw stars.

"Ow!" I yelped, and he trapped my arms above my head, my drink long gone in the midst of bodies. I squeezed my eyes shut as his face nuzzled my head to the side, exposing my neck to his mouth.

"Mmm, you smell so good." He said, trailing a finger down my side as he pressed a wet kiss to the underside of my jaw.

My breath's were coming in ragged gasps, and I screeched as he bit down. I tried to wiggled my knee in between us so I could nail him where it hurts, but he caught on quickly, using his free head to push it back down and trap it against the wall with his own leg.

"No, no, no, Bleu. Don't try that," He said, his voice leaking nightmares.

"It would ruin my plans." He whispered in my ear, tugging harshly on my ear. I whimpered, scared out of my mind but trying not to show it. My body betrayed me, a tear leaking out from my eye.

Suddenly his weight was flown from me, and I saw a coif of blonde hair move to punch him in the face, and Gage was out cold, sprawled out on his back.

Niall stood upright, breathing heavily and eyes blazing. He turned to me, and I don't know if it was from being scared, relieved that it was over, or if I was relieved that he was here, but I flung myself into his arm, wrapping my arms around his neck. He caught me, one arm around my waist as his free hand moved to smooth back my hair. I held in a sob, Niall only asking me one thing.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked, and I shook my head, burying my face in his neck and finally letting go a sharp breath. No words were exchanged after that, but I heard the shuffling of feet and Nixon's voice.

"She okay?" He asked, and I felt Niall nod. I heard Vic and Ethan converse in the background about who was going to drag Gage into the alley.

"I'll take her home." Niall said, his voice husky and low, and I still clung to his muscular frame.

"Alright. See you tomorrow." Nixon said, and Niall nodded once more before gently pulling my body off of his and tucking me under his large arm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.6K 2.3K 57
"this is the end." © at hxran1D, 2016.
1.1M 30.5K 38
Ayla is a sweet, pure little girl from heaven which is quite odd since her mother is Nemesis of divine retribution and revenge who doesn't like human...
266K 11.1K 60
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
54.7K 1.3K 53
" Addison, I swear its not what it looks like." " To me, it seems like you like me." I feel stupid for letting Addison know that I like her. ~~~ Or i...