The Foster Girl || Harry Styl...

By SmileForNiallx

(IN EDITING) Hi. I'm Nicole Miller and I've been in foster care since I was born seventeen years ago. I've mo... More

- 1 -
- 2 -
- 3 -
- 4 -
- 5 -
- 6 -
- 7 -
- 8 -
- 9 -
- 11 -
- 12 -
- 13 -
- 14 -
- 15 -
- 16 -
- 17 -
- 18 -
- 19 -
- 20 -
- 21 -
- 22 -
- 23 -
- 24 -
- 25 -
- 26 -
- 27 -
- 28 -
- 29 -
- 30 -
- 31 -
- 32 -
- 33 -
- 34 -
- 35 -
- 36 -
- 37 -
- 38 -
- 39 -
- 40 -
- 41 -
- 42 -
- 43 -
- 44 -
- 45 -
- 46 -
- 47 -
- 48 -
- 49 -
- 50 -
- 51 -
- 52 -
- 53 -
- 54 -
- 55 -
- 56 -
- 57 -
- 58 -
- 59 -
Epilogue

- 10 -

59.8K 1.8K 355
By SmileForNiallx

***Nicole’s Point Of View***

“Helloooo,” I heard someone call from the foyer. I was in the living room watching TV. “I’m home!” calls the same voice. I get up to see who it is. A girl with chocolate colored curly brown hair and green eyes that reminded me of Harry’s stood looking around.

“Hi,” I say.

“Oh, hi! I’m Gemma,” she introduces.

“Nicole.”

A look of realization crosses her face. “You’re the foster girl! Right?” I smile and nod. “Harry’s told me so much about you! Sorry I haven’t been around lately. University’s kept me busy,” she says rolling her eyes. “It’s great to finally meet you,” she adds, smiling warmly.

“You too,” I say, returning the friendliness.

“So…is anyone home or…?”

“Anne went out grocery shopping and Harry went to hang out with the lads, but he should be home soon. Robin’s at work,” I explain. She smiles.

“When isn’t he?” she chuckles. “I hate to ask, but I have quite a lot of stuff to unpack. Could you help me carry my things inside?”

“Of course!” I respond happily.

I noticed her fancy white sports car. Everyone in the family had one of their own. Well, except for me of course, but it’s not like I’d expected one. In fact if they gave me a car on top of everything else then I don’t even know if I would be able to accept it.

I grab two bags, one for each arm, and walk inside up to Gemma’s room. She was right behind me carrying two bags of her own. I put them down on the floor.

“Thank you,” she says.

“No problem.”

“So,” she says, plopping a bag onto her bed and unzipping it. “How do you like living here so far? I know my family’s a little weird, but I’m obligated to love them,” she jokes as she begins putting her things away. I laugh.

“Actually your family is probably the most normal one I’ve ever stayed with.”

“How many have you stayed with?”

“This is my fifteenth.” Gemma’s eyes go wide. “I know,” I say

“Are your friends all jealous?” she asks, smirking. “I know my brother has quite a lot of girls chasing after him. Literally. Most of them would kill to be you.”

I highly doubted anyone would want my life, even if it included Harry Styles, but of course I didn’t tell Gemma that.

“Yeah, I guess. I mean, I move a lot. I don’t really have a lot of long term friends,” I explain. That’s when I remember that I still haven’t told Molly about Harry yet. Shit.

“Well that’s gotta suck,” she says.

“It does, trust me.”

“You mean to tell me you’ve been spending the past few weeks stuck talking to a bunch of boys with no females to socialize with besides my mother?”

I laugh. “No, I have a best friend that I talk to. Her name’s Molly, but I haven’t seen her in years.”

“Well, that sucks too.”

“Tell me about it.”

I liked talking to Gemma. She seemed…I don’t know, real? Like I could talk to her about anything and she would somehow understand, even if she didn’t…if that made any sense.

“What about the band? Have you got your eye on any of the lads?” she asks curiously as she grinned at me.

“I guess you could say that,” I say, smiling to myself.

“Who?” I was about to answer when she stopped me. “Wait, let me guess…Harry. You’re crushing on my brother. Damn, I should’ve known. You seem so innocent! I knew there had to be a scandalous side to you!”

I laugh. “No, trust me! Harry and I are just good friends. However the other night Liam kissed me…” I admit.

“Ooh,” she says, winking. “That’s a shame. I would’ve pegged you and Harry as a cute couple to be honest.” My face turned red. “But whatever. If you like Liam back, then good for you,” she says, smiling. “I should’ve known he would be the first to make a move. I don’t care what the magazines say, Liam is definitely the flirty one of the group. I mean, Haz is a real ladies man, but Liam…he doesn’t rest. Not until he gets what he wants.”

“What does he want?” I ask.

“Well in this case, it appears to be you,” she says, looking up and smiling at me before going back to unpacking. “You do like him back, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“What do you mean you guess?” she asks, not accepting my answer.

“I mean I like him. He’s a great guy and he seems really nice…” I trail off.

“But do you like him as more than a friend is what I’m asking.”

I thought about it. “I do,” I admit. “The only problem is that…from what Harry’s told me he’s kind of a heartbreaker, and that’s sort of the last thing I need.”

She looks at me weird for a moment. “Harry told you Liam’s a heartbreaker?” she asks, her hands on her hips. I nod, confused. She thinks for a moment. “Did he show you that room downstairs?” she asks knowingly.

“Yeah, why?”

She nods, understanding the situation now. I was still lost. “He likes you,” she tells me, totally sure of her statement.

“You know, you’re the third person who’s told me that.”

“Because it’s true,” she states.

“Why does everyone think that? Harry and I are just friends.”

“Liam is the last person who would break anyone’s heart. He’s a flirt, yes, but he cares about a girl’s emotions more than anything in the world. He has trouble breaking up with people because he’s afraid to hurt their feelings. I have no doubt Harry told you the opposite just so you would stop liking Liam. Plus, you should hear how Harry talks about you. He called you gorgeous,” she tells me. I blush.

“He did?” I ask, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

“Oh yeah. Apparently you looked absolutely stunning in that red dress you wore the other night with the silver heels. By the way, in case you were wondering, he loves your smile. It’s probably his favorite physical feature of you. Did you know you also like the same kind of ice cream as my brother? And that you’re incredibly kind and sweet? You’re also strong and shy around new people and funny and warm…”

“He called me warm?” I ask, laughing. She nods.

“Apparently you’re also adorable when you sleep, and you crinkle your nose when you laugh, and-“

“Okay,” I say, stopping her and smiling. “I get the idea.”

I had no clue he noticed so much about me, let alone that he explained all this to his sister. Maybe he knows me better than I thought.

She smiles. “That room he showed you? He told me that the only people he would allow to see it were musicians who he thought he would record with one day, and if he ever met a girl he really liked he would show her as an exception. I only know about it because I live here. Of course Mum and Dad know too, but besides that, you’re special to him.”

My face was probably the color of a tomato by the time she was done talking. I could feel the heat in my cheeks.

She chuckles. “I bet it’s driving him insane that you’re with Liam.”

“I’m not with Liam,” I correct. “All we did was kiss.”

“Trust me. In Liam’s head, that wasn’t just some kiss. That was an invitation. In Harry’s head, it was probably the end of the world. I know for a fact he believes he’s got no chance with you. He told me last night.”

I bite my lip. “How do you know so much?”

“I’m pretty sure the boys have all hit on me at least once in the past three years. None of them have ever really succeeded, but I know how most of them operate. Plus, I’ve seen them win over their past girlfriends.”

“Wow,” I breathe out.

“I know. The struggles of knowing Harry Styles,” she says jokingly.

“Gossiping about me ladies?” Harry asks as he appears in the doorway, smirking.

“Haz!” Gemma squeals, rushing over to hug him. They had their brother-sister moment.

“How much of that did you hear?” I ask.

“Just that apparently it’s a struggle to know me,” he says, sending a dirty look at his sister. She laughs.

“You know I love you,” she assures, chuckling.

“You better,” he mutters.

I laugh too.

“Why? Is there something juicy I missed?” he asks sarcastically. I smile, rolling my eyes.

“I’m going to go talk to Molly,” I say, getting up from my spot on Gemma’s bed and walking down the hall to my room.

I shut the door and logged into Skype, texting her to go online. When she’s on I call her and try to think of how to explain my situation.

I can’t believe I forgot to mention it.

“Hey,” she says when she answers.

“Hey! What’s up?”

“Nothing much. I just got back from taking Bruno for a walk,” she says, referring to her bulldog. “What about you? Enjoying the rich life?” She smirks.

I roll my eyes, smiling. “Actually, yes I am. But I’m not calling to brag. Guess what?”

“What?” she asks excitedly. I was going to tell her about Harry, but I choked up. What if she’s mad I didn’t tell her sooner?

“I have a twin sister!” I tell her instead.

“Seriously?! How did you find out?!” she asks excitedly.

Shit.

“Well-“ I start, about to tell her that I’m living with a member of her favorite band.

“NICOLE!” Harry screamed, bursting into the room and cutting off my sentence.

Molly froze.

AUTHORS NOTE

heyy so it's only been like a day since the last update so here's a present from me to you<3 only cause I love you all so much. and cause Id rather write than do my homework. HOW ABOUT HARRYS EMOTIONS HE SHARED WITH GEMMA LIKE OMG SOMEONES IN LOVE leave your opinions/reactions XD Drop a comment with what you think Molly's reaction will be :) hehehe And get excited cuz some fun stuff is coming up. don't forget to vote and let me know what you think! thanks for reading :3 byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3.3K 22
Please - Hi, I'm Emily Warburton, and I live with a broken family in a broken home, and to top it all off, I am bullied, bullied by the one person I...
245K 8.6K 41
I hate talking, being touched, social interaction anything that involves with people. I just hate people in general. I have been tossed out of my fos...
54.8K 927 41
Hi I'm Evan Styles. I'm 15 years old. I'm from homes chapel, England. My brother is Harry Styles. But One Direction ended 5 years ago while I was 10...
46.2K 832 30
Hey. I’m Jaycee. I’m seven-teen, and adopted. I have a six-teen year old adopted sister named Nicole but she likes to be called Nikkie, so make sure...