Disenchanted Discord-A Fairy...

By nicollettenikki

Once upon a time, a girl awoke lost in forgotten memories of past generations traveling far and beyond the c... More

Disenchanted Discord-Ch.1{A Storytellers Tale}
Disenchanted Discord-Chapter 2-Dubbed the Mischievous One
Disenchanted Discord Ch.3 -The Duo Of Rain Dropped Arrows-Read.Listen
Disenchanted Discord Ch.4-The Mermaid & Her Umbrella Loverrr..Respond.Recommend!

Disenchanted Discord-Ch.5-A Mischevous Trick, Up.-Chapter End._

79 0 0
By nicollettenikki

Title: Disenchanted Discord

Ch. 5-A Mischievous Trick.. Up.

Euria whistled merrily as we walked on. I pondered what Bellatrix said casting glances towards Euria and Loki wondering if they..

"If they are what..?" She intones curtly. She's been silent for awhile so I'm token aback by her sudden voice sullen as it may be.

"When did you check back in?" I cheekily reply.

"I've been watching your progression and I'm impressed." I smile happily for some reason.

"And also disappointed you've neither detached nor noticed the threat."

"Threat.?" I utter mumbling. I brood this over, her words. 

Euria picks up step to an unknown path ahead. While Loki almost finches at the word. I needless listen on to her little rant.

"Yes you need to be protective of that book or else you will unlock, break the chain." She purrs.

"What are you babbling on about !?“

But she's gone and my minds left blank with a headache at trying to figure all this out.

"Your going to lose everything, you insolent girl. How are you possibly so blindly stupid?" She hisses, harsh and bitter.

"Well if that's is all then could you please lower your volume." I angrily whisper waiting. She's quiet as I like her to be.

"Euria where in the world are we going?" Loki stammers clearly irritated.

"Somewhere only," He stops eventually in the front of a nest of long brown barked tree's. The wood worn and strong standing and not a shed of light in sight. Once again another mystical place. Yet the tree's themselves look so ordinary, from my world almost. With their greenery and forest like smell. Nothing special at all. Till I see the glow, luminous and radiant. In the cracks of the wood and throughout the roots.

"Hello, Euria.."

I poke at him humorous till he turns and puts a bejewel water capsule finger to his lips and shushes me with a gleam in his eye.

"Someone awoke on the wrong side of the river this morning," I jokingly say to Loki but he's quiet too.

Then I peer ahead as the ground groans and rumbles like a stomach. The tree's shake and become illumined like a million fire flies and candles its an electric effect if I say so. Especially in this darkness bleak.

"She's awoken the ancient goddess of the forest, the matter of life’s creation and being." Euria somberly says all knowing.

Euria clasps his hands and brings an offering I suppose, of water. Whist Loki once again fades in a side of the darkness shadows. I'm bewildered to it all really.

"What,"

I'm speechless as one of the beautiful tree's transform into a luminous shape and walks forth perching her lips on Euria's head he walks away towards Loki. My pulse and heartbeat is racing. Her yellowish glowing orbs of eyes  darts over to me. I feverishly blush this is so surreal. She's oddly graceful for a tree that's been  earthbound for so long.

"I'm Charu, how are," She silences me with the brush of her wooden fingers. Instead beckoning me. I'm near her in one panicky quicken breathe. She holds me and I hear her voice.

"Child of man, teller of tales. your name dear little one is as its foretold Tusitala . You life is not here. You are but a foreigner, intruder but friend nor foe to these people. Your true life my dear is back in a little bookshop, would you like to go back, to them?" She warmly asks.

Her voice is that a soothing mother. I nod shyly as the memories flood back and pour into me. Tear's bubble at the corners of my eyes. I miss them my father, and mother of our little coffee bookstore. Everything’s familiar there. I close my eyes and I can smell the brew and humm of the coffee maker and the shuffling of the books and papers. Even my father indistinctly speaking worried tones with my mother.

"Why hasn't she come back from the delivery..?" My mothers cries out sobbing.

"Don't fret dear the police will find her no doubt." My fathers words were but a comfort to my worried mother.

I move through the house. As the goddess vanishes. I'm a ghost here sadly I don't feel it my presence or the weight of my footfalls. I'm not in this house that night I had too go somewhere. A customer was in some dire need for her favorite book. I stare at the little lounge with it quaint coffee table and loveseat so soft and comfortable we'd often find our guests sleeping with a good book. The fireplace warming them in its faint flickers. Then I see it right there. The book, the whole reason I'm trapped here. I make a grab for it and then hear a quiver and a soft moan on the hard wooden floorboards. Glancing up I see him, Loki before me and everything shakes and breaks. Twisting in such a way that its painful and gut-wrenching for me. He's solid here giving me one of those dare mischievous grins.

"Loki, what are you," My voice is so quiet and faint here, its but a whisper.

"Hmm your more, idiotic then I thought." It stings but I'm not understanding his meaning or the way he seems to be changing before me.

"I knew the moment, I saw you that you were the teller. You had a glow about you it was irresistible, it was hard for me to ever be so close given what I am." He haughtily says with a red tint to his eyes.

"hehe, but you more small-minded then a simple writer. You've lead me to it, so easily it was like a cat and its weak-minded prey. Did you know Loki also means trickster, of course not!" He humorous says.

His body slowly becoming more aggressive, his hair slowly growing along with his shape his stitched body and clothes slowly wrap into bandages and his stitches are gone. His voice once shy is now powerful and preaching, puncturing at me. Then the raven appears in the already darkening room. It lands softly its beady black  eyes staring me down. An ugly black fellow if I may say so.

"Your Condemned aren’t you..? Your killing others and their stories! how could you..?!  I gasp the oxygen hurts my lungs.

I'm suffocating as the room is enshrouded in dust and an almost oblivion. His eyes wicked he laughs happily gripping me with slender fingers dripped in the blackest ink. He holds me in such a way as terrifyingly painful its like someone toke all the air I needed and was letting it slip little by little what a painful way to die. Chocking and whatnot.

"You'd never understand the agony and misery! I sacrificed them if I didn't I would have died. Losing my own will to life.” He snarls glaring at me.

"You are but a moral, and do not and will not understand the hardships of peril. My selfishness will save many others like I. We will retake what was meant for us all along in this little fairy tale fiction." He growls and I feel myself stinking away I cannot stop this, I can't even control it.

"And that is..?" I hoarsely retort angrily clinging onto the little book. But he rips it away from me. Spotting it as I do damn.

"We, with this magnitude of power  I shall be more than you, and them. We will be gods." His eyes almost have a child-like glow at that.

"You, will perish Loki." I breathlessly say.

"Oh is that so..?" He opens the book and starts tearing away at the beloved stories as it cries, in a muffled shriek.

 My eyes dilate as the room disorients spinning around me. He's growing more and emitting a nasty little smoke that stupefies me and intoxicates me.

"That is enough Loki!" Someone screams furiously. I recognize that voice, it cannot be!

"Bellatrix.." I grasps.

He drops me quickly fastening and tearing more pages as they scatter and fly. I'm sinking into the cushions getting lightheaded and dizzy. Then everything stops Loki, and Bellatrix. But I hear the ticking of an old cuckoo clock.

"Oh bother and bumble." A quiet voice muttered displeased. Its not her the one who speaks in my head. Am I going crazy..?

"Hello, is anyone home." She inquires stepping through the little doorway. Hmm its her alright Miss Evelyn the writer an errectic.

An author to be and writer down the street that would constantly pester me to no end. With her bewitching looks and bouncing curls and womanly figure. All eyes were on her once she stepped thought our shop. Wearing the most odd little outfits from different times. Yet she never noticed all the attention. She would bring me snacks and read me her latest novel, ideals.

With awestrucken realization I knew she'd written the world I've been trapped in. I couldn't believe it! It was so obvious, I just must've been sleeping through it. I shook my head ashamed. Was she but a witch..? I eyeballed her but too weak to respond once I saw her come in. She sat in her favorite chair a turquoise love seat imported from England. She was grinning from ear to ear. Dripping some water on my with her scented handkerchief.

“Oh, dear I thought you'd get it figured out. Sooner then this dearest." Her lovely burrows crinkle as I sullen glaring at her. She toke me through heaven, hell, and paradise. But without asking my permission.

"What a mass! I sent Bellatrix but it was too late it seems. I didn’t know you'd reach the forest. I'm truly and terribly sorry." She utters clinging to me with that radiant reassuring smile of hers.

“What are you a witch, I want to go home." I exclaimed and demanded. Scowling at her She clamped my hand embracing me boldly looking at me.

"You shall, but first do you have the other book that Loki holds. Its  but a decoy. I needed to find its original somehow it got lost. But I couldn't enter unlike your elfin innocent self." She blurts excited as I catch my breath gulping it up. She hands me a hot cup of coco.

"What was it like?" Finally calm and collected I silently forgive her. She was never too good at reading moods. She's also the Aunt I never had in my little family of three.

"It was magical, adventurous, dangerous, and simply wonderfully disenchanted." I reply gently. Thank you.

"NO need you've done well! You've saved many of my dying creations even stopped an unknowing war of writers block." She cracks a joke.

"Miss Evelyn what are we to do about them..?" I ask serious.

She glances before us, I point at the manically devilish Loki and determined Bellatrix at the ready to engage in some battle.

"Oh them, Hmm lets see, here give me your book." I shakily hand it to her feeling its weight. She walks over grabbing all the fallen pages reattaching them and scribbles something and then Bellatrix, and Loki and his little Benevolent bird are no more.

"Where are they..?" She smiles down at me.

"You'll see, child of man. Honestly I've always favored the line with its almost biblical god-ness." She laughs.

She beams binding them both repairing them instantly as they glom and gleamed. With a little girl that looks identical to me but in a way not. She hugs it to her.

"Its to be called Disenchanted Discord, its to be the title most fitting is it not..?" She inquires warmly.

"It makes sense to me."

"Oh, dear I've forgotten your still not all the way through she furiously writes as I feel it a painstaking pull and push. I'm smothering gasping air and then I faint. Everything going black.

"Darling are you okay..?" Someone. No its my mother asks. I feel groggy and tired. Waking up. My mom and dad embrace me tightly.

"Mom! Dad! I grapple at them hugging them both hard. I hear Miss Evelyn in the background with the police. Her story..

"She simply collapsed at my door in the heavy rain trying to give me my order. Then as you know all the electricity in town blow with the coming hurricane. I toke her in and keep her warm till it was okay to go outside. I look at her curiously while she winks at me everything checking out.

_One year later_

I've finally received a job at our shop. Miss Evelyn went on to making a series of our little adventure. I'm told I remind people of the lead girl. I still miss dearly my friends of that world. Loki, Euria, and Bellatrix. I zone out looking longing at the downpour outside as it fogs out the glass. Something cuts my trance water drops falling onto me. What.. the..?

"Um, excuse me?" A  husky voice utters.

And then I see the umbrella with its tear-shaped handle and the odd jewelry of water. The patchwork of clothes with a stitch too many misplaced and feathers littering the floor. They speak in unison.

"We'd like to purchase this err Disenchanted Discord." I smile at them all almost laughing to myself.

"We hear its got quite the plot." Euria grins at me. .

The END..

Author’s Notes: Thank you, too anyone who read and enjoyed this story as much as I did reading it.  Goodbye now dear readers, and writers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4.7M 252K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...