Love Just Isn't Safe (Paul La...

By Maybeline17

Elsa Swan has a secret that no one else knows and she isn't ready to tell anyone. But now she's come home to... More

Love Just Isn't Safe (Paul LaHote)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author's Note
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

6.2K 127 37
By Maybeline17

I walked into the school with my usual head-high attitude. Though I was very wary of my surroundings, Paul was sure to be watching my every move today. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that he was going to be in every class I was. Which could only mean that I wouldn't get a moment to myself today. Though, there was one class I was sure that he wouldn't be in and that's my singing class. A small smile made it's way onto my lips at this realization.

"Well, well, what have we here?" Paul's voice came from behind me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and tucked me into his side. "If it isn't my new best friend Elsa!" he announces to the entire world.

"Paul, shut up," I try wriggling from his grasp but he doesn't make a move to release me. Instead he pulls me closer, if that's even possible. "I don't want the entire world to know you're my body guard, people already don't like me as it is."

"Why is that?" he seemed genuinely confused.

"Do you see the looks that all of these girls are giving me now that I'm back in town? They already know that you aren't going to look their way now." I'm not a conceited person, but it's true. Ever since Paul and I met, he has looked at no other girl. Well, except for her.

Paul looks around seeing a posse of girls looking my way with not so nice looks. "Why would that bother you when you've got the guys and me to hang out with?" There was an edge to his voice that made me feel a little bad.

"Because sometimes I just wish that I would have someone to hang out with that isn't one of you. It just reminds me of what happened last time I was here. Besides, you know I prefer to be holed up in my room with my fictional characters rather than interact with living human beings." I admitted without blinking an eye. Paul already knows to never ask me a question unless he wants a legitimate answer.

Paul tensed up, and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "There's not a moment that goes by that I don't feel bad about what happened Elsa, but everything will be different if you just give me another chance." We came to my locker and he gently pushed me against the door. "But there is something that you are not telling me isn't there?" he whispered. "There's a reason why you're pushing me away, why you're pushing all of us away." he accused.

I look up at him wide-eyed, "There's nothing that you don't know, that I haven't already told you LaHote." For some reason I make no move to escape his burning gaze.

Paul shakes his head, "You're lying to me." he says firmly. Then said nothing for a moment, and gave out a gentle sigh as if he gave up trying to read my eyes. "But that's okay, I don't expect you to trust me so quickly. With time you'll trust me enough. I believe that." He reached up and caressed my cheek.

I close my eyes and hold back the urge to lean into his touch because it was so warm and my skin is still so cold from the air outside. Everything about this moment made my breath leave my lungs. But this could never happen, not again. Though, not because I'm afraid of him hurting me again, but because I wouldn't live to see out wedding. Someone else could make him far happier than me. "Why? I've been so horrible, purposefully horrible to you. Why can't you take a flipping hint?" Tears threatened to spill over my lids.

Paul puts both hands on the sides of my face, almost looking pained at the tears that have trickled down my face, "Because that's not what we do to each other is it, Little Wolf? We don't abandon each other." He wiped the tears away with my thumb.

I sigh and shake my head, "You choose now of all times to bring up our little pact? Are you serious?" He was being so unreasonable.

Paul grins, "Super serious." He grasps my hand in both of his. "As long as you're on suicide watch." he teases, "You're never getting out of my sight, that will be enough. For now." He kissed my hand, then leaned forward quickly and kissed my forehead.

He lingered there for a few moments before dragging his nose down the side of my face and down to my neck, breathing in. Paul stepped ever so slightly closer, almost completely concealing me from view as he continued.

Paul's lips gently touched my collarbone making me gasp and hold back a small moan. My breathing went uneven as his lips dragged across my chest and back up the other side of my face to meet my eyes. "Nice to see that I still have this effect on you Elsa," he grinned and kissed my nose before stepping back before I could punch him.

Though, I wouldn't have been able to do that even if I wanted to. I was completely frozen where I stood. Paul chuckled and left to go to class, leaving me there completely speechless and astounded. There was only one class that Paul and I didn't have with each other and that was the last class of my day. He could very well rub this in my face the rest of the day if he wanted to.

Throughout my classes, Paul was sitting right next to me, almost possessively. Since he was going to be around me as much as he says he was, I took down notes for us to use for studying that night. No way he was going to get in the way of my studying and graduation. Paul would growl at anyone who tried to talk to me. I swear he almost even snarled when Travis Rathbone tried asking me what the assignment was.

Paul also leaned too close to me during the lessons. To the point, if I even pulled one hair on his head, he would nearly fall from his chair. Seriously, I understand his wanting to keep me alive, but was this really necessary?

I haven't even seen Seth all day, I'm dying for some time with that adorably boy and get away from my over protective, nearly psychotic ex-boyfriend.

Between classes Paul tried talking to me, but I was afraid we would end up in that same position as before, so I ignored him. Though, this just amused him more than it annoyed him.

When the time came for me to go to my final class. Paul followed me like he did to all of them. This confused me. "What-what are you doing?" I stop at the door.

Paul raised an eyebrow, "Going to class of course."

I narrow my eyes suspiciously, "You don't sing, you don't even sing in the car. You refuse." 

He just smiles, "Come on, Elsa, let's not be late."

Oh that smile, there was something that he was planning. I didn't like it. Not one bit.

Mr. Goodwater saw us come in and smiled, "Welcome Elsa and Paul!" he seemed too over excited about this. "I decided that you two will be singing the duet for the opening act! If that is, Paul does a good enough job in his audition!" he said looking to Paul with a grin. Paul just grinned back at him, then looked down at me.

"Wait, when did Paul join I don't remember him signing up." I cross my arms and stepping away from the mischievous son of a bitch who called himself my protector.

Mr. Goodwater shakes his head, "I heard him singing on the way passed the class room and I offered him the part, I can already tell that you two are going to be perfect together! Though, I knew that I'd have to see it in person before I made my final decision. If he won't work, you'd have to sing the duet with Travis Rathbone."

I look over at Travis who is looking at me as if he knows what we are talking about and smirks at me. A small blush makes it's way onto my cheeks and I look away back to Mr. Goodwater and Paul.

"Well, the song I've prepared requires a partner, you don't mind do you Elsa?" Paul looked down at me with fake concern.

I, however, just narrowed my eyes, knowing I could knock him straight from the water. "Of course not, let's see what you've got LaHote."

Mr. Goodwater smirked a bit seeing the tension, that he probably mistook for chemistry, between us, "Don't just sing. Perform." He then sat down at the piano and began the intro to Smooth Criminal.

A smirk came onto my lips as I gently pushed myself up onto the piano with my legs crossed and my posture perfect signalling that I was ready. Paul grinned, and I gave him the stink eye.

(Bold is Paul, Italic is Elsa and slanted Bold are both)

He began stalking towards me, starting from afar, but slowly came closer and closer to me. He had the predator look in his eye as he often got. He was planning something, he was gonna try and make me uncomfortable, but here's the thing.

I don't back down from a challenge.

As he came into the window,

It was the sound of a crescendo,

He came into her apartment

He left the bloodstains on the carpet

She ran underneath the table,

He could see she was unable. He stopped in front of me, where he was mere inches away.

So she ran into the bedroom. He forced himself between my legs.

She was struck down, it was her doom. He grinded against me ever so slightly I'm wondering if anyone behind him even noticed. I just smirked up at him and pulled my hair from it's poney tail and flipped my hair to the side.

So, Annie are you ok?

Are you ok, Annie?

Annie, are you ok?

So, Annie are you ok?

Are you ok, Annie?

Annie, are you ok?

You've been hit by

You've been struck by

A smooth criminal

His hand caressed my cheek once again. I pushed him away from me and stalked forward, swinging my hips from side to side and allowing my hair to fall on my shoulders the way he liked it.

So they came into the outway

It was Sunday - what a black day

Mouth to mouth resuscitation. I leaned up, putting my hand on the back of his head.

Sounding heartbeats - intimidation. I pulled him down with me, his eyes never leaving mine. Then I gently, but not to nicely, slapped his cheek and twirled away from him. I looked at him over my shoulder and grinned.

But Paul wasn't having it, he came right up to me and wrapped one hand around my waist and walked around me and we circled each other. Both tracing each others sides, trying to get on each others nerves.

So, Annie are you ok

Are you ok, Annie

Annie, are you ok?

So, Annie are you ok

Are you ok, Annie

Annie, are you ok?

So, Annie are you ok?

You've been hit by, I push myself away from him, twirling around and around in a circle, then just back up while he followed me the entire way. He grabbed at my waist and pulled me flush against him.

you've been struck by, He lifted me off my feet, spun around and set me back on my feet.

A smooth criminal

Paul gently grabbed the back of my neck and dipped me down and lifted my leg around his waist as the finale, I grabbed onto his shoulders with a small gasp.

The next thing I heard was applause. Not just Mr. Goodwater's either, the entire class was cheering and I could practically hear the girls fanning themselves. Paul was . . . committed when he did something that's for sure.

"Well, that was a bit . . . much than what I wanted, but it was fantastic! Oh! the melody! We are for sure going to win this year. I want you two to be practicing hard for this, I mean every day if you want to!" Mr. Goodwater was getting very excited. If he saw anything else he liked I swear his head would explode.

I stepped away from Paul and ran my fingers through my hair to get myself to calm down. So many things were running through my head at this point.

I would get to sing with Paul for the competition. I didn't know how this was going to play out with me trying so hard to stay away from him. Paul won't be tolerant forever, he will one day want to know why I tried to kill myself and why I am faking my anger towards him.

How would I tell him?

Would I tell him?

Would I tell him before Bella and Charlie?

How was I going to tell them?

________________

What's up everybody it's me! I thought this chapter was pretty cute. I did make the dance sequence a bit short because a lot of the music is instrumental and It's basically repeating itself. Though, I thought it was kind of sexy and quirky.

Speaking of which all rights go to Glee and Smooth Criminal, I always use the beautiful Santana's voice for Elsa and whoever she sings with to be the other one!

Thank you all so much for understanding my situation with school! A special shout-out to those commenting a series of Harry Potter Puppet Pals references. I swear I have the best fans in the world! You are all my awesome nerds! I love you all Muah!!

xoxoxoxo

Maybelline17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 6.3K 55
COMPLETED / PAUL LAHOTE FANFICTION Alexandra had never thought anything bad would happen to her. When it did, it devastated her. She moved to Forks...
319K 10.7K 28
Milly Swan was the sweetest girl anyone would ever have the pleasure to meet. She was a breath of fresh air to anyone that came across her, and it wa...
339K 6.1K 40
Jessica Lahote is moving back with her twin brother Paul Lahote. After she phases and goes back to school after she can control herself. When she see...
667K 11.9K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...