Chapter 1

Today was my first day of my senior year and I couldn't be more excited. Mainly to show everyone that I wasn't a broken little girl that I was a year ago before I left for Florida. Now I am different, which is clearly based on what I'm wearing.

It's a little black dress that ended just above my knees with black leggings decorated with purple skulls. I had matching finger-less gloves on my arms, a couple golden rings decorated my small petite fingers and a golden ring wrapped around my left nostril. With that I wander downstairs for breakfast to face my father and my overly protective big sister.

This is my first morning at the house. I came in last night on a late night plane and I still haven't had time to actually set up my room of unpack so all of my clothes are winkled. Not that I really cared, it was black and you could hardly see any wrinkles.

I walk into the kitchen to get my combat boots, Bella looks to me and purses her lips, "How are you doing?" she asks me, obviously worried about me.

Bella had every reason to worry, she was the one who found me on the side of the road completely heartbroken after I barged in on Rachel and Paul having sex. But nonetheless I found it irritating, "Bells I love you but I will slap you if you bring that up right now," I tell her kissing her cheek to show her I wasn't being serious I just really didn't want to talk about it and ruin my "I can take down the world" confidence.

Bella didn't smile though, she barely ever smiled anymore since Edward had left her. Even if that was a few months ago, and now the backstabber was back for her, "Well, you can get a ride with me and Edward to school," she says. I clenched my jaw at the mention of Edward Cullen. I probably hated him more, or at least just as much as Charlie and Jacob. Cullen had broken my sister's heart and drove her to committing suicide. Nearly at least. Bella claims she was cliff jumping, but I didn't believe her. She had always been a crappy liar anyways. Mother however, thought he was darling when they came to visit us in Florida a couple weeks ago.

Before I can say something under my breath Charlie walks in and corrects her, "Actually, you're not going to be going to school in Forks," he says leaning against the wall in his police uniform. Must have been serious because he's usually gone when we get up for school.

I was confused, "Home school?" I ask, maybe he had felt better keeping my indoors after my gigantic mistake when I was sixteen.

Charlie had a huge grin on his face, "Nope, I pulled some strings and I got you into the Quileute school," he says proud of himself as he crossed his arms.

I froze, quite literally, no, no, no, this couldn't be happening. I was planning on confronting Paul on my own terms, not today. I start hyperventilating and I have to lean against my sister for support. All the air was leaving my lungs and I couldn't suck it back in. Bella caught me and grabbing a chair kneeling in front of me and told me to breathe. Charlie however was shocked and confused, then realized just what was wrong and closed his eyes, "Oh God, Elsa, I'm so sorry," he says, "I just thought you would like it because Seth and Jake are there," he says honestly. I believed my Dad but that didn't stop me from being pissed off that he had done that to be even though his intentions were pure.

Here's the thing. Paul really never planned on graduating until I did. We never really planned on having a life with each other till we both graduated. Paul is an entire year ahead of me in school and when we broke up, we knew that he would have to repeat his senior year. I hated the idea but nothing could get that idea out of his head so after a while I stopped trying to change his mind about it. So he was more than likely held back last year. Probably failing as usual because of reasons he refused to tell me.

I sighed hanging my head in my hands, "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm sorry you two," I tell Bella when she gives me some water. "That just took me off guard, I'm fine," I tell them standing on my feet and grabbing my bag.