catgirl ! broken (nightwing)

By lucyluhvs

book 1 out of 3 in my main catgirl series ─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── summary: Ca... More

«intro»
«playlist»
«prologue»
«chapter one: a dangerous game»
«chapter two: an old enemy»
«chapter three: unexpected run-ins»
«chapter four: brotherly bonding»
«chapter five: new sparring partners»
«chapter six: missing information»
«chapter seven: aye-aye captain»
«chapter eight: making it work»
«chapter nine: two cats in one place»
«chapter ten: the calm before the storm»
«chapter eleven: rogue»
«chapter twelve: returning nightmares»
«chapter thirteen: representing»
«chapter fourteen: therapy»
«chapter fifteen: an old friend»
«chapter sixteen: dancing with a stranger»
«chapter seventeen: surprising connection»
«chapter eighteen: coming clean»
«chapter nineteen: there was some doubt»
«chapter twenty: a new ally»
«chapter twenty-one: alfred saves the day»
«chapter twenty-two: husband and wife»
«chapter twenty-three: walking a thin line»
«chapter twenty-four: joining the circus»
«chapter twenty-five: a necessary risk»
«chapter twenty-six: the truth comes out»
«chapter twenty-eight: rogue returns»
«chapter twenty-nine: Broken»
«chapter thirty: nightmares and late-night talks»
«chapter thirty-one: where it all started»
«chapter thirty-two: an unexpected visitor»
«chapter thirty-three: facing the demon»
«chapter thirty-four: rescuing the team»
«chapter thirty-five: pushing people's buttons»
«chapter thirty-six: finding out the truth»
«chapter thirty-seven: a complicated situation»
«chapter thirty-eight: holding a grudge»
«chapter thirty-nine: wally's plan»
«chapter forty: a dance battle»
«epilogue»
SEQUEL IS OUT
QUESTION AND ANSWER
Please read even if you havent read all
I did enter the Wattys
*Important*
SURPRISE

«chapter twenty-seven: a cold bus ride»

10.9K 365 183
By lucyluhvs

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  It's been three days since Rogue was kicked off the team. Three peaceful days, where I haven't been constantly looking over my shoulder for an attack. It's pretty nice.

I've even started going out of patrol at night, running into Robin and Batman sometimes. It was a little awkward the first time around but we made it work.

I really like Robin too, he seems sweet from what I have gotten to see of him, a lot more shy towards me than Nightwing was, but he seems to be warming up to me.

  Today is my day off, I told the team I was taking a personal day and they didn't question me thankfully. I have been on missions ever since they found out the truth so I think they just assume I need a break.

I still find myself repeating my brother's last few words to myself anytime I think about Rogue promising to come back and get revenge.

This time will be different. Because this time I am stronger, I know what to expect and I have a team that sort of trusts me and I know will back me up now.

  I lean my head against the cold window of the bus, looking out as we pass by buildings, cars, and people all living their lives.

Why does it feel like mine has been paused up until now? Up until I met and joined the team I felt like I was repeating my days over and over again. When I joined, I felt like it was a new start, a new chance, and then Rogue joined and I fell back into that routine. And then the circus happened and I got a taste of what being a part of the team could actually be and I just couldn't go back. I couldn't. And now, it's slowly moving forward but I can feel the other shoe about to drop and I am so scared it's going to end with another body lying dead on the floor.

  Despite the team knowing now, I have been avoiding telling them what happened. I do talk to them all now and hang out with them when we aren't on missions, but I don't want them to become any more of a target than they already are. The only person I have been avoiding is Nightwing who I still can't exactly get a read on.

I just still feel a little... hurt by the fact he didn't trust me. Especially after the talk on the roof, the circus mission where we had to depend so heavily on each other. I guess I read too much into what everything meant.

And I didn't want to trust him again. Not the way I started at the circus, being dependent on him, trusting him like that, joking about being married just for him to look at me the way he did when he saw Rogue the night we got back.

And what makes it worse is that I can't help but trust him. In little moments I find myself looking to him for confirmation and for his opinion on things and it sucks because I know I can't control it the way I want to.

I shake my head and mentally scold myself. It's my day off. I don't need to be worrying about Rogue or the team.

I look around the bus, and it's not surprising that I don't recognize anyone. Yes, Gotham is big, but I am not exactly the social type, especially after Ben. I stopped going to school, and I have been taking school online ever since then. I am finishing up my classes in February but I am thinking about adding on some minors, mainly in psychology and law but I have thought about other routes too and that would add some time to my schooling.

While I don't normally ride the bus, I decided to today because I wanted to go see Ben and my parents. I haven't seen them

since Rogue and I wanted to tell them the good news. Grabbing my locket, I close my eyes letting out a breath, and rub it, hoping to feel better.

A loud crashing noise erupts into the air. The bus jolts to a stop, sending my head into the bus seat in front of me.

Screams sound out as a baby starts crying, and people try to stand from their seats.

    Slowly, I pull myself up and rub my, now throbbing, head. My eyes search the people around me before I look to the front of the bus to see what went wrong. Ice. And not just on the road. A lot of ice. Ice that looks exactly like Mr. Freeze's.

I look out of the window and see that it isn't just him but a whole family reunion.

Great, looks like the ice family is back in town.

I look around, not wanting to change in front of them, and I get lucky when a girl with chin-length hazel hair stands up on the bus and starts directing people out of the bus.

  I pull my fingerless gloves and mask on when it's clear and quickly slip off my normal clothes.

I run to the front behind them, the girl leaving to lead the group to the next block and the bus driver stays back to make sure they don't leave anyone.

  "Go, get everyone out," I call at the bus driver who looks back at me surprised.

He nods, but a woman comes rushing back into him as he steps off the bus, "Wait, my baby girl!" She yells to me, "She is still in there."

  "I will find her. Go!" I demand, and she looks hesitant but doesn't stop, and I am thankful for those news titles now because for once the general public seems to realize I am not a villain. When she is gone I run to the back and look from seat to seat.

  I tuck my hair behind my ear and try to listen for the girl who is probably scared to death. When I hear the cry, I run to it, finding a little girl curled up in a ball and crying so hard her face was red.

  "Hey, shh, don't cry, it's going to be ok," I say in a soft voice. Children are one of my weak points, one of the very few I will admit to at least. I crouch beside her, "I am here to help." She jumps into my arms, and I pick her up.

Suddenly the bus jolts again as something rams into it.

I quickly shield her with my body, covering her head, and she cries harder, clinging to me so tightly I think she could break a bone.

I looked out the window to see that the thing that ran into the bus was in fact Superboy. And he dented the way out. The door was smashed and when he moved, an ice beam covered it, making it impossible for me to get through.

  I can't climb up and use the top exit with this little girl and the back exit is out because when we stopped abruptly, the car behind us rear-ended the bus. I can't climb out the windows with this girl, because there is a good chance they could hit the bus again with ice or Superboy.

I shake my head, before sighing and looking at the girl, "Hey, hey," I put her on my hip and wipe away her tears as she pouts at me, "It's okay, I am going to get you out and back to your mom. Does that sound good?" She nods slowly, tears still in her eyes, "I am just going to make a way out, and you are going to hear a big boom but it's going to be okay. Is that okay?" I ask her. She nods and I sit her down in a seat, "Stay here for a second."

Looking out the window, I realize it's Superboy, Nightwing, Artemis, Miss M., and Kid Flash.

They must have come despite being a private team because the whole family is here. Killer Frost, Captain Cold, Mr. Freeze, and Icicle Sr.

Icicle Jr. must be with Queen Bee like I read in the files.

  They must be the only ones that can come too because school is still going on right now and something tells me they can't miss anymore.

  Well if there isn't a way out, I will make a way out.

I grab tiny bombs and place them around the ice so it will break it enough for us to get through before I go back to the girl and pull her into my lap, covering her with my body as the bombs start beeping.

Three, two, one.

Boom!

I cover the girl even more with my body and move my arms up to cover my head. I can't help if I get knocked out.

I let the debris settle a little before I stand up and pick up the little girl.

"Was there anyone in there?" Nightwing's voice shouts out.

"How did that happen?" I hear KF respond.

I push the girl's head into my chest because I don't want her to see what is going on and brace myself for anything, because if I need to dodge to save this little girl then I need to be ready.

  "There were two girls in there!" I hear someone shout back to them before hearing the little girl's mom screaming for her.

I hold the girl tighter to me and walk through the opening, careful to avoid ice.

The girl cries hearing her mom scream for her, and I whisper, "I know, we are almost there."

The smoke clears and I get a good shot of everyone and their faces tell me that none of them expected me to walk out on that bus.

  "My little girl!" The woman from earlier shouts and runs to us, managing to break out of the grip of two men trying to calm her down.

  "Hey, your mom is here. You are fine, shh." I coo in her ear before passing her to her mom, her mom sobbing and thanking me, but I push her to the bus driver who nods to me and gets them to safety.

I turn to look at the group in front of me, pretty pissed off now because a throbbing head and having to hold a crying girl on my day off is not what I wanted.

"Oh, Catgirl." Mister Freeze states, causing me to glare and slip out my claws.

"Relatives of yours?" Nightwing jokes to me as I walk closer to the team.

"Afraid not, they like me as much as they like you," I remark back.

  "She won't be a problem, at all," Killer Frost says sizing me up, "She is as harmful as a kitten." Killer Frost sneers.

I raise an eyebrow and cock my head to the side.   Has she met an angry kitten? It's not pretty.

  "Good, then you deal with her," He says, "We will get the alien tech."

'Catgirl!' Kid Flash practically shouts in my mind, causing me to wince.

'Could you stop shouting in my mind, please? My head just got slammed into a seat so I already have a killer headache.'

  'Oh, sorry.' He apologizes, before asking, 'How did you know to be here?'

  'I was on the bus, didn't really need to be told something was happening,' I say with a slight edge, narrowing my eyes on Killer Frost.

'Can you take Killer Frost?' Superboy asks.

'Of course, can you guys deal with the others?'

  'I am sure we will manage,' Nightwing says cockily.

I nod, turning toward Killer Frost.

  "Killing you will be fun." She smirks and forms ice with her hands.

  "You can try," I say smirking, "But you can't kill me if you can't hit me." I run at her and jump, flipping up to roundhouse kick her mid-air.

  She grunts and falls forward when I hit the back of her head before she shoots ice at me.

I dodge with ease and it's times like this that I realize that sometimes it's good to have fought the Bird brain so much.

  She growls in frustration and I take it as my chance to throw one of my firebombs at her, throwing her back.

I look around to see who needs help. While she is down, seeing Miss M and Superboy have Mr. Freeze under control, and Artemis and Kid Flash were handling Captain Cold while Nightwing mg was fighting Icicle Sr.

  They were all almost done so I turned back, my eyes widening before I tuck and roll to the side, dodging an ice blast.

  "Stay still!" She yells and shoots more ice. I flip back and dodge.

  "Have you ever made a kitten mad?" I ask as I run to her. "Because they can be pretty vicious," I grunt out as I try to punch her, but she dodges. Before she can correct herself though, I kick her in the stomach, and she stumbles back. Not letting her get stable, I run at her, bringing her head to my knee, making her fall to the ground unconscious.

  "Stop! Stop, or he will be an icicle!" Captain Cold says, his voice shaky.

I turn and see that he has Kid Flash frozen to the ground, and an ice gun pointed at his head. I sense everyone tense.

My eyes narrow and I let out a fake laugh, "You are going to have to do better than that if you want to scare me. I have known the Joke since I was seven. You have a long way to go." I bait him.

It's every boy's weakness, being called weak or not good at something that they think they are the best at.

  'What are you doing?' Nightwing questions in my mind. I am guessing he picked up on the baiting.

  'Don't do anything, I have a plan. KF, just hang in there.'

'Are you su-' I cut Nightwing off.

  'Trust me! I know how to get answers too!' I say sharply. That shuts him up,' trust me'.

  "If I freeze him it's game over! I could shatter him!" He threatens.

"You're not going to do that." I state, "You'll be a goner." I point to Superboy and Artemis, who looked like she was going to kill him.

Captain let out a shaky breath as he realized he would not be winning this fight. But I do have some questions he could answer.

  "Why don't you tell me why your boss sent you here, instead," I suggest shrugging as if it was nothing as I walk slowly toward him.

"How-" His face was full of shock.

I step closer, "You aren't smart enough." I say simply before I continue, "How about we play a game? I guess, and you tell me if I am wrong."

"What?" He asks, and I see him loosen his grip on Kid Flash.

"So, you were sent here by...." I tap my chin pretending to think. "Vandal Savage, right?" I ask.

His face went white, and he pointed the gun at me. "How di-"

  "Because if it was Lex or Ra's al Ghul, you would have known about me. And all the others don't work anywhere near here. Vandal, however, knows his way around Gotham and could be smart enough to make a plan. Even if it is a very poor plan. That, and that's alien tech." I say pointing to the bag. "And since when does your family get together in Gotham other than to cover up something bigger going on. So I guess the real question is, what is Vandal doing while you pretend to be all big and bad?"

  He looks very worried now. I step closer, so now I am two feet away.

  "So, you could give up. Or I could make you wish you picked the first one." I glared and spoke slowly so that only we could hear. "This is my day off and I would have rather not had to spend it with someone like you."

He shakes visibly and finally puts his hands up.

  With one swift move, I cut the tip of the gun off, with my cat-claws causing him to wince.

I stare at him a moment longer, trying to put the pieces together and making sure he wasn't a threat anymore before I turn away from him.

"You aren't going to hurt me?" He asks, causing me to stop and look back at him.

  I shake my head, "No," I say before nodding to Artemis, "that's her job." I move aside just in time for her to punch him, knocking him to the ground.

  "Well, that was fun." Kid Flash jokes as Nightwing helps him with his frozen feet.

Artemis and I both give him a look before I say, "I didn't mean to crash y'all's party."

"You can crash the party anytime you want." Artemis says, "better to have extra help than not enough."

"Agreed." Miss M says, smiling at me.

I smile back and before anyone says anything, I start backing away, "Well, it was fun, but today is my day off and I really did have stuff to do, so I will be going."

"Hopefully it's with that hot cop from the circus," Artemis winks to me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"What makes you think I'm not already seeing someone?" I joke back, causing Kid Flash and Nightwing to look at me.

Artemis and Miss Martian share a look before both of them look back at me, "You definitely aren't."

"Whatever you say," I shrug, smiling slightly before playful saluting all of them goodbye and using my whip to get as far away from them as fast as possible so I can still see my family before sundown.

________________________________

A/N:
____
what do u think? 🤔

also what is their ship name?

superhero name and actual name 😶‍🌫️

_____________
thanks for reading, don't forget to vote & comment !!

xoxo, author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 2.4K 102
BOOK 1 *This book is currently under editing. I'm not changing the plot at all, just correcting some grammar. It's a few years old and I've improved...
5.3K 23 20
#8 in Robinlovestory2020 category #20 in batmansdaughter2020 category This is only to read now. This version is no longer being updated or edited at...
97.3K 3.9K 63
Pamela Isley returns to Arkham Asylum after her young-adult daughter (Y/N) refuses to play a part in Poison Ivy's schemes. With the chance to finally...
17.8K 427 22
What if Percy was a girl? What if Sally wasn't her mom? What if Bruce Wayne adopted her when she was little? What if she had to run away from him? I...