Hades

By Devilsmom

~"You don't know me." I snap. "Sure, I don't. We've only spent more than half of our lives together. But I do... More

Chapter dos
Chapter tres
Chapter cuatro
Chapter cinco
Chapter seis
Chapter siete
Chapter ocho
Chapter nueve
Chapter diez
Chapter once
Chapter doce
Chapter trece
Chapter catorce
Chapter quince
Chapter diez y seis
Chapter diez y siete
Chapter diez y ocho
Chapter diez y nueve
Chapter veinte
Chapter veinte y uno
Chapter veinte y dos
Chapter veinte y tres
Chapter veinte y cuatro
Chapter veinte y cinco
Chapter veinte y seis
Chapter veinte y siete
Chapter veinte y ocho
Chapter veinte y nueve
Chapter treinta
Chapter treinta y uno
Chapter treinta y dos
Chapter treinta y tres
Chapter treinta y cuatro
Chapter treinta y cinco
Chapter treinta y seis
Chapter treinta y siete
Chapter treinta y ocho
Chapter treinta y nueve
BONUS CHAPTER
BONUS CHAPTER PT. 2
Projects

Chapter uno

244K 4.1K 8.1K
By Devilsmom

Hades' PoV:

"Go and take a nap. A blind dog could see that you're tired. And don't come out until tomorrow morning." I chuckle at my grandma's harsh words. I just got off the plane and as she said, I'm pretty tired. I have a nine hour flight behind me after all.

And instead of sleeping as I intended to, this stupid little thug (an about nine year old child) kept kicking my seat.

Thinking she is joking, I keep seated on my chair at the family dinner table and take a sip of my juice. A yawn creeps up my throat and I struggle to hold it back. Before I know it, grandma stands up and clears her thoat, waiting patiently behind my chair. I shake my head and stand up, letting the yawn escape my mouth.

"Sorry." I say ashamed, standing in front of her.
"Oh get out of my face." She pushes my back slightly and I laugh. I missed her. I've missed two years of her life, due to some unpleasant misunderstanding, but she still is the good old grandma I was raised by.

"Oh and Hades?" I hear her ask, while I was walking up the stairs.
I turn around mid-step and raise an eyebrow.
"Yeh?" I ask.
"I missed you." She said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. I internally shake my head. She's never been good at showing her feelings. She acts like she doesn't care about people, when in reality everybody knows she does.

"I love you too, abuela." I smirk, almost cracking up at her surprised face expression.
"Have a nap now." She turns around. I almost missed her small smile before she did, but I saw it. It feels good to be home again.

><><><><

I woke up the next morning at 6:30. Considering the fact that I went to sleep before dinner, I would say I slept quite long. Running down the stairs and seeing my grandma already making pancakes. I kiss her cheek and open the cupboard in order to get me a glass of orange juice.

"How was your sleep?" Grandma asks me, putting five pancakes on a plate. I lean my hip against the kitchen counter and take a sip of my juice.
"Nice. And yours?" I answer, sitting down next to her after she turned off the stove and made herself another plate.

"Good. What are your plans for today?" I think about her question for a second, while taking a bite of my breakfast.
"I thought of having a good ol' run in the woods after breakfast. And afterwards I don't know yet." I shrug.

"Well, be careful. The hunters have recently talked about a new wolf pack. I have not personally seen them yet, but just know." Grandma says. I nod and finish my breakfast.

The moon is still up when I make my way outside after changing into my running attire. That's what I missed about Sandstone hill. I was born here and I couldn't imagine moving away. Permanently, that is. I've been gone for two years, but never once did I have a thought of moving there forever, no matter how sunny it was everyday and no matter how tanned I was.

I started running and my brain just stopped thinking. I love running, sports in general, but running always allowed me to relax my mind.

When my parents died in a car accident, I was just a little boy. Three years old, to be exact. My grandma took me in, raised me and gave me everything I needed. To be honest, I was a little brat. But then I turned ten and started doing sports, running being my main sport at the time. It gave me that strange satisfaction and I enjoyed it.

As I was passing the trees and picking up speed, however, I started thinking. Unfortunately about something I wanted to avoid. Someone, I wanted to avoid. I shake my head, not again. I picked up even more speed and stumbled over a loose root. God damn it! I stopped running, in the middle of the forest.

My heart started beating faster, even faster than when I was running. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scared, but it is still semi dark at this time and the howling doesn't make the situation better. Suddenly I hear a rustling noise behind me and quickly turn around. What the fuck? I shouldn't stay here for longer. I shake my head again and start running further into the woods.

><><><><

I am almost done with my run. I just took the path that leads me towards the streets again. By now, I put my earbuds in, listening to some song, I already forgot about.

My eyes travel towards the old prick houses and the familiar cars that park in front of them. One specific car is missing and I sigh. I don't really know what kind of sigh that was, but- FUCK. WHAT THE HECK?!

Emma's PoV:

Did I just? Di-Did I just hit something?
"Oh my god." I whisper and turn the engine off after hitting the break so hard, that I almost hit my head on the steering wheel.

"I am so sorry. Are you alright?" I rush outside, running towards the person that is currently laying on the edge of the sidewalk, holding his leg. By his physique I can see that it's a guy, probably a little older than me and definitely taller.

"I really didn't mean to hit you. You came out of nowhere. I am so sorry. Do you need me to call the ambulance?" The words rush out of my mouth, no time to answer for the guy. I kneel down behind him, not being able to see his face, but noticing his body stiffen. Huh.

I hear him mumble something, but don't understand.
"Sorry?" I say and hear a low 'it's fine'. I frown and stand up, seeing him sitting up on the sidewalk, his hoodie over his head, only showing the bottom half of his face, meaning his lips.
Some pair of lips, let me tell you.

I shake my head and see him stand up and turning right, without another word. I frown again and follow him after seeing him limping.
"Let me drive you to the hospital. Your ankle looks damaged." I say, running a hand through my hair. He shakes his head, not saying another word, just limping his way away from me.

"Then let me at least drive you home. I can't just let you limp all the way there." He is so tall, I feel like a gnome next to him. He shakes his head again and I roll my eyes. He's starting to get on my nerves. I step in front of him and put a hand up, forcing him to stop. Due to the fact that his chest is at my hand level and he doesn't stop soon enough, my hand touches his muscular chest. I instantly pull my hand away after feeling a strange tingle. I guess I'm a sucker for guys with muscular chests.

"Even if you live close, I can't just let you limp all the way. It is unnecessary pressure that you put on your ankle. The ankle that is damaged, because of me." I force out an awkward laugh at the end, but he doesn't join me. I stop and look at the ground again. Why won't he just let me drive him?

"I don't need your help, Emma." The person says, making me stop breathing for a second. And not due to the fact that his voice is raspy and low. Not the fact that he knew my name either. It was the fact that only two people call me that. And because last time I checked, my mom didn't have a velvet voice, it could only be the other person. A person, I thought I wouldn't see until I'm around 80.

"Hades." I whisper, to nobody since he already left me standing there alone, again.
After I finished comprehending what just happened, I rushed back to my car. Hades is back. I can't believe it. It makes sense now why he acted the way he did. And suddenly I feel angry and hurt all over again.

How dare he being mad at me. I'm not the one who left for two years without telling the reason. I am the one who constantly called him and constantly got hurt when he didn't pick up. I am the one who found out about what happened over the television. The local news to be exact.

I shake my head, tears building in my eyes. No, I'm not his weak little best friend anymore, who can't speak up for herself. I'm stronger now. He has no relevance in my life anymore. Let him be a grumpy piece of...whatever.

I start the engine again and only drive for two seconds and have my car parked into my driveway.
I violently close the car door after getting out and flinch. Alright, I regretted doing that, but I needed to let that go.

"Emmi? What happened?" I hear my father's concerned voice ask.
"Everything's fine, dad. Just perfectly fine." I force out and run up the stairs. I hear him sigh loudly and lock my door. Why did he have to come back? And why was he mad at me? I lay down on my bed after changing into some sweatpants.

I've been at a friend's house and just came back. We barely closed our eyes, so I need a nap. Maybe then I'll be able to stop thinking about the jerk that I once called my protector and most importantly, my best friend. He didn't even bother to tell me or give me a call back after two years of nothing.

I shake my head and snuggle deeper into my bed. My phone buzzes on the nightstand and I groan and try to ignore it. But by the amount of buzzing noises it makes, I can tell it's probably Zada who wants to know if I arrived safely.

U home yet?
Hello???
Em-em...
Don't make me come over
Are you sleeping?
Did you die?
Omg
Did you?
Don't let me go and look for a new uber
I need you!
Emmmmm!

I feel a small smile take over my face when I read my best friend's messages. Before she decides to seriously come over, I reply.

Got home safely
Chill ur nipples
Gonna take a nap now, byeee

I put my phone on mute and put it in the charger. I just need this power nap, right now. After this I will be as fresh as the wind. Do people say that? Why did I just say that? Oh my god, why can't I just fall asleep?

And suddenly I don't feel like taking a nap anymore. I need to let go of some anger. I call Stella, who picks up immediately.

"Hellou?" She chirps, knowing it's me.
"Let's go to a party." I say.
"Oh yes. Bradley Compton is throwing one tonight. We could go there. He invited us anyway." She tells me. Ugh, Bradley Compton.

"Don't we have other friends? Like good people who throw parties tonight?" I groan, sinking deeper into my pillows.
"Em, you guys have been through...how do I say this?...a lot of heartbreak together. But that doesn't mean that you can't be around him anymore. And you wanted to go to a party. Come on." A lot of heartbreak together? If anything, I did the heartbreak, he did the causing.

"Whatever, as long as I don't have to see his sorry ass, I'm good." I shake my head, which thank god she can't see. Otherwise she would probably ask me if I still had feelings for him, like she always does when I see him in school and shake my head at him. I don't, at least not the good kind of feelings.

I stand up again after my weak attempt of taking a nap and look into my mirror. I look like a mess with my hair sticking out in every direction and my face red like a tomato. Running a hand through my long brown hair, I sigh and find myself thinking about Hades again. Not the greek god, just my ex-best friend.

I really don't want to think about him right now. I will just get angry again. But I must say he grew...a lot? I remember him being just a few centimetres taller than me, because he was always a tall person, just like me. Ugh, what am I thinking?

I run down the stairs, in order to get a breakfast. I didn't get to eat any, since Zada's mom is all about gluten free food, I thought I would wait until I'm home and get a good gluten full meal. Like french toast. Oh yes, I need you french toast.

"Emma? When did you get home? I didn't even notice." I hear my mom enter the kitchen and turn around to give her a small smile.
"Just a few minutes ago. I wanted to come home earlier today, because I am going to a friend's house again tonight. I hope that is okay." No way am I ever going to tell my mom that I'm going to a party. Even though I'm already eighteen, graduating this year, and that it is still summer, so no school, she still says no and I listen, because that's how she raised me.

"What friend is it this time?" She sighs and my smile falters for a second. Maybe I shouldn't go to that party tonight.
"Brooklyn. But if you don't want me to go, I won't." I say, suddenly feeling ashamed because in those almost three months that I had off school I spent more time out with my friends, going on parties and clubbing, than I spent with my family.

"Oh no, it's alright. You should go and have fun with your friends. I'm just happy to see you happy again." She smiles at me, most likely referring to the Hades drama. I bite back an eye roll. I hate him for making my parents see me this miserable after he left. It took a lot of time and building up walls in order to protect myself, to be who I am today.

He was also the reason why I never trusted my ex-boyfriend fully, which was a huge problem. But I guess I could thank him for that, because I found out that Bradley, my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me with numerous girls. Oh and that's also the boy whose party I'm attending tonight.

She leaves the kitchen after looking over my shoulder to see what I'm cooking and smiling. French toast has always been my favourite dish. I could eat it at any time a day, but I can't. Unfortunately.

A/N: So this chapter is quite long and I'm pretty proud of that. This story is already completed and most of it is edited as well. If you're reading this and the rest of this book isn't here yet, please wait another day and refresh it afterwards. Xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 69.4K 56
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Emilia, a mixture of Enzo and Elianna. She isn't afraid of anyone and is a headstrong force to be reckoned...
234K 15K 47
T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo wherein Park Jeongwoo is a son of a maid working for the "Kang Family". The only thing he ever wan...
9.2K 82 8
A book full of short stories, pictures, and more. Hope you enjoy!
12K 195 15
"Oh, so this is the slut???"