Sing It For the World

By TradeMistakes

Mikayla is transferred to Performing Arts Prep. She has the talent of writing and art but soon discovers anot... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 8

1.4K 17 10
By TradeMistakes

~Mikayla~

It was finally Monday and we were all on our way to the school.

"Hey anybody want to give me a piggy back ride?" I asked the guys.

"No!" They all said together.

"I see you're still betraying me." I told Carson.

"I see you're right." He joked while I gave him a playful glare.

Lizlee had left earlier than us since she had mentioned something about her camera and how she needed to do something I just didn't know what because the second she said camera I zoned out.

I had my art project in hand since it was due today. The guys had to do it too but did they do it? Nope not at all. Carson had lied about doing it. Well actually he had started it but then it came out horrible so he begged me to do it but then I said no so now he didn't have one.

We had to create a sculpture of our talent and if it was art well we would pick our second best talent. I made a book with swirls coming out of it as if it was a magic book. Somehow I managed to make it and even paint it and now I just wanted her to but it in her kilm so I could glaze it.

"Can you guys carry my bag because I feel like my sculpture's gonna fall?" I asked the guys this time serious.

"No!" They yelled again. Now I got pissed off.

"Thanks you guys are too kind!" I retorted sarcastically.

I walked faster to get ahead of them since I didn't want to talk to them anymore risking of dropping my sculpture.

"Hey I was joking back there. Let me carry your bag." Carson offered. I smiled gratefully and let him take my bag.

"Sorry it's just I get mad easily. Must run in the family." I apologized.

"How come you haven't talked about where you came from or about your family?" He asked earnestly.

I tensed up. "It's a touchy subject." I chose my words carefully.

"Got it. You don't want to talk about it. Completely understand." He smiled briefly and I smiled grateful again.

We finally got to school and we both went to art class to leave my sculpture there since I didn't want to risk dropping it and breaking it.

"And where's your sculpture?" The teacher eyed him suspiciously.

"I didn't do it." He mumbled sheepishly.

"What? Pardon me?" She put her hand to her ear as if trying to hear better even though she heard him clearly.

"I didn"t do it." He confessed louder while I laughed silently when he wasn't looking.

"I know you didn't that's why I am giving you an F." the teacher replied walking away.

"What?! Give me another week please! If I fail this class I won't be able to act in plays and shows."

Carson pleaded.

"Let me think about it...no!" She replied.

"Please?!" He pleaded again.

"I'm just kidding. It's due 'til next week. I asked Mikayla to convince you guys it was due this week just cause I wanted you to beg me to give you another week." She explained.

"That's so not nice!" He exclaimed while the teacher and I cracked up. After a while we left the class.

"Don't tell Jason and Jacob okay?" I told him. He nodded and then we made our way to our first period. It was all the same.

During art class Jason and Jacob went through the same humiliation that Carson went through.

We finally got to choir but it was the same. The only difference was that Angela sang this time and she dedicated a special song just to me. It was Give You Hell by The All-American Rejects. That bitch. I decided to ignore it though.

When the bell rang I rushed out of class before I did something stupid and let my temper get the best of me.

"Well that was...interesting." Carson commented but i was already over it.

We all met up including Lizlee when we saw a poster on the wall. It was a flier for a Halloween Dance on Halloween of course.

 "I'm not going." I implied.

"Why not?" Carson asked me.

"I don't like school dances. Something always happens that leaves me mad." I replied. I wasn't going to explain the past events though.

"Oh." Was all Carson replied.

~Carson~

I was in a mental battle of whether I should ask Mikayla to the dance.

Ask her!

But what if she says no.

Well you'll never know until you ask now will you.

Yeah I know I feel pretty stupid. I'm arguing with my own subconscious but can you blame me? I mean guys don't really talk about their feelings with other guys. Well at least most guys don't and I wasn't one of them.

Fine I'll ask her, I decided. Just not right now. Also she said she wasn't going but I was hoping she would go.

I was sure that I was going to ask her. I needed to do it today because the dance was tomorrow.  Dude just suck it up and ask her. I made my way to her and then pulled her aside.

"Yes?" She asked me.

"Um I know you said you weren't going to the dance but will you go with me?" I rushed out.

She immediately smiled. "Of course! I was expecting you would ask!" She admitted. I smiled in relief.

~Mikayla~

Carson had asked me to the dance. It had worked. Well can you blame a girl for trying? I was going to dress as a fallen angel. I also just knew that Jason would say something. He just had too.

Lizlee asked Aiden to go since people wouldn't notice he was from the East Side as long as he wore a mask. Jason and Jacob were going alone since they were having each other's baby. Just saying.

I was getting ready into my angel costume. It had big black fluffy wings with a white strapless dress and white fingerless gloves that reached my elbow that went up to my knees. Then I put black boots. I added the black halo after word. I curled my hair and put on a thin line of black eyeliner on. I painted my nails black and there I was ready.

Lizlee was going as Link from Zelda. Such a dork.

We both left the room and went to meet the guys in the living room. Carson was dressed as a regular angel. He was the good one and I was the bad one. We had picked out our costume outs together. That's why I was waiting for him to ask me to the dance even though I said I wasn't going and I had a costume. I wasn't lying about the past events though.

Jacob was going as Bruce Springsteen since he loved him and Jason was going as Ron Weasley. Harry Potter freak. He was just like his cousin.

The doorbell rang and we let Lizlee open the door since we knew it would be for him. She opened the door and there stood a giant orange carrot. Well he didn't wear a mask but the costume itself would be a big enough distraction.

"A carrot?" Jacob spoke first.

"Yes a carrot you have a problem with it?" He just sassed him.

"Don't you sass me!" Jacob retorted.

"I'll sass you all freaking day!" Aiden replied.

"Well what a weird argument." I interrupted. Really they're arguing over sassing each other. I mean Jason and I argue for everything but still. Wait i just noticed that he hasn't said anything about my costume.

"Hey your costume so goes with your personality!" Jason told me. Spoke to soon.

I was going to say something when Carson interrupted.

"Well come on let's go!" He said quickly. I glared at Jason but still we all left our dorm and started walking to the school gym. We weren't required to use the gym but it was there for the people that liked to play sports in their free time.

"Dammit! I forgot my ticket to get in to the dance!" Jacob stopped us all.

"I'll go for it if you want." Lizlee offered. Jacob told her where he left it and then thanked her. She ran back to the dorm looking funnier than before in that costume.

After 5 minutes she finally came out and the sprinklers were on. She didn't notice so she ran and ended up slipping on it and falling on her ass. We all cracked up. She sat there in pain obviously while we still laughed.

~Lizlee~

I had slipped on the water from the sprinklers but somehow I managed to land on the dry part. Only my shoes were wet. I don't know how that was possible though. My group saw and all they did was laugh including Aiden.

I slowly stood up and walked in a limp way back to them.

"MOTHER OF GOD IT FUCKING HURT." I commented.

They all stopped laughing but you could tell they wanted to continue laughing.

"So did you get it?" Was what Jacob asked. Not even to ask if I was okay! I threw the ticket at him and continued to walk funny. Aiden walked by my side still trying not to laugh.

Then we all went into the school gym where it was all decorated for Halloween. They really were creative. I have never seen a haunted house this scary. I'm serious it was scary. I wanted to cry the minuted I entered.

"I'll stab anyone who dares and tries to scare me!" Mikayla warned. Everyone around her backed away. She would do it and they knew it.

Even Carson backed away from her. All you could hear was people screaming and we were just at the entrance. We had to go through a whole haunted house just to get to the actual dance.

I'm gonna cry. I'm gonna run out screaming. I'm gonna trip at least twice. I'm gonna break my glasses.

______________________________________________________________________

If you watch the video it's funny how the only thing stopping them from fighting is that little tiny fence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 843 31
Mikayla is used to working hard. As the only person in her house, she works multiple jobs to pay the bills and put food in the cupboards. Having no f...
15.1K 501 17
*this is not my drawing and give credit to whoever did it if you find them. I also don't own any AOT character.* This takes place in modern time wher...
133K 5.2K 36
โฅ๏ธŽ ษช แด„แด€ษด'แด› สŸแด‡แด› สแดแดœ ษขแด yandere! roommates x reader โ€โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•เฎ“เน‘โ™กเน‘เฎ“โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ€ When (Y/N) moves in with five strangers, things start out surprisingly well...
293K 10.2K 50
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...