Healing Touch

By B_and_R79

At the young age of ten, Lily was kidnaped by a band conniving rouges. Lily had suffered from mental and phys... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Updating This Weekend!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 1

20.3K 569 58
By B_and_R79

My life had been anything but consistent. As a child, you don't know certain evil. A evil, like a lie, you're never taught. It comes naturally. And it's wrong, and the punishment is small, and the truth constricting.

However, I have never known a greater evil, until I met him. A learnt evil that gave room for higher crimes and bigger breaks. It had to come naturally to him. There is always unseen evil, but not to him. He saw it all. He controlled it all. I was never taught different.

Until I met him.

Now, I see where I've been. I know where I'm going, and it took me time. But if you'd like, I'll tell you in these pages how I left my evil and found my haven.

"You know they're going to find me! You can't hide forever!"

I was awoken by a ladies voice yelling from down the hall. With my werewolf hearing, I could hear their footsteps getting closer. I crept into the darkest corner of the chilling room and laid waiting.

The door to the very small basement swung open, and reveled Mark with a girl that looked to be my age.

Mark was one of the guards that stood outside the door. I know very little about him. I know he likes it when I try to escape. I know he likes to be the one to catch me. He likes to see me punished. I learned very quickly to stop trying.

"Just get in there and shut up!" Mark yelled as he pushed the girl into the room. That was when I got a better look at her.

She had short blond hair and nice blue eyes. She was dressed pretty nice. Firm jeans and a pretty blouse. She's new. She has to be new. Pretty doesn't last long here.

I have seen girls come and go from this place for years.

The rouges take Alphas or Betas close family, then make them pay a heavy fine to get them back.

No one came to get me though. The boss told me that my parents died two years after I was kidnapped. There's no one to save me. Now, I'm a burden and they make sure I know it.

There are two thing that are different from me and all the other girls.

The first being that I have no Alpha or Beta blood in me at all.

And secondly, I have the power to heal. I am gifted? Cursed? I guess it just depends on your station.

At a very young age, I had my first shift. I was a blood red wolf. A big flashy red sign that I have the power of healing touch. I just let my body take control. I can heal anyone, but it takes all my energy making me very weak. Over the years, I have found new ways to expand my power, and with a never ending flow of sick or injured girls, I am never short of patients. The only thing I can't do is heal myself. Ironic.

Refocusing on the girl, I see her standing on her toes looking out the window. It was not a new sight, The misguided light source was a good an escape route as the door.

"It'd be best to wait. Your family will pay the money they ask, and you will go home soon." I said. She jumped and turned looking for me through the darkness. There was a strange pull I had in my stomach for this girl, however, I could not site it.

"Who's there?" she asked. Her voice was a little shaky.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. If I tried, there is no way I could," I said. Slowly, I slid out from my corner and into the light. She gasped probably at me appearance. I was at one of my worst today. Yesterday, I suffered greatly at the hands of bottled rage.

"I'm sorry. I can't walk very well right now." I said looking away, so I wouldn't have to see the look of horror on her face. She bent down next to me, and helped me slide over to the wall. I leaned against it with a sigh.

"Thank you." I said. She looked at me her eyes were sad, and her face furrowed into a frown, "Don't be sad. I'm sure your family will come in no time." I said the only smile I could manage to get out.

I could practically feel her pity radiating off her.

"I'm sure your parents will come for you too." She said. I was hit with a wave of pain, and my heavy breathing filled the room. I'd like to play into her illusion. I don't get happy endings.

All at one, the familiar sound of footsteps and jingling keys hit my ears. Panic took over my form.

"Are you okay?" she said

"He's coming." I say. I could hear his footsteps coming down the hall to the basement. The heavy heeled walk, and click of the buckle strapped to the side will always be a triggering reminder of what's coming.  I looked at her eyes as filled with fear, and I knew I had to do something fast. I knew what he would do.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Chloe,"

"Okay, Chloe I want you to go in the corner, and stay there okay? Don't even make a sound." I said hastily as he was almost here. She nodded and did as I told her. Whereas, I stayed in the light getting ready to for the show.

The door swung open, and he walked in the room with his head held high. The usual smirk played on his lip, and his ego was definitely higher than normal.

"Hello, what a lovely surprise. I didn't exactly expect to see you... upright. You took a hard one last night." He said. I just narrowed my eyes at him. He approached me slowly as one would approach a stray animal. He lifted his hand to caress my face, but with a jerking movement I snarled and pulled away. However, he paid it no mind. He carried on as if the reaction were expected.

"Where's the fresh meat?" he asked looking around.

"Sleeping." I answer. The lie flowed out of my mouth; the bitterness almost catching on my teeth.

"That's a shame. You know how I like to welcome them." he said with a wink. I looked away.

"Don't bother her. You'll get your money soon. There is no need for that."

"What did you say?"

"I said leave her alone." I say feeling a bit brave or stupid. I couldn't decide which I was best suited for at the moment.

"I don't think so. There's no need to be jealous little one. Although, I would love to punish you for specking to me like that, it will just have to wait." He said and walked over to Chloe.

I knew I needed to do something. I knew it needed to get his attention. The only thing that seemed capable of working at the moment was my running mouth, so I went with that. I spit on him.

He slowly turned to look at me. I new look of anger, but excitement for what was to come blazed into his every.

"I guess new-be will have to wait. You just seem starved for my attention." He said grabbing my arm and pulled me to my feet making my whole body shake with pain.

He pulled me by my raised elbow up the stairs, leaving my legs to stumble behind. I turned to look at Chloe. As our eyes locked, I felt the pull so strongly, and made the spontaneous decision to give Chloe my one piece of freedom. I took the key I had self molded to the door out of my back pocket, and dropped it lightly on the floor making sure that she noticed. She had more to live for than myself. She was worth more.

The sad reality hit me harder than he ever had.

He took me to the usual room, and threw open the door. He walked to the familiar closet.

"Get in." He said. I started to cry. My brave façade broke like my legs out from under me. I toppled to the floor with a bang.

Not there. I can't. I won't. My pride was forgot and like a child I begged.

"Please, I'll be good I promise. I'll behave and-and-"

He walked over and dragged me into the closet painfully shutting the door and light. My breathing increased with the beating of my heart and my growing panic.

"Stay in there. I have to go talk to Mark about the money offer with the new girl." He said. The sound of the room door closing was only a cold, distant reminder of just how alone I really was.

"Don't leave me, please. I don't wanna be alone. I don't wanna be alone. I don't wanna-"

My heart beat grew wild and although there was nothing to see but black, colorful dots filled my mind making me dizzy. It suddenly became hard to form words. As the darkness called to give into the dizziness, my body began to sway with each wave I felt. My head was pounding, or I thought it was my head. I slowly became aware that I was beating against the door. An act I had never done before, for fear of the repercussions. Suddenly, I didn't care what he did to me. I just wanted out of this thing, but this damn door wouldn't budge.

1... 2... 3...

I tried counting. It was a learned trick that always helped to calm me down. However, my mind was moving so fast. I couldn't get past three.

I don't know how long I stayed like that: an hour maybe two. I was alerted when I started to hear shouting. Snapping my eyes open, I tried to focus my werewolf hearing on their words.

My brain could not focus on one thing though. There was so many shouts and noise. There was sound that sounded like someone beating on a door. There were crashes and screams. Was this all in my mind? My heart beat skipped when I heard what they were saying outside my door.

"They have attacked! We can't stay here." It sounded like Mark. I shuttered closer to the wall.

"I am aware. You go get Lily."

"There's no time."

"Then kill her," said the boss. My deep breath caught in my throat, and tears fell faster down my face.

"What?" Mark asked

"I said what I said. No one can know about what I trying to do. If you don't want to get caught don't leave evidence."

"I... I-I do-don't think I could do that."

"My God, I will. You want something done do it yourself." I shook the door harder. I have to get out of here. I don't want to die.

"W-what are y-you doing?" Mark studded

"Removing the evidence. Let's go."

It doesn't take long before I started to feel the heat. Looking through the cracks between the door and its frame, I could see the bedroom now catching fire. I could see it leaving a trail from outside the door to the bed sheets. A thing that was made for good, turned evil, like most things he put his filthy hands on.

The smoke wrapped it's hand around my throat, and squeezed it for every last drop of oxygen I had left. The burn traveled from my nose down to my lungs. It was itching at my insides, setting every part of my body on fire.

I screamed, and beat the door with all the strength I had left, but it was no good. No one could hear me. I screamed again, but this time for myself and the life I knew I was about to leave.

I started panic with the confined space and the heat. I just wanted it all to stop. I wanted to be free of this place. I want to go home. I don't know where home is anymore. I've got to get out. Out. Out.

A guttural growl fill the bedroom as the door is busted open. I feel a lightness come over me as my mind becomes hazy. However, through the fog of my mind and the fog created by the smoke I see there in the place of the door was a turned wolf. He was massive with his viscous breathing and eyes of determination.

I screamed trying to get his attention, but the roof fell through creating a barricade to the closet. By the dark growl the wolf let out, he seemed to have heard me.

I could almost feel the fire on the outside of the door burning me skin. I went all the way to the back of the wall, knowing there is no way he could save me.

I was so wrong. Just as I was giving into the darkness clouding my vison, the torturous closet door caved open .

I found myself staring into his beaming black eyes. That was the kind of darkness I wanted to cloud my mind.

'Mate' my wolf said. I sat paralyzed as the ring of my wolves' voice echoed through my ears for the first time.

*********************

{Landon}

My pack and I were split up into two groups: one that would attack first creating a way into the house, and the other that raid the inside

We stood there at the end of the wilderness. Everyone waiting for my command. I wait until I see a man step out to light a cigarette, and give my pack the signal. It was now or never.

My group and I stayed behind, and waited until there was a clear shot into the house. It didn't take long. Once I saw that most of the rouges were out of the house, and occupied with my men, we made a run for the inside. However, my emotions were not as stable as I needed them to be. I was confident in myself and my men, but there was just something about being here that threw me off my game.

'Chill.' I told my wolf.

Its- he was caught off by my Delta.

'Alpha, we have her scent' he mind linked.

'I'll lead the way.'

Once we got close to the door, I immediately grabbed the handle in a hurry to get in, but jumped back from the burn it caused. Silver.

"Chloe, can you hear me?" I called out to her.

"Oh thank God, took you long enough." she responded. I sighed in relief, she's okay.

"Chloe is there any other way to get into the door?" I asked.

"No. There is only a- wait I have something." She started to mumble something incoherent.

"Chloe," I asked after a while.

"Ah yes, I found it."

"What? What did you-," then the door swung open to revile a very alive Chloe, "find." I finished.

I scooped her up into my arms, giving her a quick hug before I started for the exit, hauling her behind me.

"Landon! Stop, I have something to tell you! We need to go back!" I ignored her pleas and quickly carried her outside to see that most of the rouges were dead or running. I carefully Chloe on the ground.

"What? You can't go back in there. Are you crazy?"

"There's a girl in there, Landon. She's hurt and she saved me twice! I- we can't leave her." Chloe almost begged.

"Fine, I'll go, but you stay here." I said

"No, I want to come with you!"

"No, I'm wasting time just arguing with you." I turned back to the house and saw black smoke coming from the back part of the house. Shit, it was on fire.

I started to run towards the house trying to catch a sent that would give me direction to this girl, but all I could smell was smoke.

I could feel my stomach twist, and my wolf started pacing. Out of anxiety, I started to pick up my pace. Then, from the other side of the house, I heard a blood curling scream. It sent shivers straight down my spine and my heart in a ache. It was enough pain to bring my wolf to the surface, and I quickly let him take over.

Mate! He said. The word sent me into a panic as I raced to beat the fire to my mate.

I stopped at a door where the scent was strong, and I growled when I heard her cough. I broke down the door expecting to see my mate but didn't. I heard a choke from the closet, but I couldn't see well; the room was on blazing and the smoke was unbearable. I took a step towards the closet and the ceiling above it caved in, and fell right in front of the door

I heard her scream again and a growl escaped my lips out of frustration. I have to think of something and fast. I have to get her out of there.

Protect her.

It wasn't a hard decision, and I could even feel the pain as I jumped through the open flames into the small closet. I could feel the fire eating way at my skin. The epidermis felt like it was being shaved off, but still the pain of it had not registered.

I have to get her out of here, and the fastest way was to carry her.

I didn't even get a good look at her before I nudged her legs, and jerked my head backwards. Hoping she would understand to get on my back, as I got down lower to the ground to help her get on.

She crawled her way to me not even using her legs at all. I helped her onto my back with ease.

Her small, fragile hand griped my fur. The warmth that spread was amazing, and the opposite warmth that I knew I was going to feel after I was out of here.

I leapt through the fire as best I could, try to act as a shield for my mate. I safety maneuvered her out of the house. Every time I head her cough, I pushed myself to go a little faster. Until I tumbled out the front door and onto the ground.

I laid mate on the ground satisfied knowing I got her out safe. It was then that I started to feel the severity of my injuries. Every part of my body was on fire. I let my self shift back into human form. I cried out as my burned body hit the grass.

People start to gather around, there were so many people, and all I wanted to see was my mate. I wanted to see her eyes just once. Everyone started yelling for a pack doctor, it was madness.

Then, I heard this tiny angelic voice.

"Excuse me." the voice said. I closed my eye in comfort at the sound of that voice.

"I can help him."

"Please, get out of the way!"

"Move out of the way!" The soft but strong voice said and everyone became silent. No one moved, no one said a word.

I saw her, it was my mate coming towards me. Like a new born baby she crawled the short distance to me."

She made her way to my side and rose to her knees. All eyes were on her, but she didn't care.

"I don't think I can make it-" I said but she stopped me by kissing my forehead. I closed my eyes at the sparks that ignited on my head spreading all over my body. She was making the pain seem less painful.

"Shh," Was all she said.

"My name I-is Landon." I told her wanting her to have met me through me and not anyone else. I watched as her doe eyes turned glassy.

"Lily," she shakily whispered in my hear. I felt the shivers of bliss and completion run down my spine. A smile took place before the pain.

I watched as her hand moved over my body sending shivers down my spine. I was very confused on what she was doing. She closed her eyes and started to sing. Her small hand ran up and down my burns,and I was waiting for the pain but it never did. Instead,I felt the heat being replaced with a soothing coolness, as she whispered softly.

"Use this my gift to thee/ my help for endless sleep/ breathe in my breath and out my soul/ a healing touch to take you whole."

My eyes fluttered open to my eye to see steam rising from my body. I listen to her sweet voice sing that song a few more times, then it stopped. I felt no more pain, or tiredness. I was wide awake. I looked her in the eye and watched as the life slowly went away, but not before she smiled and said, "It worked."

Then, her smile slowly faulted, and she crumbled to the ground.

Authors note

I put a lot of work into this chapter so I hope you guys like it.

All I ask is that you keep reading.

And don't forget to smile.

<3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 154K 80
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meet Layla Anderson runt of the pack. In most packs runts are taken care of, protected. Although in Layla's case this wasn't it. Ever...
1.8M 47K 34
"My heart palpitated in my chest as my eyes settled on the beast of the man, my mate, his lips curled away from his teeth and he snarled at anyone wh...
164 0 38
Molly is a 17 year old girl who belongs to the Crescent Moon Pack awaiting her 18th birthday to get her wolf. Emmett is the soon to be Alpha of the...
1.3M 43.6K 35
My memories always haunt me. And they never cease. They come back when I hear a simple howl at night. I wish they would just disapear, like how I ma...