Strike Team Demigod [Percy Ja...

By straightouttaarrows

------------------------BOOK 2 IN THE DEMIGOD AVENGER SERIES------------------------ (if you haven't read the... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1 - Training, Threatening and Five Minutes Before Capture the Flag
Chapter 2 - Capture the Flag Part II and Fury's Interuption
Chapter 3 - You look awfully healthy for someone who's supposed to be dead
Chapter 4 - Why are there two of you?!?!?!
Chapter 5 - We've kept an eye on you two. (That's not creepy or anything)
Chapter 6 - From SHIELD to STARK Towers
Chapter 7 - Dreams of the Past
A/N: PLZ READ!!
SNEAK PEEK: Life in Avengers Tower
Chapter 8 - Other Segal and The Barton Household
➳➳➳ Lock Screen Tag ➳➳➳
Chapter 9 - Snowball fights interrupted by a certain Director of Fury
Chapter 10 - From a farmhouse.....to another farmhouse.
Chapter 11 - Anxiety and Fire people who want to kill us..........lovely
Chapter 12 - Do you want me to keep eating it?
<<---- Handwriting Tag ---->>
Chapter 13 - Interrogated by an Insane Individual
Chapter 14 - The Real Mandarin
➸➸A-Z Tag and Shoutout!!➸➸
Chapter 15 -It's Recruiting Time Again
Chapter 16 - The Big Fight...and I get a new glove
Chapter 17 - Breaking in the Recruits and The Potato Gun Mark II
FOR GODS SAKES STEVE DOESN'T LIKE THAT KIND OF TALK!!!
Chapter 18 - Blizzard and Last Minute Changes
Chapter 20 - Well, this is awkward
Chapter 21 - Netflix and.....yeah, that's really about it
Chapter 22 - Taking a Trip Down His Memory Lane
MARVEL FANFIC AWARDS
Chapter 23 - You Again....
Isn't a chapter but still important **PLEASE READ**
Chapter 24 - Have you ever been on the run before?!
Chapter 25 - She only acts like she knows everything
Chapter 26 - "Specimen"
Chapter 27 - I Jinxed It......Whoops
Chapter 28 - I don't remember giving any of you an address + SNEAK PEEK
Chapter 29 - Uhh...I know who the hell Bucky is??? But I don't think that helps
Chapter 30 - Fitz indirectly saves our lives
Chapter 31 - Can't kill you if you're already dead
Chapter 32 - My Dad...isn't who I thought he was
A/N: 16k & 500 votes!!!! + Q/A maybe???
Chapter 33 - "We're okay,"
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK IS POSTED!!

Chapter 19 - You call that running? (PLUS A LITTLE CW RANT: NO SPOLIERS)

624 24 18
By straightouttaarrows

**One week later**

Lexi POV:

Knock, Knock, Knock

"Lexi! You awake in there?" A voice from the other side of my bedroom door asks.

"Go away. I'm sleeping," I groan. "Sleep is important to me. Why the in the name of Hades are you waking me up at....." I look over at the clock. "5:10 in the morning." Then the gravity of the situation strikes me. "Wait, Steve what the heck are you doing in my apartment at 5:10 in the morning and how did you even get in!"

"Uhh, I'm here because agreed to me training you. And you gave me a key?" He says, more like a question. "A running has is a big part of training. You're lucky I let you skateboard. Get up Carson I made breakfast."

"Ugh.....fine. And I don't trust your breakfast." I say, getting up and heading to the bathroom to change.

"It wasn't that bad!" He says from the kitchen laughing.

"YOU NEARLY BURNT DOWN THE KITCHEN ROGERS!" I yell to him.

"It still could have been worse!" He yells back.

I roll my eyes and laugh, pulling on a running shirt that says "Team Mermaid", some leggings, a blue jacket, blue sneakers a purple beanie and grabbing my skateboard before heading to the bathroom, doing bathroom stuff and weaving my hair into a messy braid.

I walk out of the bathroom and down the hall to Steve eating toast and MY FAVORITE CEREAL!

"Woah Steve, just because I gave you the key to my place does not mean that you get to eat my Frosted Flakes," I say, grabbing the box from him. "Those are mine."

"If you say so." He responds, taking a sip of orange juice. I pour myself a bowl of flakes and eat up quickly, sending out a text to Connor before I notice Steve's expression. 

Something's up.

"Steve, you alright?" I ask.

"What? Yeah, I'm doing alright." He responds. "Why?"

"You just seem a little off," I respond. "Rough night?"

"You could say that." He says, not wanting to continue. I pick up on his feeling and look back down at my phone.

"You ready to go?" Steve asks, washing his bowl in the sink.

I nod and clean up the kitchen before  walking out behind Steve and locking the door. Once we finally make it out of the apartment building, I drop my skateboard to the ground and get on it as Steve starts running. "You gonna make a conversation this time or is this going to be as awkward as yesterday?" I ask.

Steve shakes his head at me but continues to smile. "Depends on what you want to talk about Carson."

"Well, is Natasha's movie night thing still on for tomorrow?" I ask.

"Well, she has to work tomorrow night so a definite no," Steve replies.

"We can do it at your place. I mean you should probably learn how to use your DVD player eventually." I joke.

Steve shoots me a look and I put my hands up. "Just saying!"

We fall into a comfortable silence and eventually start taking laps around the monuments of Washington D.C. Which is easier said than done. I mean I might be on my skateboard, but I still have to keep my speed up to stay with a super-soldier.

And surprisingly as the minutes pass by, we end up passing the same guy multiple times. Steve would pass him up and say "On your left," then I'd pass him up a couple moments later and say "On your right."

Let's just say he doesn't really appreciate it. I can see him up ahead right now and Steve and I are about to take our last pass of him before we stop. He sees the two of us and starts sprinting as we come closer. "Don't say it! Don't you two say it!"

"On your left," Steve says.

"On your right!" I laugh.

"COME ON!!" He yells at us as we run and roll away. After about fifteen more minutes we find him resting under the shade of a tree. I look up at the sky and only just realize how much the sun has risen.

"Need a medic?" Steve teases the guy.

"I need a new set of lungs man." He responds. "Dude, you just ran like thirteen miles in thirty minutes," Then he looks at me. "And you skateboarded it!"

I let out a laugh and say, "Yes I did,"  pleasantly surprised that I was able to keep up with Steve for that great of a distance. Steve smiles, "I guess we got a late start."

"Oh, really?" He jokes. "You two should be ashamed of yourselves. You guys should take another lap." And looks away before looking back at us. "Did you two take it? I assumed you two just took it." 

"What unit are you with?" Steve asks, noticing the guy's sweatshirt.

"Fifty-eighth, Para-rescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." He extends a hand out to Steve. He grabs it and helps to pull the guy up. "Sam Wilson."

"Steve Rogers."

"Yeah I kinda figured that out," Sam says before looking over at me and noticing my color choice in clothing. "And who might you be Blue?"

I laugh at the nickname and extend a hand, "Lexi Carson."

"Nice to meet you," Sam says before turning back to Steve. "Must have freaked you out coming home after the whole defrosting thing."

"Well, it takes some getting used too," Steve replies and starts to walk off. "It's good to meet you, Sam." 

"It's your bed right?" Sam says, noticing the same "offness" in Steve that I did this morning. Steve turns around sharply, confused.

"What's that?" 

"Your bed, it's too soft." Sam states. "When I was over there I slept on the ground and used a rock for pillows, like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and It's like..."

"Lying on a marshmallow." Steve finishes. "I feel like I'm gonna sink right to the floor."

Sam nods, and I can feel a mutual understanding pass between the two. And I'm glad. Nat and I have been trying to get Cap to make some friends outside of SHIELD so this is definitely an improvement.

"How long?" Steve asks.

"Two tours," Sam answers. "You must miss the good old days, huh?"

"Well, things aren't so bad." "Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot trying to catch up."

"Cough, thanks to me, cough" I cough out, trying to hold in laughter. Steve turns to me and gives me the another look while Sam laughs.

"See! Someone gets my sense of humor." I exclaim gesturing to Sam.

"Whatever man," Sam laughs, shaking his head. "But seriously, Marvin Gaye, 1972, "Trouble Man" soundtrack. Everything you've missed jammed into one album."

"Oh my gods yes," I say. "How did I not think of that?!"

"I'll put it on the list," Steve says and pulls out his little notebook of things he needs to look into.

"Your generation like actually knows what that is?" Sam says surprised. 

"My mom used to be a huge fan," I say, smiling at the memory.

"Used to be? What happened?" Sam questions.

"Um, she died.," I say, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"I'm so sorry. I di-" Sam says.

"Didn't know about it. It's cool." I smile reassuringly at him. "I've moved past it. But I will make sure Steve listens to that soundtrack." I say, changing the subject. Right before Steve and I get a text message that ends up being from Nat.

"Alright, Sam, duty calls," Steve says after checking his phone. "Thanks for the run. If that's what you wanna call running."

"Oh darn," I say. "Steve's a savage."

"Oh, that's how it is?" Sam says, laughing.

"Oh, that's how it is," Steve says as we walk to the car that just pulled up on the curb.

"Okay. Anytime you wanna stop by the VA, make me look awesome in front of the girl at the front desk, just let me know." Sam says to Steve. "That includes you too Blue!"

"We'll keep it in mind," I say, smiling.

"Hey, you people. Anyone of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." Natasha says, rolling down a window. I snort and Steve shakes his head. "Hilarious."

"How you doing?" Sam says to Nat, nodding.

"Hey," she smiles back.

"You can't run everywhere.," Steve says.

"No you can't," Sam and I say at the same time. I give him a little wave as Nat steps on it, zooming off to the Triskeleon.

"Where are we going again?" I ask.

"The Lemurian Star," Nat responds.

Hey guys!!! So AP TESTING IS OVER!!!! That means now I actually have time to update!! Plus summer is like literally only two weeks away. But other than that....hang on, let me get caps lock on......

I SAW CIVIL WAR ON FRIDAY AND OH MY GOODNESS IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL I LOVED IT SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

COMMENT HERE IF YOU GUYS HAVE ALREADY SEEN IT!!!!!

AHHHH I CAN'T, I NEED TO SEE IT AGAIN

I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN

SPIDEY WAS EVERYTHING I HAD HOPED FOR

#TEAMCAP

So I hope you guys liked this part! Vote and comment if you did and follow me if you haven't already!

Okay I'm calm now XD.

Probably not.

Shoot straight guys,

StraightOuttaArrows :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 4.5K 32
THIS BOOK IS NOT EDITED AND PROBABLY WILL NEVER BE, THESE ARE THOUGHTS FROM ME MANY YEARS AGO SO DO NOT TAKE MY WRITING SERIOUSLY ------------BOOK 1...
1.4K 43 20
(SPOILER WARNING- SPOILERS FOR ALL OF THE MARVEL MOVIES LEADING UP TO CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS BEFORE THIS ONE IN THE TRIO...
228K 6.9K 30
Part One of the "No Tricks" Trilogy. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes AKA The Winter Soldier doesn't remember much of his past. You are a forme...
38.3K 1.5K 25
❤︎✧Clintasha romance novel✧❤︎ Book 1 (Completed) Teenage years + Romanogers and Buckynat moments ( I'm just borrowing the characters from Marvel and...