Hazy

By JamieDenise

Jamie Bennett doesn't like spontaneity. She believes to have a dull life and she prefers it that way. She nev... More

Hazy
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Bonus Chapter. (Harry's P.O.V)
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Bonus Chapter. (Austin's P.O.V)
Chapter Nine.
Bonus Chapter. (Marcel's P.O.V)
Hazy: What He Was And What Became Him
Hazy: What's Yet To Come (Extended Excerpt/Teaser)
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.

Chapter Three.

12.1K 297 93
By JamieDenise

Author’s Note: Another note, sorry. Thank you guys for being so supportive and patient with me! I wanted the flashbacks to be perfect so I’m taking my time to jot down the ideas and mesh them together carefully ‘cause I really want these chapters to be the way I pictured them to be when I was still working on the first chapter, contemplating on a lot of things.

I hope you guys don’t mind. These next chapters are the center of the story and I’m honestly really scared of what you’ll think of the story itself once the main conflict is revealed. I hope you’ll stay with me, because I really, really love reading your comments and seeing you guys vote for my story and above all, I’m excited to write more about Harry and Jamie and how their story will evolve.

Oh, and I think I’m getting tired of my book cover. I don’t know. Should I change it? If anyone wants to make me a book cover for Hazy, you can submit it to me! I would appreciate it! Thank you! :)

___________

Hazy.  Chapter Three.

I remembered the tears spilling from my eyes like they just happened yesterday. In my nightmares, they stung far worse than when it originally happened. Maybe because in the cast of black clouds hovering over me, my nightmare can duplicate what I felt that night almost three years ago; it felt so raw. It felt so real. It all feels like the first time.

>>>>> FLASHBACK >>>>> 

“Stop it! Leave him alone!” I tugged my boyfriend’s arm with both of my hands, trying to stop him from bullying the poor guy he and some of our friends bully almost every day.

“Come on, we’re gonna be late in our next class.” I persuaded him, jerking harder as he ripped out pages on the guy’s homework and agenda. I frowned. This guy must’ve done it weeks ago and now it’s all ruined – his reports, his schedules, everything, thanks to my boyfriend.

“Austin. Austin, please.” I pleaded, now hugging his arm to my side.

Austin stopped the second he heard me call out his name. He dropped the thrashed notebooks onto the guy’s lap, turning his attention to me.

“Sorry ‘bout that, babe.” He smirked, his jaw stretching to show a perfect carved line. His lips raked to the side. I melted within me, even though his semi-smile didn’t meet his dusky gray eyes that I adore.

“Let’s go?” Austin mouthed as he held out a hand for me.

I slightly shook my head. “You go ahead first. I think I forgot something in my locker.” I lied, acing it with a huge innocent smile playing on my lips.

He nodded; his infamous smirk still visible on his face.

“See you tomorrow, geek!” Austin alerted while he grabbed his huge varsity jacket that was on the floor before he skid past the hallways.

“Are you alright? I’m so sorry.” I asked the guy who was now looking at me with his thick-rimmed glasses. His glasses have massive oblong frames that I believe were too big for his face.

His eyes scanned at me, probably asking himself if it’s okay to speak to me – since, well, I am the bully’s girlfriend.

He donned a shy smile as a dimple formed on the side of his cheek.

He was so adorable.

“I’m sorry about your homework.” I kneeled so we’re both on the ground, helping him pick up the torn pieces of paper scrambled all over the hallway floor. It’s the least I could do for all the trouble Austin’s causing him every day.

“Yeah, it’s not so bad.” He responded.

I jumped a little, surprised that he spoke to me for the first time.

He snorted as I narrowed my eyes playfully at him. 

“That was a fake one. I figured he would come around again and I really don’t want to explain myself to my teacher.” His voice came out a little screechy, but I was overwhelmed that he talked to me nevertheless. He is so nice.

Why can’t Austin be nice to him?

“Wow, that’s really… smart of you.” I giggled, trying to choose my choice of adjectives carefully around him.

 “Well,” He continued.

“I don’t want to reason out that my dog ate my homework since I don’t have a dog, so…”

“That leaves you no other choice but to forge your homework and—“

“Yes. That’s basically my plan.” He grinned at me, as he stood up dusting himself. I took his large palm he held out to help me stand on my feet.

“That’s brilliant.” I snickered, sharing the same grin.

It was always like that.

Every day.

I always find time to bring him band-aids every single day, whether Austin and his gang would either steal his lunch money and food, rip his fake homework, mess up his hair that’s pushed back out of his forehead with gel, break his glasses and flush it on the school toilet or beat him ‘til he fainted – with that, he dramatically acts like he’s dead.

It was kind of an inside joke for the both of us – and when I looked into his eyes every time he gets bullied or hurt, I was always in awe. He’s beautiful. It’s as if the pain wasn’t there – physically and emotionally.

That amazes me. How can he still smile and look at people like that? He looks at people like they’re something special. Like everything’s brand new to him, like nothing really hurts.

Of course I could tell that he’s afraid of Austin, and Jake, Kevin, Bryan – the rest of his minions. Who wouldn’t?

They’re pretty intimidating, I could say so myself. I’m quite terrified by them in a way they tower over everyone, but of course I keep my mouth shut and snuggle with Austin, or read a good book or just eat quietly with my lunch on the cafeteria table we usually hang around.

But to him, I guess he’s used to them. He’s used to it. Seeking for help would make Austin bully him more, so he has no choice but to deal with them. So, he’s pretty amazing at that.

What I learned to love about him is that, his eyes look at me innocently, big, bright and green – like the grasses that are just growing out for spring’s full bloom. Whenever they blink slowly, I can’t ignore the sparks his eyes create, like fireworks in a dull night’s sky. The way he looks at me every time, I feel so happy and warm.

When I absentmindedly compare his eyes to Austin’s, it’s like comparing spring to winter. His eyes look alive, whereas Austin’s eyes look and feel… cold. It’s as if you’re trapped in someplace freezing with no sweater on. I realized Austin never looks at me the way the guy with the glasses does. I just feel like, I’m there, like I’m just an accessory.

At the end of the day, I pity Austin. I pity our friends and I also pity myself. We’re stuck in the dreadful part of high school where we live up with expectations and messed-up crowds.

It’s funny how I never got his name. All that I know is he loves to sit alone in the abandoned swing far out of the school field every afternoon, sprawled out daydreaming and doing homework.

We have four classes together: Math, Science, Reading and History so I know he’s a junior too.

He likes to wear knitted vests and khakis that match, pairing them with his leather shoes and leather mailman bag.

His hair stays messily kempt onto his head – gelled to his own liking, and that he was really, really smart.

I was secretly hoping to get to know him a lot better ‘cause I really thought he was nice. Who knew I kind of knew a lot about this geek they’re bullying at school?

I was seventeen. I was a junior along with Austin.

I met him when were in our first year in high school but we started dating last year and I have always figured out the familiarity of him – his figure, his charm, his structure, his finesse. He was really attractive, like a prince charming from a fairytale – even though he was kind of a douche to everybody if he’s not in the mood.

But what would I do? He was the most popular guy in our school. He’s the quarterback in our football team and I am labeled as the “most envied girl” in here. It’s not like I like that kind of label on me, ‘cause I don’t. I hated it. I hated the way people treat me. Maybe I was blinded by the idea of me being in love with Austin as he loves me back. He was in the popular crowd and I was a dork.

A nobody.

Maybe getting dragged out of my corner to his world – sparked my curiosity to bite his offer to be his girlfriend, since I liked him since the day I laid my eyes on him, and I never had the chance to walk away.

My dad advised me to act naturally once I got in the popular scene. I don’t know what he meant by naturally ‘cause I didn’t really pry onto his details and I wasn’t really that popular. I just know that I was always noticed by people just because I’m Austin’s girlfriend. My dad told me that a lot of labels will be listed on me and I will be backstabbed a couple of times so I have to be careful. But that’s the way in high school, right? You get labeled, badmouthed and lied on to a couple of times – you just have to keep your cool and survive. That’s the key.

I was in my first relationship with Austin, and I was happy with what’s going on in my life in high school. I was quiet. I have friends. I’m doing pretty well with my grades in school and sooner or later, I’m going to college – hopefully with Austin by my side. Everything’s according to plan.

But along the way, I find myself dreaming of grasses, and fireworks, and abandoned swings.

___________

Author’s Note: I know this was a bit all over the place and unsorted, but the flashbacks will be better in the next chapters, I swear! Vote and comment what you think of the story so far! Writing the next chapter now, so maybe, double update?

Do you guys have any idea who the geek is? ;)

Oh, by the way – Austin Potter, Jamie’s boyfriend in the flashback is played by Douglas Booth! :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 126 25
Rose Doyle grows up lonely and she's being bullied at school. She wants a friend and signs up on a website. What happens when she meets Harry Style...
8.7K 69 48
Johanna Green is an 18 year old who is been kidnapped by a 21 year old psychopath know as Marcel Stevens/Harry styles. Marcel (or Harry) is a charmin...
3.4K 76 30
His cuddly, soft image maybe showing but, what about the dark side of Harry Edward Styles?
441 36 31
Bella is a 19 year old college student, she was invited to a football (soccer) game one night, and got a glare by a boy named Harry styles that was a...