Chapter One.

Hazy. Chapter One.

My eyes bore down my venti drink which is a cotton candy frappe that wasn’t even empty halfway. It was quite too sweet for my liking, the pumps of the raspberry syrup were maybe too much combined with the vanilla bean frappe, but I guess I don’t mind. The barista might be having a rough day and accidentally added an extra push of syrup to my foreign drink, or probably because I am too bland to allow extra sweetness in my life.

Probably that.

I could say I kinda liked it. Well, I should like it ‘cause I made Luke choose what drink I would have since he basically paid for it. Since this is a date. At my favorite coffee shop near University of Washington, which is my university as of the moment.

Okay, I’m thinking way too much.

 I chewed down my straw and glanced at him. Luke, who was already looking at me, instantly flashed a smile before he took a bite at his bagel. I smiled back even though I have a straw in between my lips. This was actually our second time hanging out together. We have one subject we share, Astronomy – which is one of his major subjects while it’s just an extra of mine, and it was nice of him to ask me out despite of my blandness.

“I really like this. It’s my first time drinking it.” I stirred at my drink as some of the whipped cream stuck on the straw, muttering a half-baked lie at the frappe he chose for me.

Luke’s eyebrows shoot up as he ran his fingers through his golden brown hair styled in soft spikes directing to his left. Wow, he is really attractive. I think he was glad on what I just said considering his cheeks registered some redness in his pale face.

“Really? I-I’m glad you liked it.” His dimple showed up while he talked. I giggled a bit. Luke’s adorable. He is a year and a half younger than me but we’re at the same year. He’s into Environment and Geography, while I’m taking up Language, Literature and a little bit of History on the side. I guess he was just put to school earlier than the norm.

His ocean blue eyes widened when I mumbled a compliment on his statement white shirt he’s wearing today. Well, we’re still on the “Hey we just met and I like you but I’m still shy” stage so this is pretty much a big step up.

Wait, do I like him already? Do I? I quickly shooed the thought away from my clouded mind and mentally scold myself.

Not now, Jamie. Nice and slow.

“Where did you get that? It’s so cute.” I praised. Luke gazed down on his shirt, a sheepish grin plastered on his mouth.

“My best friend... Well, one of my best friends gave it to me some time ago. His name’s Ashton. He really wants to meet you—“

What? Already?

This is escalating swiftly than I expected.

I stared at his t-shirt with a bold “PUGS NOT DRUGS” print on it embossed in black. In the middle is a cute little cartooned pug frowning with a tiny pink heart on the pup’s left face.