The Blood of a Princess - Pet...

By katherinep97

The Lost Princess Series - First Book: Katharina, she's the last member of the royal family of Narnia. When T... More

Meeting The Pevensie Kids
Lucy and The Wardrobe
Meeting Mr. Tumnus
Back To Narnia
Mr. and Ms. Beaver
The Fox
The River
Aslan
Aslan's Death
The Battle
Coronation and The Hunting of the White Stag
SEQUEL

Adam's Blood

12.4K 296 51
By katherinep97

  Early in the morning, Aslan informed me that Edmund came last night so he was going to talk with him. I walked with Oreius and had a conversation. We both saw Peter standing outside his tent. I gave him a small smile and Oreius looked up at the hill, where Aslan was talking with Edmund.

Peter followed Oreius's stare and spotted Aslan and Edmund. "I'll go talk with him," I said to Oreius. he knew I was talking about Peter and he nodded and walked off while I went over to Peter.

I followed his eyes. "He just came. Last night," I replied and put my hand on Peter's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. "He's a bit tired so go easy on him," I said and he nodded.

Then, I saw Susan and Lucy walking over, smiling at me and Peter before looking at where we were staring. "Edmund!" Lucy shouted.

She was about to ran to Edmund until Peter quickly stopped her. Aslan and Edmund looked at us before looking back at each other. Aslan nodded to Edmund and they both walked down the hill, toward us.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past," Aslan said to us and then walked away. There was silent, no one moved. Edmund nervously met Peter's eyes but looked away, back to the ground. He glanced up at us for a moment before saying quietly, "Hello."

Lucy smiled and hugged him and he hugged her back. After Lucy, Susan hugged him and the they broke away. Edmund looked at me and I smiled softly before we hugged. We broke the hug as I asked, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm a little tired," He replied as he put his hands back in his pockets. "Get some rest," Peter said as he gestured his head in the direction of his tent. Edmund's smile disappeared and he walked past towards the tent.

I gave Peter a look. "And Edmund . . ." Peter called back. Edmund turned to face him. A smile grow across Peter's face as he said, "Try not to wander off again." Edmund gave a smirk before heading off to the tent.

...................

Edmund was awake soon and a table was set up outside in the sun for us to sit and have some food. Edmund seemed absolutely starving as he eat down slice after slice of toast, Lucy, who sat my side of me, was looking at him also in amusement.

"Narnia isn't going to run out of toast, Ed," Lucy said and Edmund smiled. "I'm sure they'll pack some up for the journey back," Peter spoke suddenly, coming over.

"Were going home?" Susan asked. "You are," Peter said and he sat down on my other side. "I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe. But that doesn't mean I can't stay and help."

"But, they need us . . . All five of us," Lucy said. "Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned, Edmund was almost killed!" Peter said. "Which is why we have to stay," Edmund spoke and we looked at him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do, and I've helped her do it. We can't leave these people behind to suffer for it."

"I suppose that's it then," Susan said and she got up. "Where are you going?" Peter asked. Susan picked up her bow and quiver, "Going to get some practice." Then she looked at me. "Can you teach me how to shoot?" She asked with a smile.

I smiled. "Sure," I replied and kissed Peter's cheek before getting up. I looked down at Lucy, who was smiling. "Coming, Lu?" I asked with a smile. She jumped to her feet and quickly grabbed her dagger and cordial before we headed off to the archery range.

When we got to the archery area, I showed Susan how to shoot. Susan loaded her bow with an arrow and tried to aim it at the center of the target. She let go and it hit the edge of the target. "Be more confident with your bow. Hold it strong but not to tight. Shoot a bit above the canter," I advised her.

Susan loaded another bow and aim. She did how I told her and she let go and the arrow landed itself in the second ring. "That was good," I said with a smile. Susan looked at me and smiled.

"I want to try," Lucy said and she pulled out her dagger and she launched it forward. It hit at the middle. We looked down at Lucy in amazement and she gave us a smile. "That was good," I said. "Yeah," Susan agreed with me.

We heard the sound of horses galloping towards us so we spun around and spotted Peter and Edmund practicing sword-fighting, riding on two large horses.

"Come on, Ed! Keep your sword up like Oreius showed us!" Peter said. We watched them in amusement as Edmund yelled, "En guard!" And then Peter said, "Now block!" Peter said.

But our fun was cut short by Mr. Beaver running up to them. The boys turned their horses around and Edmund's reared up onto his legs. "Whoa horsey!" Edmund called out as the horse's forelegs returned to the ground. "My name is Philip."

I giggled. "Oh, sorry," Edmund said to the horse, shocked. Mr. Beaver pulled back their attentions to him, "The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here!"

We quickly ran to the tents site. When we got there, we could see a large crowd of Narnians standing around. Everyone looked to the main path through the camp as a dwarf ran past. "Jadis, Queen of Narnia!" There were yells of protest from the Narnians. "Empress or the Lone Islands!" The dwarf continued.

We came to a stop together as we watched the Witch be carried forward on a large chair. I stood between Peter and Susan. I noticed Aslan's eyes narrow at the Witch. The four Cyclops carrying her chair, gently set it down. She stood up and never let her gaze leave Aslan.

She slowly approached Aslan and turned her head as she walked to look at Edmund, who stood at Peter's other side. She stopped only a couple of feet from Aslan. "You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan," She said.

Whispering spread throughout the crowd of Narnians. "His offence was not against you," Aslan said. "Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" The Witch said. Aslan roared in anger and growled at her, "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch! I was there when it was written."

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property," She said. Peter pulled his sword from it's sheath, "Try and take him then!"

"Do you think that a mere force can deny me my right, little king?" She asked Peter. I took a hold of Peter's hand. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water."

She turned to us pointed directly at Edmund. "That boy will die on the Stone Table as is tradition," The Witch said and she dropped her hand down to her side and turned back to face Aslan, "You dare not refuse me."

"Enough," Aslan stated, firmly. "I shall talk with you alone." The Witch turned to us and looked at me. "If only." She pointed directly at me, "She'll come."

My eyes slightly grow wide and I looked at Aslan as Peter gave my hand a squeeze. "This conversation just between you and me. The Princess doesn't need to be involved in this," Aslan said, narrowing his eyes at the Witch.

He turned and walked slowly into the large tent behind. The Witch glanced over at Edmund and then at me for a moment before following Aslan into the tent and then there was silence. No one left or even moved for a few minutes.

Finally people grew tired of standing and waiting but they didn't leave, they simply settled down on the ground to wait instead. We did so as well, sitting together silently with Mr. and Ms. Beaver. Edmund was nervously pulling at the grass.

I sighed nervously as I got up from my seat beside Susan. I went to stood near Aslan's tent. "Hey," Peter whispered as he took my hand as he stood beside me. I looked at him, "Do you think I should have be inside with them?"

"No," He said, shaking his head. "It's good that Aslan didn't let you." I sighed and looked away. "Hey," He said, putting his hand on my cheek and I looked back at him, locking eyes with him. "It's going to be fine."

Finally, the Witch came out and we looked at her as Peter and I went to stood next to his family. She looked at Edmund as she walked back to her chair and Aslan came out of the tent. We all looked at him, waiting.

Aslan's eyes were sad. The look in his eyes practically broke my heart. He then turned to address everyone, "She has renounced her claim on the son of Adam's blood." Everyone cheered. We were all laughing, clapping and talking cheerfully.

The Witch's voice broke through our celebrations, "How do I know your promise will be kept?" Then she said that, I knew something wasn't right. It would have to be something she really wanted if she gave up on killing Edmund. I turned my gaze to my godfather.

He gave a loud roar, which scared her literally into her seat. While everyone else laughed, my face stayed the same. What did he promised? The Cyclops that had carried the Witch, the chair lifted it back up into the air and carried her out again.

Everyone continued to celebrate but I didn't. I continued to watch Aslan, who had his head down. I felt someone grabbing my hand and I looked down to see Lucy, giving me a confused and concerned look.

I gave her a small smile as I shook my head and turned my gaze back to Aslan. My godfather met our stares for only a moment before turning his back and walking back to his tent.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.3K 31
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘”π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’? πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘› 𝐼'π‘š π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘‘, π‘Žπ‘š 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...
153K 3.9K 21
Eveline has watched over Narnia since the beginning. After the destruction of her home, the departure of her cold-hearted sister, and befriending Asl...
367K 12.3K 38
β™• Ranked #1 Book in Narnia, #1 Book in Aslan, and #2 Book in Edmund β™• "What?" Elizabeth exclaimed to Aslan. "I cannot possibly be the one the prophec...
20.5K 396 20
Book 1: The Pevensies are dropped off at the Professor's house during World War II. Enter, Annalisa Williams- Susan's best friend, and Hamish Willia...