Lucy and The Wardrobe

The next day wasn't what we expected. It was raining outside. So much for horseback riding. We all were in the studies room, Lucy was staring out of the window, Edmund was under a chair messing around with it, and Susan, Peter and I were playing a game that Susan made up. We were bored.

"'Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar'," Susan read form the dictionary and Peter and I shared a bored look. "Come on, 'Gastrovascular'," She said. Peter sighed. "Is it Latin?" He asked.

"Yes," Susan said. Edmund come out of the chair, "Is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented'?" He joked. Peter and I laughed softly and Susan closed the book. "We could play hide-and-seek," Lucy suggested as she walked over.

"But we're already having so much fun," Peter said sarcastically, looking back at Susan. Lucy grabbed Peter's arm. "Please . . . Pretty please . . ." She begged. Peter looked at me and I smiled. Peter smiled as he looked back at his sister. "One . . . two . . . three . . . four . . ."

We all got up to our feet quickly and walked out of the room. I took Susan's arm and we ran through a double door, into the library. "Eight-four, eighty-five . . ." We heard Peter in the background.

We giggled. "You know, he's going to find us first," She said. "Maybe," I said, shrugging as I seat on a chair. "He's been looking at you, did you notice?" She asked, grinning as she sat down on a chair beside me. "No," I said.

"I think he likes you. We all thinking like that," She said, smirking. I looked away, slightly blushing. "Do you like him too?" She asked. "I just meet him . . . And so you guys," I said. I won't lie, I do think Peter is cute.

Susan rolled her eyes. "Oh, come on, I saw how you two looked at each other last night. And so did Lucy noticed," She said and I blushed again.

"98, 99, 100 . . . Ready or not here I come," We heard Peter. "I'm back, I'm back! It's alright!" We heard Lucy calling. Susan and I shared a look before walking out of the library.

We saw Peter, Edmund and Lucy in the hallway. "Does this mean we win?" Susan asked. Peter turned to us. "I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore," He said. "But, I've been gone . . . for hours," Lucy said.

"Okay, where?" I asked. Lucy grabbed my hand. "Come with me," She said as she dragged me with her. I looked back and the others followed.

We got to a spare room that held a single wardrobe. "There was forest in the Wardrobe. A place called Narnia!" Lucy said with a big smile. My eyes grow wide. Did she found it?

I walked up to the wardrobe and opened the door. It was filled with fur coats. I pushed the coats aside and me, Susan and Edmund examined the wardrobe.

Susan and I looked at each other and frowned. We walked back to Peter and Lucy with Edmund walking from behind the wardrobe.

"The only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe," Susan said. "One game at a time, Lu. We don't all have your imagination," Peter said. "But I wasn't imagining!" Lucy insisted.

"That's enough," Susan said. "I wouldn't lie about this!" Lucy said. "Well, I believe you," Edmund said and we all turned to look at him. "You do?" Lucy asked, sounding surprise.

"Of course, didn't I tell you about the football field I found in the bathroom cupboard?" He asked. "Oh, will you just stop it? You always have to make everything worse," Peter said.

"It was just a joke," Edmund said. "When are you going to learn to grow up?" Peter snapped. Edmund got angry and got into Peter's face. "Shut up! You think you're dad, but you're not!" He shouted and then stormed out.

"Well, that was nicely handled," Susan said sarcastically and then walked out of the room. "But . . . It was really there . . ." Lucy said. "Susan's right, Lucy. That's enough," Peter said and then walked out of the room.

I sighed sadly and looked back at the wardrobe. I frowned and closed the door of the wardrobe. I then turned back to Lucy. I kneeled to Lucy's height. She looked like she was going to burst to tears. I gave her a small smile. "Come on, let get some hot chocolate," I said.

Lucy slightly nodded and I got back to my height and hold out my hand for her. She took my hand and we walked out of the room.