Nothing to Gain (Watty Awards...

By Morterra

Primula is tormented by her family and pack members every day. From the day she was born they beat and tortur... More

Description
Chapter One: Why Couldn't I Have That
Chapter Two: Shadows
Chapter Three: He is Coming Back
Chapter Four: Rejection
Chapter Five: Unknown Anger
Chapter Six: His Mate
Chapter Seven: Evil Within
Chapter Eight: Lullaby
Chapter Nine: The Real Evil
Chapter Ten: Blood and Guts
Chapter Eleven: If Sorry Could Fix Everything
Chapter Twelve: Descend into Madness
Chapter Thirteen: Victims of Circumstances
Chapter Fourteen:The Mother Ship
Chapter fifteen: Entrance to the Neutral Zone
Chapter Sixteen: The Neutral Zone
Chapter Seventeen: The Gathering of Gargoyles
Chapter Eighteen: Strange
Chapter Nineteen: Part One - Operation: Mass Migration
Chapter Nineteen: Part Two - Operation: Mass Migration
Chapter Twenty: Being Watched
Chapter Twenty One: Emotions Running High!
Author Notes: Very Important - Benefits you!
Chapter Twenty Two - Part One: Legend of Dahaka
Chapter Twenty Two - Part Two: Rescue Mission
Chapter Twenty Three: Awakening of the Alpha
Chapter Twenty Four: The Nymphs and their Satyr
Chapter Twenty Five: A Vicious Cycle
Chapter Twenty Six - Part Two: Lament of a Vampire
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Shadows Plan and the Gods Solution
Chapter Twenty Eight: Why He Must Die
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Truth
Chapter Thirty: The Broken, Innocent and Guilty.
Epilogue: Promise of Happiness

Chapter Twenty Six Part One: The Calm

11.7K 453 54
By Morterra

Here is chapter twenty six. Enjoy! I will post part two today.

-Lia

 ***

 Primula POV

“Are you all ready?” Sarion asked and we nodded. I was finally feeling a little excitement because we were about to finish our journey. We were departing to meet the Seers soon. It was agreed that Nereid would be taking us.

“Now be careful and remember what I said, the protection this place offered will be gone until reaching the Seers.” Sarion continued to lecture us; he was worried that the shadows would be able to find us now that we were leaving the nymphs’ home which had the same feel as the neutral zone. From what Sarion told us, the shadows have been acting more aggressive than usual. I had no idea how, but he was constantly being updated about their activities. He even told us news about the others in the neutral zone. They were fine so far although the shadows had been spotted lurking around, trying to find access into the place. So far no accidents have occurred; in fact, they were all so nice and welcoming towards each other especially the rogues.

What worried Sarion and his confidant – my suspicious says it’s the council – is the frequent movements of the shadows. They seem to really want access into the neutral zone. Apparently Sarion thinks they were doing something big, something that could be detrimental to both the supernatural and human world. So far they haven’t touch the human world, but our group came up with the conclusion that destroying the human world is too easy. They want something big first; say something like the supernatural world.

“Watch the skies, the grounds, forest, and sharpen your senses.” I tuned back into Sarion monologue as he advise us on ways we could avoid the shadows. Although I wanted him to get it over with and let us go, he had a very good reason to be worried.

Before, we would have counted on my abilities to help defeat the shadows but I don’t think I will be much of a help. Since I woke up from my dream I feel drained, exhausted, and weak. I literally have to force myself to continue the quest. All I wanted was to stay with Sarion and the nymphs – I really liked Nereid. She was the mother I never had, but I guess it was a good thing she was coming with us. Actually, my attachment to Nereid was the reason Sarion chose her.

We said a long goodbye where Sarion continued to drill safety methods into our heads. The young nymphs beg Dean to think about their offered although he looked like he wanted to refuse on the spot. Sarion had to encourage him to finish his quest first before making any decision so he could have time to think about it.

Krista cried as we left –she too had become attached to some of the nymphs although their constant nudity annoyed her. Vates was even more sad because her free magical supplies was gone although she did brightened up a little when Sarion’s mates –something I still find puzzling – put something together in a bag for her. The only person who seemed happy to leave the place was Zero. He still held a grudge against Sarion for his change in hair color. And since he could not dye it until the pink colors wore off by themselves, he’s been very spiteful to everyone around him except me and Krista.

The saddest people in our entire group were Arion and Jebidiah. Arion has been abnormally quiet since my talk with him in the forest. He looked like he had a lot on his mind. And frankly I didn’t mind his quietness because it meant I got to really think about what he and I discussed. At first I thought he was angry with me but he assured me that he was merely composing his thoughts. He wanted to find solutions to my and his nephew’s problem. I wanted to tell him he was wasting his time but he was already crushed, I couldn’t be the one to bring his spirit further down.

The other silence, and the one I understood the most was coming from Jebidiah. I can still remember the night we kissed after my meeting with Arion. After the long kiss, which was felt like starvation at its greatest, he detached himself from me, gazed in my eyes for the longest and sighed, blocking all his emotions. Since then he has never talked to me. In fact he even went out of his way to avoid me at all cost. This I noticed only upset Arion more. At times I wanted to talk to Jebidiah so Arion could have a peace of mind, but that would be giving him false hope.

I didn’t want to encourage him in thinking his nephew and I would end up together. I’m not saying there isn’t a chance on earth for us being together. But that doesn’t mean it would happen either. I know now deep down in my guts I didn’t hate any of them. In fact, I was tired of pretending to despise them. My hatred and anger had dissolved long time age. But this didn’t mean I forgive them either. Like I told Krista, I had no idea what the future may bring. Who knows, there might be some alternate reality where everything turned out okay but for now, I wasn’t ready to accept any of their apologies.

When all the goodbyes was said and done, we left the nymphs’ place in search of the Seers hoping this time we find them without accident. From what Sarion told us, the distance to get to them was about half a day walk which meant the shadows could attack within that time interval.

Nereid led the way as we all followed her in silence lost in our own thoughts. The silence was uncomfortable and I could feel the tension in the air. Even Zero and Krista who were mates thus got along great seemed to be having issues. From the atmosphere, Krista was angry with Zero while he thought she was being ridiculous – that was the only thing I got from their conversation.

So far there had been no attacks as we traveled through the forest. After running for hours, my breathing became harsh.

I didn’t understand it but my strength was decreasing dramatically. I was even starting to feel wounds at places I thought my scars had healed and disappear after Primrose death. For instance my arm, where I was burned by Dean and Jebidiah was burning like someone spread hot lava over it but I couldn’t see the physical evidence of it. I covered my arm with my left hand and ran along with the others even though I could feel that my lungs were being deprived of air.

I stopped, feeling my heart racing faster and I gazed all around me shaking with fear. Something was bringing my past horrors to light and with my shield of anger and hate completely gone I had nothing to protect me. I slide down the tree in a small clearing of the forest and held my hands over my heart as a thick liquid started to roll down my cheek. I touched it, feeling how warm it was. When I brought my hands to my eyes what I saw had me screaming but no words came out. Blood was flowing down my cheek from my eyes and no matter how hard I tried screaming, no sound was made.

I looked frantically around for the others but they were gone. I was alone in the forest which was starting to look eerie and abnormally silent. I stood up slowly looking around as my body shook from the fear that was brewing inside my soul. I spun around in the forest when I saw a shadow, but each time I turned to it, the thing would disappear. I was started to think my mind was playing tricks on me. But the thick heaviness weighing down on me from the forest told me something sinister was starting to make its move.

All of a sudden I felt a crack in my back as my spin snapped causing me to bend in an abnormal way. The next snapping sound was my leg as it gave out. I fell on the ground and ball myself in the fetus position as every bone in my body started to convulse while a burning sensation creep throughout my inside igniting a hot and piercing flame that was slowly melting me into liquid. I screamed and screamed but my voice was choked inside burying the sounds.

The next feeling that over took me almost drove me insane. I was hungry; my throat burned like some shoved a burning iron inside. My stomach growl and bubble and I sniffed the air smelling the most delicious scent. I brought my hand to my face smelling it and when I pulled back, I recoiled in fright. I smelled my own blood. I wanted my own blood! I finally realized what I was starving for, not food but blood. I cringed and closed my eyes forcing the disgusting but delicious feeling back and waited, still hearing my bones disjointing.

After what felt like an eternity of bone snapping and body burning, the pain stopped. I felt normal again. I slowly got up looking around, wondering what had just happened. I looked at myself; I didn’t melt and my bones were still in their right places so what the heck just happened?

I turned around to follow the others, wondering if they even noticed I was missing but what I saw almost stopped my heart in terror. Standing right before my eyes was a girl or was it a wolf? On closer inspection, the girl looked like Dahaka but yet familiar. Her face had somehow shifted into wolf and girl with her muzzle protruded up, her body blacker than the starless night. Her eyes were so dull and lifeless; the grey color of it looked revolting. I shouldered, too afraid to look in her eyes. That was the eyes of someone who experience and seen the true face of horror. On closer inspection, she reminded me of myself, at least the last time I looked in the mirror which was back at the entrance of the neutral zone.

I stiffened, slowly realizing who the girl might be. I turned back around recognizing the resembling between us. On closer inspection her body looked scar to the point not even her black fur could hide it. She placed a claw to her right hand where a large burn mark was. I imitated her feeling the tingling burning again. She opened her mouth, dripping with saliva as razor sharp teeth snarled and growled at me. I couldn’t move, speak or make any sound. I was shell shocked.

“Do you see now?” She snarled, her voice sounding like nails crawling on a chalkboard. The thought sounded nostalgic making me laughed bitterly; that was exactly what they thought of my voice. “This is what you future is. You cannot escape me. You will become me as long as Primrose is separated from you.”

I didn’t say anything, just stood there as she snarled and screamed at me. My mind was in chaos but the emotion couldn’t come out. I found the strength, and managed to close my eyes banishing the image from my mind, finally accepting what my fate was.

I sighed and opened my eyes to find myself lying in Jebidiah’s arms as he repeatedly shook me, asking if I was okay. I gazed at him for a long time finally removing my eyes to see the others staring at me with worried faces. They were all so kind; maybe it really was me after all. I know Primrose said that the abuse was not my fault but this journey, the quest, showed me that they really were nice people. From how they interacted with each other and even me sometimes, they just couldn’t be the monsters that plagued me for years, so maybe I was the monster after all.

“Baby, please talk to me.” I gazed back at Jebidiah and smile sadly.

I slowly lifted my hands and touch his cheek. He leaned into my hands and closed his eyes opening them back. “I’m okay. I finally understand what is required of me.” I told him.

He frowned, his brow deepening. “What are you saying,” he demanded panicking.

I sighed sensing a dark and cruel feeling in the air. “I accept my fate. I realized that everyone has a place in this world and my own was just shown to me.”

The moment those words left my lips, Arion marched to Jebidiah and jerked me from him. “What are you talking about? What fate do you accept? Didn’t I tell you that it will never happen –?”

“The shadows are coming. They are not close yet so we should probably move to put distance between us and them.” I cut him off, watching him gripped his hair in frustration. After that they all stood around gazing at me with so much pity I wanted the ground to open and bury me. The air was now even tenser; the tension could be cut with a knife.

“Okay everyone, let’s sit and eat.” Nereid smiled at all of us, removing her backpack from her back. We all knew the shadows were drawing near but we sat down, listening to her. At least we were doing something compare to just standing there. I crawl towards a tree, wanting to lay back on it but Jebidiah stopped me before I could sit down. I watched him sat down and he held his hand out to me. I shrugged and climbed into his lap, resting my head on his shoulder.

Nereid must have taken out food and given it to them but I wasn’t paying attention. I was too busy smelling Jebidiah neck; he smelt divine and heavenly. I wanted to sink my teeth into his throat and rip the flesh out, drinking the sweet blood I knew ran hot in his veins.

Before I could do just that, he lifted my face from his neck offering me bread and cheese. I shook my head; I wasn’t hungry for something that disgusting. I wanted the warm red liquid running in his body. He sighed but didn’t force me as I want back to sniffing his delicious neck. I couldn’t resist so I licked it causing him to stiffen. I snapped my eyes to his face to see him observing me with a frown. Right now I didn’t care though, I wanted blood so bad and I knew if I didn’t get it, something much more horrible would happen.

I gazed in his worried fill eyes hungrily watching the debate warring in its depth. He knew what I wanted, this I was sure of. He looked around at the others; they were busy eating and finally talking with each other. Vates, Dean, Krista and Nereid were engage in their own conversation while Zero and Arion were whispering on the side. Jebidiah stared back at me for a long time and then I smell the most wonderful scent making my mouth water. He bowed his head down gripping my hair with his left and using the right to cover our faces so the others wouldn’t see what was going on. He attached our lips coaxing me to open my mouth. When I did, he slipped his tongue inside and warm liquid, his blood flowed in my mouth. It was the best thing I have ever tasted. I sucked, drinking as much blood as possible before the cut he made inside his mouth starts to close from his werewolf ability. When the cut was close and the blood flow stopped, he removed his mouth from mine watching my expression. I felt a little stronger and less depressed. This wasn’t so bad; I think I could handle it. I was so grateful to Jebidiah I wanted to repay him somehow.

“Thank you,” I whispered smiling but this seemed to only devastate him as his facial expression morph into pain. Still feeling grateful and not wanting to see such a painful expression on his face, I gripped his hair bringing his face back down into a real kiss. He kissed me back, forcing our mouth together until it was painful as he bit my lips and gripped my hair tighter. I fisted my hands into his locks and responded to the kiss with the same passion; it was better than the cold and empty one we shared back at the nymphs place. I could do it forever, and I wanted to but he removed his lips from mine, his expression though still not looking happy.

“I am extremely sorry you know. This was my fault. If anything happen to you –” I cut him off, attaching our lips back. This kiss was soft and sweet; I wanted him to understand I knew how sorry he was but frankly I didn’t want to hear it. We separated, coming back up for air as our breathing came sporadically.

“Go on a date with me?” He asked startling me. My eyes widened and I stared at him in disbelief. Was he kidding me?

I opened my mouth to say ‘hell no!’ but he shook his head speaking quickly. “Not now; after this quest is over and if we survive of course. I want to know you, the real Primula. Please? You wouldn’t be promising me anything, just one date. You can go back to hating my guts after that. But give me you for one day. Please?”

I thought about it for a long time weighting the outcomes. One, he’s the guy that tormented me all my life, so why should I even listen to his request. Two I will probably turn into a lycan and maybe eat him for dinner. Yep, that was a good reason to agree. Three, we will mostly die by the end of the quest so why not agree since it won’t happen? It’s not like his ghost will chase me for all eternity because I didn’t go on a date with him right? I nodded my head. “Okay.” I said focusing back to see him chuckling at me.

“You do realize that I heard all of that right?” he laughed half in amusement and half in sadness. I shrugged, not really caring.

“What are you two whispering about? Here, I made you one too.” We untangled ourselves turning around to Nereid. She handed each of us a small dark wood carving attached to a string. Mine was half a heart with my name on it and at the back it spell, “ever –” it was probably incomplete. I saw Jebidiah’s and his was also half a heart with the same black wood carving. I turned it around to see the wordings. It spelled, “for,” and I knew instantly the two pieces were meant together. I think she has been talking with Arion.

I gazed at the small necklace and smile feeling grateful for it. I looked at the others to see them with the same black carving. It probably had their names on it too. I was about to thank Nereid when I saw Arion and Zero gazing at me and Jebidiah in disapproval. A small feeling told me they knew about the blood but I didn’t care. In fact, I felt proud of it. They didn’t know what they were missing. Although Zero was being a hypocrite after all, he drank blood too.

Not caring what they thought, I turned to Nereid. “Thank you. You’re the third person to ever give me a present.”

“What?” Krista screamed. I gazed at her questioningly.  “You’ve only gotten present from three people?” She sounded upset like it was the end of the world.

“Yes.” I answered her wanting to dismiss the subject.

“Who are they?” She asked, removing a necklace from her neck.

I watched her warily, wondering why she cared so much. “I received a new life from Primrose,” her eyes widened in shock but I continued. “I received stuff from Arion although he didn’t give me an option to refuse and I just receive a necklace from Nereid.” I finished expecting to be done with the conversation but she started to sniff handing me the necklace she took off.

“What is that?” I narrowed my eyes at her.

“You can have it for now. It’s my most prize possession but I have a new one now. You and Zero so please take this. I swear I will take you on a shopping spree and buy you the entire store when this is over.” She was now bawling her eyes out as she held the necklace out to me with shaking hands.

I gazed around, jumping when Vates blew her nose as she too started crying. Everyone looked sad and inconsolable accept me. I found the entire situation to be ridiculously funny.

“I’m buying her first plane,” Vates cried and my jaw dropped. She could buy a plane? What the heck?

“I’m buying her first car,” Dean choked. This was the first time he showed any emotion accept depression since we left the nymphs’ place. He was buying me a new car? And why did werewolves needed cars anyway? They were fast after all.

“She will need a new yacht so leave that to me.” Zero nodded. I frowned at him. What the heck was a yacht?

“If she would let me, I will take her around the world to see everything.” I elbowed Jebidiah softly in the stomach for joining this ridiculous declaration.

He made an “oomph” sound squeezing me. I guess it wasn’t soft enough? Still they continue with their ridiculous promises and outrageous gifts asking which one sounded more expensive. I didn’t want anything from any of them –

“I’m buying her strawberry ice-cream.”  I abandoned my thought and gazed at Arion hungrily. Strawberry ice-cream! I remember when Arion bought it to bribe me during the times I wanted to get rid of him.

“That’s a pathetic gift,” I heard Zero taunted.

“Really?” Arion asked him. “Primula, which gift sounds better?” At this point I was slobbering all over myself. I moved away from Jebidiah arms and jumped into Arion’s wanting the gift now. My eyes were practically glowing as I gazed at him like he was some sort of god. Strawberry ice-cream could only be compare to blood now that I’ve tasted it. It’s one food I refused to abandon when I do become a lycan. I held him tight begging him with my eyes to bring the gifts to me now! I didn’t know what the heck he was waiting for. I lean down kissing his cheek and face anything to get me the ice-cream. I heard Jebidiah growling viciously but who cares what he thought. Nothing was as great as strawberry ice-cream.

“Okay, okay,” Arion called, holding my face away from his. “I’m guessing you want it now?” I nodded happily. He groan as my eyes became big, waiting impatiently.

“Give it to her uncle.” I heard Jebidiah snickering. I nodded, agreeing with him.

“Yes, since you know her so well, you should have had the ice-cream.” Zero snarled bitterly. Arion sighed holding me back from attacking him as I daydream about the ice-cream.

“You dug your own grave on this one.” Nereid laughed as everyone joined her, mocking and making fun of Arion who was still trying to hold me back as I practically beg him to give me the treat.

“I still think my gift was the most amazing.” Krista grumbled but I wasn’t listening to her.

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.2K 1.1K 21
Lily Pearson was rejected by her mate. Bullied by her pack. And the most hated person in her whole school. So Lily decides that she's had enough from...
555K 13.7K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...
1.2M 36.9K 20
Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her for killing them. If she wouldn't have gon...
107K 3.9K 11
She was the best. No one could match her skill. She killed for what was right, not for evil. Others saw her as ruthless, psychotic, and terrifying. ...