The Billionaires Unknown Heir...

By dihannakl

**CAUTION: A LOT OF GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, THIS WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 13/14. WILL BE REWRITTEN SOON** Copyright... More

The Billionaires Unknown Heiress: His Billion Dollar Mistake
Chapter 1: The Interview
Chapter 2: The First Day
Chapter 3: The Cocktail Bar
Chapter 4: The Lunch Trip
Chapter 5: The Reservation
Chapter 6: The Fever
Chapter 7: The Business Trip
Chapter 8: The Email
Chapter 9: The Grey House Members
Chapter 10: The Emergency
Chapter 11: The Babysitter
Chapter 12: The Sister
Chapter 13: The Doctor's Office
Chapter 14: The Daydream
Chapter 15: The Man From The Past (One Year Book Anniversary 06.11.15)
Chapter 16: The Invitation
Chapter 17: The Skeletons
Chapter 18: The Douglas Ménage
Chapter 19: The Daddy Issues
Chapter 21: The Feeling of Letting Go
Chapter 22: The Thoughts of Death
Chapter 23: The Letter
Chapter 24: Till Death Do Us Part
Authors Notes
Authors Notes!!
URGENT UPDATE!

Chapter 20: The Californian Crush

14.7K 477 12
By dihannakl

03.18.2016

Copyright © March 2016 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 20: The Californian Crush

Sandra Adele Rose

Leandro Campbell.

A Canadian business tycoon, he is known for destroying anyone who's brave enough cross path with him– especially if taken a keen interest in his worldwide trading stock empire.

But I wasn't sure, it sounded too good to be true. Liam was sure though.

He was a business partner and old friend of Liam's family. And he turns up to be the man Liam was having an important deal with.

Liam also told me he travels a lot: Los Angeles, California, New York, Greece, Spain– all over Europe. A very busy man.

This is how I landed myself in a plane the following morning. Liam and I. On our way to sunny-side California.

Adeline needed to be with me... Her mother, however she was in no condition to travel. I asked my mom to stay and look after her with the help of Leah. At Liam's house as he commanded. I rolled my eyes at his bossiness.

I sat there literally clutching the iPad to my face, staring at the Google images. I read articles and newspapers- anything that was about him. I wanted to know how to approach him with this situation because my mother wants nothing to do with him or see him, after seeing the image that Liam had shown us the day before. Katherine had confirmed without any further discussion.

What if I'm rejected?

I couldn't handle it if that happened again; it would be so humiliating. I didn't want much from him. Just the assurance that he could take a simple blood test... To save Adeline. There would be no more options left otherwise I'll have to think about another baby.

I sighed.

When she said she didn't want nothing to do with him I was forced by my mother to not mention her name whatsoever.

An average fight would be six hours long but hopefully it will take less considering we were in a private jet.

I sighed.

Being in this kind of pressure was exhausting. It made me want to throw up, especially when each minute painful countdown. I didn't have a speech for this man because he wasn't  worth it. He was never there. However, I felt like I needed to make one.

I was frustrated throughout the whole flight. I didn't sleep; I didn't eat; I didn't drink. Also I turned down Liam's offer of me resting before we land.

I got into the shotgun seat of the black sleek car that had tinted windows. It was a gorgeous car and definitely expensive for a Rolls Royce. While waiting for the owner to get into the drivers seat I strapped myself.

The transition from the jet to the car made me realise how hot Los Angeles was. New York in summer will still be cold. It isn't even summer but still there was heat.

12:59. Liam started the car and we were on our way out of the planes personal space, the zone that should be restricted for the big airplanes only.

"I made reservations at the hotel. Leandro should be in his house in Santa Monica. From my apartment to him is a waste of time." Liam was not about to waste time for sure.

We hit the road for about twenty minutes. Pure silence had engulfed us, as either of us uttered a word.

I was at a point where I could possibly be having a nervous break down. I mean Liam had met the man that potentially could be my father. I asked questions about his family but Liam didn't answer he wanted me to find out myself.

The car stopped at the hotel. I was just watching the view out of the window as it all speeded by. I got out to grab my huge handbag, but the bellhop took care of it.

We checking in at the front desk and it took only a minute.

I couldn't really come up with a good reason why Liam booked a master en suit with a queen size bed.

My mind was on something else. We were currently driving further out of Beverly Hills towards the hills. It looked so damn expensive.

Back at the hotel I had bathed and changed into comfortable clothes. I wanted to make a good first impression, but now that I think about it I looked really cheap.

Dark blue jeans, light blue shirt and black high knee boots and a long trench coat to go with it.

Liam drives up towards a house standing by itself that must we overlooking a good view. It looked like a half beach, half getaway house.

It didn't look like something a man like him would live in but then again he had holiday homes around the world.

There was a gate which just opened at the approach of the car. Not much security-- in fact people were walking around with gun in hand.

Never have I seen a gun though.

We got out and approached the door. I didn't know how slow I was until Liam pulled me in a harsh way to his side, his grip on me was pretty tight.

The armoured men in black with ear pieces in one ear watched us closely, and nodded once in Liam's direction.

The quiet bell didn't ring, well at least I didn't hear it. Then the door was opened by a little lady which looked to be the house keeper. "Yes how I help you sir?" Her Spanish accent said.

"I'm here to speak with Leandro Campbell, please announce my arrival as Liam Douglas."

"Sir, just a minute–"

"I'll take care of it nanny, you can go inside now." A female voice announced from the distance.

She came politely ushering in the older lady. "But Miss Kate..." The Spanish accent said, moving away from the door and into the house.

Now the beautiful girl came into view. She had long dirty blonde hair, thick eyebrows, big grey-blue eyes, straight nose, full pink lips and hard to miss cheek bones.

"You look better than the last time I saw you, how long has it been?" She smiled teasingly while leaning at the door frame.

"Three years."

"Right..." Her eye naturally advertise to me. "You brought company, that's a first." She studies me carefully.

"There's a first for everything Mary Katherine." Liam explained.

Her face crunched slightly almost unnoticeable. "It's actually Mary Kate now. If you don't mind now introduce us please."

Liam made the introduction quick like it wasn't relevant.

"Now where can I find Leandro." Liam asked.

"Pardon me, I should have invited you in first." She moved out the way sincerely.

I went in as he gestured me inside. She lead the way as they both made conversation while we headed in the direction of a set of double office doors located upstairs.

"Wait here." She said placing a soft knock on the door and then going in. I was nervous the whole journey. I couldn't believe that the man is behind those doors.

Wait. What was I doing here? Slowly I began walking backwards away from the door.

Liam gently grabs my face into his large hands. "You can do this."

I shook my head furiously. "No I can't."

"Yes you can, for Adeline. I'll be right there with you." It was for my daughter so I was willing to do whatever it took.

I breathed. Mary Kate came out with a serious face. "He will see you, under one condition that you will not waste his time."

Liam gave her one short nod and went towards the door. She waves at me which I find strange, especially when Liam is pulling me away.

She had the name like my mother. That's for sure.

"Liam, have a seat. I thought the plan was for me to come to New York to close the deal." A mature voice said once the door shut behind me.

I looked around a the spacious study, to see a man sitting behind his desk staring down at papers.

"Business is not the only reason why I'm here, Leandro. Sit down Sandra." I took a seat on the right while he took the other one. The atmosphere was so intense.

That was him, Leandro. He looks up as Liam. "What could be more important than business...?" His eyes moved from Liam to me. It was so intense that I almost peed myself. I sank into the comfortable couch. He studied me carefully, with his clear blue eyes.

"What is your name?" He asked calmly sitting back in his adjustable chair.

He was talking to me and I couldn't even open my mouth. Liam nods for me to go on. I never image that this would be his first words to me. "S-Sandra Rosé."

Leandro Campbell sat forward, crossing his hands on his desk. "What is the meaning of this Liam?" He had an calm aura but it was intimidating as well.

Liam's jaw tighten really hard. "If you would just let her speak. Sandra would like to explain, however I think I'll have too do that." He didn't hold back, "Sandra is your daughter and I think the resemblance is unmissable."

"Impossible." While looking at me, he was thinking.

"Possible when she's the daughter of Katherine Rosé. She's had twenty four hours to absorbed the fact that you're her father, so at least give her a chance." Liam advised.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty five." I uttered quietly yet it was still audible.

"But how is that possible? I would have known." He asked out loud.

"You left my mother, your the reason she had a miserable life. She raised me for your mistakes. If you didn't just leave there and stayed, I wouldn't have been fatherless. I always thought the worst of that man, because Katherine never spoke of him." I exploded with frustration both for me and my mom because she wasn't here to defend herself.

"I loved Katherine, a part of me always will. I had to leave–sooner or later–" His voice said.

I didn't want to listen to his excuses, it wouldn't change the past. "I'm not here for an explanation nor am I the one that deserves them."

"Twenty five years is a long time, how is she?"

Liam was quiet through the conversation, I even forgot that he was in the room. "You don't deserve to know about her. If you really where interested, you would have found out a long time ago."

He shook his head at me. "I was forced into marrying someone I wasn't in love with. It was all business so I learned to love her but never was I in love with her. Now I have a family to look after– or at least two daughters."

When he said two daughters I was a little dazzled. I swear Liam could have warned me before hand. "Daughters...?"

"Twins. I believe you have already met Mary Katherine the youngest of the two."

"She's got–"

"Your mothers name." He finished of for me.

His hair was a mixture of blonde, brown and a hint of grey. I looked him in the eyes, they where so pale and out of life. It reminded me of my moms and how dead they always looked. I thought it was a natural thing however I understood now. I don't think I'd ever forgive him. They were meant to be.

"You would do anything for your two daughters, protect them of this diseased filled world." I swallowed. "I have a daughter, unfortunately she's not well. That's the reason I'm here."

"Speak, what can I do for you?"

"She's five years old and diagnosed with leukaemia. So far the results for a compatible blood match where all identified as negative. This was my last option." I sighed, "It's a simple blood test that's all I'm asking and if you are a match, then it will be your decision to carry on with the blood transfusion."

"And what if I refuse?" He asked after everything I had just said.

I looked over at Liam and he wasn't at ease. As much as I didn't want these words to escape from my mouth, it was my responsibility. "Adeline dies." That was the truth. There was no time for me to have a baby, Adeline's cancer isn't just ordinary. There's no specific date for her, but the tumour is not giving her time, instead it is eating her alive.

"My daughters and I will take the test," He finally spoke. "But limit your expectations."

By the end of the day, it wasn't how I imagined it to be. It wasn't flowers and daisies and reunion. He wasn't what I pictured– that's the thing in life, there's no such thing as perfect.

I didn't know why I let Liam hold me as I cried my eyes out. It made me realise how lonely I felt. However the more I cried that more I realised how much Adeline needed her father because I wasn't enough. She needs him now more then ever. Lost time can't be bought back.

No matter what had happened in the past, he deserves a second chance with his child.

I'd rather wish for my father to be dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 216 18
First book of the 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 "𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲" What will happen when two souls who hates one another are asked to be Together Forever? 𝗜𝘀�...
171K 9.4K 18
"I have never done this before." he whispered while cupping her face. "Me too" she said looking at his eyes. "What? You... You have... I thought...
123K 2.7K 25
If it wasn't hurt it wasn't love, loving means hurting but a true love can bring all of the pieces. Love means a lot it can change us but it can also...
2.5K 164 50
"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even justice, for something or someone that mat...