My Southern Belle

By MariJiraM

Chloe Ellison 25 and is a second grade teacher from Texas. When she's not teaching her students 4×4, she ridi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
Authors Note
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
Quick Authors Note
NEW BOOK!!!
AUTHORS NOTE ‼️‼️

44

45.4K 1.4K 167
By MariJiraM

(Chloe's POV)

I woke at 5 am to an empty bed. I thought Val had went for a run like she always did when something was on her mind but then I heard her voice. I got up and walked to the nursery to see her talking to the twins. Her back was turned to me and I just stood in the doorway listening to her.

"What should I do? I love your mommy. Like a lot and I think she still likes me. My job is just getting in the way. I don't know how she deals with everything. She's a very strong woman and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I don't know if you guys know but I would probably go insane if I lost her. When I leave, you guys are going to have to look after her and make sure she's ok. I don't care if your 4 months old. You have a job now." I smiled at how silly she is. I swear I love her

I didn't hear the rest of her speech because I went back to bed and went back to sleep. Not long after, she came into our room.

"Sweetheart, I'm going for a run." She whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and turned over. She kissed my forehead and walked out. When she got back I was up and making breakfast while the twins were in the living room.

"Hi sweetheart. What are you cooking."

"Waffles,eggs,bacon, and sausage."

"That's a lot. Do you need help?"

"No but you need to take a shower. You're all sweaty."

"Yeah yeah I know. Can you cook extra bacon? I need all the energy I can get." She kissed me on the cheek and left the kitchen. When breakfast was done I went in our room to tell her but I stopped when I saw a suitcase with three guns inside.

"What the hell?"

"What? Oh the guns."

"Yeah, the guns. When did you bring them here?"

"When I moved in."

"Val, what do you need them for? I thought everything would be ok."

"And it will. Its for just in case purposes. Baby, I promise everything is fine."

"Val, what am I going to do with you?"

"Love me. That's all I need you to do."

"You're only taking one?" I said as she slipped one in her belt

"I only need one. I don't plan on killing anyone but if I do I don't think I'll need all three."

"Just hurry up and put them away. They're giving me anxiety."

"I'm sorry, I'll put them away right now." She closed the suitcase and I turned around so I wouldn't know where she hides it. I may sound like a punk and that's because I am. I don't like guns and I don't even like the fact that I know Val uses them.

"Honey, breakfast is on the table."

"Ok. I'll be there in a minute."

Before I could sit down and eat my phone rang. It was an unsaved number but I decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello."

"Hi Ms. Ellison."

"Carter?"

"Yes."

"How did you get my number?"

"These crazy people keep a record of who calls. I found your number from last year when you called because I put paint in Lucy's hair. Do you remember that? Good times huh?"

"I don't think it was a good time for Lucy. Her hair was purple for a week."

"I can still see a little purple in the back of her head." He said laughing

"You're crazy. Who's phone are you on?"

"Mrs. Kempfer. She fell asleep watching TV so I just borrowed it."

"Carter, you know that's not right. What if she wakeod up and sees you?"

"I'll just say she left it somewhere and I found it. She does it all the time. Like this one time she left her glasses in the freezer."

"Ok but stealing isn't nice."

"I'm going to give it back. Therefore, its not stealing."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Besides I live with the lady. She'll know I have it. Anyway, I called because I miss you and Sergeant told me that you have sons now. I want to met them."

"You will meet them one day.'

"Ok. Well, I have to go. I hear Mrs. Kempfer."

"Ok. Goodbye." He hung up and all I could do is laugh. What will we do when we adopt him.

"Who was that?" Val asked walked into the kitchen and sat down to eat breakfast

"That was Carter."

"How'd he get your number?"

"He said that they keep a record of who calls."

"Smart kid."

"A little too smart. He's a good kid though."

"Still have an agreement of adopting him?"

"Yes. I wouldn't mind him being around. Wait, I would spend all day with him everyday."

"Oh yeah, you are his teacher."Val laughed.

"Oh boy. I guess he won't be that bad once I get uses to him being around."

"I have to hurry up and eat so I can meet Nick. Out flight leaves in 2 hours." The thought of her leaving made me lose my appetite. I pushed my food away and got up. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just full."

"You ate half of a waffle." I shrugged and walked away. 20 minutes later Val's cab was here and it was time for her to go. Before I she left she kissed the boys. "Remember what I told you two." She said to them.

"Don't forget your hat." I said putting it on her head.

"I love you." She said before grabbing me and kissing me. Half of me wanted another kiss the other half wanted to punch her in the face.

"Two weeks?"

"Two weeks. My family should be here 2 days before me." She kissed me again and then she left

(Val's POV)

I played it cool until I got into the cab. I started over thinking and regretting everything. What am I thinking just leaving like that?

"Are you ook back there?" The cab driver asked. It was then that I noticed that I was talking to myself

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure. You sound like a crazy back there."

"Yes I'm sure. Sorry about that." I got to the airport and went through security which seemed like forever. Nick was already there with his wife who I looked familiar.

"Valentine?" She said

"You two know each other?" Nick asked

"You do look familiar. Where do I know you from?"

"High school. I left our sophomore year." She said and that's when it hit me. I used to date her. Why does everyone come to Texas? It's a great place but my past always finds me here.

"Oh so you guys went to school together."

"She was also my girlfriend." Briana said. Nick looked at me and I looked away.

"We're talking about this on the plane." He said after they called our flight. He kissed Briana and we boarded the plane.

There was no escaping the conversation. 16 hours on a plane sitting right next to him was going to be a pain.

"So. You used to date my wife huh?" He asked

"Yes."

"How long?"

"Just our freshman year."

"Did you two ever-"

"We never had sex. The most we ever did was kiss. I could tell she didn't really like me. It was just something she wanted to try."

"Ok. So theres-"

"No there are no feelings there. I have a fiancé."

"Can you let me finished a a sentence?"

"Sorry. I just know what you're about to say."

"Ok. Well I'm done now." He wasn't really done. This went on for the next 8 hours and then he fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.3K 25
Tori Brooks made the big decision to enlist in the U.S. Army at the age of 17. Just graduating from high school, she had no idea what she was gettin...
996 97 16
Kayleigh Harper has always had a heart of gold. Now a young woman at the age of 25 she has accomplished all her dreams except one. Love. She graduate...
550 43 18
Danielle Russo is a down on her luck twenty year old working from pay check to pay check to feed her addiction as she runs from all her problems unti...
333K 13K 36
A young lesbian named Cali Dakota Love had just got fired from her job of three years and she needed to find a new one fast. Her mom came across an a...