Vulnerable § Klaus Mikaelson

By sunshiiine7

Being alive for a thousand plus years isn't as amazing as it seems. The loneliness is blinding, but one time... More

Copyright
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
A/N
43
44
Help Me, Help You
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
Epilogue
Revival
I have something you want
psa

65

22.5K 802 336
By sunshiiine7

Chapter 65: Not A Fairytale Ending

{K. M}

Klaus didn't waste any time with a car, he used his heightened speed go get to the Gilbert home. He wasn't allowed to barge in when he saw the faint glow of the flames that were attached to Kol's dead body—no, he had to wait until Elena opened the door, Jeremy standing behind her. He could smell it, the second the door opened, he strong scent of burning flesh. "What did you do?"

"We didn't have a choice," Elena exclaimed. "He was trying to cut off Jeremy's arm."

"Lies," Klaus growled, pacing on the porch with his hands combing through his hair as the realization hit him. Dakota wasn't sick, vampires don't get sick, she was going to die. "She's going to die because of you."

Elena's eyes widened, having forgotten that Dakota was apart of Kol's bloodline. "Oh my God."

"Kol never would've gotten inside of you hadn't set up a trap for him."

"You said you were going to put him down too."

Klaus' hands were shaking visibly. "I was going to make him suffer on my own terms." He yelled loudly, the veins in his neck protruding and his eyes filling with unshed tears. "I'm going to burn this house to the ground and then when you try to flee for your lives, I will kill you without blinking."

Jeremy stepped forward. "If you kill us, you'll never be able to make anymore hybrids."

"You think that I care about the hybrids?" He whispered, his voice cracking. "You've just killed my brother, and Dakota won't last much longer until she dies along with him. She's going to die and you think that I care about some cure and hybrids?" Tears freely trailed their way down his face and Elena deflated significantly. All she thought about was getting rid of Kol to obtain the cure, she never once thought about the lives that would be lost or how close the losses would be. "I was going to get rid of the cure the moment I got my hands on it. But now, I'm going to watch you burn instead."

Klaus' promise was followed by a pain-filled groan that sent him down in his knees in pain. Elena and Jeremy were confused until Bonnie Bennett showed herself, walking inside the house. "Invite him in," The expressionist demanded. "Do it."

"Come in."

Bonnie used her form of magic to force Klaus into the house, struggling against his brute strength and determination to kill the Gilbert's before she successfully locked him in the living room, creating an invisible barrier that kept him from leaving. Klaus struggled against it, punching it like his life depended on it, and it did. "Witch, you can't do this to me. I have to get back, I have to see her."

"You have no idea what I can do now, Klaus. And I'll have you know that one thing I can do, is not care about whatever lies you're speaking of."

"If she's dead because you've locked me here. I will hunt all of you to your end!" Jeremy took the stake from Kol, holding the door open until everyone was out of the house, but Klaus.

Elena sat on the couch beside Bonnie, waiting at the Salvatore boarding house for the mark to grow.

"What if it doesn't work?"

"It will," Bonnie assured Jeremy calmly. "It took a bit of time for Finn's line to die off."

"But what if it doesn't?"

Damon walked out, no longer compelled by Kol. Now he had no worries about wanting to kill Jeremy. "Where that Gilbert optimism?"

Elena stood up, trying to smile for him, but the muscles wouldn't turn up. The guilt was eating her alive, and the longer she put off telling Damon the truth, the longer she put off the news that she basically killed Dakota with her own bare hands. Of course, Elena hated Dakota, they were polar opposites and strongly disliked each other, but she was Damon's best friend. His right hand, his ride or die, his partner in crime, Dakota King was Damon's person and she killed her. "Damon, I am sorry. I didn't even realize until Klaus told me."

"What do you mean?"

"When you kill an Original, their whole bloodline dies with them," The doppelgänger hesitantly started. "—Dakota was apart of Kol's bloodline."

Damon froze, every joint in his body stuck in place. His crystal blue eyes widening at the information given to him. He remained in that position when Stefan walked in with the headstone that would help lead them to the cure, a cure that Dakota was no longer able to get.

"What I miss?" Stefan asked when he took in his brothers expression.

"Klaus is trapped in my living room."

"Temporarily," Bonnie informs. "I drew on the full moon to secure the spell. We've got three days to find the cure. Four max."

Jeremy was standing behind, waiting for the mark to grow, and silently wishing it wouldn't. "If we don't then maybe we should take a page out of the Katherine Pierce handbook and disappear, because when Klaus gets out he's going to kill us all for killing Kol and Dakota."

Stefan was caught off guard by the final statement, and he had to put the headstone down so it wouldn't slip from his fingers. "Excuse me? Dakota's dead?"

"Might as well be. She's apart of Kol's bloodline." Damon monotonously replied.

   Stefan was quiet for a moment, pressing his lips right together and running a hand through his perfectly styled hair. "Then, I have to go."

Elena made a noise of disagreement from the back of her throat. "Why? Did you sleep with her too?"

Stefan spun around, facing the doppleganger with a newfound anger that lit ablaze in his green eyes. "No, Elena. She took me in when you and Damon screwed me over. No pun intended." Elena looked down at her feet, feeling eyes on her. "She took me into her home and gave me a place to stay so I didn't have to watch my brother be happy with my ex-girlfriend. She did all of that for me and I just helped kill her."

"Stef—"

"For so long, we hated Dakota because she embraces her vampirism and we completely overlooked the fact that she has done a lot for us. She promised when she first got here that if she was put into an inkling of danger she'd ditch, but she hasn't, not one time left us to fend for ourselves." The room was deadly silent, the only sound being the cracking of the fireplace. "Klaus is trapped for three days, and when he finally gets out, he'll never see the love of his life again because by time the spell wears off she'll be dead and we'll have the cure. Dakota doesn't deserve to die alone, because no matter how bad we've tried to make her out to be, when you look at it, all she's done is everything we have, she's just not ashamed of it."

Damon wanted to follow Stefan, his fingers twitched towards his black leather jacket he always wore no matter the weather, but all he could think about was what Bonnie said a few weeks ago when Dakota was mourning Klaus' death.

"She's strong," Bonnie admits from the passenger seat of Damon's car. "—and we all know it, but if she stays here around all of us, around you, she won't have the chance she needs to recover."

Damon snapped out of his daze when Stefan cleared his throat loudly. "Go Stefan, I'm going to stay here and hold the fort down. I'll see Dakota tomorrow."

"You better hope you get a chance to say goodbye to your best friend, because she might not even last until tomorrow."

A/N

Fuck it, I'm going to finish the book all in one go. I'm waiting for the comments of agony and horror.

Love, Cece

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 372 36
As Klaus was coming to Mystic Falls for the thing he wanted most Elena Gilbert, the doppelgänger. The one thing that will unlock his curse to become...
4.2K 193 10
Klaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid in search of the doppelgänger Amelia Gilbert, a girl who lost to much for such a young age She's his humanity...
20K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
2.4K 171 49
This story is about Klaus Mikaelson's childhood friend, Kaya. Kaya was born a Bennett but her magic weak, slowly manifested itself. Its limited her m...