Falling With You

By RebeccaCutie

This is a story about a girl the age of fourteen, who ends up in the hospital with cancer. She meets a boy wi... More

Cancer
The Hospital
The Deal
The Painting
His Half
The Date
Time Ticks
Him

The Boy

1.5K 36 2
By RebeccaCutie

I felt weird next to him at first, it just was. I mean, he was in the same room for the same reasons. And it made me curious about him.

I had opened a sandwich that the hospital had provided. It was a ham and turkey sandwich. I began to eat as he began to play with his iPhone. "Hey." I said 'hey' to him this time, I have the advantage. "Hey, my names joey. We got off to a weird start yesterday. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Dang it, he has a advantage now. He's apologizing to me. "No, no, no. I should apologize for being rude yesterday." He gave me a stare, a weird 'Your not going to win' stare.

"What!? What have I done to deserve your murderous look!?" He smile and chuckled. "You take things way to seriously." I was honestly pissed up to that point. "Now you look at me mister! You made me feel bad yesterday!" He rolled his eyes and grabbed his hat. "Look, I wasn't trying to okay. I'm on a limited supply of life and I'm just trying to make friends." He wasn't yelling, but I could tell by the change in his tone that he was serious.

I sat there in silence, I did something horrible. He was just being nice and I stabbed a boy that was already dying. I only had one question on my mind. "How long?" There was a long silence after that moment. It felt like it was ten years. Although I wished it was ten years. "Two months." A tear ran down my face, why! I couldn't control it, I felt like I just shortened a living beings time on earth.

I hugged him. I got out of my bed, waddled my way to him, and gave him a hug. He seemed confused at first, then he hugged me.

Two people with leukemia, in a world so big, yet so limited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 141K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
12.9K 371 12
In a small town called Canyon Bay. Every so often on the weekends the teens and some of the older folks. Race on the most famous track in the town. C...
1.5M 90.1K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...