Hogwarts, Giant Squids and Si...

By OliAndTheDiamonds

Abigail Elston is a normal sixteen year old, except for the fact that she goes to Hogwarts and is despised by... More

Chapter 1~Siriously?
Chapter 2~ Squid
Chapter 3~ I think I'm Dead
Chapter 4~ Nawph. Neferw!
Chapter 5~Evil Sirius
Chapter 6~ Tap tap tap
Chapter 7~ Pumpkins
Chapter 8~ Which universe?
AN
Chapter 9~ Memory
Important
Chapter 10~ That's so dog
Chapter 11~ Bros before hoes. Especially evil hoes
Chapter 12~ Are these man feelings?
Chapter 13~ Honestly
Chapter 14~ Twat
Chapter 15~ I hate you
Chapter 16 ~ Harry and Viv sitting in a tree
Chapter 17~ Love
Chapter 18~ Pixie Dust
Chapter 19~ You're about as seductive as a potato
Chapter 20~ Death by potato
Chapter 21~ Ew Potter
Chapter 22~ Serial Heartbreaker
Chapter 23~ Shaving cream
Chapter 25~ Rat
Chapter 26~ Remember
Chapter 27~ Infractus Pectus
Chapter 28~ Blast from the past
AN
Chapter 29~ Invincible and Invisible
Chapter 30~ The book has to go
Chapter 31 (Part one)
Chapter 31 (Part two)
Chapter 32~ Obliviate
Chapter 33~ Time
Chapter 34~ Everything has changed
Chapter 35~ She's gone
Chapter 36~ Killer eyes
Chapter 37~ Her name was Victoria
Epilogue
Authors note

Chapter 24~ I'm trying

5.8K 182 17
By OliAndTheDiamonds

Abigail's POV (continued from last chapter)

"But sir-" "50 points from Gryffindor! I suggest you get out now unless you want to be the subject of humiliation amongst your peers!" God I hate him so much. Grumbling, I rudely scraped my chair back before dramatically sweeping up all my books up and slamming them into my bag, throwing my writing equipment in as well, not caring that my ink had spilt everywhere before sneakily grabbing the parchment Lily had slipped into my lap. 

"Hurry up!" Slughorn barked, glaring at me, "or it'll be another 20 points from Gryffindor!"  "I'm trying!" I yelled back at him, losing the little patience I had in me," but you keep on nagging me you gibbering twat so obviously it's not going to be that easy!" The class went silent as Sluggy gasped for breath, his face turning red as he blotted his face, wiping the sweat which had gathered from his gabber-flasted expression.

  "T-that's it, I've had enough of your attitude Elston! Go to the head masters office now!" He roared, waddling up to me, smacking his wand down on the table, which caused several glowing cherry red sparks to fly out. I held my hands up sarcastically in defeat before smirking and replying.  "Sir yes sir," I cockily saluted him before walking out, slapping Sirius in the face with my bag on the way out.

As soon as I had left the room, chatter erupted in the classroom as people started to gossip about what just happened. My smirk grew even wider as I heard Slughorn scream at the rest of the students, demanding for the class to be quiet. "You are quiet  the rebel Elston," Sirius's voice floated over and I whipped around, disappointed that Sirius was out here with me. "Like you're one to talk," I shot back angrily, cursing as I felt some ink seep through my robes and run down my back,"you basically reek of it! Oh wait you just stink!" 

An unknown expression flickered through his eyes before they hardened and he glared at me,"Someone's on their rag." My mouth dropped open and I slapped him in the face. Hard.  "AM NOT!" I yelled angrily, ready to beat the crap out of him, enraged that he was impying that I was on something I actually wasn't on.

He scowled at me, his face turning red from where my bag had collided with his flesh. "Whatever you say, Elston," he sneered at me, revealing his perfectly straight and white teeth,"don't you have somewhere to be?" I simpered sarcastically at him before sohuldering past him making sure to rub some ink on him, making my way to Dumbledore's office. Something hard scratched my hand and I looked down to notice that the parchment Lily had passed to me was digging into my skin.

Unfurling it, I was greeted with a proposal from Lily. When we fall in love, it wilwon't be with someone like James or Sirius. If one of us does fall in love with someone like them, the other has permission to put a stop to it. Deal? I snorted, fat chance something like that is ever going to happen, I hate Sirius with a burning passion. Stopping in the corridor, I dipped my quill in the leaking ink and wrote deal.

****************************************************************************************

"I think you've fallen for him," Lily said, looking at me intensely. I snorted, no way do I love Sirius,before protesting. "Lils, I do not love Sirius!" "I think you do, whenever someone mentions his name, you start grinning like an idiot and honestly I've never seen you happier in my entire life, ever since you went out with him." 

 I felt my face heat up as she stated the truth. "I always grin like an idiot," I protested weakly when Lily smiled her knowing smile. "You love him Abs, face it." "Love? What good is love for? I don't love anyone or anything. I don't do love!" I replied half-truthfully.

"You don't fool me Abigail," she said before getting up off the floor and making her way into the bathroom,"A deal's a deal!" I bit my lip, my heart racing as I started imagining all the possible things Lily could do with Sirius.

I should really let Lily break us up before I'm in too deep. Face it girl, you love him but he doesn't love you, the voices sneered as they started laughing maliciously in the background. I placed my hands in my head, listening to Lily freshening up in the bathroom as I exhaled noisily, musing over my options.

I could  let Lily do whatever she had to and end things for ever or I could sabotage her efforts. "I have the perfect idea," Lily exclaimed, emerging from the bathroom, her crimson hair dripping water everywhere," bathrooms free by the way, Abs."

I pushed myself off the floor before gathering everything I needed as I walked to the bathroom. "What is it?" Lily smirked before handing me a fresh towel," I'll tell you after you shower." Showering quickly, my mind drifted over to Sirius. Against my own will a smile made its way across my face and soon enough, I was grinning like I was doped up on pixie dust.

After I had dried off, I ran back into the dorm, to find Lily holding a vial of light pink liquid, which I recognised as a love potion. "What are you doing," I asked, eyeing the liquid suspiciously. She looked up from the vial with a devious grin before replying.

"I'm going to spike Sirius and James's food with it," she cackled, rubbing her hands together gleefully. "Wait so you want them to fall in love with each other," I asked incredously before bursting into laughter before stopping suddenly as realisation crossed my mind "Isn't that going to make both of them fall in love with you seeing as you made it?"

"No, I got this off Jessica Reacher, she had some left over from a few weeks ago. She said she bought it from a store, so we're good." "Is that Armontentia," I asked, looking at the seemingly harmless pearly pink liquid.  

"Yeah, do you have any food?" She asked, pouring half into another vial before swirling it, spirals of steam floating up from it. "Um yeah," I replied, grabbing the fresh muffins Sirius had supposedly pilfered from the kitchen," will these do?" 

"They'll do great," she took two muffins before pouring the potion into each one, the muffins temporarily turning pink before returning to their normal colour in a puff of delicious smelling smoke. "Done," she handed me both muffins," Give that to Sirius when he's with James ok?" 

"Will do," I replied, grabbing both of the muffins and stashing them in my bag carefully before tying up my hair, ready for potions. "Why do we always have potions everyday?" I groaned, throwing in some spell books, careful not to squash the two muffins,"Slughorn hates me!"

"Suck it up princess and go find those boys." Grumbling I made my down to the common room, bumping into Remus on the way down. "Hey," I greeted, noting his pale skin and tired eyes immediately. He looked up at me, his usually cheerful green eyes nearly completely black. He mumbled a reply before stumbling back up to the boys dorm. 

I blinked, unable to process what had just happened. "Touchy," I whispered under my breath as Sirius leapt down the stairs, James following close by, both beaming wildly. "ABIGAIL," James yelled, pushing Sirius to the floor before engulfing me in a massive hug. 

"Oi you git, get off my woman," Sirius yelped, tackling James to the floor before quickly standing back up and kissing me on the lips."Hey, Abi-" he breathed, his eyes widening when James grabbed him around the waist and pulled his pants down.  I burst into laughter when I noticed his pink boxers. He looked sexy as he- no, shut up. 

"I got you two something," I reached into my bag and produced the miraculously un-squashed muffins and handed each of them one. "This one's a keeper," James joked, taking a massive chomp out of the muffin while Sirius shoved the whole thing in his mouth, both chewing and swallowing the muffins. 

I watched them expectantly, waiting for them to jump in to each others arms and start snogging like the world was about to end but instead they both looked away from each other before sighing like a pair of love sick fools. Sirius's next words stopped my heart.

"I love her," he murmured, giggling dreamily," I love Jannet." 

"Excuse me," I asked, my voice choking up a little as my heart started racing. It's just a love potion, it's not actually love. Against my own will tears started to brim on the edges of my eyes. Sirius looked over at me like I was stupid, his face softening as he murmured her name again. 

"Jannet Xie, she's bloody perfect," he sighed. James snapped his head over to look at Sirius frowning. "She's not perfect, she's beyond perfect and she's mine!" He growled, pushing Sirius in the chest. 

I ignored their fighting and slowly made my way back up the stairs to the girl's room, feeling completely emotionless. We told you, the voices hissed before cackling and materialising in front of me as shadows, he doesn't love you

"Lily, something bad has happened."

She poked her head out from behind her bed and looked at me quizically. "What?"

"The potion."

"What, are they snogging like the world's about to end?"

"No."

"What then?" 

"They love someone else."

"What do you mean?" She asked, her green eyes growing wide as she dropped the books she was holding onto the ground.

"They're in love with someone called Jannet Xie or something."

Lily ogled at me, speechless before regaining her composure. "Are you sure?" I gave her a blank stare before sitting on my bed. "Yeah."

"Shit," she cursed, running her pale hands through her flaming hair," I'll be back, I'm going to go talk to Jessica. Can you tell Slughorn that I'll be there in five minutes?" 

"You're leaving me with Sirius,"I exclaimed, on the brink of tears,"he's going to be talking about Jannet the whole time!"

"You really like him don't you?" 

"No," I lied, wiping away a tear,"he's just really nice."

"Bullshit Abigail, you love him."

I stayed silent and watched as she left the dorm with a frown on her face before making my way down to the dungeons, my heart accelerating with every step I took. Soon enough I was outside the door avoiding eye contact with a certain dark haired boy. 

"Are you alright," Remus's tired voice floated over as he hovered next to me looking at Sirius," I reckon someone spiked Sirius's food."

"They did," I replied, looking at my worn shoes. 

"I heard. Why'd you do it?" 

"I don't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jessica lied," Lily hissed, sitting down next to me, heaping her plate full of food as she glanced over at James and Sirius who were now sitting apart from each other with neither Remus or Peter in sight. Today had been hell, Sirius had continued pining for Jannet, completely ignoring me which hurt a lot. 

"Obviously."

"This sixth year Ravenclaw, Jannet actually made it."

"Tell me something new."

"Stop being a sarcastic toerag Abs." She punched me in the shoulder. "What ever," I rolled my eyes,"I'm going to go hang out with Remus." Lily eyed my empty plate before looking at me. 

"Are you going to eat anything?" 

"I already ate," I lied, smiling at her before leaving the bustling Great Hall on my pursuit of Remus. Just as I neared the fat lady, Remus stumbled out, clutching his stomach before running down the corridor. 

"Are you alright," I yelled stupidly at him. Obviously he wasn't. Biting my lip I decided I should go after him to make sure he didn't collapse on the floor. After about ten minutes of chasing Remus, I had ended up outside at the whomping willow, looking at Remus's retreating form. 

How did he even know that there's a secret passage. Quickly before the tree decided to bash the daylights out of me, I ducked in the narrow, cleverly hidden passage and started to walk along it, my hand trailing along the dusty wall full of glowing mushrooms. 

Faintly I heard Remus's footsteps disappear and I looked behind, only to discover that I had no idea which way to go. The path had split in two, one side leading down to a dark, cobwebbed passage while the other was lined with more mushrooms. 

From the dark passage, I suddenly heard an animalistic roar that had my heart jump. Without thinking, I ran down the dark pathway blindly before I was hit with glowing light from above. Looking up, I noticed a ladder leading up to a trap door, where the light was slowly filtering in. 

Climbing up the rusty ladder, I flipped the trapdoor to be greeted with a horrific site. A werewolf stood   right in front of me, it's eyes glowing dangerously as saliva dripped from it's oversized teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love you guys :* Vote and comment, I'd love to hear your ideas :* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.7K 36
17-year-old Elizabeth Thompson is prideful. She always defends her family, and shuts down anyone that doesn't accept them. 17-year-old James Potter i...
34.2K 1.3K 41
Astrid was supposed to go to Hogwarts when she was eleven. She never did. She lived her life as a Muggle, not knowing what, or who, she really was. W...
800K 25.3K 36
"babe, if you don't wipe that frown off your lips, people might think you don't like hanging out with me." [sirius black x female oc] ...
19.5K 496 28
Follow Elizabeth Gold of love and friendship. As she joins her fifth year at Hogwarts she soon finds herself falling for the heartbreaker Sirius Blac...