MidnightSnow1's Oneshots

By MidnightSnow1

Collection of Everlark/Joshifer oneshots written by MidnightSnow1 (me). More

When I First Felt Her.
The Separation
The Final Goodbye
The Question
The Reason Why
Love Is My Saviour
Come, Home
I'll Come Home
The Unwanted Colour Argument
Late Nights
The Win
The Question
The Reunion of Two
Graceful Moves
Yet He Isn't
Yet She Can't
Lay It All On Me, Katniss
COMING SOON
Butterflies
NEW IDEA?

Even Miracles Take A Little Time

645 37 2
By MidnightSnow1

It was my turn to prep our dinner, even though Peeta had objected for my safety. 

The danger level wasn't too high, but higher than the previous years. As my body progresses in a change. After he gave in, I agreed to let him stay with me.

Today we had gone to another doctor's appointment. The third of the many that was to follow in the next six months.

Peeta was more excited than I was, he always has been. At least that what I've noticed from the start.

With the usual request from him to the doctor that would regard how he should help me, it always required a list of things. An automatic cringe filled me the moment it was printed and Peeta scanned it. It is generous of him, to look after me, but sometimes I feel he takes it too far.

As I continue to prepare the stew we were to have that night, Peeta leaned over the bench beside me. Reading through the list of things he was given earlier. I mentally rolled my eyes when he pulled it out and continued to cut the vegetables.

My eyes shifted back to him when he stood up more, taking a smaller piece of card in between in his fingers. I placed the knife down to look at the card.

Our child.  

The photo taken from the ultrasound earlier that day. 

I had to let my mouth muscles contract to form a small smile on my face at Peeta's words:

"Even miracles take a little time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.3K 3K 76
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
498K 14.3K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
154K 4.1K 79
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
395K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...