Saving Her || Rihanna & Nicki...

By shewritesdior

Onika Maraj hated change, so it's no understatement that she went crazy when her mother broke the news that t... More

Chapter 2: Higher
A/N:
Chapter 3: Mysterious Bad Gal
Chapter 4: Getting What I Want
Chapter 5: Taste Like Mango
Chapter 7: NOT
Chapter 6: A Night to Remember
Chapter 7: Past Revealed
Chapter 8: Morning After
Chapter 9: Destiny
Chapter 10: Untouchable
Chapter 11: Guess It Does
Chapter 12: Return of Sahara
Chapter 13: Distractions
Chapter 14: Should Be Me
Chapter 15: Closing Chapters
Chapter 16: Forced Encounter
Chapter 17: First Date For Ransom
Chapter 18: Save Me
Chapter 19: Didn't I Tell You I Was A Savage?
Chapter 20: Saving Her
Author's Note
Chapter 21: Blackout
Chapter 22: Losing
Chapter 23: Back To Normal?
Chapter 24: Protector
A/N

Chapter 1: New Girl

9.8K 339 358
By shewritesdior

Okay y'all so this is my first ever non Cyn and Erica book on here. I got the idea from reading a couple Rih & Nicki books and fell in love with them lol.
Let me know if I should continue!?

Onika:

*Thump*
The feeling of my head hitting the cold, hard tile woke me up quick.

"Ahh fuck..." I mumble, rubbing the side of my face that hit the floor.

Sorry, I didn't get to introduce myself. My name is Onika. I'm eighteen and if you couldn't tell my day was already starting off all wrong.

I picked my sleepy ass up off the floor and started gathering my things for the shower.

I was starting at a new school for my senior year...but I was far away from home. After daddy was laid off about a year ago things were hard for us back in New York.

But about a month ago his old friend offered him a job. I was so excited for him, until I found out it was far away from New York.

It was in never never land...also known as Barbados.

Don't get me wrong, the island was beautiful. I was used to the heat because I was an island girl too.

I spent the first five years of my life in Trinidad with my Granny. And I visited every other summer. But this was far from Queens New York.

Far away from my friends, my old school, and my baby Safaree. I knew I was going to miss him the most.

I sighed walking out of my bedroom and down the hall to the bathroom. I cut on my speaker and connected it to my Rose Gold 6S.

I shuffled the Miseducation album by my favorite artist of all time Lauryn Hill and started singing my heart out to Doo Wop.

That song was my shit. "That thing, that thing, that thiiiiiinggg."

I step out the shower when I'm finished and wipe the fog off the mirror. I take my flexi rods out and fix my hair into a cute style.

If I was going to hate this school, I had to look good doing it.

I'm posing all cute in the mirror when I hear a heavy bang on the door.

"Hurry up in there! More makeup ain't gonna fix that mug, dog face." I hear my little brother yelling from the other side of the door.

"Fuck you. I'm not rushing just you can beat your little dick in the shower RJ!" I yell back.

Why couldn't we have left my fourteen year old little brother from hell back in New York. Or better yet put his little funky ass up for adoption.

He didn't respond, just kicked the door a few more times. I could hear him mumble something under his breath and that's when I flung the door open.

"What was that?" I ask standing in the doorway.

"Nothing just move" he says with an attitude.

"Exactly what I thought." I roll my eyes and push past him and make my way back down the hall to my room.

Now I had to at least look good even though I felt like shit and was super homesick. A first impression was a lasting impression.

I hadn't even gotten a chance to really unpack, so I'm digging through boxes for the perfect outfit.

I decide on something chill. A cropped red hoodie, ripped jeans, and my all red huaraches.

Threw on some gold accessories and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Damn do these jeans make my ass look big." I whispered and then laughed as I thought Bitch everything makes your ass look big.

I grabbed my purse and a notebook and ran downstairs where my mom was cooking breakfast.

"Ma, I'm about to go." I say walking up to her and kissing her cheek.

"You're not gonna' eat nothin' Onika?" She said through her thick Trini accent.

"Nah mommy. I'll grab something on the way. Tell your son he missed his ride and the bus comes in about..." I look down at my watch. "Six minutes."

My mother huffed in defeat. She hated how much me and RJ fought but he was a pain in my ass.

"At least wait for him afta' school Nika..." She gives me the side eye and I roll mine.

"Fine mommy. I'll wait for him after school. K I gotta go. Love you" I kiss her cheek one more time and dash to my car.

I make a stop to the Starbucks on the way and grab a mint latte and a blueberry muffin. A few minutes later I'm pulling into the parking lot.

Damn. I could already tell my ass was going to get lost. This school was about the size of my entire borough.

I got out my car and started making my way to the front office to pick up my schedule.

When I get there I'm greeted by this stank ass receptionist with a crappy attitude. I look closely at her name tag. Ms. Leaks.

"Umm hi my name is Onika Maraj, I'm here to pick up my schedule." I say with a smile but she doesn't return it.

Shit I could have an attitude just like her but bigger, this lady better not start with me.

"Have a seat. We'll call you when we find it yeah?" She says flashing a phony smile through those big teeth.

I roll my eyes and and take a seat in the waiting area. I start playing angry birds on my phone and got so into it I didn't even notice her calling my name.

"Gal is you deaf? Ms.Maraj!" She says and I look up at her.

"Okay! Damn you don't have to yell." I mumble as I walk up to the desk.

I look at the other secretary who's name tag reads Braxton.

"Don't be so hard on de gal. Clearly she ain't from roun' here NeNe." The younger secretary says nudging the rude ass one.

She gives her a look like whatever and slides me my schedule. "You go to de home room first and then follow de schedule as it goes."

I snatch the paper to keep from snatching that blonde wig off her head and leave the office.

"Room 404..." I say to myself as I head to the steps and go up to the fourth floor. At the end of the third I had to catch my damn breath.

I was gonna' have to find an elevator in here, and quick. I finally reach the fourth floor and find my homeroom.

It's only a few students in there so I take the seat over by the window by myself and start texting my best friends Thembi and Titi.

Nicki: Y'all I hate it here already
Thembi: Bitch we miss you!
Titi: How's the island?
Nicki: It's cool. I almost had to snatch the secretary wig off though...giving me mad attitude and shit.🙄
Thembi: 😂😂😂
Titi: Bitch don't get shipped out on ya first day

I didn't get to respond because some girl with a loud ass laugh came into the class with a another girl tagging along beside her.

"Senior year bitches!" She shouts throwing dap to the girl.

"Settle down Ms. Fenty and company." The teacher seems to know her well and he doesn't look to pleased about her presence.

"I got a name Mr. Elba! It's Melissa. K? Say it with me...Mel-issa... Ass hole." She whispers the last part.

"Just have a seat girls. It's your senior year. Let's make it a positive one." He says as other students started pouring in.

The lighter girl rolls her eyes and takes a seat in the back with her friend.

She's beautiful. Those hazel eyes really stuck out. I turn and look over my shoulder to get a second look but quickly turn back around when she catches my gaze.

"Alright den. I know most of ye faces but there's a few new ones. I'm Mr. Elba...if you're a senior you'll most likely have me for English-" he gets cut off by the bell and all the kids pour back out into the hallway.

"Alright. Everyone head over to first period don't be late!" He shouts.

I grab my notebook and my coffee and head toward the door. I feel a tap on my shoulder that stops me...and it's those two girls who came in all loud.

"Why don't I know you gorgeous? Where you come from?" She asks in her thick accent. Those hazel eyes were piercing.

And did she just call me gorgeous?

"South Side Jamaica Queens. New York." I say proudly.

"Oh true. What's your name? What they call you back home in New York?" She asks with a sly smile.

"Nicki..." I say simply.

"Well Nicki...you should hang wit us before first period. I'm Robyn...I run this lame ass school. And this is my girl Mel" She steps closer to me.

"We about to blow one out under them football bleachers. You in?" She whispers into my ear.

I didn't really smoke but whatever. I wasn't in a rush to get to learning and they seemed cool.

"But shouldn't I at least find my first period first?" I ask looking at my schedule.

She grabs it from me and looks over it.

She lucky she's really pretty because I didn't like people snatching shit out of my hands.

"You got Chemistry wit me and Mel. Ms. Rowland is cool. We can be a little late." She winks.

"Let's do it." I shrug as I walked with them out the back door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 1.5K 20
Onika Tanya Maraj lived a perfect life until one mistake changed her life, she meets BeyoncΓ© Giselle Knowles and falls in love with her, but will Oni...
13.6K 835 21
Onika Tanya Maraj was abused physically, emotionally, and mentally by her parents. At the age of 17 she had enough and decided to run away. Walking d...
4.3K 320 10
Everything isn't always what it seems... Β©2023 by fiftyshadesofbey
11.2K 487 31
I thought things would be different with us - Onika