Chapter 1: New Girl

Okay y'all so this is my first ever non Cyn and Erica book on here. I got the idea from reading a couple Rih & Nicki books and fell in love with them lol.
Let me know if I should continue!?

Onika:

*Thump*
The feeling of my head hitting the cold, hard tile woke me up quick.

"Ahh fuck..." I mumble, rubbing the side of my face that hit the floor.

Sorry, I didn't get to introduce myself. My name is Onika. I'm eighteen and if you couldn't tell my day was already starting off all wrong.

I picked my sleepy ass up off the floor and started gathering my things for the shower

I was starting at a new school for my senior year...but I was far away from home. After daddy was laid off about a year ago things were hard for us back in New York.

But about a month ago his old friend offered him a job. I was so excited for him, until I found out it was far away from New York.

It was in never never land...also known as Barbados.

Don't get me wrong, the island was beautiful. I was used to the heat because I was an island girl too.

I spent the first five years of my life in Trinidad with my Granny. And I visited every other summer. But this was far from Queens New York.

Far away from my friends, my old school, and my baby Safaree. I knew I was going to miss him the most.

I sighed walking out of my bedroom and down the hall to the bathroom. I cut on my speaker and connected it to my Rose Gold 6S.

I shuffled the Miseducation album by my favorite artist of all time Lauryn Hill and started singing my heart out to Doo Wop.

That song was my shit. "That thing, that thing, that thiiiiiinggg."

I step out the shower when I'm finished and wipe the fog off the mirror. I take my flexi rods out and fix my hair into a cute style.

If I was going to hate this school, I had to look good doing it.

I'm posing all cute in the mirror when I hear a heavy bang on the door.

"Hurry up in there! More makeup ain't gonna fix that mug, dog face." I hear my little brother yelling from the other side of the door.

"Fuck you. I'm not rushing just you can beat your little dick in the shower RJ!" I yell back.

 I'm not rushing just you can beat your little dick in the shower RJ!" I yell back