Only Friends

By TheWriterWriting

"Why?" Was he seriously asking me why I wasn't going to kiss him?! We met a second ago and all I want is to e... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
I'm sorry
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Banners and info
Hold up

Chapter 12

604 18 21
By TheWriterWriting

Audrey kept looking at me with a bright smile. Her brother looked over at her.

"Time to go to bed."

She looked at him with a sad face. He removed one of her curls off of her face.

"Don't be sad, here i'll read you a story."

She looked at him then a me.

"I want Lauren to read me a story!"

He frown and looked at me.

"You never let Clark read you a story."

"But she's a princess!"

He bit his bottom lip and shook his head.

"Fine."

He looked at me and started to walk down the hallway. I followed them until we were all in Audrey's room. Her room was pastel pink and light blue, like I imagined. Adrian put his sister on the floor and walked away.

"I'll wait for you in the living room."

I smiled at him, he closed the door behind him.

"So what do you want me to read?"

She ran in her closet to grab her books but she was too small, I grabbed the pile of book on the shelf and put them on the floor. We sat on the ground to decide what to read. I took a Cinderella book and gave it to her, she looked at her for a moment before putting it away. I looked at all the princess stories, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Snow white and and many more.

"This one!"

She handled me the book, I took a look at it and surprisingly this princess story looked different.

"Bree Braided Princess?"

"Yea!"

She ran in her bed and pulled the blankets over her, she took her teddy bear and looked at me. I got up and took the pink chair from her desk, I sat next to the bed and took the book in my hands.

I opened the first page and started reading.

"This is the story of a little girl named Bree, she was a sweet and really pretty little girl."

I looked over at Audrey looking at me with big eyes.

"She was nice to everyone but she had no friends."

Audrey's eyes widen and she screamed.

"No friends?!"

I laughed a little and kept reading.

"Every girls had ponytails but Bree didn't, in her beautiful blond hair was a braid. Everyone called her Bree Braided. She had no friends because everyone thought she wasn't 'in style'. Her only friend was the cat that came to visit her everyday, Fuzz. One day like the others she went to school with her braid in her hair but this morning no one told her she was a peasant because only peasants wore braids."

I looked over at Audrey still listening to every words of the story.

"One of the most popular girl of her school came to her and she broke Bree's elastic. Her eyes widen when she saw Bree's hair turn a beautiful gold and honey color. Few people had this hair color because only royalty had. Bree wanted to have friends that liked her for what she was and not because she was in reality a princess. She went to see a wizard and asked him to make her hair normal when she put them into a braid. People were surprised, she told herself that now everyone knew about her secret so she didn't had to wear a braid anymore, she could wear the cool ponytail that everyone had."

Audrey's eyes were stuck on me. Every word of this story made her something.

"The next morning she came back to school with her braid. People asked her why she still had her braid. She told everyone that she liked her braid and it wasn't because they didn't that she would stop wearing it. She then lived happily with always her braid in her hair."

"Lauren?"

I looked over at her while I put the book down.

"Can you braid my hair please?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to be like Bree, I want to be like I want to."

Her answer surprised me. She was only four and she was wiser then I was at 17. I sat on the bed and braided her hair.

"Thank you."

I was about to leave when she told me to wait.

"Adrian was really sad and my parents told me that he had problems but now his princess makes him happy."

I smiled at her and told her goodnight, I closed the light and the door behind me. I then remembered that Adrian's parents also told me that he had problems before, now I really wanted to know what they were talking about. I walked back to the living room where Adrian was waiting for me. I sat next to him on the couch and looked back at the T.V.

"Should we continue the movie?"

I looked at him, crossed my legs on the couch and turned to look at him.

"Your parents and Audrey talked about... problems that you had."

He looked over at me.

"Ok?"

I sighed and looked back at him.

"What kind of problem was it? Audrey told me you were really sad."

"You know that she is only four and she probably don't see things like they really are."

"She actually is seeing things, she can even see them better then a lot of persons."

He looked back at the T.V, I grabbed his face to make him face me and got closer.

"Tell me."

He looked in my eyes for a moment before looking down in a sigh.

"They weren't really problems.... it was more like I was really sad and it was the problem."

I looked at him, still holding his face like if he would stop talking if I didn't.

"I was really in love and I did stupid things for this girl."

"Like..."

He looked at me for a second and I saw hesitation in his eyes.

"I lost... all my friends and did everything she wanted but she ended up just throwing me away after."

The way that he said it made me doubt it but why would he lie to me. Trust was important and I had to trust him. I gently caressed his cheek making him look at me.

"Hey, are you scared that I will do the same?"

"I don't know."

I smiled at him.

"You don't have to be scared."

I took his hand in mine and put it on my heart so that he could feel the beating of it. He looked at me confused.

"Your heart?"

I lightly shook my head up and down.

"This heart, it's yours."

His face bright up and he removed his hand.

"I don't have a heart."

I frown at his sentence as it was impossible to live without a heart. When he saw my confused look he laughed a little.

"Someone stole it from me."

I smiled at him and leaned closer.

"Who is she?"

"She is a really pretty girl, she have beautiful blue eyes and beautiful dirty blond wavy hair.

"And?"

"She is perfect."

"I think i'll have to beat her up, how dare she steal my man's heart."

He lightly laughed and he approached his face to mine, still smiling.

"That was so cheesy."

"You started with the cheesy stuff."

He shook his head.

"Point for you."

"Does it mean I win?"

"If you want to win then you win."

"What do I win?"

"What do you want to win?"

I leaned in closer to kiss him but when our lips were about to meet I stopped.

"Ice cream."

He opened his eyes with a confused look.

"What?"

I got up and ran to the kitchen, I opened the freezer to see chocolate ice cream right in front of me. I took it out and closed the door. Adrian walked in, he looked at me for a moment before walking over to the drawers. He took out to spoons.

"Two spoons?"

He looked over at them and frown.

"You and me, we are two persons so two spoons."

I smirked at him.

"I'm the one who won that ice cream, I never said I would share it with you."

"You can't do that!"

I looked over at the ice cream container in my hand, I looked back at him and shook my head.

"I'm pretty sure I can."

I looked back at the table.

"Do you sometimes dance on the table?"

"I always get up on the table, it's fun."

"Good."

I got up on the chair and then on the table, I looked down at Adrian.

"Give me my spoon."

"But... I want some ice cream too..."

"Too bad you lost."

"Well I change my mind, your not the winner anymore."

"Too late."

I was about to grab a spoon but Adrian grabbed my ankle.

"Let go."

"You let go of the ice cream."

I opened the container and threw the lid at him. I looked at his face as it was covered with chocolate ice cream. I burst out laughing as he wasn't moving.

"it's f*cking cold!"

I kept laughing, tears came to my eyes.

"You have to clean that mess."

I got down of the table and put the container on the table, I walked towards him and took the spoon off of his hand. I grabbed the ice cream container and looked at him with a satisfied smile.

"Thank you."

I kissed his cheek, licking my lips to taste the cold, sweet ice cream. I walked back to the living room to peacefully eat my sweet treat when Adrian came running and stole it from me.

"Hey! Give it back!"

"What about no?"

I crossed my arms on my chest and gave him a fake sad face.

"I'll give it if you share with me."

"Fine."

"Really?"

He looked at me surprised, I took the ice cream.

"No."

I ran back in the hallway as he was running behind me.

"You won't share with your boyfriend?!"

"Ice cream is waaaaaaay better then anyone in this world."

"That hurts."

I stopped when I was in front of a wall. I looked back to see Adrian smirking at me, he kept getting closer and as a reflex I took steps backs until my back was against the wall. When he was close enough he put his arms on the wall next to my head.

"You sure you don't want to share?"

"Your just a bad loser."

He took the container away from me. I looked at him with a puppy face.

"Share with me... pretty pleeease."

"Hmmmm, I don't know if I want to."

"Pweeeaaaase."

He looked at me with big eyes, I dropped my puppy face wondering if there was a giant spider on the wall.

"Spider!"

I ran behind Adrian as he kept laughing.

"What the f*ck, Lauren?"

"It's your face, I thought there was something behind me."

"No, I did it because that pwease was too cute."

"Oh."

I looked ta the wall to see that there wasn't any spiders, I looked down at my ice cream.

"Don't think about it."

I looked up at him.

"Whyyyy?"

He smiled at me with his eyes closed.

"Pweeeease."

He scratched his head and looked down at me.

"Only if you...."

I looked at him terrified of what he was going to say.

"... kiss me."

I looked at him and frown a little, he pointed his cheek making me frown even more. It was weird that he only wanted a kiss on the cheek but I would do anything for my ice cream. He turned his head to the side as I leaned to kiss his cheek when he turned it back to kiss me on the lips. As he deepens the kiss I played with his hair, I felt his hands behind my back holding me close to him. If both his hands were in my back that meant... That I could take my ice cream with no risk!

----------------------------

I hope you like this chapter as much as I liked writing it. Thanks a lot for all the reads, I really appreciate it. 😁😆😆

Don't forget to Share this story, vote and comment because I really like knowing what you think and I will always answer you. 😊😘
Instagram: mollysperfectworld 😊
See ya 👋🏻

-Molly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 32.6K 35
"You're just too much fun to mess with," he jokes, his smile transforming into a glowing smirk. My cheeks heat, but this time with anger. My toleranc...
177K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
109K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...