When She Returned- Soul Eater...

By CielsKuroButler

After the fall of Asura (Anime version), everyone is dealing with many situations in different ways: Old mem... More

Chapter 1- Welcome Back To The DWMA
Chapter 3- Mama
Chapter 4- Honesty
Chapter 5- Memories
Chapter 6- Eventful Days in Death City
Chapter 7- Caught Up
Chapter 8- The Residential
(Concept Design- Kamiki)
Chapter 9- Cold Air
Chapter 10- Truth or Dare
Chapter 11- An Old Foe
(Authors Note)
Chapter 12- Papa
Chapter 13- The Ressurection of Lady Gorgon
Authors Note:
Chapter 14: Breaking From The Chains
Chapter 15 [FINALE]: Let's Go! Soul Resonance!
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter 2- Kamiki

557 14 0
By CielsKuroButler

Standing at the foot of the steps to the DWMA were two masked women. One was tall and had an athletic but curvy body, and wore a white shirt, blue skinny pants and a brown jacket. Her face and head was covered in a protective shawl, the only thing on show were a pair of sky blue eyes. The other was a short and petite young woman, who wore a black leather biker jacket and a black hooded cloak with a mask. They were both disguised and had just made it into Death City.

They both approached the doors, only to be stopped by Sid Barret.

"What brings you two here then? Those masks don't look promising." Sid began. The taller woman laughed. Sid raised an eyebrow.

"Aw come on Sid, I guess you lost your touch for detective work. You used to be able to tell who I was in a heart beat. Getting a bit slow?" She asked playfully.

Sid's mouth crept into a grin as he realised something. "No way. I'm always fast. That was the kind of man I was. Kamiki?"

The taller woman removed her shawl to reveal ash blonde hair swept up in a large pin. Her right eye was half covered by a side fringe which reached past her jaw. Kamiki was a pretty woman with sky blue eyes, and fair skin. She smiled at Sid.

"You guessed correctly! Maybe I underestimated you, Sidney." She reached out to hug her old friend, and guided her younger friend, now unmasked, to him.

"This is my friend and weapon, Megara Law. Meg, meet Sid. We were friends in school. He was, let me say.. A little more alive than he is now." She laughed. Sid nodded with a smile.

Sid held his hand out to Megara. She shook it with a smile. "Nice to meet you!"

"No the pleasure is mine, miss." He replied. "A zombie life is slightly easier. Try it, Kami. It's fun, It's like living, but no pain."

"Nope. That means I'd have to loan my body to him. And that would be suicide in itself. Not even over my dead body." She cringed at the thought.

"Oh.. I forgot. You hate S-"

"Don't even mention it." Kami said bluntly.

They had made it half way to the doors of the Death Room when they walked into Joe Buttaki. Joe's face lit up on Kami's presence. Kami gave him a less enthusiastic smile.

"Didn't think I would see you around here, Ichinose."

"That's Albarn to you." She corrected.

"Still? But you divorced Spirit didn't you?" He asked.

"Yeah. But I like his second name. So I kept it. Keeps the whole family thing the same as well." She explained.

"Mind if you take my second name?" He flirted. Kami took a step back.

"Now watch it. I'm not for you. Also your second name has butt in it so I hate it." Kami spat.

"You found a man?" Joe asked.

"No. I just like my standards high." Kami said, monotonously.

Joe scratched his head. "Come on, Spirit's hardly high standard-"

"He's leagues higher than you. Plus, even though he's a cheat, give him his salt. He was a gentleman. Maybe to the wrong people but still. He didn't use cheap pick ups like that. Yuck."

"I guess... He does good coffee though." By then, Kami and Megara walked off.

Both of them felt relieved to be standing in the corridor outside the Death Room. Kamiki knocked on the door.

"Hey Lord Death? I'm here."

"Come in!"

The two women walked into the Death Room where Lord Death stood happily, accompanied with Marie- who was incredibly surprised at the sight in front of her.

"KAMI NO WAY!" Marie squealed as she ran to her and hugged her.

"Marie! It's been such a long time since I seen you in the flesh. You look wonderful!" Kami spoke excitedly. "How are you?"

"Aw thank you! I'm well! Just found someone new and he is the one. You look lovely as usual, Kam!" Marie was squealing with happiness. Kami grinned. She missed her very much, so it was nice to see Marie again.

"Thanks! You said that with Buttaki though. Who is it?" She asked. She was interrupted by a voice.

"Hey lord Death, I let the students know."

Just by hearing the voice, Kami's face dropped. She closed her eyes to remain calm then approached Lord Death to unintensify the situation.

"So Lord Death, long time no see!" She began. Lord Death was overjoyed.

"Lovely to see you! Nice to see Miss Law too! Haven't seen you since you became a Death Weapon. A powerful battle axe." He stated.

Megara sighed happily. "I missed it here at home. How is my brother coping?" She asked. "I miss him too."

Lord Death remembered something and perked up. "Oh he's doing well. He's due in here any minute actually so you'll get to see him very soon- oh wait here he is now!"

On cue, Megara's brother walked in. He had his earphones blaring as usual, and he was nodding to the fast pace of the music. Upon seeing his older sister, he stopped. He removed his earphones.

"Oh. Megara. You've returned. How are y-" His pleasant though monotonous greeting was halted by his sister launching herself at him.

"Justin! I've missed you so much. I hated how long it was since I last seen you. It has to have been like 3 years or something!" Meg exclaimed.

"Nope, about a year actually." Justin corrected, as his sister knocked the air out of his ribcage. "Could you at least let me breathe a little bit more. It's lovely to see you, but if you keep going I'll probably die." Upon hearing this, Megara let go, but with a smile on her face still.

Kamiki stood with Lord Death as she scanned the scene around her. She spotted Marie talking to Stein, the face matching the voice she quickly avoided a little earlier. Stein, unfortunately for Kami, spotted her as well. He approached her.

Stein decided to begin conversation. "Good morning, Kamiki."

"It's Kami." She corrected.

"Kamiki." Stein repeated, smirking.

Kami scowled. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Well I work here."

"Let me guess... Technician?" She taunted.

"I'm a professor. I taught your daughter this morning." Stein announced.

Kami furrowed her eyebrows. "Oh god. Why. Who thought it was a good idea to hire you?"

"Lord Death."

Kami spun around to face the shinigami. "Lord Death, can I ask something?"

"Yes?"

"WHY?" She cried.

"I thought he could add some good substance to the school. Plus his skills in medicine is very advanced and what we needed for the attacks with Asura."

Kami sighed. "Oh okay. Fair enough as long as he doesn't do female physicals. Or any physicals for that matter." She had calmed down, defeated.

Stein looked at her smugly. "Oh that brings a thought. Kami where were you during these attacks?"

"South gate. A whole lot of Arachne's guys attacked the port there. Me and Meg brought down 3 of the generators too. Australia, Oceania and South America's." She explained. He took it in.

"Oh I wondered why Sid and Yumi said they were already destroyed. Good work."

"Thanks."

"Lord Death!" A voice shouted from down the corridor alongside some quick hitting footsteps, seemingly running. "I finished the papers at last and they've been indexed too!"

"Well done!" Lord Death said, delighted. Kami shot her head up at the familiarity of the voice. The owner of the voice, Spirit, ran through the door and smiled. He looked up.

Kami and his own eyes met.

"Oh.." Was the only thing Spirit could utter. He dropped the papers on the floor, his eyes wide and his face flushed bright red. Kami blushed and smiled as she watched him try to adjust his hair- then adjust the paper on the floor. She stepped forward and knelt down in front of him, to Spirit's surprise.

"Here. Let me help you." Kami offered. "I must have given you a fright, huh?"

Spirit smiled gently. "Thank you. Yeah. Sorry. I guess I just acted stupid for a second." He hung his head in shame, but she placed her hand on the top of his head and lifted it up.

"No, I guess I never warned you. It isn't stupid, really." Kami laughed. "I've seen you do worse. Like the time you saw Stein the night after he tried to swap your toes over. Your face was a picture."

"Don't remind me. You were so scary when you found out about what he was doing."

"He needed it the jerk." Kami shook her head at the thought. "There. Sorry it isn't ordered anymore."

Lord Death spoke. "Ah no worries. Kid will have a nice time ordering those. It's relaxing."

"That son of yours." Spirit sighed.

"I know. Odd boy but I adore him." Lord Death was enlightened with the thoughts of his son. "How is your girl Spirit? I'm sure Kami would like to know too."

"Oh Maka? No idea. I know she's well, but.."

"But?" Kami asked.

"She doesn't exactly want to know me. So she won't speak to me. It's my own fault she hates me though." Spirit looked at his hand. His nails were bitten to the ends. "I'm sure she'll tell you herself though."

Kami felt a wave of guilt hit her, alongside a lump in her throat. She hated seeing Spirit upset, even after what happened to them.

"Sorry."

"What?" Spirit sounded surprised.

"For Maka. I'm sorry. I feel like I caused her to.. Y'know..." Kami explained, her voice trailing.

"No. It was me entirely. Don't apologise." Spirit stated.

"Okay. But don't forget what I said just now, about Maka." She requested. Spirit nodded. They were quiet for a while, until Kami pulled Spirit into a hug.

"I missed it here." She whispered.

Spirit smiled. "You glad to be here?"

Kami nodded. "Yeah... I forgot to say something."

They pulled away and looked at each other. Spirit cleared his throat. "What is it?"

"I'm happy to see you again, Spirit."

"You too!"

Spirit couldn't help but smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285 4 12
-This takes place after the show, not manga- -Warning there is the use of alcohol in this story - Maka and Soul have been living normally after the...
231K 5.5K 25
Your name is, (Y/n) Thompson. You are the cousin of the two sisters Liz and Patty Thompson. Not too long ago you discovered you could turn into a wea...
942 13 48
A sound soul dwells within a sound mind, and a sound body. Upsetting the balance gives rise to a Kishin egg. Two years ago, Maka Albarn defeated the...
5K 180 24
Soul Eater Fanfiction Xia, a new Weapon at the DWMA, meets Haruka, Misaki, and Momo. While they go on adventures, a new Kishin rises, one more powerf...