Runaway ϟ The Flash [1]

By sheismental

❝God this is so cliché, Barry I'm not a damsel in distress.❞ [the flash: season one] copyright 2016 |bloodthr... More

CHARACTERS.
The Start & The Dead.
Hungry.
Taking Care.
Late For Work.
Not Fast Enough.
I Can't Do This.
Fights.
Forgivness.
Sweetheart.
The Man In The Yellow Suit.
New Boy.
The Burning Man.
Merry Little Christmas.
First World Problems.
Jealousy?
Revenge Of The Rogues I
Snart Is Smart.
I Got My Girl Back.
Future People.
Morning Love.
Time.
Figure It Out.
PROLOGUE.
NEW BOOK

Cannot Outrun.

3.9K 94 37
By sheismental

HAILEY ANDERSON.

it wasn't hard for Hailey to remember a  time where she was this connected to Oliver, for some reason after finding out that Oliver was the Arrow she wasn't as surprised as expected. It wasn't hard for her to think that Oliver will carry that type of burden.

And now she was getting the whole experience of teaming up with the arrow, suck it Barry, she thinks as she feels the air blowing on her hair, driving the same motorcycle that Oliver gave her. The only difference is that she wasn't alone, Oliver and her new friend -or what she hoped was her friend- Roy were driving beside her.

"Oliver, the riot is getting out of control. You need to hurry up."

She hears Felicity's voice in her earpiece, although it seemed as if she was only talking to Oliver.

"Catch up." Oliver says as he starts to accelerate and Roy follows quickly, Hailey smirks as she does as said.

Being in the Arrow's team was so different that being in The Flash's team. Needless to say it was much more serious.

They soon get to Starling City National Bank, Oliver manages to get on the top of a small building right besides the bank. Meaning Hailey struggled a little. That's why i needed the training.

Oliver shoots an arrow to a guy that was getting dangerously close to the bank doors and with a furious look on his face, Hailey almost gasped, but that's when she noticed that the arrow only pulled him back away from the doors.

"Get away from the bank!." Oliver yells sternly and everyone ignored him, Hailey tries to stiffle a chuckle, and she learns that it's almost impossible.

"First time you get ignored?." Hailey asks as she raise an eyebrow and Oliver shakes his head.

Roy and Oliver shoot two arrows into the crowd, gas starts to come out of the arrows.

Hailey's lip goes upwards and claps slowly.

"Not bad, Robin Hood." Hailey mocks and Oliver looks at her sternly.

"It's not all fun and games." He states. "You either take this serious or go." He says and looks at the crowd quickly dispersing. Roy lays a hand on Hailey's shoulder giving her a soft smile, poor Roy he has to deal with that bad temper.

"The teargas is dispersing them, but we can't calm the entire city, Felicity." Oliver says as he scans the bank from outside.

"The trace led me to the virus they're using. It's a mile past complex, i'm combing through now." 

The three of them wait as they heard the constant clicking keyboard.

"Haile-"

Oliver is cut off by Felicity.

"No, no, no."

"What's wrong?." He asks as he clicks his earpiece device with an obvious worried look.

"The virus, i can't stop it!."

Hailey looks at Oliver confused, wasn't Felicity the best hacker?.

"How do you know?." Oliver asks and Hailey raises her eyebrows, so it's always like this? He get's to ask the questions? Now she is starting to see the downside of superheroe team ups.

"Because it's mine. I wrote it five years ago."  Felicity sounds as atonished as the three of them.

"So what we are heading back now?." Hailey asks in disbelief and Oliver shrugs.

"Got any other ideas?." He says sarcastically.

"Any idea would be better than this. If Barry w-"

"But Barry isn't here! Okay? If you wanted to come here and make your own rules than you are wrong about this city. These situations we go through aren't games, and if you won't follow my rules then i think it's best if we break this parternship." Oliver says raising his voice as Hailey looks at him in disbelief.

"We never said we were partners." Hailey spits out harshly before she goes off. Suddenly Hailey isn't in front of them, but she is running towards her motorcycle, but they can see her since her powers are on. Once she get's in the motorcycle she drives away, not looking back.

ϟ

Back in Verdant, a knife could cut through the tension. Hailey was sitting in one of the chairs without her mask off and her hair as messy as possible. Oliver and Roy come through the door, she earns a gasp from Roy.

"The way you just disappeared was cool." He explains as he clears his throat and Hailey mutters a small 'thank you'.

Oliver looks at Felicity and she sighs.

"Ok, ok, ok. Before you say anything just know that I never imagined the virus being used for something like this." She explains and Hailey huffs, not beacuse Felicity's explanation was something to huff about. It was more of 'i want to get out of here' huff.

Because if she was honest, she would already ran off from Starling City to go to Coast City.

"I mean, sure, I could have imagined it. I actually have a very vivid imagination. Like cronuts! i had a vision before they-"

Felicity starts to babble.

"Hey. Relax, take deep breaths." He says trying to calm her down.

Felicity looks at Hailey and Hailey smiles at her reassuringly.

"Just start at the beginning." Hailey says softly and Felicity gives her a small nod.

"I was in this, I guess you could call it a group, in college. We were "hacktivists". For lack of a better word, civil disobedience via the world wide web. I created this Super virus." Felicity takes another deep breath as she looks at her computer sceen. "That could give us root access to any infected server, we could expose government fraud and start virtual sit-ins and digitally deface criminals. I guess you could say it was my first attempt at being a hero."

"Felicity, why didn't you tell me about any of this?." Oliver asks as he puts his hands on his hips.

"Do we even know a fraction of what happened to you those five years you were away?." Felicity replies sternly and Hailey nods. She had a pretty good point.

Oliver ignores the comment and walks a little further looking at the ground.

"Who else had access to the program?."

"Myron Forest." She replies almost immedieately making Hailey raise her eyebrow. "He was my-- I had a boyfriend in college, and Myron was his roomate."

"And he was a member of this hacktivists group?." Felicity nods.

Hailey raises her arm mockingly and Oliver rolls his eyes.

"Oh what about the boyfriend?." The strawberry blonde asks and Felicity's expression changed.

"He couldn't have done this, he is not in the picture." She says motioning the screen. "But Myron always had somewhat of an edge."

"Could you get me an address?." Oliver asks softer than last time and Felicity nods.

"Sure." She mutters sitting once again in the desk. "There's a small problem. Not small necessarily but--short." She says and Hailey tilts her head to see Thea walking into the night club. "Just take the alleyway entrance."

Hailey huffs and covers her face with both of her hands, sighing.

"Hey, what's up?." Roy asks as he sits closer to Hailey.

She looks at the boy and his greenish eyes only to be reminded about that boyfriend of hers.

"Boyfriend problems." She replies smiling sarcastically. "And superhero problems, and friendship problems-- just any sort of problems in general." She answers casually making Roy chuckle.

"I have dealt with a few of those."

"Poor you." Hailey says chuckling. "I just feel so overwhelmed by everything, and i came here to particularly talk to Oliver and take a break to my crazy superhero life and i messed things up." Hailey replies laying her back onto the chair, she feels Roy's eyes scanning her face.

"I feel like we have met before." He points out and Hailey chuckles.

"Maybe in another universe." She follows.

"I know how it feels, but what about that boyfriend? What's wrong with him?." Roy asks particularly interested.

"He is a superhero." You reply and his eyes go wide. "And he is also in love with his best friend, which he won't admit and that just makes this whole thing even more hard."

"Maybe he is not in love with his best friend." He shrugs. "Why do you want him to admit it if it's not true?."

Hailey thinks about the answer for a little too much.

"Because i'm the only one that notices it. And i know that someday he will notice it as well and then it will all blow up in my face. When that day comes i will have more feelings for him, and it will break my heart even more. I can't  go through that again." You answer truthfully and Roy nods understandingly.

"Why don't you give it a shot? Maybe it's not true and he is truly in love with you, but you wouldn't know that unless that pretty mind of yours stops wondering about 'what if's'." He replies making you smile. "I'm just saying."

You look at him in disbelief.

"Oliver didn't mention that you were a love expert."You say and now Roy is the one smiling.

"Because i'm not." He says and you nod.

"Thanks for that, Roy. I needed it." You say looking at him and he clicks his tongue.

"Whenever you need it!." He says.

"I found Myron!." Felicity says and both of you walk towards her.

"Am i joining?." You look up to Roy and he shrugs.

"Maybe you should let Oliver cool off, he is a little too intense." He says and you slowly nod.

"Fine, i will stay here with Fel." You say.

"Thanks, Haiz." She says holding your hand and you squeeze it.

"Whenever you need me, Fel." You say truthfully.

ϟ

Hailey sits closer to Felicity, whom is looking very concentrated as she gives directions to Roy and Oliver. Hailey has never felt more useless, she does know a lot about forensic and well she has her powers, but know it all seems useless to her.

Hailey scans the room, noticing that there's so much more space down here and how everything is well organized, someone would think that a team of vigilantes would be much more scattered. Hailey wishes she was out there, with no time to think about the life that one day she will have to return to. It was crazy enough here, and there; nothing seemed peaceful enough.

And she thought that Central City was too much right now.

"Digital fingerprints are all over this code. There's an x-axis bionumeric algorithm."

That's the only thing that Hailey hears after she snaps out of it, she looks over to Felicity that looks stressed; If Hailey was having a hard time, then Felicity must be on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Felicity sighs and grabs her keyboard in frustration.

"What happened?." Hailey asks and Felicity rubs her temples with her eyes closed.

"It wasn't Myron." Felicity plainly replies making Hailey click her tongue.

"What about that boyfri-"

"I told you, it couldn't be him." She answers sternly, making Hailey duck her face. She was clearly not needed here, and she was clearly not needed in Central City. Her mood swings was something that she couldn't bare anymore, one minute she was feeling on top of the world and the other she was feeling useless. Felicity quickly noticed the mood change of Hailey, making her sigh. "I'm sorry, Hailey. I shouldn't of said it that way, I know you only want to help but right now i'm feeling stressed." Felicity replies and Hailey slowly nods.

"I get it, don't worry about it." Hailey says. "I'm not feeling good either."

And it wasn't a lame excuse, Hailey felt truly bad. She knew something about her wasn't right and she still left Central City, a shiver comes down her spine and she starts to feel dizzy.

"I think i should head hom--home." Hailey stutters as she tries to get up from her chair and she falls down into the ground, Diggle runs up to her and Felicity kneels down to Hailey with a worried look.

"Hailey! Hailey, are you okay?." Felicity asks and as soon as Hailey hears those words she nods.

"I'm fine, just kind of dizzy." Hailey replies not giving it too much thought. Diggle takes her arm carefully and helps her get up, wrapping her arm around his neck and his arm around Hailey's waist.

"I think we should get you to a hospital." He says sternly. "Should we call Barry?."

Hailey looks up to him and quickly shakes her head.

"Don't call him-." Cough. "We are not in good terms."

Diggle and Felicity look at each other with a confused look.

"Regardless, he could come here and take you to S.T.A.R Labs, whatever is wrong i'm sure they will figure it out."

Hailey's eyes close briefly and she feels a sharp pain on her chest making her cry in pain.

"That's it i'm calling Barry!." Felicity says and grabs her phone. With the smallest amount of power, Hailey sends Felicity's phone to floor with her powers.

Diggle gasps and looks at her amazed.

"You did that." He says and Hailey tries to smile but another sharp pain makes her whine.

"What's wrong--Hailey!." Oliver comes running down the staircase being quickly followed by Roy. Oliver takes Hailey in his arms worriedly. "What happened?." He asks looking at Felicity.

"She says she feels dizzy and she fell onto the ground, i don't know what's wrong! And she threw my phone." Felicity says and Roy hands her a phone. Hailey feels too weak to use her powers.

Hailey's strawberry blonde hair falls onto her face, Oliver brushes her hair off her face only to notice that her nose is bleeding. Oliver's worry grows and he lays her body on the table.

"Did you call Barry, yet?!." He says almost yelling and Felicity nods.

"He is on his way!."

Hailey's body starts to shake, she is unconscious by now and Oliver is quick to grab her wrists and pin them to the table. Diggle does the same for her ankles and Hailey's body keeps on shaking.

and she goes off

ϟ

It was that day, the day she walked for the first time into Captain Singh's office. The weirdest thing was that she is seeing herself sitting on that chair. She was seeing herself? Hailey was sure she was hallucinating. But then again, how could that be possible?.

She walks around the officce with a frown, and all of the sudden she sees Barry come into the Police Department being rushed. But everything was different, he never walked into Captain Singhs office; meaning she didn't meet Barry that day.

Hailey moves her hand in front of herself, it was wicked. Hailey knew how this ended, she gets the job. So she runs up into the lab but there's no sign of Barry, making her sigh. She didn't meet him that day, which means that he didn't find out about her powers.

They never met.

Was this the past?.

Hailey was more than confused.

ϟ

Barry is now in the so called 'Arrow Cave' and he just wishes that the circumstances were different. But he sees the girl he loves laying in that table, uncontrollably shaking.

"Barry! We can't help her here, you need--"

Felicity starts but she doesn't get to end that sentence, Barry has already Hailey in his arms and he starts to run as fast as possible to S.T.A.R Labs.

ϟ

It was cold, outside and Hailey knew it.

Suddenly she wasn't in the Police Department, she was now in front of that car. Her dad's car.

And she was inside, and her parents were already laying in the ground. It's been so long and it still feels like a fresh wound, Hailey can't help but cry. She get's closer to her mother's face, rubbing her cheek. And she looks at her dad, all of the sudden his dad opens an eye. He is not dead.

Hailey gasps loudly, and his dad saw it. He saw her, in that moment. Wasn't she supposed to be dreaming or what was this? Hailey didn't know but she just wanted it to end.

ϟ

Barry keeps looking at Hailey's body as he runs, her body stopped shaking. He gets to S.T.A.R Labs and lays her body on the bed. Caitlin gasps and runs up to her.

And Barry stands there, he runs a hand through his now messy hair. A day, that how long she was gone and Barry was already losing her. He should of convinced her to stay, he knew something was wrong and he let her go. And now she might be gone for good.

Tears start to stream down his face as he hits the wall, hopelessly.

Caitlin keeps saying encouraging things and keeps on trying to keep Hailey's pulse on going. Her heartbeat lower, and Hailey's eyes are wide open and her body is laying stiff on the bed.

Dr.Wells is out of the room, he cannot bare it. He thought that she was a threat to his plan, maybe she wasn't the threat all along. Past itself was his biggest threat. And he knew exactly what was happening to Hailey, but he knows that if helps her, she might ruin it. He has been working too hard on he's plan, and he just wants to go home.

But so does Hailey.

Caitlin doesn't give up, and the sound of fear comes out of that machine standing besides Hailey. That sound and Cisco's sob is all that you can hear by now.

And Barry runs, and runs and runs. He cannot outrun what just happened, and he knows that.

Harrison knows that.

Caitlin knows that.

Carlos knows that.

Hailey knows that.

ϟ

so that just happened!

kill me. Comment your thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.7K 2.8K 72
ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇ|❝ɪ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ, ꜱʟᴏᴡʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ.❞ - ➼ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ; (ʏ/ɴ) ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰᴏʀᴇɴꜱɪᴄ ꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴛɪꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴄᴘᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴ...
12K 393 19
Disclaimer: I don't own flash or pictures or songs. All the facts in the story may not be exactly in point, because I don't remember how everything w...
1.4M 43.2K 75
"she was a storm not the kind you run from the kind you chase." NEW LIMITS BOOK 1 THE FLASH SEASON 1 || ARROW SEASON 3 (quote by r.h. sin)
38.9K 517 29
Barry and Kara fall in love but can they both stand by each other's sides through their fights with the bad guys?