The Fae Moon

By Skylinger

Rowan has only one chance at not Marrying Princess Galina. He must find and turn a mortal woman fae under the... More

The Fae Moon
First Meeting
What is going on?
Facing Larissa
Had to try
Memories of Rapunzel
Larissa's Intro.
Chat with a King Part 9

Fae Moon Kiss

2.9K 82 10
By Skylinger

Chapter 3

(Fae Moon Kiss)

Larissa could barely contain her excitement as the charter bus pulled up to the airport. She was going to Ireland. Of course she had no way of knowing her new friends were the reason she was going.

Violet and Nina had used magic to not only put the idea in the mythology teacher’s head, but for the university to easily agree to the student field trip.

“We’re going to Ireland! We’re going to Ireland!” Tiffany sung happily.

The two Fae women looked at each other less than excited. While the royal family would be pleased they had gotten the girl to Ireland, they knew the prince would not be happy about Tiffany and Mandy being present as well. Although Rowan could not take his Fae form in the mortal realm, he could communicate with both Fae women.

Violet and Nina had arrived on Samhain which was the only reason they could be in their Fae forms and use a glamour spell to make themselves appear human. Rowan was not in the mortal realm before the strike of midnight and was in turn confined to his animal form in the mortal world.

“Larissa!” Mandy shrieked.

Nina groaned at the blond woman’s shrieking of the future queen’s name yet again. She looked at Violet and quietly said, “I will not miss that.” Violet gave a single nod.

“Violet, Nina,” Larissa called without shrieking. The Fae women didn’t hesitate and went to the girl that would wed their prince.

The students walked through the airport and after checking in and going through customs made their way to the airplane gate.

As they sat at the gate waiting, even Larissa began to get annoyed at Mandy and Tiffany who seemed to be speaking a mile a minute and shrieking most of the time.

“Whaaaaa!” Larissa looked over to see a little girl on the ground crying. “Mommy!” the child screamed. Upon looking around and not seeing anyone, the college student got up and went over to the fallen child. “Mommy!” the child wailed again.

The blonde woman looked around but saw no sign of the little girl’s mother. Larissa bit the inside of her lip. It seemed as the child had not only fallen but also been separated from her mother.

Being a sucker for kids she immediately decided to help and carefully approached the screaming child. She kept her movements slow and non-threatening. The last thing she wanted to do was scare the child more.

She got down on her knee next to the child. The child sniffled and still cried but the screaming subsided a bit. “Looks like you hurt your knee sweetie. Can I take a look?” The girl that appeared to be about four nodded and removed her hand that had been covering her kneecap.

The knee was red and bruised but at least not bleeding. “Yeah looks like the floor needs to be punished for hurting you. Should we scold the floor for hurting such a pretty girl?” The girl’s red pigtails bobbed as she nodded with a giggle.

Larissa took her hand and lightly smacked the floor. “Bad Floor!” She scolded. The little girl laughed before suddenly lunging into the blonde woman’s arms.

“Mommy gone,” she said through tearful brown eyes.

“We’ll find your mommy. Don’t you worry,” Larissa assured the young girl. “I’m Larissa, what’s your name?”

“Kimi.”

Larissa smiled knowing Kimi was probably what her parents called her. “Is Kimi short for Kimberly?” The small girl nodded. “Do you see that desk over there? Where the two ladies in uniform are?” The redhead nodded. “Will you go with me over there so we can have them call your mom?” Again the girl nodded.

Picking the little girl up, she walked over to the desk and explained the situation. The woman immediately made an announcement and they waited, Larissa staying at the child’s side.

“She’s such a natural with kids,” Tiffany commented watching her blonde friend. “Hope the kid’s mom comes though, because Larissa won’t leave ‘til she knows that kid is back with her mom.”

“Yeah she’s protective that way,” Mandy agreed.

“Oh?” Nina said.

Mandy nodded. “Yep. A kid got lost at the zoo once and Larissa ended up spending most the day and night with her. The parents had a lot of kids and didn’t realize until they got home they were missing a little boy.”

“Why did it take them most the day and night?” Violet inquired. As a parent she would have thought they’d have immediately returned for their offspring.

“The family lived four hours from the zoo,” Tiffany explained. “They were a wreck. Everyone calmed down though once they knew the little boy was okay.”

“Kid’s mom was shocked to walk in and see their son, James I think it was, asleep in Larissa’s lap,” Mandy informed the two Fae women. “Apparently he didn’t like strangers.”

“I don’t think Larissa is a stranger to any kid,” Tiffany stated flipping a piece of red hair away from her face. “She’s going to be such a good mom some day.”

It was about ten minutes later when the students witnessed a relieved mom reunite with her daughter. The woman thanked Larissa profusely before holding her daughter close and heading to their own plane.

Larissa returned to her friends and Mandy and Tiffany began to chatter as if they’d never stopped.

“Flight 483 to Ireland now boarding,” a woman’s voice said over the speaker.

“Thank the fates,” Violet said out loud before she could stop herself. Larissa giggled as she picked up her backpack and swung it over her shoulder.

“Come on, let’s get our seats,” Larissa said still openly amused. She had no doubt her purple-haired friend wanted far away from Mandy and Tiffany’s antics.

The three girls boarded the plane not waiting for the other blonde or redhead. They found their row and each took their seats. Nina took the window with Larissa in the center seat and Violet on the isle. Violet did not mind flying normally, but was not thrilled to be in the mortal’s way of flight.

It wasn’t long and the plane took off the ground and they were soaring through the clouds.

“There’s so much to see,” Larissa said excitedly as she looked through a brochure of Ireland. “They sure have a lot of stone rings.”

“It is a place of true belief,” Violet said knowingly. “They celebrate Beltane like the sacred celebration it is.”

Larissa smiled as a thought of Rowan entered her head. Gently she touched the necklace that had stayed around her neck since Halloween night.

“Are you alright?” Nina inquired.

“Yeah. Just remembering,” she sighed. Releasing the necklace she went back to looking at the brochure in her hands.

“Thinking of your Fae prince?” Nina said making her voice sound teasing even if she wasn’t.

The blonde woman shrugged. “I haven’t seen him since that night. Silly, I’m still thinking about him. He’s probably forgotten all about me.”

“Are you so certain he hasn’t come to you?” Violet questioned.

“Yes, I haven’t seen him,” Larissa assured her.

“Well, if he’s Fae maybe you just haven’t known you’ve seen him,” Nina told her.

Larissa laughed. “Yeah right.” Suddenly feeling tired she leaned back in her chair and quickly fell asleep.

No one can say she wasn’t warned. Nina commented.

Perhaps not, but I do think she’ll be surprised. While Lady Larissa is attracted to things involving the Fae, she does not fully believe. Violet replied.

I’m not sure she doesn’t at least partially want to believe. Violet shrugged at the other Fae’s words. Whether the young woman believed or not didn’t matter. Soon enough she would have no choice but to believe.

Violet was more than happy to get off the airplane as they arrived in Ireland. Larissa and Nina had teased her whenever she jumped and it had taken effort not to reveal she was a real Fae.

“Gee, Violet, that was a good plane ride. I’d hate to see you on a bad one,” a boy named Jimmy commented as he walked past.

“I won’t be on another,” she grumbled softly.

“Planning to swim home?” Mandy asked coming up beside her. The purple-hairedwoman could have kicked herself. Being in the mortal realm had not been good for her quiet skills. Neither had spending time around Larissa’s mortal friends.

The students all claimed their bags and after spending over an hour in customs were finally boarding the bus to the hotel.

Nina and Violet were both relieved to find they would be roommates with only Larissa. Neither had thought to ensure their room placements.

Larissa entered the room and put her bag down next to the dresser. There were only two beds, but both were queen sized. There was plenty of room for two to share a bed. “I don’t mind sharing,” the blonde woman said. She walked to the window and walked outside.

Nina smiled and looked at Violet. She was still amazed by Larissa’s consideration toward others.

Neither Fae had ever witnessed the girl impolite to anyone without reason. The girl had a gentle nature but could be fierce when needed. When someone had once taunted Violet about her hair the mortal girl had quickly pointed out flaws of the taunter to him.

“I wish it wasn’t already dark. I’d love to go see something today,” the girl said disappointed.

“Tomorrow will be a long day. We should get some sleep,” Violet said knowingly.

“I know. Travel, the time difference, and tomorrow starts the festivities!”Larissa said excitedly. “Wow, Professor Hynes sure cut it close with us making it here in time.”

“But we are here and that’s all that matters,” Nina replied. “I know you’re excited but we need sleep if we’re to make it through the ceremony tomorrow.”

“Ceremony?” Larissa questioned. Nina silently cursed realizing she’d possibly alerted the girl.

“Yes, ceremony. Didn’t your brochure mention a ceremony of blessing from the Fae?” Violet said smoothly.

“I think I missed it. Alright you’re right we should get some sleep. But first I need to brush my teeth.” The girl grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste and headed into the bathroom.

The moment the door closed Violet turned toward the other Fae and placing her hands on her hips glared at her. “It seems you are getting closer and closer to revealing too much!”

“My apologies. But you are also getting closer to revealing us!” Nina reminded the other woman. “We both need to be more careful.”

“Yes,” Violet conceded letting her arms slip down to her sides. “We only have until tomorrow night and this will all be behind us.”

A few minutes later Larissa emerged and in no time was asleep in one of the beds. The two Fae women shared the other bed. They knew Larissa would not mind but she would soon be a member of the royal family. Pleased they would soon return home they drifted off to sleep.

**

It was only an hour before sunset as the college students arrived at the Beltane festival. Their college professor had said he would give extra credit to anyone that dressed up in a celebration of Beltane leading to most of the students dressing up. Larissa had brought a dark blue renaissance dress but had been surprised by her roommates with a beautiful white gown. Finding the gown to be far too beautiful to refuse the blonde woman had instantly accepted the gift from her friends. The top of the gown skirted around her shoulders barely covering them. The sleeves were long and sheer with the bottoms draping in a renaissance style to her knees. The dress was overlaid in sheer and made no mistake she was royalty. Dressed, they left the room.

“It’s so pretty,” Larissa commented looking at all the floral decorations. “I bet it took forever to put this together.”

“It will be well worth it to receive the blessing of the Fae,” a local woman said as she adjusted a ribbon near where she stood.

“Blessing of the Fae?” Larissa inquired.

“Why of course. The Fae can be tricky but a blessing from them brings great fortune to the recipient,” the dark haired woman told her.

“You truly believe they will come?” the blonde woman said critically.

“They are already amongst us. It is their choice whether they will bless us at the end of the night,” she replied. Larissa took a glance around and then shrugged. “You do not see what is right in front of you.” With that the woman walked away.

“Wouldn’t we know if there were actual Fae here?” Larissa said with a sigh. “I think they may take their belief a little too far.” The twoFae women exchanged a look but neither commented.

Nina and Violet continued to follow as Larissa explored the different booths at the festival. Soon the sun had begun to set.

“It’s time,” Violet said feeling the arrival of not only the prince but the king and queen and several others. “Come, Larissa. It’s time for the ceremony.”

Larissa was surprised to see so many people dressed up as they approached the bonfire. The young woman watched in awe as the fires were lit, dancers danced, and the village paid homage to the Fae. She smiled as fireflies filled the night air.

It wasn’t until one flew towards her that she realized it wasn’t a firefly as it suddenly glowed blue. “Nin...” she stopped, not seeing either of her friends. Looking back, she saw something flash behind some trees. It was then the glowing blue insect flew toward her.

Larissa gasped as she saw a tiny face smile at her mischievously. It was then she realized it wasn’t an insect. It was a tiny fairy. Closing her eyes she shook her head. The blonde woman knew she could not be seeing what she thought she had. Slowly, she opened her eyes to see the fairy still smiling at her. It gave her a wave to follow and headed for the trees.

Larissa looked at the crowd and tried to ignore it for a moment but couldn’t. Her curiosity was too piqued. She scanned the crowd for her friends but was unable to locate a fellow schoolmate at all.

Slowly, she backed away from the crowd and headed toward the trees where the fairy had gone. Cautiously, she approached the trees. The fairy led her to a small path and the young woman followed. Before long she was surrounded by almost complete darkness. The sun had almost completely set but there were still rays of dark purple, orange, and red in the sky. As she walked she could see something glowing up ahead.

Larissa walked down the path for what seemed like a while before the trees opened to a hidden small clearing. There the fairy flew away toward where other fairies were waiting in a circle. She couldn’t help but smile as she saw at least a hundred small fairies waiting in a circle.

The blue glowing fairy joined her friends and the human watched as the fairies began to dance. They seemed to do air acrobatics at times but others still danced gracefully. They danced for a while and then the circle seemed to make a small opening. A gold glowing fairy motioned to Larissa to enter.

The blonde woman felt honored and entered the circle. The fairy smiled at her and the fairies began to dance all around the girl. A song she could not hear before filled the area and before Larissa even realized it she began to dance with the fairies.

Larissa became so enthralled with the music and the dancing she did not even notice the fairies enlarge the circle. Nor did she notice the falcon that had entered and suddenly transformed into the Fae prince she had met months ago.

Rowan smiled at the human dancing before him. He knew she was under the thrall of the meadow fairies but was pleased. It was only a few moments before Larissa turned and suddenly stopped, seeing him there.

“Rowan,” she said in disbelief.

The prince approached the young woman without hesitation. “One should never stop dancing before the fairies,” he told her and began leading her in a dance.

Larissa let him lead her. She felt an excitement she had never felt before. A thrill she didn’t know could ever exist. He spun her and waltzed with her for a few moments under the sky. Feeling the sudden change of magic in the air the prince knew it was time. One kiss and she would be his for all time.

“Rowan?” she said as they stopped dancing.

He smiled at her and gently rubbed a hand over her left cheek. “Will you allow me to kiss you?” She nodded. “A kiss freely given,” he said huskily. Before there was any chance for either to change their mind he kissed her. Not a light or chaste kiss.

The prince kissed her with a passion Larissa had never known. She felt his tongue on her bottom lip and opened for him. The kiss became deepened and Larissa suddenly felt weak before falling into unconsciousness.

“Mine,” Rowan said looking down at the now unconscious girl. Gently, he picked her up bridal style and watched as she began to glow purple and the transformation was completed.

“Congratulations, my son,” the queen said pleased, making her presence known.

“Thank you.” He looked to see Violet and Nina no longer in human disguises. “You did well ladies. I thank you.”

“It was our pleasure, highness. She will make a wonderful princess and future queen,” Nina replied.

“As well as an amazing mother,” Violet commented. “She’s very good with children.”

“It’s time to take your bride home,” the king announced. By a wave of his hand they disappeared from the mortal realm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 16K 43
Published on 11/1/23 Nine, a special force soldier whose only purpose was to serve the Imperial Army, died and transmigrated into the body of Toby Ca...
298K 8.7K 42
I am insufficient. Well, that's not my name obviously, but that's what my family has decided I am. I'm Julie. I'm 14, about to be 15 years old. I ha...
281K 14.1K 43
Ruby King is your average young woman who is starting to attend college full time. Everything is going great until she notices that there seems to be...
840K 29.2K 104
When Grace returns home from college, it doesn't go like she thought it would. With her past still haunting her everyday choices, she discovers a sid...