Spiritual Ascend (Book 1 of t...

By _allyondra_

Leah Sparks thought her life was just normal. That is, until she finds out the reason why she was beginning t... More

1.) Spiritual Ascend
2.) Spiritual Ascend
3.) Spiritual Ascend
4.) Spiritual Ascend
5.) Spiritual Ascend
6.) Spiritual Ascend
7.) Spiritual Ascend
8.) Spiritual Ascend
9.) Spiritual Ascend
10.) Spiritual Ascend
11.) Spiritual Ascend
12.) Spiritual Ascend
13.) Spiritual Ascend
14.) Spiritual Ascend
16.) Spiritual Ascend
17.) Spiritual Ascend
18.) Spiritual Ascend
19.) Spiritual Ascend
20.) Spiritual Ascend
21.) Spiritual Ascend
22.) Spiritual Ascend

15.) Spiritual Ascend

306 14 22
By _allyondra_

Dedicated to SaiPadul, my cousin. Go check out her stories when she posts one :D

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen:

I turned and saw a black-haired boy with warm grey eyes. He was smiling at me but I slightly frowned at the use of my full name. No one knew my full name except for a handful of people--five of them being my best friends, Nate, his mom, and my mom.

"You don't remember me, do you?" The boy said, cocking his head slightly. "Let me refresh your memory. Two summers ago at Art Camp? Is that little info enough to jog your memory?"

Then it clicked. "No way?! Zachary Mark Levine?" He smiled and nodded. I ran and jumped on him, placing my arms around his neck. I brought him close to me before letting go. "Oh my God! It's been such a long time!"

"Yep! Sure has!" Zach said, beaming brightly at me now that I had finally recognized him. "So, how are you now? You change so much since the last time I saw you."

"Yeah, I know. I had braces back then but now it's removed so that means I can eat all the food I want and no one's stopping me!" I finished it off with a little squeal. Zach just shook his head at me. I ran my eyes up and down his (smoking hot) body. Wow, I never knew two years could change everything about him.

"What about you? How did two freaking years change you from scrawny boy to buff macho guy?" I asked with an incredulous look.

He just shrugged. "I don't know. It just sort of happened over night."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. That was such a lie. Obviously he was working out...I mean look at the size of those biceps. Those were twice the size of his arms two years ago. Then I felt Victor's presence come closer until he was by my side. Sparks flew instantly.

Zach looked at him for a moment, realization striking him instantly. "Ah, this must be Victor Jones, your best friend," He winked at me before holding out his hands in a formal way to Victor. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Zach, I'm Tori's friend from Art Camp. She's told me a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope," Victor said, shaking his hand.

"Trust me. All of them were good." He gave me a quick glance before looking behind me. "Well, it's best that I better get going. Your friends are waiting for you guys and I know you’re busy. Tor, we need to catch up-fast. I'm leaving in a few days...so how does Saturday afternoon sound?"

I nodded. "Meet me at the park entrance-the one where the bronze sign is," I quickly added.

"'Kay. Bye, Tor. See you on Saturday!" He turned and was soon lost in the crowd of the movie watchers.

I sighed but had a small smile on my lips. Oh, Zach, how I miss you so much. I turned and saw that Victor had moved a little behind. I rolled my eyes at how poorly concealed his jealousy was-though what he was jealous about was a big mystery to me. But I decided to tease him anyway.

"C'mon, doofus. Stop worrying, he isn't taking your place anytime soon. You'll always be my favorite."

He cracked a little smile. We both headed our way back to the people standing in a little crowd near the counter. They were all giving us curious stares and wondering who Zach was.

"Who was that hottie?" Julie whispered as she came to my side. Victor had dropped away, giving the girls some space to crowd over me.

"Yeah and how did you guys know each other?" Sophie seconded from my other side.

"Well, he's name is Zach and we both met at Art Camp two summers ago. He and I were the always the top of every entry, thus making us rivals in someone else's eyes. But in truth, we were very close.

"He would invite me to watch the sunrise and sunsets with him-to get more inspiration or something. He was really good; he was always the best in class. And he was a really good friend." I smiled as I remembered the very first sunset with him. It made me think of painting a picture of a boy and girl acting so lovey-dovey as they sat on the beach and watch the setting sun. I won a blue ribbon with that.

"Where was this Art Camp you guys met?" Julie asked. But then she tripped on someone's bag, stubbing her toe on the cement at the same time. "Shit." She muttered under her breath.

I laughed before answering her. "In this place called Woodridge, North Carolina."

Julie's eyes bulged momentarily. She glanced at Sophie but looked back to me so quickly that I thought I just imagined it. Something's up with her.

"Care to share the info?" Simon asked.

Julie nudged me. I didn't want to repeat myself all the time so I just gave them a summary. "Now that you all know that it was a long time ago, can we please get on with the ticket buying?"

"Way ahead of you, redhead," Michael said with a smirk, holding eight tickets. They were tickets to this movie called 'Three Idiots'. I laughed. "What?" He asked, now frowning slightly.

"Uh, just nothing. The title's so weird."

"Well, we better get moving. The show's starting in ten minutes. Come on!"

We ran towards the cinema entrance because time was slipping fast and the theatre was on the other side of the building. Very handy right? People were crowding over the entrance, slowing us down. We were able to make it there with only four more minutes to spare.

Just as Michael and Cody were handing in the tickets to the usherette, I saw two particular people together. My eyes bulged for a moment before I noticed their auras merging together to form beautiful shades of pink and red with just the hint of blue around the edges.

I nudged Victor beside me. I pointedly looked at the direction I wanted him to look. He looked and then did a double-take.

"Wait, is that really..." He didn't need to continue because I was already nodding. He furrowed his brows for a moment before turning back to them. He had the same expression as me before turning it to a warm and happy smile. Then a semi-disgusted look crossed his face, making his jaw drop.

"What?" I asked,

"D-d-did you just see that?" He stuttered before placing his hand over his mouth to stifle the laugh that was about to come out.

"If I did then I wouldn't be asking, now would I?” I rolled my eyes before turning to face Leah and Nate who were still acting like a couple. Yech… “What happened though?”

“Nate was just about to feed Leah some popcorn.”

“No effin’ way!” I looked back at them only to see both of them chuckling. “Damn. I wanted to see that.”

There was one part of me saying: Ew, okay maybe seeing Nate and Leah acting all so couple-y was not such a good thing after all. They were both doing goo-goo eyes at each other without even realizing it. They were acting all so lovey-dovey and it was gross-ish.

The other part thought: What a cute pair! They were totally made for each other. I wonder how Victor and I would look if we acted like them…maybe not as cute them….

Bad brain, bad! Don’t think of that stuff; it disrupts the grade.

As if your grades could get any better…

Hey! No insulting. We’re just one person here.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean I have to be dumb as well. Someone has to be the smarter part of the brain.

Great…now I’m listening in while the two parts of my brain argue with each other. That’s just plain weird. Ugh!

“Will you shut up already?!” I said in frustration.

I hadn’t noticed I said it out loud until Victor gave me a puzzled look. “I didn’t say anything, Tor. You must be hallucinating.”

Before I could reply, a voice spoke from the cinema doorway. “Yo, lovebirds! You coming in or what?”

We turned to see the others suddenly cracking up—it must be because of our identical masks of horror. Simon spoke up and I knew he was the one who shouted at us a minute ago. “Wow, I never knew you guys could be so easy to fool.”

I scowled at him while rolling my eyes. I grabbed Victor’s arm and began dragging him back to our little group who were already filing inside. An idea came to my mind as I sneaked a peek at the couple in the lines. “I have an idea,” I whispered to Victor as we plunged into the semi-darkness of the movie house. “Wanna play spy again?”

He smirked back, knowing exactly what I meant. “Game on.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe I'm uploading today!!! This is the first time I made the upload in three days. xD Well....This part was a continuation to last chapter but I decided to break it off...So...here's chapter fifteen...hope you guys like it.

If you're disappointed....then I'm sorry but I did say I would take a break from Leah and Nate's little life. I wanted to explore Tori's life as well...so I'm very sorry for the POV switches.

Anyway, please Vote, Comment, and maybe even Fan? I don't know but I really wanna know if you guys like my story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 182 31
“Making friends is hard, falling in love is harder but falling in love with two wrong persons is astonishing easy. Still I would have preferred my li...
408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
36.4K 1.2K 22
Delaney likes to keep to herself and she has a good reason to. Her family isn't exactly normal, they're not even human. They're witches. No, they're...
713K 7.2K 35
A girl who grew up in a military base with her parents, ends up having to live with her grandparents and her cousin, to have a normal life. However...