VALERIE

Av xxmils

He speaks as if he knows everything, he trips over his own tongue like the intelligent person he is. The ling... Mer

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
Seventy One
Seventy Two
Seventy Three
Seventy Four
Seventy Five
Seventy Six
Seventy Seven
Seventy Eight
Seventy Nine
Eighty
Eighty One
Eighty Two
Eighty Three
Eighty Four
Eighty Five
Eighty Six
Eighty Seven
Eighty Eight
Eighty Nine
Ninety
Ninety One
Ninety Two
Ninety Three
Ninety Four
Ninety Five
Ninety Six
Ninety Seven
Ninety Eight (Epilogue)
Questions + Answers / Author Note

Sixty

6.5K 291 132
Av xxmils

Everything was white.

From the large pale walls, to the pristine champagne inside the clear glasses.

The young rich socialites and aristocrats who were mingling with one another were all dressed in white too, all of them socializing with eachother stumbling over the white colored furniture that surrounded them.

Vanessa sighed in dissatisfaction when Nick took another drink from his matte black flask, it matched the fitted all black suit he had on but it contrasted with everything else making him the outsider at the so called party they were attending.

The couple was seated beside eachother in the center of the room at their own table. Vanessa was dressed in a beautiful but simple white Anna Wintour off shoulder dress that stopped right above the knees, it went lovely along side her olive colored skin tone that had a natural glow to it.

"You can stop drinking now." Vanessa glowered over at the half intoxicated idiot beside her.

Nick scoffed.

"You said you were going to be on your best behavior tonight."

He smirked ominously before letting himself slump back in his upholstered chair, "Obviously I lied." His thick voice flowing through the breeze.

Vanessa looked away from him, her brown almond shaped eyes began to scan the room and they lit up when they landed on her step sister Stephanie who was motioning her to come over.

Nick was also scanning the crowd, he moved his top lip in disgust while staring at all the superficial rich kids in front of him. He hated the fact that Vanessa was deeply embedded into this pretentious world. Around him she was the free spirited and sweet Vanessa he loved but around her friends and family she became the stuck up priss he could barely tolerate. Sometimes he didn't know what was an act and what was real.

And at this point he was convinced she would never give up this world for him.

"Nick, let's go with Stephanie?" Vanessa broke into his thoughts with her sudden question,

Taking another drink from his flask he shook his head, "Nope." He said simply while also popping the p.

"You promised you weren't going to be a dick." She whispered low enough for only him to hear.

Nick shrugged a shoulder and continued scanning the crowd. His gray gaze halted abruptly when he noticed those pair of mulitcolored glistening eyes.

She was grinning profusely at the young woman she was speaking too, Nick didn't break his gaze off of her, he could feel himself breathing a bit more eradicated when she threw her head back and laughed.

"You promised me weeks ago Nick, I don't know what is going on with you lately." Vanessa once more interuppted, Nick looked away from Valerie and instead picked up his flask again.

"Stop it." Vanessa said almost on the verge of tears from all the anger he was causing.

"Let's just go home." He urged but she wouldn't budge, "No, I came here to support my friends."

"I don't feel good."

"Because you're drinking way too much. You haven't drunk this much since I met you. What's going on?"

Gripping onto the flask tighter, he raised it to his lips, a devilish smile came into play whilst he cocked his head a bit before taking a long drink, the harsh taste of the Whiskey infiltrating and quenching his thirst.

Vanessa's eye twitched with anger, she was so livid she was going to explode.

"You know what?" She hissed underneath her breath, "You can go. And I'll stay."

He glared at her, raising an eyebrow he shrugged both of his shoulders slowly.

"Do whatever the fuck makes you happy."

"You're such a fucking di-"

Nick slammed his open hand on the table and jeered, "Fuck off!" He shouted loud enough for everyone to hear over the conversations between people and the smooth jazz playing lowly in the background.

Everyone watched the couple doe eyed all of them afraid of the tall drunk outsider who was collecting his black suit jacket from the back of the chair he was seated on.

Vanessa's face turned red. She was more than embarrassed at his barbaric behavior, he had promised her weeks ago he'd come to this social event and be on his best behavior for her. She didn't know why he was acting like such a prick and at this point she just stopped wondering.

With swift movements Nick managed to push through the crowd, "Cunts." He muttered before going out through the front entrance of the hall.

Stepping outside, the cool wind hit his face in such a relaxing way that he could feel himself breathing without any type of restrictions.

"-But I need to go home now, I can't be here any longer."

Nick cocked his head to see Valerie's back facing him, she was on her cellphone staring at the field in front of her, "I can't wait that long it's cold and I refuse to go back inside with those idiots."

Nick placed both hands inside the front pockets of his onxy slacks and stood up straight, just keeping a close watch on her rapid movements.

"I'll just Uber home then, I don't know. Bye."

She hung up her phone and slid it into the clutch she had in her other hand, letting out a groan of frustration she took in a deep breath and turned around. She almost fell over when she noticed Nick standing there with his keys being held up in his hands and a smirk on his face.

//

"You sure you're okay to drive?" Valerie asked as she was buckling the seat belt to secure herself.

Nick shook his head and took the last drink from the flask before tossing it onto the back seat, "Do you think I care?"

Valerie didn't reply but instead gave him an incredulous look.

He chuckled deeply before turning the keys into the ignition of his Challenger and then peeling out of the parking spot.

Valerie wanted to say something but bit her tongue, he didn't look like he wanted to be chastised and she was in no position to scold him.

Instead she sat back and just stared out Jer window at the dark foggy road they were driving down on, with mainstream hip hop playing lowly in the background.

The atmosphere between them was heavy enough that the tension they shared could be cut in the center with a knife.

They stayed in silence for about 30 seconds before Nick decided to make light casual conversation, "So um, how are you?" He timidly asked after clearing his throat,

"I'm doing better. I've been doing better, and um," She placed a piece of her stray brown hair behind her ear, "And you?"

"Way better, finished school, got a job at a tattoo parlor-"

"And you have your girlfriend." Valerie interjected suddenly, Nick smiled, "Yeah and Vanessa. She's great."

"She seems great, and she's pretty."

"Yeah she is, she's the reason why I was here tonight, and the reason I left."

"Yeah, I can tell by your black suit that you weren't told it was a White Party."

"White Party?" He repeated in confusion,

"Yeah, it's where everyone dresses in white and all the decorations are white."

Nick rolled his eyes while a smirk crept onto his face as he went looking over at her while only one hand gripped the top of the steering wheel, "Black is my favorite color."

Valerie parted her lips to speak but instead she turned her back around to look out the window again, she felt strange and out of place. Here she was sitting in the passenger side of her ex-boyfriend's car. The ex-boyfriend she still cared about.

"So no college?" He asked her, startled she shook her head and looked down at her thighs where she began to fidget with her hands, "Uh no I wish but my mom says rich girls don't need college."

Nick frowned, "Your mom? I thought she wasn't in the picture anymore."

"No she is. And still is." She said slowly and sadly,

"Is she the one who sent you to that party tonight?" He questioned glancing over at Valerie who was avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah even though socializing with those types of people isn't my thing."

Nick threw back his head and laughed, "Their all fucking cunts."

Valerie giggled, sending chills down Nick's spine as his laughter subsided, suddenly he felt inexplicably sad.

And he didn't know why.

"They really are Nick you don't even know the half of it." She continued remembering many childhood experiences with rich kids.

Nick cleared his throat before speaking, "You're kind of a cunt sometimes too."

"I've changed." She retaliated quickly.

"Sure you have." He teased,

"Whatever believe what you want." She hissed leaning herself against the car door.

Once again the car was full of silence and tension between the two, so many things rushing through their brain, so many unsaid feelings waiting to be said.

Nick licked his bottom lip and glanced her way, "Why didn't you write back?"

"Huh?" She said facing him, his eyes shifted back to the empty road.

"I wrote you all the time in that hospital and you never, ever, wrote back not even once you never even called."

Valerie's eyebrows furrowed in disbelief, "I never got a letter from you because soon after I left I called and you decided to skip town and go god knows where Nick, so don't you fucking start."

"The fucking point is you never returned a fucking letter!" He shouted as he drove into the side of the road and pressed the breaks hard to make the car stop, Valerie lunged forward but the seat belt stopped her from hitting the glove compartment.

She opened her mouth in disbelief, "You left!"

"Why didn't you fucking answer me!?" He yelled just wanting a reply as he took the keys out from the ignition.

"I couldn't answer you because I wasn't staying at the mental clinic in New York, I was staying at an institution in Maine!"

He smacked the horn causing the car to honk loudly, "Fucking shit!"

"And then I called Mia after I had got settled in to tell you but she said you left, she didn't tell me where she just said you left." Valerie explained carefully.

Nick ran a hand through his hair. Valerie knew what that meant and it meant he was frustrated.

Turning the keys back in the ignition he shook his head, "Less than an hour together and we're fighting."

Valerie smiled, "Some stuff just never changes." Her voice dripped with sarcasm.

//

After a silent ride to Valerie's house they finally arrived, "Surprised you didn't forget where I lived."

Nick shook his head as he watched her open the car door and climb out, "Meeko likes to run away and sit on your lawn sometimes, I always find him here when he manages to get out."

Valerie's eyes lit up at raw mention of her old dog, "Meeko? You still have him."

He nodded, "You should come over and say hi to him, he misses you still."

Valerie smiled, "Or maybe you can bring him here?"

"Yeah, I wanna talk to you again."

"How come?" She questioned,

He shrugged a shoulder, "I want to work it out and be friends. I still love you but in a friend way, not the way I love Vanessa."

And with that Valerie felt her heart shatter into million of micro pieces. Using all of her strength to prevent herself from crying in front of him she managed to nod slightly, "Sure." She said quickly and confidently before he could hear her voice quivering.

Shutting the door to his car she quickly walked inside of her house, shut the door and then broke.

** vote, comment
Not edited either lol **

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

7.6K 277 30
Austyn Bennett has experienced more trauma than any 25 year old should. She is fighting and losing against her PTSD and reckless behavior. She has no...
1.3M 27.4K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
27.1K 1.3K 36
TW: this book may contain mentions of violence and of suicide. DISCLAIMER #1: I wrote this story when I was a teen and while some mental disorders a...