Time Turning

By fandom_twin_2

I am Rachel Elizabeth Longbottom. I'm the younger daughter of Neville Longbottom and Hannah Abbott. Carly is... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

327 4 1
By fandom_twin_2

Merlin, that tasted horrible. James winced. Everyone else looked sympathetic. I gulped the candy - if you could even call it that - and threw the bag at James, who swiftly caught it.

"Haarryy." I sang.

"Umm... Dare?" He said. James smiled and shook his head at his dad.

I grinned evilly.

"I dare you to let us girls dress you up as a girl how we want and you have to keep it on for the rest of the game." Harry's jaw dropped open.

"The rest of the game?!"

"Yup. Want a candy?"

"No. Those look horrible. I'll do it." I smiled.

"Well, come on then!" All of us girls dragged Harry upstairs to our dorm. I began thinking of ideas while the other girls got out make up and jewelry and clothes and such. We sat him in a chair and began working on him.

James's POV

"Gee, James. You sure did look worried about Rachel when she had to eat that candy." Fred teased.

"It was against her will." I shrugged.

"I say you like her."

"No!" I felt myself starting to blush.

"Sure."

"I don't."

"Bro," Al said. "We all can see it. You like her. A lot. It's kinda obvious."

"Plus that other thing." Scorp said.

"What?" I was lost.

"Merlin, you're so oblivious!" Louis said.

"She likes you back!" All the boys said together.

"I've only known her for a couple hours and I even see it!" Neville exclaimed.

What? Okay, yeah I like her. A lot. Heck, I might even love her. What can I say? She's beautiful, funny, friendly, amazing, and she gets a childish stage a lot, which is adorable. But she can't love an idiot like me, can she? I'm just a pathetic loser. I've played too many girls to count. I regret all of those decisions. Somehow I thought that was cool. It's just stupid and selfish. To lure a girl in and break her heart is just terrible. I shouldn't have done that.

"Bro, you have to ask her out." Fred said.

"I know."

Rachel POV

The girls had brought so many dresses to choose from! There were pink dresses and blue dresses and- well, you get it. We made him try on dress after dress but nothing would fit him!

"Wait! We could make one from magic!" I suggested. The other girls nodded at my idea so I did it. It was glittery on the top and pink on the bottom. It stopped at the knees so you could see every hair on his legs. It was pretty gross.

We burst out laughing. He turned around and faced himself in the mirror.

"I hate you, Rachel."

"Love you too. Now twirl for me." I said.

He twirled and the dress came up, exposing his thighs and underwear.

"Are we done yet?" He whined.

"No!" All us girls said together.

"You need necklaces," Rose started, stepping closer to him.

"And heels," Roxy did the same,

"And bracelets," Dom stepped closer, too.

"And make up, too!" My hand shot up in the air and I jumped up and down.

"That's what Mione does when she wants to get called on." Harry stated.

"Haha. Ladies... Attack." I helped Roxy choose a pair of high heels. They were like the top of Harry's dress. They were two and a half inches tall and on a very skinny peg. We put those on him. We won't make him stand up now. Rose, Lucy, and Dom worked on choosing jewelry while the rest of them worked on his makeup. Since I know just about nothing about makeup, I decided to give Harry temporary hair extensions. I waved my wand and his hair was down to his waist. I brushed and braided it Katniss style.

When I was done with the hair, the girls were just finishing makeup. They had purposely overdone it and caked it on. It was hilarious. He had so much eye shadow on! They filled in his eyebrows and put thick mascara on him. I'm sure he hated it. We spun him around to the mirror. As he was studying himself with a disgusted face, he didn't notice that we were taking out cameras.

"Harry! Smile!" He spun around. Once he looked at us, we snapped the picture. He turned away from the camera as soon as he realized what was happening.

"Come on, let's go downstairs." I sighed.

"Ooh! Maybe we could do a fashion runway thing!!" Roxy exclaimed.

"Ooh! Yeah! I'll go down there and introduce him. I'll give you a signal when I'm ready." I said and bounced down the stairs to the common room. I stopped when I heard voices.

"Bro, you have to ask her out." That was Fred.

"I know." That was James.

I felt my heart shatter a bit. If I have to see James snogging one more girl, I don't know what I'd do. There's no way that it's me that they're talking about. I'm just... well... me. I felt tears form in my eyes and sat down on the step. I put my face in my hands.

No, I thought. You are Rachel Longbottom. You will not cry over a guy. You are stronger than that. Game face.

I picked myself up, wiped away the tears, and plastered a fake smile across my face. I stepped down off the bottom step and cleared my throat to get the boys' attention. They turned their heads my way.

"Introducing... Harriettta Potter!!" I gave Roxy a signal and then did jazz hands. Their gaze went up the staircase to where Harry was walking down, surrounded by the girls, who were all trying to teach him how to walk in heels. I watched as Harry twisted his ankles over... and over.

The boys were howling with laughter by now. They held their stomachs as they rolled around on the floor.

"Shh!!" Rose scolded.

"There's people who are sleeping!" Roxy joined in.

The boys' laughter died down a bit.

"Thank you." I said. We sat down. Harry took his piece of candy.

"Ya know, Harry, I would actually consider dating you if your face was more feminine." Ron said. Hermione slapped him on the arm.

"Ow." He rubbed the spot where she hit him.

"Awwww!!" Rose, Roxy, Ginny, Dom, and I chorused. They both turned scarlet red.

"Shut up." Ron growled. We held up our hands innocently.

"Hey, it's true." I said. They just glared at me.

"Ok, whatever." Harry said. "Lily, Truth or Dare?"

"Dare." She answered without hesitating.

"Hmm... I dare you to prank McGonagall."

"Minnie!? How?"

"Change her breakfast to cat food."

I raised my eyebrows. "Okay, why didn't we think of that?" I asked the golden marauders. They shrugged.

"Deal." Lily said, taking her piece of candy. "Scorp. Truth or Dare."

"Truth." He took a drop of potion.

"How long have you liked Rose?"

Both he and Rose blushed. "Umm... Since the beginning of 2nd year. We had most of our classes together and.. Yeah." Scorp took his candy.

"Awwww!!" Roxy and I chorused. Rose slapped my shoulder.

"Okay! Okay! Fine! But seriously, you guys are adorable together." I said.

"Well, duh." Roxy said.

"Ok, ok! I get it!" Scorp said. "Al, truth or dare."

"Umm.. Truth." He took a drop of truth potion.

"Do you have a crush on anyone? If so, who?"

"Yes," I knew these words from him were unwanted. "The American muggle popstar, Taylor Swift." He got his candy.

"Ooh! Swifty?" I teased. I turned to whisper in Roxy's ear.

"I'm so buying him backstage passes and tickets for her concert for his birthday." She giggled.

"Yeah, yeah. Roxy, truth or dare?" Al said.

She gave him the are-you-kidding-me face.

"Is that even a question?"

"Umm... I'll take that as a dare, then."

She gave him the duh face this time.

"At lunch tomorrow, I dare you to scream, "THE SKY IS FALLING" and hide under a table, and then after a few minutes, get out and say, "oh, false alarm, it was just a chicken." I snickered. "Don't judge me I'm tired!" He defended.

"Okay. Deal." Roxy shook hands with Al and took her candy. "Yo, Freddie!" Fred was staring off into space.

"Huh?"

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to ask her out when we get back to our time." Her? Who is this 'her'? Freddie blushed.

"Aww.. Does ickle Freddie have a crush?" I teased. He blushed harder.

"He does!" James exclaimed. Then he spoke to Fred. "Why did you tell her and not me?" He gestured to Roxy.

"Well one: If you haven't noticed,we're twins. And two: I didn't tell her! She figured it out!" Fred exclaimed in his defense. Roxy smiled innocently.

"Fine. I'll ask her out." Fred sighed and ate his candy. "Soo.. James-"

"Truth because I don't trust the smirk on your face." He took some potion.

"Ugh. Do you like anyone?"

"Yes." My heart shattered. If it could shatter anymore. Seeing James holding another girl's hand would make me have to walk away. I would cry in my dorm later. The other girls wouldn't understand so they would go get Carly. She always came in and immediately know why I'm crying. She would comfort me. We're close.

If I ever saw James snogging another girl, I would break down. I wouldn't eat for the next few days. I couldn't get what about me wasn't good enough. Some of those girls were just plain idiots. Carly would have to get me to eat so I don't starve. I don't think James ever noticed. Too busy moving on to another fake relationship, I guess.

"Who?" Fred said. No, it's too late, that was question number two. That's one over the normal. Besides, the potion probably already wore off.

"Sorry." James said. "Only one question." He took his candy.

"Ugh. Fine." Fred rolled his eyes.

James looked around the room. "Who hasn't gone?"

Lucy, Carly, Dom, Louis, Rose, Hugo, Ron, Mione, Dad, Lysander, Lorcan, and Seamus raised their hands.

"Woah. Ok. Umm.. Lysander. Truth or Dare?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to end this game."

"Ok. Game over. I was getting bored."
We nodded. That was true. Lysander took his candy. I looked at the clock.

"Shoot, it's 2 and we have classes tomorrow!" I stood up with the others. James grabbed my ankle.

"What?" He motioned for me to come down to his level.

"Meet me back here when everyone else is asleep. I have something to tell you." He whispered in my ear. I nodded and headed upstairs.

• • • • •

(A/n) the next chapter will be better. I promise. 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 5.9K 15
When James Sirius Potter and his cousin Freddy Weasley get bored one night and break in to Harry's study, they find a peculiar gold necklace. How wil...
92.9K 2.6K 60
Diana Potter, though a year younger, had the best bond with her brother James. They where best friends. And I'm saying 'where' because the oldest of...
29.6K 691 13
James Severus Potter, the mischief maker, totally like his grandfather along with his friends and siblings messes with Rose Granger Weasly's time tur...
324K 7.6K 15
James Sirius Potter knew he was not supposed to be in his Dad's study, but when James gets curious nothing can stop him. Well, nothing except his ann...