Against All Odds

By Dijah_Love

THE NEW GENERATION IS FINALLY HERE: Aliyah Alsina, daughter of the once infamous August Alsina. At eighteen y... More

FULL CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 (PART 1)
Chapter 32 (PART 2)
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73 (PART 1)
Chapter 74 (PART 2)
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Description
Against All Odds INTRO
Chapter 56

Chapter 82

45.1K 1.9K 2.2K
By Dijah_Love

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Are you nervous?" I looked over at Marcus, as the elevator took us to to Will's new floor. "Kinda....aren't you?" He asked, looking over at me.

"Yeah, Im more anxious than nervous though, I just wanna know how he's doing already." The elevator dinged, and the doors opened for us to get off.

We stepped off at the same time, looking around at the nurses and doctor's on this floor. "There's Ms.Biggins." Marcus said, motioning with his head.

I took a deep breath once I spotted Will's mom sitting on a bench. "Come on."

We walked down the hallway, until we reached the bench she was sitting on. ".....Morning Ms.B." Marcus said, speaking up.

She quickly looked up at us, slightly smiling. "Goodmorning baby." She stood up from her seat, patting her face dry as if she had been crying earlier.

"Um, Brittany and Chris went down to the cafeteria to get something to eat....Will's docotor should be coming out in a minute to give me a official update...I can call you two when he does."

Marcus shook his head. "Nah, that's okay, we'll stay with you." I put a small smile on my face, nodding my head in agreement. "Yeah....we'll stay Ms.Biggins."

She looked over at me and slighty smiled. "You're a friend of Will's? Through all the commotion last night, I never got to ask."

I nodded. "Yes....I'm Aliyah....Marcus' girlfriend."

Her slight smile turned into a half smile. "Oh, I see, okay, well thank you so much for being here for William."

"No problem."

"Are you the family of William Biggins?" We all turned our attention to the door, to see a man in a white coat, come out of Will's room.

"I'm his mother." Will's mama said, standing up straight. She wiped her face again, taking a deep breath.

"Dr.Michaels." The man said, extending his hand out. She quickly shook his hand.

"How's my baby? Is he okay??"

He looked over at me and Marcus, before turning back to her. "Is it okay for me to divulge this information infront of everyone?"

Ms.Biggins looked over at us, before turning to the doctor. "These are his friends, they're okay, I just wanna know how my babys doing."

I took a deep breath and slightly jumped once I felt a hand on my shoulder. I quickly looked over to see Brittany standing beside me, and Chris standing beside Marcus. I was so into the doctor finally being here, that I didn't even see them come up.

"Well." Dr.Michaels started. "Your son suffered from two shots to the abdomen, we just spent the majority of the night and morning getting all the bullet fragments out of him."

We all were silent, letting the Doctor continue. "Thank god he got to us when he did, he lost alot of blood on the way here, and even though he's in a stable now....his condition isn't the best."

"What does that mean??" Ms.Biggins asked, frowning.

"Like I said before, your son lost alot of blood prior to getting here, he lost so much to the point where...he's currently in a coma."

Will's mama stood there silent, staring the doctor in the face.

Brittany placed her hand over her mouth, starting to sob again, but I pulled her closer to me, trying to calm her down.

"...H-how long will be in a coma?? When is he gunna wake up??" The doctor sighed. "It's hard to say ma'am, everyone's different, most coma's usually last up to four weeks, but given how much blood he lost, I would say he might be down for about six or seven."

Her eyes widend. "Seven weeks?" He nodded. "Yes, seven weeks approximately, hopefully he wakes up before then, if not then we'll talk about the next step."

She frowned again. "What next step??What are you talking about?"

"I don't want to scare you, but when someone goes into a coma, there's a slight chance of them never coming out of it."

"Im not saying that will most definetely happen to your son, but there's always a slight chance with every coma that that person might not wake up, but we're not even gunna go there right now, what we need to do is focus on caring for him the best we can considering his condition right now."

I took a deep breath and looked over to my left to see Marcus gone. I slightly stepped back to see him sitting on one of the benches by himself, staring at the wall.

I turned back to Brittany, letting her go, before making my way over to him.

"...Hey...you okay?" I asked, tapping his leg.

He took a few seconds before looking up at me. "..Yeah....Im good."

I took a deep breath and sat beside him. "No you're not, don't get all worried, Im sure he'll wake up in a few weeks just like the doctor said."

He sighed. "And what if he don't?"

"Don't think like that, you need to stay positive for Will....and especially his mom." I looked back over at Ms.B to see her and the doctor talking, as she wiped her face, obviously crying.

I sat up straight once I seen Chris walking over to us. "Aye." He started. "One of the nurses said he's allowed visitor's now, so Ms.B is gunna go in first, and then Brittany....y'all wanna go in after?"

I looked back over at Marcus, who was still staring at the wall and sighed. "....Yeah, we'll go in after Brittany." He nodded. "Ight cool....you good man?" Chris asked, looking over at Marcus.

"Im good." He mumbled.

"Will's a G." Chris started. "He ain't gon let no coma stop him, he'll wake up man."

We both looked over at Marcus, hoping he would say something back, but he didn't.

I took a deep breath and turned back to Chris, deciding on changing the subject. "..Have you seen the police around here yet?"

He nodded his head, stepping closer to us. "Yeah I have. This morning when I got here I saw the detective from the police station coming out of Donovan's room."

I lifted a brow. "Do you know anything else?"

"I overheard them saying how he won't talk, he's been silent ever since they brought him in last night."

I was silent for a second. "..Is he hurt?"

"Yeah, he has two broken ribs, I guess from all either fighting with Will, or me, I don't know."

"....Do you think he might say something?" Chris shrugged. "Ion know, I heard that they have some kind of physiciatrist coming to see him, they've been tryin to get him to talk, and all he will do is stare at the wall, and say he wants to kill himself."

My eyes widened. "What??"

"Yeah." He said lowly. "I guess all that shit Cordarius had him doing, fucked his mind up. I heard he won't even say nothin to his mama."

I loke over at Marcus, who was still in deep thought. "What did Cordarius have him doing?"

He scratched the back of his neck, shaking his head. "Trust me Li, you don't wanna know."

I opened my mouth to speak, but stopped once I seen Will's mama walking over to us. "You can guys can go inside and see Will, Im waiting on his father to get here."

Chris nodded. "Ight, thanks Ms.B." She wiped her eyes before letting out a small smile.

Once she walked away, Chris turned back to us. "...Y'all wanna go in first? I can wait out here with Brittany."

I nodded my head, standing up from the bench. "Yeah...we'll go in." I looked over at Marcus, waiting for him to get up.

I placed my hand on his, pulling him up. "Come on."

He slowly stood up from the bench, running a hand down his face. I took a deep breath, preparing myself to see Will.

I slowly walked over to his room door and pushed it open. As soon as it opened, I could hear machines beeping and making different noises.

I held onto Marcus' hand, stepping closer to inside Will's room. Once I saw him laying in the hospital bed, I automatically froze.

It was weird seeing him laying here, with a mask on his face, and different tubes down his throat. I let go of Marcus' hand, folding my arms across my chest. "Damn." He mumbled.

I looked over at him, to see him staring at Will's bed, as if he didn't know what to say. "...You okay?" He nodded his head, running a hand down his face again.

"...Yeah."

I stepped closer to Will's bedside, getting a better look at him. "..I feel so bad for him." I mumbled.

"I know he's gunna be fine, but I still feel bad for him....and his mama...and Brittany."

"And how you know he's gunna be fine?" Marcus started. I looked away from Will, looking over at him.

"Because....I just know....you have to stay positive." He let out a long sigh, shaking his head. "You don't think he's gunna be fine?" I asked. "He's your best friend, I think you should try to keep a positive mindset."

"Well it's hard to do that when a doctor is tellin you that he might never wake up." I sighed. "He said might, not that he wasn't, and he has to tell everyone that when someone goes into a coma, it's his job."

"Right." He mumbled. I opened my mouth to speak, but stopped once I heard the door opening.

Marcus and I turned our attention to the door, to see a officer stepping inside Will's room. I swalloed hard, wondering what he wanted.

"Marcus Richmond?" He asked, looking directly at Marcus.

"Yeah?"

"Im officer Grey, I was one of the officers that showed up last night."

Marcus slightly nodded. "..Yeah....I remember you."

"Good, I was actually trying to see if you had any time to come down to the station again, and answer some questions."

Marcus frowned. "I gave y'all my statement last night."

"Yes, you did, but we have a few questions to ask you, so we want you to come down again." I stood there, silent, scared that his cover might be blown.

"Ight...do you need me to come now?"

He nodded. "I know you're busy with your friend right now, but we need to get you down there as soon as possible."

Marcus looked over at me, before turning back to the officer. "...Ima say goodbye to my friend, and I'll be down there in about fifteen minutes."

The officer nodded. "Alright, thank you Mr.Richmond."

He gave me a slight nod before walking out the room, leaving Marcus and I alone.

As soon as the door closed, he turned to me,taking a deep breath.

"...I gotta go."

"What do you think they're gunna ask you?" He shrugged. "Ion know, but I'll see."

I took a deep breath, shaking my head. "Okay...Im going to my mama's shop after this...to get the....you know." He nodded.

"Ight, meet me at my house later."

"Okay." I said lowly. He quickly gave me a kiss before walking out the room, leaving me alone.

A.J. P.O.V.

"What did your people say about you leaving with me last night?" I pulled my shirt over my head, grabbing anohter one out of my drawer.

"My dad was the main one who was upset, but after I explained why I left without saying anything, he was...less mad."

"Less mad?" I shook my head taking a deep breath.

"Yo daddy needs to take a xanax or some shit, he stay trippin."

"I know." She mumbled. "But who cares, he'll get over it...Im just glad you sat down with him and talked, even though it was more of a interrogation."

I chuckled, slipping my new shirt over my head. "But did you see the look on his face when you told him about us going to college together?"

I smirked. "Hell yeah, that was my favorite part of the night." She rolled her eyes, trying to fight her smile.

"You didn't tell him about us going together?" She shook her head no. "No, he's never really asked about you, until recently, so I never brought it up...I told my mama though."

I chuckled again. "You tell yo mama everything."

"Whatever, the point is, that he's fully aware of our relationship now, and that's all I wanted." She smiled, wrapping her arms me.

"Uh huh."

******

Marcus P.O.V.

I came around from the bushes, once Tyree's parents pulled out of the driveway. He had told me to wait around on the side of his house until they left, so I could get the tapes.

I took a deep breath and walked up his porch steps, to his front door. I knocked twice like he told me to and stepped back, waiting for him to answer.

Once the locks clicked, I stood up straight, watching the door open.

"Marucs....thanks for comin." He pulled the door halfway open, revealing his left arm that was in a sling.

"No problem....you good?" I asked, motioning to his sling.

"Yeah, Im cool." He started. "Sorry about that wait, It took forever for me to get my parents to leave the house, I had to lie and say that I was hungry so they could leave and get me some food."

"It's cool." I said lowly. "....You got the tapes?" He nodded, turning his attention to the side of him.

"Yeah, they're right here." He held the door with his foot and reached over, grabbing two tapes off his table.

He placed the tapes in my hand, making my take a sigh of relief. "...Thanks for gettin these, ion know how you got em, but Im glad you did."

He slightly chuckled, nodding his head. "No problem." I took a deep breath, dropping both tapes in my pocket.

"....Ight, I guess I'll go, I know you're suppose to be layin down and shit, so I'll just go...thanks again."

I turned around to walk away, but he called me back.

"Aye Marcus."

I turned back around, lifting both of my brows, so he knew he had my attention. "You still looked stressed out, you good?"

I scratched my chin, nodding my head. "Yeah, Im good."

"....Ight, I was just checkin.....you should relax now, everything is finally over....I mean, I ain't want Cordarius to die, but you should be glad that nobody's threatning you or holdin some bullshit over your head.....because Im glad Im not."

I nodded slowly. "...I know...and I am.....I just got alot of shit on my mind, that's all."

"I understand that, so do I, my people's are still questioning me about Cordarius and why I started hanging with him in the first place, now that everything is I guess I should just come clean to them about it."

I frowned a little, dropping my hands in my pockets. "Come clean about what?"

"What he had over me." He started. "......I finally came to terms with it on my own, and I think its about time to let everyone know."

I was silent, letting him continue.

"Im bisexual." He started. "Cordarius knew about me talkin to another dude, and tried holdin that shit over my head to get me to do his dirty work for him, and I was stupid enough to do it."

"How did he know?" I asked.

"Meeka, she knew about it, and talked him into blackmailing me, since I ain't want nothin to do with her, I swear, she's just like him, maybe even worse."

I was silent, not knowing Meeka was actually like that.

"Oh damn." I mumbled. "I ain't know, now I see why you were with him all the time."

"Yeah." He said in a sigh. "But it's not a secret anymore, I can't keep anymore secrets."

I nodded my head, agreeing with him. "I feel you." There was silence between us for a few seconds.

".....I gave my statement to the police this morning before I got released.....I went with the same thing you and Chris did....so you don't have to worry aboutthe stories not adding up."

"Ight cool.....now we're waiting on Donovan's statement." He frowned. "The police ain't question him yet?"

I sighed. "Apparently they did this morning, Chris overheard one of the police men saying how, he won't speak to no one, he's sitting his room staring at the wall, crying, and talkin about hurting himself.....they said they might bring in a pshychiatrist to talk to him."

"Damn." He said, shaking his head. "Cordarius really fucked that boys head up....I ain't know he had him prostituitng until last night at the shop."

I was silent.

"I mean, I had been trying to talk to him, wheneve I got a chance to get him alone, but he would never speak up, all of a sudden he had switched up from his loud, annoying personality to being extremely quiet, and now I see why."

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"That's crazy." He said shaking his head. "But how's Will? I got discharged this morinig, so I didn't get a chance to get a update."

I paused for a second, not really wanting to say it outloud. "....He's.....he's in a coma."

Both of his brows shot up. "Forreal?"

"Yeah."

"How'd that happen?" I sighed."He lost alot of blood after Donovan shot him....the doctor said he should wake up in about seven weeks with the right treatment, but it's not a guarantee."

He frowned. "What does that mean?"

"....That he might never wake up." I cleared my throat a little, hating that I had to say that.

"Oh damn.....Im sure he will, don't stress about it too much....how's Chris?"

"He's cool."

He nodded, looking away from me. "Ight...cool....so I guess I'll see you around then?"

I gave him a slight head nod, taking my hands out of my pocket. "Yeah...I guess so."

I stepped down his porch steps, giving him one last head nod before disappearing around the corner.

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Just sweep up all the broken glass, the men that's here to clean will get it up for you." I took the broom out of mama's hands, taking a deep breath.

I stood in the middle of mama's shop, looking around at all the damaged racks of clothes that were pushed to the side, and the damaged furniture that was being taken out by whatever cleaning crew mama and daddy had hired.

I had offered to help mama clean up today since I know she needed the extra hands, and because I had to find a way to get this gun out of here, before the police find it.

There was still a few police officers and one detective lurking around here, looking for answers.

Marcus had told me exactly where he had hid the gun, it was just up to me to get it. I know he couldn't do it himself since the police was still lurking around, and would be watching him like a hawk if he showed up here.

I looked over my shoulder at the register, trying to figure out how I was gunna do all of this. As much as I didn't want too, I knew I had to to end all of this craziness that's been going on.

"Double A."

I slightly jumped, clearing my mind of all thoughts once I heard Auntee Ellis' voice beind me.

I quickly turned around, still holding onto the broom mama had gave me.

"What you doin girl?" He asked, placing one hand on his hip. "Staring at the glass ain't gon make it move, go on and start sweepin child."

I cleared my throat, beginning to sweep the floor that was covered in glass from the chandelier that used to hang on the ceiling.

"...Im surprised you came here to help clean....normally you don't do manual labor." I said, speaking up.

"I don't." He started again. "I just came to watch yo fine ass daddy help clean up."

I chuckled a little, rolling my eyes. "He's married....to your best friend."

"And?" He started again. "That don't change the fact that he's fine as hell, Im waitin on yo mama to fuck up, so I can slide right in there."

I laughed, sweeping some glass off to the side. "He's not gay Auntee."

"That's what they all say, just wait until I get a hold on him." I shook my head, about to speak, when I heard mama's voice.

"You'll never get a hold of him." She started. "I got that man wrapped around my finger, so stop tryin baby."

I chuckled at the two of them. "Come help me pick out some new furniture, instead of hearrassing my child about her father."

Auntee E smacked her lips, turning around. "Come on heifer....yo husband still fine though."

I kept on sweeping, until they disappeared inside mama's office. Once they closed the door, I immediately stopped sweeping, placing my focus back on the reigster.

I bit down on my bottom lip, before looking back out the glass door to see two policemen outside looking around at everything.

I had placed my bag on top of the register when I got here, so I didn't have to carry it around when I decided to go get the gun.

I slowly placed the broom to the side, keeping my eyes on the police and the detective that was here.

I turned my head to the left, to see the cleaning crew mama had hired, carrying out the small white sofa that was full of bullet holes.

I slowly inched my way over to the register, slipping my bag off the counter. At this point, my heart was racing a mile per minute, since I didn't wanna get caught doing this.

I crouched down behind the counter, picking up a tshirt that was laying behind here. I looked down at the box Marcus told me he hid the gun in and took a deep breath.

I slowly opened up the side of the box, making sure my hand was wrapped in the tshirt before, sticking my hand inside.

Once I felt the hand gun through the tshirt, I immediately got chills. I carefully picked it up out of the box and wrapped it up in the shirt, making sure I didn't get my prints on it.

I quickly stuck it in the bottom of my bag and stood up to my feet. I zipped my bag up and stepped from around the counter, just to hear mama call my name.

"Li-Li." I looked over in the direction of her office, with my heart still beating out of my chest.

"Y-yes?"

She frowned. "You okay?"

"Im fine." I smiled a little, holding onto my bag.

"...Where you about to leave?" She asked, motioning to my bag. "...Uh yeah...I was gunna run home really quick and come back."

She peeked her head out the dor, looking back over at the glass that was still in the same spot.

"Are you just trying to get out of helping me clean up? Because the floor is still covered in glass."

I swalloed hard, knowing I was trying to leave since I had this gun in my bag and I needed to get rid of it.

"No....I promise I'll be back, I barely got any sleep last night and this morning with everything that's been going on...I just wanna go home a take a quick nap, 20 minutes tops." I said, lying.

She sighed, nodding her head.

"Okay, just hurry up and come back, and if your brother is home, tell him to get his ass down here too, I don't know what's taking him so long."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll be back."

I held my bag as close as I could to my body, trying to get out and get to my car as fast as my legs would allow me.

Meeka P.O.V.

I flipped to the next page in my magazine, waiting for what seemed like forever. As the days went past, it was getting harder for me to ignore what was going on with my body.

I had been trying to hold off for as long as I could, but I couldn't anymore. My period had been late for about three days now, so I just decided to suck it up and go through with this today.

I looked around the crowded waiting room at the clinic I was at. I hadn't been back here since I came with Amara to get her abortion, and I honestly didn't think I would be here again.

I closed the magazine I was barely reading, tossing it to the side. I reached down into my pocket, pulling out my phone.

I had called Cordarius this morning to see if he would be able to take me here today, but his phone kept going to voicemail.

Last time I had talked to him, was sometime last night, he called to tell me about some plan he had for Marcus and his friends, he said he would call me back once it was done, but he never did.

I sighed once I seen I had no missed calls from anybody. I was just hoping he didn't get his dumb ass into any trouble because I know he would be calling me for some type of help.

"LaMeeka Taylor."

I quickly looked up from my phone screen, once I heard my name called. I stood up from my seat once I seen the nurse holding the door open for me, with a chart in her hand. I pushed my phone back down in my pocket, preparing myself for this visit.

*****

Aliyah P.O.V.

I sat back on Marcus' steps, thinking about everything that's happen these past two days.

I glanced over at Marcus, who had been hella quiet since I got over here to see him. I could tell by the look on his face that he had alot on his mind.

I scooted closer to him on the steps, watching the cars drive past us.

"How did it go at the police station?"

"Fine." He said lowly.

"Did they ask you alot of questions?

"Nah."

"Oh...okay...so nothing happened?"

"Nah." He said again. I turned away from him in silence for a few seconds.

"I did it." I said, speaking up again.

He kept his eyes glued to whatever he was staring off at in the distance before speaking to me. "You did what?"

"I got it." I started again.

"You got what?" I sighed, not wanting to say it, but I could tell by his facial expression and the fact that he wasn't looking at me, that his mind wasn't nowhere in our conversation.

"The gun." I said lowly. "I got it today when I went to my mama's shop to help clean up...it's in my bag."

"Oh ight." He said, pratcially mumbiling.

I took a deep breath and examined the side of his face, wondering what was on his mind.

"You okay?" I started.

"You've been really quiet ever since we found out about Will this morning."

"Im cool." He mumbled, pulling his lighter out of his pocket. "...You sure? We can talk about it if you want."

He shook his head, leaning back onto his steps. "Im cool ma."

"....Has your mom asked you anything yet?" I watched him pull out some wrap and a small plastic bag out of his left pocket.

"Yeah....last night when I got home, she's at work today, so she ain't have a chance to ask me a billion questions like she normally would."

"Oh." I mumbled.

He undid the wrap, beginning to place his weed inside of it. "...Are you really about to smoke right now?"

He looked over at me, stopping what he was doing. "Yeah....why? You wanna smoke too?"

I smacked my lips together, letting go of his arm. "No, I just don't think it's a good time right now."

He sighed, placing everything he had in his hand to the side. "I know you said you're fine, but I can look at you and tell that your not, so if you wanna talk, let's talk, you know you can talk to me."

"I know." He started. "Ion wanna talk though, I just wanna sit here and smoke my blunt."

I sighed. "Smoking isn't gunna solve anything."

"It's gunna relax me."

"And talking won't?" He sighed, running a hand down his face. "Look Li, ain't nothin to talk about ight? My best friend is sittin up in a hospital in a coma because of some dumb shit I got him involved in. Then to top it all off, he might never come out of the coma he's in, so nah, ion wanna talk, I just wanna sit here in silence."

"....So you think it's your fault?" I asked, looking at the side of his face. "You just said he's in a coma because of you, and that's not true."

"Yeah...right." He mumbled.

"It's not, you were just trying to protect him, he's the one that volunteered to help you."

"Yeah, and if I woulda just told Cordarius to fuck himself from the get go, none of this would be happening."

I sighed. "You need to stop blaming yourself for everything that happened, because it's not your fault."

"I know it's not." He started. "It's that fuck nigga Cordarius' fault, him and his fuckin manipulative ways got me here, and it got Will in a fuckin coma."

I was silent. "I know.....but he's gone now, as much as I didn't like him, talking about him like that, knowing he's dead, isn't right, and you know that."

He turned to me, frowning. "Who gives a fuck?? His ass deserved to die, all the evil shit he's been doin for years, it was just a matter of time before his shit caught up with him."

I frowned, wondering where all of this was coming from. "Are you sure you're okay? Just yesterday you wanted to know what happened to him, just like I did, you even agreed to call his mom for him....now you're sitting here talking shit about him, I understand your upset, and so am I, but what changed between last night and today??"

He was silent.

"....Is it Will?" I asked, since he didn't answer me. "Is that why you're so upset with him?"

"Just let it go Li." He picked up his things, standing up from the steps.

"I can't let it go until I make sure you're okay....stop telling me you are, because I know you're not, if you're upset just say you're upset, you don't have to pretend infront of me."

"Upset?" He asked with a twisted expression. "Im fucking pissed, Im angry as fuck." He corrected me.

"And I don't wanna talk about, I told you that, so stop pushin it." He took a deep breath, shaking his head.

"Look, I'll call you tommorow, ima go see Will again in the morning, and I'll call you after that." He walked over to me, kissing my cheek.

I stood on his steps, and watched him go back inside the house. I knew he was upset about Will and the coma thing, and so was I, but I could see the anger and hurt in his eyes that he kept trying to lie to me about.

He was never this quiet before, and all I wanted to know was what he was thinking, since I could tell he was trapped in his thoughts eveytime he went quiet.

I know alot has changed in this short amount of time, and I just wanted to make sure he was okay, I was starting to worry about him, and I hated that feeling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Short update.

Vote/Comment!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 303K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
11.3M 506K 74
◤ SEMIDEUS SAGA #02 ◢ Elysian Oracle - the oracle of Elysium, the highest oracle of the realms. The Alphas know it isn't over. The Gods are cons...