LIMERENCE ⇢ BENNY WEIR

By -jonathanbrandis

limerence /ˈlɪmɪrəns/ the initial exhilarating rush of falling in love. More

prologue
u should read this thx
lawn of the dead
three cheers for evil
friday night frights
blue moon
blood drive
doug the vampire hunter
guys and dolls
jilly putty
smells like trouble
die, pod!
the brewed
3 geeks and a demon
jesse's girl
welcome back dusker [part 1]
welcome back dusker [part 2]
say you'll be maztak
fanged and furious
flushed
benivia date
jockenstein
mirror/rorrim
sleepover
village of the darned
hottie ho-tep
siren song
halloweird
10k !!!
"i love the things you hate about yourself."
the date to end all dates [part 1]
the date to end all dates [part 2]
instagram
end of book
important pls read ily

independence daze

1.8K 49 3
By -jonathanbrandis

"Okay, here we go." Samantha said, placing a tray with milk and cookies onto the table. "Don't you think you guys are getting a little old for milk and cookies?"
"Maybe. But you're never too old for a cookie sandwich." Benny grinned, stuffing three cookies into his mouth.
Olivia and Sarah gave him a disgusted look. "Just when I think you found every way there is to be disgusting, you find another one!"
Olivia saw Ethan pause before removing two of the cookies that he was about to eat in one with the third. "Yeah, I know right, grow up, Benny!"
Olivia laughed and gave Ethan a subtle look.
"Hello!" Evelyn said, walking into the kitchen. Benny looked away, trying to hide the fact that he may know why his grandma's paying them a visit.
"Oh, hi, Evelyn! What brings you here?"
"Well, I just wanted to make sure that Benny isn't making a mess." She smiled, knocking over his cup of milk, making Benny jump back.
"Oh! Do you have any napkins?"
Samantha chuckled. "Stay put, I'll get some."
"Grandma!" Benny hissed.
"Well, what do you have to say for yourselves?!" Evelyn whispered.
"It's an easy explanation: Sarah didn't believe in trolls and Ethan and Olivia bet me I couldn't conjure one... what was I supposed to do?" Benny threw his arms up in the air.
"You didn't conjure a troll; you conjured a toll - cost me five bucks to get it out of my living room!"
"Hah!" Olivia teased.
"Told you you couldn't do it." Ethan grinned.
"Here we go-"
Evelyn used her magic to knock over the plate of cookies this time, Olivia had to stop herself from laughing at the look on Benny's face.
"It's okay, I'll get the dust thingy. Just be a sec!"
"Well, at least I conjured a toll booth, can one of you three do that?" Benny pointed.
"No, all Olivia and I do is fight everything while you two hide." Sarah shot back at him.
"You hide every time that stupid Robo-Dentist movie's on." Olivia laughed.
"Hey, CyberDentist came to this planet to fill our cavities with pain!" Benny argued. He looked at Sarah. "At least I'm not hiding from myself."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Sarah defended.
"That you're a vampire who's afraid to bite people." Ethan chipped in. Sarah glared at Ethan. "What, he said it, I didn't!"
"And you're so perfect?" Sarah scoffed.
"I'm just saying, between Benny's misspelt magic and your smash happy strategy, you'd all fail without my bulletproof, genius plans!" Ethan argued.
"Stop!" Evelyn and Olivia yelled. "Quit with the arguing, we all know I'm the best here." Olivia joked, smirking.
"You four are a team!" Evelyn said, as thunder sounded from outside. "I sense a coming darkness, a force so powerful, so evil that none of you stand a chance against it alone! Only by working together can you-" Evelyn trailed off once she realised none of them were listening - they were all on their phones. "You need to work together!"
"Yeah..." Benny mumbled.
Evelyn sighed. "Did you guys hear that thunder?" Samantha asked, walking back into the kitchen.

***

Olivia's P.O.V

I woke up this morning and got myself ready and attempted to do my makeup, it's been a lot harder ever since I can't see myself in the mirror, you have no idea. "Mom?! I think I messed up my makeup a little, can you come help me out?" I yelled from my room. No answer. "Strange..." I mumbled. I opened my secret cabinet at the back of my closet and took out a supply of blood and grabbed my bag before walking down the stairs. I looked around and saw no one so I walked into the kitchen holding my blood, for once I didn't have to hide it and subtly tip it into my Dusk cup; I don't even like Dusk, but my grandmother got it for me and I had to accept it - it's actually pretty handy now - everyone thinks I'm drinking lemonade or something. I gulped it down. I then looked around the house again and listened carefully. There was no noise and I couldn't sense any movement in my house. I shrugged. "Perhaps everyone's sleeping."
I then headed for the door. "Another day at hell." I sighed.

***

Once I reached school I immediately knew something was up. One the way to school, I usually meet up with Benny and walk the rest of the way with him, but he didn't show up. And now there's no one at school... absolutely no one.
"I swear the school trip to the candy factory was next week." I mumbled to myself.

I walked to my first class and stepped inside - no one was there. I sighed. "Why did I even bother walking to Maths, no ones here." I then grinned. "If I'm the only person here, I can do whatever the hell I want!"
I ran around the school at vampire speed, with my fangs out, wrecking the school. I ran into my Media Studies class and saw a picture of my teacher and ripped it in half. "That's for my C- in Media Studies!" I hissed. I then carried on running around the school, ripping up posters and knocking over lockers, before reaching Principal Hicks' office. I stopped and grinned at the sight of his clean and tidy desk, before knocking everything off and smashing his #1 Principal mug.
The only thing left on his desk was his microphone for school announcements. I picked it up and looked through his window at the trashed school before looking into his mirror, I could faintly see my reflection; the fangs, my dark hair, my bright blue eyes and my clothes. What has Jesse turned me into? "Just do it, let all of the anger out. You're alone. No one can hear you and you've kept it in for too long." I whispered to myself. Tears welled in my eyes as I began to scream through the microphone, cursing Jesse for turning me into a monster.

***

I was sat on top of the knocked over locker with my back against the wall, eating a packet of crisps from the vending machine in the teen lounge since I had no blood on me. I sighed and looked at the trashed hallways once again. But this time, I laughed. I guess I finally let out my anger, on the school - which is a plus - and no ones here to stop me.
"Olivia, can you hear me?" I heard someone say, it sounded like Ethan.
I dropped my crisps and stood up. "Ethan?! Where is everyone?! Why can I hear you?!"
"Because he's holding your picture of us." Benny whispered.
"Benny? You're here too?" My eyes lit up at the sound of Benny's voice.
"And me." Sarah sighed.
"What? How the hell can I hear you guys but can't see you?" I asked, confused.
"It's an emotional connection! I can communicate with you through the picture you have of you and Benny and you stuck in your locker, I can communicate with Sarah through her makeup thingy-"
"It's a compact!" Sarah corrected.
"Whatever, and I can communicate with Benny through his picture of you and him in his locker." Ethan finished explaining.
I chuckled a little at Benny and I's connection. "Cute." I muttered to myself.
"Seriously, where is everyone? There's no one in this town anywhere!" Sarah yelled. "Except for my evil twin who's hunting me."
"I'm being chased my CyberDentist - that drill is a lot scarier up close." Benny whispered.
"Wait, so you're both being attacked, I'm completely alone!" Ethan stated.
"Yeah, me too!" I said.
"Lucky you." Benny retorted.
"Look, guys, I've got an idea, just meet me in the lounge as soon as you can, okay?" Ethan asked.

"Okay," Ethan said, after a while. "now there's a guy in cloak with no face..."
I heard a faint crash and the sound of Ethan panting. "Okay, I'm so caught up with you now!"

I ran into the lounge and saw my friends, apart from they weren't actually there - they were... transparent.
"I can see you guys!" Ethan said, surprised. "Can you see me?"
"Barely." Olivia replied.
"Is that my compact?" Sarah asked.
"Yeah, grab onto it. We're gonna have to do this in two stages."
Sarah grabbed onto her compact.
"Benny, grab your picture." Benny nodded and took hold of it.
"I'm gonna pull you two through and then we'll pull you through, Olivia, okay?"
I nodded and watched Ethan pull Benny and Sarah through. But to me, they still looked the same, I'd imagine to them, I'm the only ghost now. Ethan held out my picture of Benny and I and I took hold of it. Once Ethan pulled me through Benny pulled me into a tight hug. "Are you okay?"
I nodded. "I'm alone, remember? Are you okay?"
Benny grinned and nodded. "CyberDentist can never hurt me."

"Okay, now we're trapped here together - not much of an upgrade!" Sarah sighed.
I shot Sarah a glare. "Hey!"
"Guys, we have to move. I'm being chased by a guy with no face and a lot of fire balls." Ethan explained.
"Then there's me... I was all alone up until now!" I shrugged.

3RD PERSON

Suddenly, the faceless guy in a cloak, CyberDentist and an evil version of Sarah entered the room.
"You know, I liked it better when it was just me and Dr Silverpants." Benny whispered.
"At least we won't be destroyed together." Ethan said.
"And that's a good thing?!" Olivia hissed.
The guy in the cloak shot a ball of magic towards the teenagers who yelled and ran away as fast as they could.

"Come on," Ethan whispered, as the four ran into one of the classrooms, they could hear CyberDentist following them. Olivia and Benny pressed themselves against the blackboard, Benny took hold of Olivia's hand.
CyberDentist was right outside the door, looking through the glass. He tried to open the door but Ethan held it shut. Soon enough, CyberDentist gave up and carried on walking down the hallway.

"So we're just gonna stand here and wait?" Sarah asked.
"We're not waiting; we're hiding. It's a much better plan." Benny told her.
"I should just go out there and-"
"Do what?! Get ruffed up by yourself?" Benny retorted.
"Hey, you can't even magic yourself out of a dentist appointment!" Sarah argued.
"Guys!" Olivia and Ethan hissed, sick of their bickering. "This isn't helping!"
"Well, why don't you go out there and touch Hoodie McFirehands and get a vision!" Benny almost yelled at Ethan.
"Spoiler alert: he'll cook me!"
Benny paused for a minute before deciding he shouldn't say anything else - Ethan was right.
"Look," Ethan began. "we can't defeat them by ourselves - we have to come at them together. Sarah, how can we stop you?"
"That's not me! That's the me I don't want to be!"
"Why not?" Olivia asked.
"Why not? Because she doesn't have a conscience and she eats people!" Sarah shot back.
"Okay, we can make something out of that." Olivia replied.
"She's right," Ethan agreed. "Sarah, you're gonna come up behind the you that you don't want to be whilst she's distracted and stake her!"
"Okay... so what's the distraction?" Benny asked.
Ethan bit his lip.

"I ran the most track today... my blood is pumping like crazy!" Benny called. Him, Ethan and Olivia panicked when Evil Sarah came around the corner and ran away, only to be followed by her.
Benny tripped Ethan up and Olivia fell over Ethan. "Really?" She hissed.
"Our weak, human bodies cannot run any further!" Ethan said, pretending to look weak and tired.
"I could use a lunch break." Evil Sarah smirked.
"Lunch is so served!"
Evil Sarah hissed before stopping. "Wait, where's my lame lookalike?"
The three froze, not knowing of what to say next.
"Uh, I'm too full of delicious blood to answer." Benny winced, trying to cover them.
"Yeah... so much blood!" Ethan groaned.
"Well, I guess I could dine and dash." Evil Sarah smirked, placing one hand on her hip. Sarah then ran up behind her, staking her before her evil twin crumbled away into thin air.
"That's one, down. Too bad... I kinda liked her boots." Sarah shrugged.
"They were nice boots..." Olivia agreed.
"You know, for the record, she had a much cooler look." Benny whispered to Ethan.
"Benny!" Olivia and Ethan gasped.
"What?"
"Hey! I think I do pretty well for someone who can't use a mirror." Sarah said, pointing her stake at Benny, who gulped and smiled. "Point taken."

"Magic doesn't work on dentists?" Sarah asked Benny.
"He's not just a dentist! He's a computer..." Benny hissed.
"And computers are all about logic!" Ethan said. "So maybe that's where we hit him!"
"I'd rather hit him with a train, but that's okay." Benny smiled.

"This is animal cruelty to you, right?" Sarah asked CyberDentist, holding up a computer mouse, Olivia stood behind her with her arms folded.
CyberDentist growled and charged at Sarah, but she took hold of him and pushed him back, Olivia ran up and did the same, so they held an arm each.
"Hey, CyberDork!" Ethan shouted, running into the hallway. "Why do we drive in parkway and park in a driveway?"
"I-I-I-"
"Your mission is not to accept this mission, you accept?" Ethan continued.
"Logic. Paradox. Detected." CyberDentist said, his head twitching.
"It's working!" Sarah said, struggling to hold CyberDentist still.
"Why do you have to put coffee inside a coffee maker? Doesn't it make the coffee?" Ethan asked.
Benny pointed at CyberDentist, grinning and raised his eyebrows.
"Benny, come on!" Ethan urged.
"Once, I ate a whole half of pizza - the whole half!"
CyberDentist began to shake even more. "Tell the nurse to cancel my appointment." He said, in a jittery voice. As he continued to shake, Olivia noticed an off button and nudged Sarah, who was struggling to keep him still. She looked over to her and Olivia nodded her head towards the direction of the button and Sarah, who got the message, pressed it, shutting it down.

"Yes, it worked!" Ethan yelled, jumping up and down. "I knew he couldn't handle logic paradoxes!"
"Actually, Olivia just found his off switch..." Sarah laughed. "It was here the whole time."
"Oh well, let's go." Ethan said, running off, Olivia and Sarah following suit.
"Guys, I have an idea!" Benny called. The three stopped and turned around.
"I wonder if we could play video games on this thing." Benny eyed CyberDentist.
Sarah, Ethan and Olivia rolled their eyes before continuing to run down the hallways.
Benny chuckled and bent over to look at the buttons and poked one. CyberDentist jumped a little, causing Benny to jump back. "Never mind." He whispered, walking away.

"So, Sarah and I were chased by things we were already afraid of... so who's the guy in the bathrobe?" Benny asked Ethan before looking to his girlfriend. "And why aren't you being chased by anything?"
"I don't know - I don't recognise him from any of my top 10 nightmares." Ethan replied.
"I don't know why I'm not being chased; I obviously have fears." Olivia shrugged.
"Perhaps you're just fearless." Benny grinned.
Olivia knew inside that she wasn't but hid her inside thoughts by scoffing. "Obviously." She said, whipping her behind her.

"If you don't know what he is then how do we stop him?" Sarah asked Ethan.
Ethan looked around for a moment before he got an idea. "Wait, maybe we don't have to!"
"And where are you going with this?" Olivia raised an eyebrow.
"If I pulled you guys into this world-"
"Then maybe somebody in the real world could pull us back there!" Benny finished.
"Maybe... yes... I don't know!"
"I think it's worth a shot." Olivia chipped in.
"Okay, but we need an emotionally charged object," Ethan stated, he turned to Sarah. "Does Erica have anything in her locker?"
"Please, half the stuff in Erica's locker isn't even hers." Sarah scoffed.
"How about Rory?" Olivia asked.
Ethan smiled and nodded. "I know where we need to go!"

"Good thing I know Rory's combination." Benny grinned, clicking his fingers.
"Yeah, me too!" Sarah said, pushing Benny out of the way and ripping off the padlock. "I'll be honest; I thought there'd be more toys."
"Okay... aha! Hello little buddy!" Ethan said, taking out one of Rory's fluffy animals. "You must be kinda lonely - but not for long! Rory?" Ethan spoke into the toy.

"What's that Vampire Sasquash? You sound like Ethan!" Rory said, looking at his fluffy animal.
"That's it! You two are getting a time out! Give me that!""

"This is Ethan! We're trapped in an alternate dimension!"

"Woah... Rory, I think I've been hanging out with you for way too long!"

The guy in the cloak then stepped around from the corner and Benny rapidly began to tap his friends. He threw a fireball at them and the four ran away just in time.

"We're being chased by a walking flame-thrower you have to get us out of here!" Benny screamed.

"Only if Sarah signs my council application - Olivia's already done it." Erica said.
"What? Wasn't that due like a month ago?!" Sarah yelled, in a panic.
"What?!" Erica hissed, snatching Rory's toy from him. "I have been hanging out with Rory and his doll all day for nothing?!" She yelled, Rory grinning.
"Just meet us in front of the school right now!" Olivia shouted into the toy.

Once the four reached the front of the school, Erica and Rory were already there.
"Woah, I dig the ghost look!" Rory exclaimed.
"But... you guys are the ghosts." Benny pointed at them.
"Guys, we're all ghosts! Just grab Vampire Sasquash." Ethan ordered.
"Oh, I already got him." Rory said, hugging his toy. Olivia rolled her eyes and snatched the one Benny was holding out of his hands. "The ghost one!"
Erica stepped forward and took hold of it. Benny helped Olivia by holding the toy too, Ethan held onto Benny's shoulder whilst Sarah held onto Olivia's.
"A little help?" Erica asked Rory.
"Yep!" Rory said, putting his hands on Erica's shoulders.

After a small moment off pulling, the man in cloak reappeared again and Ethan's eyes widened as a fireball formed in his hands. Just as he shot the fireball, the four were pulled back into the same dimension as Rory and Erica.

The students gave them weird looks, wondering where Ethan, Benny, Olivia and Sarah had just come from. "Tada!" Benny grinned taking an over exaggerated bow, whilst Erica awkwardly curtsied.

***

"And he was all drilly, drilly!" Benny said, using a spoon as a substitute for CyberDentist's drill. "And I didn't cry once!" He told his grandma, proudly.
"But we worked together." Sarah chimed in.
"And we got out alive." Ethan added. "But, I guess you already knew that part." He handed a cup of coffee to Evelyn.
"Well, I'm glad you learned you lesson - even if it took flinging you into three private dimensions." Evelyn said, taking a sip of her coffee.
Olivia almost choked on her coffee. "What?!"
"Oh, relax. You were never in any real danger!" Evelyn chuckled.
The teenagers looked at each-other, astonished. "Tell that to the crazy robots and the evil Sarah's!" Benny whined. "Dial it down, grandma!"
"Cowboy up, Benny!" Evelyn shot back. "Those are your fears. You needed a reason to work together."
"How come I was alone?" Olivia asked her.
"Well, your fear is losing the ones closest to you - just like Ethan's." Evelyn explained.
"Hang on... so who was that faceless guy in the hoodie throwing fireballs at me?" Ethan asked.
"What?" Evelyn questioned, putting down her coffee. "You were supposed to be alone!"
"I guess that's my new fear now: fireball throwing guy." Ethan joked.
"There shouldn't have been anyone there with you." Evelyn said, turning away and walking to the window, holding the curtain back to look outside. "This something to do with the darkness I feel... trouble is coming."
Ethan, Sarah and Olivia looked at one another with a mixture worry and confusion.
"Any of those cookies left?" Benny asked, breaking the tension Evelyn stirred up. "Because if I don't get some cookies, then we're gonna have some trouble!" He chuckled before cluelessly taking a sip of his coffee.
Olivia stared at him. "What?"
"I wonder about you sometimes." She sighed, grinning a little.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

320 22 20
read to find out
112K 762 146
@colbybrock liked your photo @colbybrock commented 'woah' started June 11, 2018
108K 3.5K 15
When a girl who doesn't believe in love and a boy who wants to fall in love, meet.
273K 6.4K 54
LIMERENCE | ❝If you ain't scared... you ain't human.❞ limerence /ˈlɪmɪrəns/ noun 1.(psychol) a state of mind resulting from romantic attraction, char...