blood drive

"Sarah, seriously, you shouldn't be in school at a day like this

"Sarah, seriously, you shouldn't be in school at a day like this." Olivia said to her best friend, who was worriedly stuffing her face with crisps.

She laughed. "C'mon, you look like me on Valentine's Day!" Olivia shoved her hand in Sarah's crisp packet and popped one in her mouth.

Her smile, however, quickly faded and she felt a pang of jealously when she saw Benny gawking over one of the blonde nurses.

Once she realised that her jealously was probably showing, she quickly tried to hide it.

Ethan walked up to Sarah and Olivia. "Hey, Olivia, hey... Sarah-" He stopped once he saw her.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked.
"Not much... you?"
He turned to Olivia. "What's up with her?"
Olivia bit her lip. "All of this is a little too much for her..."

"Do you need help? I could be your diet buddy!" Ethan suggested.
"It's Erica I'm worried about! She doesn't have much self control-"

Erica walked towards the three teenagers with a plate of cookies. "Hey, Sarah, cookie?" She grinned, flashing her fangs.

***

"A student volunteer? That is so devious... and kinda... clever, actually." Sarah said.

"I know right! So, when are you gonna take a sip?"
"I don't eat humans." Sarah said.

Erica smirked and held up a tube of blood in front of Sarah's face. She panicked and reached into her packet for crisps but she'd finished them.

Olivia groaned and took hold of Sarah's arm. "Let's get you some more."

"No, don't do this to me!" Sarah whined as the bag of crisps got stuck.

She held her arm up in the air but Olivia grabbed it, stopping her from smashing the glass.

"You do know that you could end your pain with one tiny little sip." Erica waved her Dusk bottle in front of Sarah.

"That blood is meant to save lives, you know?" Olivia said.
"Well, duh, mission accomplished!" She took another sip. "Ah! See? No screaming." She smiled, blood on her teeth.

"Right! Until you get caught. We'll see who screams then!" Sarah retorted.
Erica raised an eyebrow before walking away.

Sarah was back at it again with the huge bag of crisps, focusing on what seemed like nothing to Olivia, not talking at all.

This time, Olivia was slightly afraid to say something since Sarah had just knocked the whole machine over and the glass was smashed.

Ethan came up behind her. "Hey... Sarah! Hey, Olivia!" he paused when he saw the machine.

"Don't. Say. It." Sarah said.
"You better not, she's beginning to scare me." Olivia whispered to Ethan.

***