reckless - h.s / mature conte...

Autorstwa HarrysHabit

"I remember the first time you held my hand. I don't know if it was because of the cold or the fact that I lo... Więcej

01 - restart
02 - get to know each other
03 - confessions
04 - you need to try
05 - carefree
06 - attacks
07 - let down your guard
09 - provocate
10 - putting on a show
11 - reckless
12 - honest
13 - getting it on
14 - upgrade
15 - breakaway
16 - green forest
17 - pinky promises
18 - over again
19 - taking turns
20 - another round
21 - bad decisions
22 - told you so
23 - unwelcomed meeting
24 - exposed
25 - surprise
26 - at the end of the day
27 - love, oh love
28 - lake day
29 - revealing secrets
30 - discomfort
31 - breakdown
32 - thunderstorms & love*
33 - haunting past
34 - seperate ways
35 - life lessons
36 - sneak peak
37 - plans
38 - decisions
39 - welcome home
40 - goodbyes
41 - nightmares
42 - Robert
43 - lies & honesty
44 - 365 days
45 - you're it for me

08 - step after step

628 12 0
Autorstwa HarrysHabit

Millie 

I woke up, because someone was snoring into my ear. I was a bit confused, since it was still dark outside and I couldn't see my surroundings. But then it snapped. 

That scent was everything I needed, to know where I was. 
At Harry's. 

Not only at Harry's, but on his couch, cuddled up into his arms. 
I remebered everything that happened yesterday, that I punched that girl, Harry's asthma attack, me almost opening up. Not that I was suprised that I remembered, I wasn't that drunk, just a bit more than being tipsy. 

Carefully, not wanting to wake Harry up, I wiggled myself out of his, may I say comforting, hold. 
He was nothing but nice to me yesterday, so I wouldn't just go without a word. 
I stood up from the couch, walked to my purse that I had left somewhere on the floor and pulled my cigarettes out. Then I walked to the balcony and sat on the chair that Harry placed there. 

I lit my cigarette and unlocked my phone. 
5.34 am. 

I knew, sleeping wasn't an option anymore. I'm an insomniac. 
So I just turned on some music that I had on my phone, put the volumes down, so only I could hear it and watched Holmes Chapel coming to life to Ed Sheeran singing 'Give me love'. 
It was one of my favorite songs. Ed Sheeran was my favorite artist, he could put emotions into words, like no one else. And he made everything sound so poetic, it was amazing. 

I closed my eyes and hummed along the chorus. 

"Give a little time to me or burn this out
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around
All I want is the taste that your lips allow
My, my, my, my, oh, give me love.

"You have a beautiful voice." I jumped at the sudden interruption. 

I glared at the patio door, seeing Harry smirking.
His curly hair was all ruffled up and his eyes seemed tired. 
He still wore his shirt and black skinny jeans, could he even breathe in them?

"Fucking shit, you scared the living hell out of me." I shot. 
He chuckled, "sorry, wasn't my intention." 

"'course not." I grumbled. 

Harry just laughed, went inside and came seconds later back, with his own cigarettes. 
He placed himself on the chair next to the table, that stood between us and lit his own cigarette. 

"Do you think it's smart smoking, when you're having asthma?" I asked confused. 
"No, it's actually the most stupid thing I could do, but someday I'm dying either way, so I don't give a fuck actually." He answered, not looking at me, while I was watching his face. 
"True." I shrugged. 

Then I watched the streets, getting more and more busy. The sun was already rising and everything was colored in orange and red. 
Actually, I think that this is the most beautiful time of the day. 
When everything is quiet and you can hear the birds chirping and the trees rustling. When everyone was still asleep and you were alone with your thoughts. When you could just lay back and watch the world waking up. A new day for everyone, so new chances. Everything about early mornings are so fucking beautiful. 

"A penny for your thoughts?" Harry asked. 
I looked at him, smiled and looked back at our garden again. 
"Do you think, that someone will wake up today and because of one little thing that happens, his world will change forever?" I asked back, without caring that this may sound stupid. I often thought about that when I lived in Michigan. 

If one day, I wake up and something happens, that will change my life forever. 

"Yes. Maybe this car," he pointed to an blue peugeot that drove out of his parking lot, "the owner, I mean, will find the love of his life, because he decided to get coffee. Or this girl," he pointed to an little girl, who walked hand in hand with her dad along the sidewalk, "will see a dog, and she will see that dogs are nice and lovely, and then she will conquer her fear of dogs." Harry was deep in his own thoughts. 

And everything he said was true. When you won't think about it, something will happen in your life, that makes you happier or maybe you will find something that makes your life even worse. 
You will never know what happens, when you leave your front door. 

And to be honest, that scared me. I still remember one detail of my life and from there, everything went downhill. 

"Have you ever had a moment like this?" I asked, Harry shooting me an confused look. 
"You know, a moment that made everything better or worse." I explained. 

He nodded, "yes. Did you?" He raised an eyebrow. 

I sighed, "yes, I had one moment that changed my life." - "For better or for worse?" He asked. 

"For worse." I answered. 

He knew I wouldn't talk about it and he didn't pushed that subject further, which I appreciated. 

We had smoked our cigarettes long ago but still sat outside, the sky already turning into a bright blue. 
Ed Sheeran still playing softly in the background. 

"Do you want a tea or coffee? Or we could go out and have some proper breakfast. I still owe you for yesterday." He asked nervously. 

"Breakfast does sound great." I smiled back at him. He nodded and then we went inside. 

The balcony was attached to his room and as soon as I closed the patio door, he took his shirt off. 

I noticed his muscles on his back and the tattoos that were splattered across his arm. 
I saw the dimples on his back, right above his waistband. He was attractive, without a question.
And he was really really sweet. I think we could actually get along pretty well.

"You're staring." I snapped up and he smirked at me.
I haven't even noticed that he already put on a shirt. 

"Shall we?" He asked, still smirking.
"Uhm, yea. I just want to get myself changed, can't go out in that dress, can I?" I chuckled. "But you can come with me downstairs, I just need a few minutes." I suggested. 

He agreed and we walked the stairs downstairs to my apartment. I unlocked the door, "make yourself at home, I'm ready in ten." And then I walked into my room and undressed myself. I took a washed out pair of skinny jeans, a black shirt and my favorite red adidas jacket. Then I ran to the bathroom, watching Harry sitting on my couch and typing something into his phone, he looked up and smiled while I passed him. 

Then I splashed my face with water and rubbed my make up off. I took a towel, dried my face and put on some mascara and put my hair in a messy bun. 

"Okay, ready." I said and he stood up. "Great, come on, I know a place where they have the best pancakes in the world." He grinned. 

We walked out of the building and towards Harry's car, he unlocked it and we both jumped in.
He started the car and we started driving.
We drove for a few minutes in silence, but not an awkward silence, it was an comfortable silence.
We were both wrapped up in our own thoughts and before I noticed he parked the car in a parking lot.

"Really? Your own bakery?" I asked amused.
"Hey, they really have the world's best pancakes and I get some discount." He chuckled. 

We went inside and I was wrapped in a scent of coffee and pastries. 

"Good morning, what can I.. Oh Harold, love. What can I get for you my dear?" An older lady asked, having a wide smile plastered on her face, looking admirably at Harry. 

"Morning Susan. We'll have the pancakes, topped with butter, syrup and lots of strawberries and bananas please." He told Susan shyly.
"'course love. Please, take a seat. I'll make everything ready. A tea for you two?" She asked now both of us. 

"Coffee for me, please." I answered and smiled. "Tea for me." Harry told her.
"Lovely couple you two." She grinned. 

"Oh no.. we're not.. I mean. No, Susan really not." Harry rambled and I just laughed out loud.
"We're not a couple." I answered her. 

"Oh, that's sad. But believe an older woman, you two would be cute together." She winked and then she turned us her back and walked behind the counter. 

"That was embarrassing as fuck, I'm sorry." Harry rubbed his back, he was clearly embarrassed. 
"Oh it's okay, Harold." I laughed. 

"Don't. Please. I don't even know why they call me like that, it's not even my name." He told me. 
"Well, to bad, Harold." I shrugged and we placed ourselves in the corner of the bakery. 

We chatted a bit and after about ten minutes, Susan arrived with our pancakes, Harry's tea and my coffee. 

"Harold, I already put milk and sugar in, and for you love, I don't know how you like your coffee, so here's some milk and sugar." She patted Harry's back. 
"Oh, thank you very much." I smiled uncomfortably. Then she turned and left again. 

"She is like an embarrassing grandmother, but she is a really lovely lady." Harry explained. 
"It's okay, she really is nice." I said while cutting my pancakes, then I placed a forkful in my mouth. 

"Good, hm?" Harry asked with his mouth full and I just nodded. 

"Do you have anthing to do tonight? Any plans?" He swallowed and then looked me in my eyes. 
"Nope, nothing." I answered shortly. 

"My friend's having a little party over at his house, you want to join?" He asked hopefully. 
"I don't know, I'm not even invited." I took a sip from my coffee. 
"Don't worry about that, everyone's coming, invited or not. But I'll ask if it makes you feel better." He smiled. 

"Uhm, alright." I still had some doubts, but I wanted some new friends and this was the perfect oppurtinity. 

"Amazing, it's going to be fun, promise." He hold his pinky finger up and smiled, showing all of his teeth. I had to laugh and this childish gesture, but interwined my pinky finger with his. 

After we ate everything, Harry paid, even though Susan insisted on him not paying for our breakfast. But Harry just gave her 15₤, kissed her on the cheek and we left the bakery. 
We drove back to our apartments, and when the elevator stopped at my floor, I said my goodbye, but before the door closed Harry shouted, "I'll pick you up at eight." 

_____________________

Hey guyyys, 

thanks for reading as always. :)

hope you liked this chapter, if yes, please leave 
me a vote on it. 

loads of love x

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

34.7K 902 85
Started: April 2023, Completed: April 2024 Riley looked forward to college solely for the chance to start fresh. Healing and growing was Riley's only...
823K 22K 57
Ashton has known " the boys" since her junior year of high school. Her brothers friends were constantly getting her into trouble, Harry especially. ...
21.3K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...
333K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...