The Billionare's Challenge

By sugarpuppies

Kate was a decent and lovely girl until she had harsh experience during college. After graduating, she decide... More

Prologue
Graduation
The CEO
New York
First Day
Hangover
Happy Monday
The Challenge
First Move
Chit Chat
Preparations
Fashion Show
Friends? Or Not?
The Plan
Childhood Friend
Birthday
Post Birthday
The Collins
The Ex
The Dinner
The Past
Horses and Chickens
Business Trip
Help Me, My Friend
Benefit Ball
The Wedding
Ferris Wheel
Leaving and Coming Back
The Test
Hello, Kate
Knight In Shining Armour
Dinner Date
Tainted Memory
The Aftermath
Epilogue
A/N

Mmmm.

11K 395 13
By sugarpuppies

Kate's POV

It's three weeks till Christmas and I'm off to buy decorations. We'll be releasing new Christmas clothing tomorrow and there'll be a cocktail party too. Stella and Carla were in charge of tomorrow's event. That is why, I'm off to buy my own Christmas decorations.

Ding.

Zara: hey! How r u? It's almost xmas!

Me: u know, buying xmas deco. How bout you? U heard abt our party tom? We're finally releasing our xmas clothing.

Zara: I'm fine! I met this hottie on my way to my apartment. Yeah I heard. Congrats!!

Me: sweet jesus zara. Another hottie? Hahaha

Zara: yeah. There are a lot of hotties here.

Me: find one and make him yours. Oh and please not the type like harry gilmore from middle school. Hahaha

Zara: yeah whatever. 😂 I gotta go. My boss is here. Love yah!

Me: luv yah too!

I miss Zara. It's hard when she's not here. I couldn't tell her about the things happening here everyday. I went to the mall and saw Christmas decorations being sold at the atrium. I walked towards the lights section and a woman smiled.

"How may I help you?" She said softly.

"I would like to buy those red and green bulbs." I pointed to the box near her.

"This is $7. It's one of our bestsellers."

"Thank you." I said while putting it in the basket. Next, I went to the mini Christmas trees.

"Kate!" I turned around to see Stella and Jaime walking towards me.

"Hi!!" I said cheerfully.

"Christmas shopping, I presume?" Jaime said.

"Yep."

"Us too. Mom and Dad wanted Christmas decors all over the house." Stella said.

Two hours later...

Gosh. I'm exhausted. Stella, Jaime, I bought all sorts of Christmas decorations. From Christmas balls to Christmas socks. I decided to cook lasagna for lunch. I grabbed my grandmother's recipe book and started preparing my ingredients. I played my iPod while cooking and dancing to the beat.

Ding. Ding.

I reached to grab my phone to see who texted.

Marc: where are you?

Me: I'm at home.

Marc: have any plans tonight?

Me: I plan to watch vampire diaries. Why?

Marc: let's have dinner

Marc: say yes. I have a surprise.

Marc: Kate come on. Have dinner with me.

Me: fine

Marc: I'll pick you up at 6

Me: no need. I'll drive. I need to pick up my dress for tomorrow.

Marc: don't be late, luv

I just laughed and ate my lunch. I started my car and drove to Macy's. I was greeted by Lisa.

"Hey there, Kate!" Lisa waved from the counter.

"Hey. I'm picking up my dress." I said.

Lisa squatted and got a ribboned box.

"Here yah go."

"Thank you."

After picking up my dress, I drove to Marc's house. I arrived ten minutes earlier than the said time. I pressed the doorbell and waited. Marc opened the door and I felt something on my feet.

I gasped. I crouched down to pet the golden retriever. I heard Marc chuckle.

"Meet Denver."

"Hi Denver! Such a cutie!"

"Come on in."

I got in while Denver followed.

"So...what's the surprise?" I asked.

"Wait. Could you let Denver in his playroom? Just behind that door."

"Ok..."

When I came back, Marc was serving dinner.

"Surprise." He said while I eyed the food on the table. I was speechless.

"Have a seat." He gestured me to sit down.

Marc sat across me.

"I didn't know you could cook." I blurted out.

"Yeah. It's been a while since I last cooked."

I took the first bite and it was delicious. It was roasted beef with truffle cream sauce.

I felt Marc watching me so I slowly stopped eating.

"Continue eating.."

"Eat too. It feels weird when you look at me like that."

"Like what?" Ughh. This man's annoying.

"Nothing. Just eat." I said as I continued eating. Few minutes later, Marc started eating. There was an awkward silence between us. I guess neither of us doesn't know what to say.

"I...uh...just want to say how grateful I am to have you in the company. And...uhmmm...I don't know what to say anymore." He said, chuckling.

Then I thought of something.

"Let's watch a movie! I'm bored and lonely at home." Marc's face lit up.

"Ok! You pick a movie while I clean here." He stood up and picked the plates up.

"Wait...one last glass. It's really good." I said while handing my wine glass to him.

He nodded and I went to the living room. I crouched down to see what movies are in store. After a few minutes, I found a movie. I stood up and opened the DVD.

"So what are we watching?" Marc suddenly asked from behind, startling me.

I turned around and Marc stood in front of me. He's very very close which made me feel hot.

"You're cute when you're blushing." Marc said while he caressed my cheek. God. I'm heating up.

"Do you know how beautiful you are?" I'm at a loss for words. I didn't know what to say. The look in his eyes is making my desire for him grow.

He leaned closer and kissed me. I know I should be pushing him away but it felt so good. I couldn't stop myself. He deepened the kiss and I felt his hands going up my body. My hands were already around his neck. God. I really can't stop.

"Mmmm..." I suddenly moaned when he started kissing my neck. I know this is wrong but my body just keeps going.

Suddenly, I heard the door lock. We must've moved to a room. Marc stopped kissing me and looked at me intensely. I blushed and looked away. Marc slightly moved closer. That immediately caught my attention.

"I don't know what you're doing to me, Kate." He whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my body. He then kissed my neck again.

I felt him lowering me down to the bed. Both of us were breathing heavily already. My body's aching for him. He kissed me once again but this time it's deeper. I felt his hands under the hem of my shirt. I knew where this was going yet I didn't stop him. Minutes later, I was only left with my bra and underwear. Marc was only in his briefs. I could see his toned abs.

"Kate...I want you." Marc said before smashing his lips against mine.

The next morning...

I shifted a bit and felt someone's arm on my waist. Oh no.

I looked beside me and saw Marc. Oh my god. We did it. I can't believe it. I just lost my v-card to Marc. Oh no. What have I done? I slowly put away Marc's arm and quickly got dressed and left the house.

Marc's POV

I woke up and felt the bed beside me was empty. I quickly sat up and saw Kate was gone.

Goddammit. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

"The number you're calling is currently unavailable."

Shit.

I took a shower and kept thinking about last night. I took her virginity. We made love and she didn't stop me. I know she wanted it as much as I did.

Why did she leave?

Ring..ring..

Stella: where the hell are you?

Marc: I'm on my way to the office.

Stella: hurry. We have a lot to do. Don't forget the cocktail party tonight. I'm calling Kate.

She hung up and I drove to the company.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 297 31
'Where Roses Grow' - π™π™ƒπ™Šπ˜Ώπ™€π™Ž Never mix business with pleasure, they say. Never date a rich man, they say. Never date a man with a fiancΓ©, they s...
49K 2.2K 48
"Can a Man be complete for a Woman? Can he vanish away her pain?" . . Let's Find out!! -Self ...
517K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
41.4K 2.5K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. πŸ”₯ Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language β€’ 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...