Afraid • l.h

By ideklrh_

There is nothing harder than being afraid of finding love so how will Tilly cope when she is met with emergin... More

Warning :)
Chapter 1 • "The Move."
Chapter 2 • "Day one of hell."
Chapter 3 • "Why don't you like me?"
Chapter 4 • "call me Mikey."
Chapter 5 • "Art."
Chapter 6 • "You must be Tilly."
Chapter 7 • "Jack?"
Chapter 8 • "the beach?"
Chapter 9 • "are you okay?"
Chapter 10 • "What are you doing here?"
Chapter 11 • "Teenage Dirtbag?"
Chapter 12 • "There was this girl."
Chapter 13 • "Can I help you?"
Chapter 14 • "We have different types of fun."
Chapter 15 • "Have you finally given her a chance?"
Chapter 16 • "That's the problem."
Chapter 17 • "Who is it?"
Chapter 18 • "Oh no."
Chapter 19 • "He screwed up."
Chapter 20 • "Hope."
Chapter 21 • "Hey Lu-."
Chapter 22 • "Where's Luke?"
Chapter 23 • "I was selfish."
Chapter 24 • "Don't lie Luke."
Chapter 25 • "We're still going to be best friends, right?"
Chapter 26 • "Out of all the people."
Chapter 27 • "Say something."
Chapter 28 • "I can't accept it."
Chapter 29 • "Why?"
Chapter 30 • "I love her."
Chapter 31 • "Ready as ever."
Chapter 32 • "They're not coming."
Chapter 33 • "Who's Eddy?"
Chapter 34 • "Can we see her?"
Chapter 35 • "I will. Later."
Chapter 36 • "I'm trying to protect you."
Chapter 37 • "So what's going on?"
Chapter 38 • "Pleased to see me?"
Chapter 39 • "I can't say 100%"
Chapter 40 • "How could you?"
Chapter 41 • "You need to go home."
Chapter 42 • "You're lying."
Chapter 43 • "and who's this?"
Chapter 44 • "Is this boy trouble?"
Chapter 45 • "Unfortunately."
Chapter 46 • "Be mine. Again?"
Chapter 47 • "This isn't a goodbye."
Chapter 48 • "Nightmares?"
Chapter 49 • "She's just jealous."
Chapter 50 • "Dear Tilly,"
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 52 • "At the door."
Chapter 53 • "Explain."
Chapter 54 • "Literally everything."

Chapter 51 • "Things got complicated."

635 21 2
By ideklrh_

Tilly's POV

We head back inside and find ourselves playing beer bong with a bunch of people from our school who I haven't met before. At the end Grace and I were drunk and very giggly sitting on the sofa texting Michael.

To Michael:

HEYYYYYYY MIKEY

WASS IP

*UP

I MISS YOU

MIKEY?

MICHAEL CLIFFORD ABSWER ME NOW.

I click off our messages and text the next person in my recent texts.

To Luke:

tell MIKEY to answer me pleaseeeeeee

"Don't you miss Luke?" Grace asks from beside me.

"Didn't I tell you? We broke up." I say.

"Whaaa. No. Why?"

By now my head had sobered up and I realised a little bit more of what I was doing.

"Things got complicated." I lie.

"Ohhhh." She says and drops it, not long after falling asleep and someone gives us permission to crash here for the night.

**

The next morning I wake up with a dull headache but not half as bad as Grace as she complains the whole walk home. Once we arrived back at my house I made some toast and we fell back asleep afterwards.

Luke's POV

With the new song written and thank god Michael wrote it with Calum. Not long after we finished and were practising Mark rings saying he has something important to tell us.

"Guyyyys. How's it going?" Mark says cheerfully which I was not feeling at the moment.

"Actually pretty good. We've wrote another song." Michael says.

"Good news. We can sort the set list out then and start rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing but I unfortunately I bring bad news. Since you guys are gaining fans quite quickly we can't possibly let you start out with a bad image and so we have to ask you to get rid of your girlfriends if any of you have one." The word stings like a knife and I get up immediately and leave. I was back to stage 1 and in the corner of the hallway with my head against the wall crying. Yes boys cry too.

"Luke." I hear Mark say. "I'm sorry. I had no idea."

"It's okay you weren't to know." I say.

"You can head back to the hotel if you want and the other boys can stay and practise." He says.

"Thanks Mark." I say and head out to call an uber.

As soon as I'm back I hear a silent ringing and I try to find where it is coming from but it stops and I can't find it. I sit down on the sofa and turn the TV on. Looking round after scrolling through non interesting channels I notice the hotel room was really messy. Four boys what can I say. I begin tidying to pass time and maybe that phone might ring soon.

Half an hour into my clean up the boys arrived.

"How'd it go?" I ask.

"It was good. Not the same without you though." Ashton says. "Your voice adds so much to this band."

"I hope you're not being sarcastic Irwin." I say.

"I can't believe the whole you know girlfriend thing. I hate to mention it but why do you think he said that?" Michael asks.

"You heard him. It can't ruin our image." Calum said. "I never thought I would have have to choose between my career and my girlfriend." He finishes.

The same ringing sound from earlier echoed through the room and Michael ran off to find it. It only made me grow more curious although it was probably just his mum.

"I'm gonna have to call Grace. I can't keep this from her." Calum says slightly frustrated but mainly disappointed. He leaves and goes into his and Ashton's room.

"Ashton?" I call. "Are you gonna tell Rosie?" I ask.

"Yeah I will later but I'm hungry first." He says as Michael comes out the room with his phone in his hand.

"Who was it?" I ask.

"Oh. On the phone? My mum." He says sounding slightly unsure.

"Do we have anything in the fridge?" Ashton asks and I open it to reveal an empty fridge.

"Where can we go for dinner?" He asks.

"Maybe we'll find somewhere walking through town." I suggest.

"Walking through a town I couldn't even tell you the name of and don't know well at all." He says.

"It's worth a try. Right Michael?" I look over at him and he is staring at his phone vastly texting someone. "Michael?"

"Yeah. Whatever." He says.

"I'll get Calum." Ashton says and just as he does Calum walks out the room.

"How'd she take it?" Ashton asked.

"Not too bad. She said she understood although when I said maybe one day she said am I supposed to wait around for your career to settle down growing will just make it worse, Bye Calum and she hung up." He explains.

That doesn't sound like Grace much. She seems annoyed but it doesn't seem she's annoyed with Calum.

"Wanna go eat?" Ashton asks Calum.

"Yeah why not." He says.

We all get ready extremely fast as we were all extremely hungry. Aimlessly walking around the roads we find no place to eat until we get right into the centre of the town. We meet some fans along the way and it only reminds me of Tilly's words about meeting more girls on tour. They tell us about this great restaurant and we take their word for it and head over. Seated and eating in no time we were all tucked into our meals when Michaels phone rang again for the third time today to be precise although this time he didn't answer it.

After dinner was done we returned to our hotel and I decided it would be a good idea to use the gym downstairs to clear my mind. Changed and ready I head down and start my exercise on the treadmill. An hour had passed and I was all exercised out but I sat in the lobby for a while.

"Hey Luke." A girls voice says and I look up to see a fifteen/sixteen year old standing in front of me.

"Hi. I'm sorry but do I know you. I'm a but tired right now to remember."

"No you don't. I'm a fan." She giggled.

"Oh. What's up?" I ask.

"I just came to see if you were okay?" She asks.

"Yes I'm fine." No I'm hurt. I lied.

"I can tell you're not but I'm not going to push it. It's just fans have been noticing that you were a bit sad. Anyway I'll see you later." She says and leaves.

I get up and head towards the lift pressing the button and waiting patiently. It's short conversations like that that puzzle me the most.

"Guys." I shout as I enter the dark hotel room. "Did you know there are fans staying here?" I take my shoes off and switch the light on.

"SUPRISE!" They all shout and I see the room is covered in balloons, confetti etc and there is a cake on the kitchen island.

"We couldn't exactly do it yesterday so we thought a day late wouldn't make much difference." Ashton says.

"You really didn't have to." I say but I have to admit this cheered me up a little.

"I tried to convince them but they insisted." Michael says with immense sarcasm and then his phone rings and he goes into our room.

"Okay. Who is it that keeps calling him?" I ask looking around for my phone but neither Calum or Ashton answer. "Guys do you know?" I ask again but the both just look at each other and back to me. It can't be.

Tilly's POV

My mum walked through the door at about 2 o'clock which is a lot earlier than usual and for a moment I was happy we could spend some time together only to have that destroyed by a big decision. To go to boarding school or stay with my auntie Anne in England. I told my mum I needed to think about it and so I was going to stay at Grace's for a few days although that may have been a little lie.

Luke's POV

Michael comes out the room about 10 minutes later and I am waiting staring at the door until my eyes meet with his.

"I can't believe you." I say.

"I can explain."

"Explain what. That you want my ex girlfriend. That you're talking to her behind my back. That you think that is okay." I yell. "We both can't have that and you know that." I say intensely.

"She has the letter." He says. "She read it and she wanted to make things up to you but-" Michael was interrupted by a knock at the door. I really wasn't in the mood for Mark coming here at half nine. I storm over to the door still annoyed at Michael and carelessly swing it open. The least I can say is I'm stunned.

"Who is it?" Michael calls out.

**

Hey guys. Sooooo sorry this took so long but finally another chapter.

Just to let you know this book has past the half way line by quite a bit and the next part will skip time quite quickly but there are more chapters to come.

Thank you so much guys. Speak to you soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 52 38
She didn't deserve what she got. And it was all his fault.
3.6K 85 21
A Luke Hemmings story. True love doesn't always find it's way.
177 45 44
One of the most valuable things in life is love, but it has many obstacles only true love will overcome them.
86.4K 2.5K 40
Amber's world is going to be turned upside down. When she finally goes to a 5 Seconds of summer concert, she never would have guessed she got to mee...