Just Traveling!

By PatchWorkAngel

Meet two friends Shakirie, a smart laid back blond, and Rayne a creative odd hyper Latin. They were just trav... More

Just Traveling!
Chapter 1: JUMP SCARE!
Chapter 2: We're Where?!
Chapter 3: What is THIS?
Chapter 4: Discoveries and Traveling!
Chapter 5: Figuring Stuff Out
Chapter 6: Red
Chapter 7: Traveling Alone... sort of...
Chapter 8: New Partner and Mission
Chapter 9: DON'T DO THIS AT HOME!
Chapter 10: First Solo Mission
Chapter 11: Ghosty!
Chapter 12: A Voice and a Temporary Home
Chapter 13: The Traveling Begins!
Chapter 14: Learning and Meeting
Chapter 15: A New Village?
Chapter 16: Who are you?
Chapter 17: From One Place to Another
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Healing
Chapter 20: Trapped
Chapter 21: Strange Day
Chapter 22: How I Became
Chapter 23: How I Came to Be
Chapter 24: Getting to Know You
Chapter 25: Turn for the Worst
Chapter 26: Siblings Fight
Chapter 27: Hello?
Chapter 28: Choices
Chapter 29: Deadly Destination
Chapter 30: Healing Hours
Chapter 31: Into the World
Chapter 33: Expect the Unexpected
Chapter 33 ~Rage On~
Chapter 34: Rumors Equals Annoyance
Chapter 35: Date Night
Chapter 36: Last Dinner
Chapter 37: Paradise
Chapter 38: Tension Builds
Chapter 39: Finding Life
Chapter 40: Death's Offer
Chapter 42: Chosen Path
Chapter 43: Striving Forward to End All!
Chapter 44: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 45: War
Chapter 46: Out of Control
Chapter 47: Eye Opener
Chapter 48: A Grand Entrance
Chapter 49: Everything Changes
Chapter 50: A Rise of Power
Chapter 51: The Stubbornness of a Ninja
Chapter 52: The Scale Falls Apart
Chapter 53: Seal Broken
Chapter 54: Life and Death vs. A Goddess
Chapter 55: Restoring Balance
Epilogue

Chapter 41: Brought to the World

32 4 0
By PatchWorkAngel

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME NARUTO'S GOING THROUGH SUCH INTENSE TRAINING!"

Rayne's eyes snapped open as she slams the doors to her room outwards until it shattered. Marching towards the cheers of the very family and slightly annoying voice, she marched through another door and was greeted by Gai. Her fist slams against the jonin, shouting.

"YOU JACKASS! YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!"

Instantly the man bowed, "Forgive me Rayne-sama! I did not mean to disturb your youthful slumber!"

Crossing her arms, she frowned slightly before turning back around, "I'm getting dress, meet me by the falls, alright Motoi?"

Walking back to her room, waving her hand to reform the door, she went through her luggage. Picking out a green and blue battle kimono and strapping on armor plating on her chest, she nodded. Going out, she focused on the wind and began her glide towards the waterfalls.

Nearing it, she cringed as Gai shouts, "Me? Afraid?! NEVER!" Floating slightly higher, she saw him land on the small island. Sighing, she floated next to Motoi while the other shinobi, who she can't remember who it was, laughed.

"I was just kidding... I bet your true self's not even a human being!" he laughed.

Huffing, Rayne crossed her arms, "Well that's-"

"Honestly, the time has long passed for this blather about 'youth'" The sudden voice sent a chill down Rayne's spine. "It's not healthy for old men to push themselves so hard."

Rayne looks to the others and saw their confused face. "I understand the need to be energetic around Lee..." the voice sneered, "But no one wants to experience your ridiculous brand of 'youth'."

That voice, she knew it but... she just couldn't put a face to it. Was something supposed to happen that she's forgetting? Gai lifted a fist, shouting, "Say that to my face! Show youself!"

A shadow behind the falls grew larger, "Very well... prepare to face your true self."

BOOM!

Rayne screamed. A beast burst from the falls, showing the face of an Akatsuki member that she had completely forgotten about. "OH SHIT!" she shouted, "It's KISAME!"

Gai quickly reacted, thinking it was still his reflection. Jumping forward, he elbowed the Akatsuki in the chest, sending the monster flying. A thundering explosion appeared as the thing crashed into the side of the falls, sending debris everywhere.

Moving slightly away, her eyes stared at the thing. He was completely fused within his sword, spikes jetting around him, shredding the wraps that still remained. His eyes glared at them, but Gai simply stared.

"Wait... now I recognize him..." he muttered. Something seems to click in his mind as he stated, "It's some kind of giant blowfish!"

Everyone stares at Gai.

The shinobi who she still can't remember, laughs, "Yeah, there area lot of giant animals around here!" He points towards Kisame and smirks, "So that's what your blowfish look like? I bet they're delicious!"

Motoi shouts, fist raised, "Do you all insist on making such idiotic misunderstandings?!"

However, Rayne ignored them. Kisame looks... strange, he puzzled by something before that... thing... the sword keened and moved away from the Akatsuki, unfusing with him and rushing towards B. Rayne spread her arms wide, fully prepared to defend B when she gape. That thing... was purring, rubbing and nipping on B's arm.

It was creepy.

Suddenly the two shinobis moved and shouting. Rayne jumped back, when she saw Kisame's hand signs. A curse formed in her mind. I don't remember this!

Rayne! Watch out!"

"What?!"

A massive shark dragon burst from the waters, swimming passed the shinobis. Waving her hands, she focused the water around her, splitting it. Suddenly though, a hand took hold of her waist, and she was launched into the water.

"HMM!" she held her breath. Looking up to a blurry Kisame, she pulled back her hand and was fully prepared to give the ninja a punch, when she felt them fall into a much larger mass of water.

Kicking the shinobi away, she found the sea swallowing her. Twirling around, she forced herself through the surface, coughing. Growling, she glared at Kisame who pulled out a scroll from his mouth.

"Rayne-sama!"

A splash from beside her appeared and she saw Gai glaring at him, eyes glowing white. His body in his fighting stance, "Are you well, Rayne-sama!"

Pulling herself from the water, she nodded, "I'm fine, just slightly winded."

"Then please go back to the island, I'll fight this demon!"

Glancing at the man, she nodded and dove into the waters. Seconds passes and she launches herself to the island, landing in one of the many spikes. Turning around, she stared at the two. Kisame and Gai were speaking to one another when the blue Akatsuki formed knelt.

She blinks, and that was all it took when she found a massive title wave of sharks splashing towards Gai. He... was extremely small compared to the wave, almost like an ant. Then they disappeared under the water.

Heart racing and wanting to see, she leaps into the air, and gasps. Two massive beast formed under the water. One a roaring tiger and the other a frightening shark.

"THEY'RE HUGE!" Rayne shouted.

Soon they burst forward and the tiger struck first. However, as it tore through, it began to grow smaller and smaller.

Suddenly,

BOOOOOOOOM!!!

Placing her arms across her face, the wind circling around her, she watches as a massive explosion burst from the waters right in front of her, sending a tsunami of water across the whole area, including the island behind her. When the water cleared and stilled, Rayne saw Gai standing on the water, Kisame underneath him. Floating down, she watches as Gai shouted, "I SAID DON'T MOVE!" landing a devastating kick on the down man.

Rayne was standing near Naruto, watching as Naruto praise Gai, "You rock, super eyebrows-sensei! You actually beat this guy!"

B smiled, "Rainin' down the blows, super eyebrows! Too bad that blue sweat stinks like a thousand cows-"

THUD

Rayne delivered a swift punch towards B, knocking him to the ground before facing forward. The Akatsuki member was encased in a block of solid wood, created by Yamato. The blue man was out from the kick Gai gave him, which let the shinobi, who is apparently with the T and I department, pick at his brains.

"Rayne-sama."

"Hmm?" her eyes faced Gai as he looked at her.

"Are you well? Were you injured?"

Smiling, she laughed, "Of course I am, I'm the Vessel of Life, the greatest shield out there."

Smiling, he laughed, "SUCH YOUTHFULNESS!"

"NGRAAAH!" a cry shouted.

Looking towards the encaged Kisame, she gasps. With his mouth pouring out blood, he pulled apart the thick wood. Roaring in rage, he created several handsigns and was surrounded by water. Seconds later, three massive sharks appeared.

Rayne's heart stopped.

She knew what was going to happen.

Her eyes turned to see Naruto, watching intenstly. Kisame was smirking as fresh blood pooled around. Running, she took hold of Naruto and quickly covered his face with a hug to her chest. Closing her eyes, she listened as flesh was torn appart. It felt like hours before the splash and three thuds appeared and popped away. Rayne could smell the fresh blood in the air, making her nauseated.

"R-Rayne-chan... can't breath..."

Looking down, she could see Naruto's blue eyes staring at her, but she refused to let him see. Lifting her hand, without looking, she shoved the area that Kisame was into the ground, putting a new, clean, layer of dirt on the spot.

Moving away, she looks at the blond shinobi before walking away. She could feel Naruto approaching her, but she felt the vibrations stopping. Instantly, she heard a shouts of confusion appearing and she turned around to find the ninjas encased in water.

"It's the water prison!" she shouted and rushes forward. Her fear escalated when she saw several sharks appearing in the water. Though one shark was escaping, she didn't care. Her mind was focused on the water.

Pulling back her hand back, she delivered punch after punch to the waters, tried pulling them apart, but for some reason she couldn't.

IT ISN'T REGULAR WATER! It's infused with Chakra!

"CAN'T I DO ANYTHING?!" cried Rayne as she dug her hands into Naruto's water prison, forcing it apart.

Whatever he said was lost to her as Gai hovered limply in the water, "T-The fight with Kisame wore me out!"

The shark was swimming around but the scent of blood from the man drove it into it's predatory state.

"NO!" she shouted running to Gai. She needed to get to him. Needed to save him! Her hands dug into the water, tears pouring down. "I can't do this alone!" She needs help to save them!

She blinks... somethings shimmering above her. Looking up, she saw it... the rip. The stone was humming with power

Stretching out her hand, she screams, "LIFE!"

RIP!

Several explosions surround her along with thuds, but her eyes were focus to the person in front of her. Reaching for Gai, she pulls him away, but the shark was still in mid motion, it's mouth open as it began to fall on them.

But it never reaches.

The ground burst appart as vines straps the shark and forces it away. A deep low growl appeared, "Rayne..."

Looking up, she saw Life. His glowing green eyes focus as his massive body towers above all of them. The rip above closing. His earth like body was within the ocean, with only his upper neck and head facing them.

Naruto was gaping at him, and shouted, "WHAAAAAAAAA!"

Rayne was smiling as she placed Gai to the ground and rushes towards him, "LIFE!" Jumping to the massive being, she felt the wind wrap around her, guiding her to him until she lands ontop of his muzzle, "You have no idea how happy I am to see you!"

A deep chuckle vibrated the air, "So am I, Rayne, however. We have pressing news." Looking down, he huffed, "The summon has long been gone and has reached its destination."

A frown appeared on their faces but Naruto was confused. Seeing the look, Rayne shouts, "Hey Naruto!" she saw the blond's head towards her, "Come meet my bestest friend/father figure!"

A smile appeared on his face as he jumps towards them, in which Life catches him and places him next to Rayne. Waving her hands towards the massive dragon, she laughs, "This is the Spirit of Life, the one inside my stone!"

He stares at her and then looks up, "Huh, I though he would look like, I don't know, a deer since well..."

"Naruto," Life began, but chuckled when he saw the shinobi finch, "Do not be frighten, Uzumaki, I will not harm you, but as you can see, I am Life."

A sudden whoosh appeared and both look down to see another massive head appearing from the waters, Rayne gasp and shouted, "THAT'S A HUGE TURTLE!"

"Ah, Life-sama... it's been so long since I last saw you," grumbled the massive turtle.

"Yes, it has. Many thousands of years..."

Naruto gaped before he muttered, "T-Thousands..." before he felt Life move and moved along side the island. "Whoa..."

"You said it."

"Naruto..." the blond eeps as he faced life. Gone was the kind figure and soon a sharp glare appeared, "I believe we have a discussion to begin about Rayne and the hot springs."

A massive blush appeared on both of them as Naruto quickly fell to his knees, bowing, "I am so sorry oh great Spirit of Life-sama! I didn't mean for the conversation to get so out of hand! O-Or have Sai suddenly blurt out about her underware, o-or accidentally seeing her underware!"

A deep hum shook them as Life said, "You are forgiven, however," A low and vicious growl appeared, as a pressure forced him to the ground, "If you repeat those accidents again, I will personally hand you your punishment."

For a while, they simply sat on Life's head, listening to the waves underneath them as both he and the island moved. Rayne was relaxing on the ground, staring into the clouds when she asked, "So Naruto, why are you here?"

Naruto was flipping through his scroll, writing several things down, "Oh, Baa-chan said that I'm on a mission to record the ecosystem of this island?"

Rayne stared before she slapped her forehead, "Really? Why on earth would they send you?" she blinked and slaps her head even harder. Why did she say that?!

Naruto frowned and looks to his scroll, "Well... I guess she..."

Life tensed but before he could roar, a large explosion rippled both he and the turtle. Rayne cried out as she was tossed in the air only for Naruto to take hold of her. Lifting her head up, she screamed. A massive snake had appeared, hissing before striking the turtle.

"Go to my crown!" Life shouted before long ice spears struck forward.

Naruto took hold of Rayne and rushed to the crown on top of his head and held her down. "What the hell was that?!"

His eyes were wide at the sight of the snake curling around the island. "N-No..." He stood up, staring as Life shot spear after spear at the snake, trying to dislodge it from the island. "W-What's Manda doing here?!"

Growling, Life roared, but before anything more can happen, it popped away, disappearing. Naruto blinked several times, and stood up, "W-What just happened?"

Rayne glanced at Naruto before shrugging her shoulders, "Who knows, could be one of the Islands monsters. I mean did you see how big it was..."

She saw his blue eyes staring at her, narrowed, before muttering, "Yeah..."

Rayne stepped even closer to him, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Play along with them," she whispered, "You'll find out soon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 7.2K 48
This is a story by White Angel of Auralon accessible on Fanfiction.net, I'm just bringing it over to a more comfortable platform. Naruto has a big se...
150K 6K 19
[THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED, NEW CHAPTERS WILL SOON COME OUT, AS WELL AS MANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES. THANK YOU] A stuck up brunette enters a boo...
665K 19.7K 38
After encountering a strange shinobi, Boruto and Sarada are send back in the past. TIME TRAVEL FANFICTION [Completed]{Under Editing}
54.5K 2K 25
After being caught doing something he shouldn't do, Deidara freaks out. He knew he shouldn't have done that, but he still did. Good news is that Itac...